July 29, 2014 | 848 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Lustre - Honey Lust

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2006 3:16:00 AM More reviews by KerissaMarie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

BEAUTIFUL on my hazel brown eyes/ Medium skin tone. I use it with the MAC liner brush for my lower lash line, and it brightens up my whole face. This is best for a warm skin tone. My favorite gold ever.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/10/2006 7:18:00 PM More reviews by Sarahstar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love MAC eyeshadows, but this one was awful. I know to expect some glitter on the face from lustres, but this one bothered my eyes all day. It was all glitter. Color payoff was not so good either. Too bad, the color is pretty in the pan.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2006 10:23:00 PM More reviews by angeltrak

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

One of my favorite shadows. Honey Lust looks so pretty with Tempting. It was the first look I was given at the MAC counter & I really love it. I will definately be repurchasing this, it's gorgeous

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2006 8:06:00 PM More reviews by ahappyplace

This is so beautiful in pan and on my very PPP skin. It's the only golden color I've really ever liked on myself. It flakes like mad, so I have to use a small firm brush or sponge-tip applicator and apply slowly and carefully. I actually don't mind the lustre formula too much, especially this shade, because the extra effort is worth the gorgeous, sparkly results. For a drop-dead sexy look (and no sparkles all over the cheeks, an added bonus!), use Jordana Craving Coffee shadestick knockoff as a base and pack Honey Lust over it for an amazing, crazy-shimmery golden brown. =)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2006 5:52:00 AM More reviews by rodream20

For everyone that does not like lustre eyeshadows...you should definitely purchase a cream color base (for dry lids), or a shadestick (for normal lids) and use it as a base before applying the shadow onto the lid! I cannot stress how much the color will pop and hold the less pigmented formulation of mac lustre shadows. I also heard that using fluidline as a base helps as well! I love this color, but you need to use a base with this in order to get a good color payoff.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2006 6:57:00 PM More reviews by wcw74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Honey Lust is a beautiful orangey gold that looks wet when you test it out on your hand. But this is also one of the most frustrating textures. I have this color in my Jewel (?) holiday palette. All the other colors work beautifully except for Honey Lust. It's hard to apply and doesn't stay on. I get glittery lashes within an hour. I've tried for over a year and still haven't figured out how to use this e/s. Gorgeous color but looks alone doesn't get very far. I'll update if I can ever figure out Honey Lust.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2006 5:06:00 PM More reviews by Fawny

I love this shade! It's the first shadow I bought from MAC and it started my addiction (I currently own 20 colors!) Every time I use it I am always impressed with the beautiful golden peachy color, it looks fabulous when you brush it all over your eye, then line your eyes in the MAC Shadestick in Penny. I have very pale skin (NW15) so golds tend not to show up great but this color really does!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2006 1:33:00 PM More reviews by dewdropsjd

A MAC lustre that is more tolerable than others. NC30 I use it on outer corners.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2006 5:43:00 PM More reviews by smallnspicy

I have to agree with softgrey's comment... it looks great when layered with another highly pigmented color. Alone it doesn't have much to it other than just glittery sparkle, but when paired with peaches, pinks, browns, well probably almost anything, it definitely adds that sparkle. Be careful with applying too much though, there's a very thin line from looking like a girl who knows how and where to apply the lustre and looking like disco ball. :-) I'd definitely buy again if i ever run out, i use it very sparingly and preferrably at night.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2005 8:40:00 PM More reviews by softgrey

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Alone, this shadow ain't so pretty...it's not well-pigmented because of it's "lustre' finish. HOWEVER, I don't think MAC's lustre finishes were designed to be pigmented. I think they were designed to be layered over top of other [well-pigmented] shadows...or as a highlight. With that said, I think Honey Lust is a great color to layer over chocolate browns, peachy colors and even pinks. I think this shadow is more for the clubs than for school or work.