July 26, 2014 | 1793 users online

Mascara - Clinique - High Impact Mascara

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2012 1:11:00 AM More reviews by Lydia07

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got a sample of this from Sephora. I'm not usually a Clinique makeup person. I associate them with skin care and a clean simple look and I like more drama, especially when it comes to eyes. That said, I was surprised to love this mascara! It gave me really long thick lashes. I used several coats and the clumping was not bad, and what there was I was able to comb out with an eyelash comb. It also didn't smudge or flake at all during the day, which is something that my L'oreal Telescopic has been doing a bit, though I didn't realize until using this. It did, however, come off fairly easily at the end of the day. I have been using a Buxom mascara that is hard to get off even with eye makeup remover, so that was nice. My only complaint with this is that it made my eyes burn a bit. They didn't get red and it stopped after it had been on a little while though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2012 12:14:00 AM More reviews by jellybabe23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I always get this mascara during the GWP season when I buy my moisturizer from Clinique. Anyway, the formula is fantastic--my lashes feel nice and soft and it's a perfect mix between a dry and wet formula. The brush is a traditional brush (i.e., not the hard, plastic wand you see nowadays). How I apply: curl my lashes with a regular eyelash curler, wipe off excess mascara on a tissue, then apply slowly. I do my bottom lashes first, then the top. The result: Perfect, natural and defined lashes for the daytime. If I feel like amping it up for the night, I don't wipe off the excess onto a tissue, I'll just apply straight from the tube. I have inserted a picture for you all the see. Highly recommend this mascara!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2012 11:06:00 AM More reviews by Magdalena

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Its brush is great to work with, and the mascara is one of the best I've used. It glides on easily, giving me very nice, thicker and smooth black lashes, yet it doesn't look overdone for every day. Will get it again, probably when Clinique has a GWP thing going on; not a huge fan of most of their makeup, but they do have some decent things (like this and the French Vanilla matte eyeshadow single).

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2012 11:10:00 PM More reviews by puppylover324

I have a sample from clinique at the moment and I LOVE THIS MASCARA! This is the only non waterproof mascara that doesn't give me raccoon eyes! It curls my straight lashes, not dramatically but enough for me. It's easy to apply and I am going to repurchase ASAP.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/10/2012 6:17:00 PM More reviews by jennifermac11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I didn't like this mascara during the first week or so of use. It seemed too liquidy and clumped easily However, now after about 1 month of use the consistency has changed and I like it a lot. It builds on itself easily and doesn't clump too much. As far as volume and length goes...just okay. I think this mascara is great in combination with any other mascara. I use 2 coats of Clinique and 1 coat of Covergirl Clump Crusher, I actually had people ask me if I was wearing false lashes.
I will probably repurchase. Not sure though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2012 2:54:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

1) Lengthening: no
2) Volume: yes, but just ok
3) Curl: yes, but just ok

Bottom Line: this mascara is ok, not a repeat buy for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2012 12:28:00 PM More reviews by bunny10

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Hands down ther BEST mascara I have ever tried. I get lots of volume and "in your face" lashes. I get lots of compiments when wearing it. Before I apply, I scrape the brush on the rim of the tube to scrape off some product because way too much comes out on the brush. I don't "pump" the wand in the tube before hand either. That is unnecessary in my opinion. Start closest to the lash line and "wiggle" as I go up. One maybe two coats is suffiecient.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2012 8:22:00 AM More reviews by Suesaroo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Got this as a GWP and just got a sample from Sephora. I am making the purchase this weekend. The formula feels great and loooks good. Long wearing and no eye irritation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2012 11:26:00 PM More reviews by Missy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I received a small tube of this as a GWP. I don't generally purchase mid to high-end mascara because, in my experience, drugstore mascara is just as good. Having said that, I would actually consider purchasing this after my sample tube is gone. It is beautiful! It applies so smoothly and doesn't clump or flake all day. No raccoon eyes at the end of the day and no fading either. It also doesn't make my eyes sting and itch like a lot of others do. So, I'm pretty impressed and I have to say this is my new favorite mascara! Yay!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2012 7:32:00 PM More reviews by Holymacarony

I am now on my 4th high impact mascara, and I love the brush and the formula. I dont need a makeup remover for this, i just wash it off in the shower. And it doesnt smudge at all. When it rains outside, the maskara falls under my eyes as small clumps, so I just brush it away with my finger, and everything is fine. Used it when i lived in Bali too, and the formula was perfect for the climate.