October 23, 2014 | 1122 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Frost - Sable

rated 1 of 5 on 8/22/2008 2:06:00 AM More reviews by pillager

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This color is gorgeous--brown with gold flecks. But I'm in the minority here--while it looks beautiful in the container, it just doesn't seem to apply uniformly. I've tried brushes and applicators, but it goes on unevenly.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2008 1:40:00 AM More reviews by madddiemom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Sable is one of my HG shadows. It's great for everyday. I like to wear it in the crease with MAC's Shroom or Brule.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2008 12:56:00 AM More reviews by lolipoped

This is a gorgeous everyday brown, for my everyday look, i swipe this on with my MAC 227 for a sheer application, line my eyes with my MAC Teddy eye pencil, and follow with a swipe of Maybelline define-a-lash, i then clean my 227 brush off and highlight with my MAC mineralized natural skin fish in Light. Add blush, lipstick and lipgloss and your good to go :)

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2008 8:43:00 PM More reviews by imbrys

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This color is a must have for olive skin complexion and dark eyes. I use select cover up us a base for it and apply it on my lid and crease. I use shroom as a highlighter. Finally, I use Teddy and Stubborn Brown liner to complete the look. It's a very natural, yet professional day look. Makes brown eyes pop!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2008 11:24:00 PM More reviews by TakenByHim

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm Asian, NC42 and this color looks great on me. I've seen many swatches of this and they appear darker than this is on my skintone. On me, it is a slightly frosty medium brown shade with some gold. It is casual enough to wear in a professional office environment daily yet I can create a night time look by pairing it w/black and dark brown matte shades. With a good primer, it stays on my lids all day. It is so smooth and blendable..I love the texture of it. It is the one and only eyeshadow pan I've ever used up and had to rebuy. I highly recommend this for NC42 gals who are looking for neutrals with a slight kick.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2008 8:30:00 PM More reviews by AliceF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I love Sable. The shade is a very wearable medium-darkish, plum brown with a tinge of golden bronze shimmer frost. It definitely has more shimmer than Romp, Mulch or Satin Taupe IMHO and makes for a more daring look. A little goes a long way.

Because of the plum it pairs well with cool shades, but because of the golden bronze it also pairs well with warm tones, making this a very versatile shadow. I'm a fair skinned NC 15 with olive eyes and dark hair and I can only get away with wearing it as a crease shade by day, paired with Patina, Ricepaper or Smashbox Champagne. For a smoldering smoky look I adore it with Soba on the lid, Sable in the crease and Mulch in the outer V, lined and mascared heavily; Browbones and inner eyes dusted lightly with Ricepaper. On darker skin it looks fantastic in it own, the lid and crease accentuating different refects of dirty plum and tarnished bronze.

Because of the metallic shimmer in this one, I avoid matching it with shimmer blushes and find that I most often reach for Mac Melba or Tenderling.

I got this one in a pot unfortunately, and while I don't loathe them (there are worse!) I do wish they were at least a little flatter, more portable and durable. What's with all the wasted space?

I've never owned a Sable and never will, but I will repurchase this!

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2008 5:29:00 PM More reviews by nicoleh619

I would buy it again and again. On my NC50 complexion it's just beautiful. It's a shimmery plummy pink brown and it makes my eyes look beautiful and stand out yet, it's understated and can be worn in a corporate environment...It's lovely. I'm very happy to have it in my palette although I do agree with the reviewer who said it crumbles easily. I just transferred what was left of mine to one of my sample jars but it's still a worthwhile shadow to own.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2008 4:49:00 PM More reviews by jrpagv

Sable is my HG brown eyeshadow! I wear either it or Woodwinked everyday! LOVE it! Perfect for an everyday look.

I have pictures of my eyes with it on in my profile.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2008 7:49:00 PM More reviews by LaciP504

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Muted golden plum brown w/ bronze shimmer and a frost. More than your typical brown, that's for sure. This and satin taupe are probably my favorite 2 brown e/s by MAC. Rec'ed on the board and I wasn't disappointed. Hazel eyes, MAC C3/NC 20-25, 1.5 (shell) Chanel T.I.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2008 3:58:00 AM More reviews by angelyshis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was hesitant to try this color, but was happily surprised as it is a very natural looking color on me and I love the shimmer in it. This is perfect for me when I am doing a more muted eye to pair with bold red lips. For reference I am an NC 37-40.