Bare Escentuals Faux Tan

4.2

Water (Aqua/Eau), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dihydroxyacetone, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Sorbitan Isostearate, Xanthan Gum, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/Vp Copolymer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Saccharomyces/Copper Ferment, Ascorbic Acid, Retinyl Palmitate, Sodium Metabisulfite, Tocopheryl Acetate, Trisodium EDTA, Octapeptide-5, Phenoxyethanol, Geraniol, Linalool, Limonene, Fragrance (Parfum). May Contain: Red 40 (CI 16035), Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Blue 1 (CI 42090).

on 1/21/2008 1:45:00 PM

This product is beyond... It is easy to use and very forgiving unlike most sunless tanners (accidental streaks are easy to blend). The color is natural and deep. I trusted it for my wedding! After one use, you'll notice a glow. It's a fantastic product and much safer than the sun.

on 1/16/2008 9:06:00 AM

i LOVE this product. I had been using Fake Bake for years, and im not saying i wouldnt again, but this is a great change up. I love the fact that i can put it on (there is no self tanning odor- it actually smells like tanning oil..until it starts to develop then there is the slightest little odor of self tanner) but i like that i can apply it and actually go out into public. Fake bakes bronzer is sooo dark that it looks ridiculous. My first application was a nice light tan (but not too light). I put it on the next day and it has developed into a very nice, natural looking tan. I just applied it again (3rd day in a row) and i think this will be my desired color.
The only downside is it was 22 bucks and the bottle reallly isnt that big. A little does go a long way though, although you do have to work fast because it does dry rather fast (pro and con).

Hope this helps!

on 1/6/2008 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Great product. Gave me a very natural color. I use plastic gloves when applying and layer my body lotion on top to help even out the application. Comes out streak free and natural every time.

on 12/30/2007 11:31:00 PM

My favorite sunless tanner! I was first inspired to try this after learning that it was a gel and not a lotion. (I realize some may like the 2-in-1 benefits of the sunless tanners with a lotion base, but for those of us with normal to oily skin, this is a God send!) It absorbs quickly and I love the color, not only to use as a guide to see where it's been applied, but because it's actually brown with cool undertones. Most importantly, after a few hours I develop a beautiful tan. Of course exfoliation is important, as it is with any tanner.

The first application is great... not too tan, even for the winter months and gives me a natural tan coloring. The second application gives me a richer tan which appears more like I did when I used to -dare I say it, sunbathe! :-)

I usually apply twice a week and have the "big daddy" pump which has lasted me about a year. I've tried gloves a couple times, but find it's a smoother and easier application if I just use my bare hands.

GREAT TIP: use baking powder to remove the stain from your palms. Shake out a tablespoon or two into your hand and scrub. Repeat once and all the color is GONE!

on 12/28/2007 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I agree with all the positive reviews about this product. AMAZING!

-Doesn't have that icky 'self-tanner smell'
-Goes on so smoothly
-You can see where it goes so you have an even application
-Beautiful color (I'm fairly tan myself, but I used it on my best friend who has really fair skin w/tons of freckles and it was beautiful) No oompa-loompa impersonaters here!
-Definitely worth the money

One con: definitely need to wear gloves when applying. But that isn't too big of a deal. If you fold the gloves down a bit and rub a little on your hand, you're set.

Mine usually lasts me about 6 months; using it about 1-2 times a week.

on 12/26/2007 6:09:00 PM

I love Bare Essentials products but this has to be one of my favorites! I tried a sample from sephora just before Christmas Eve. I didn't exfoliate or moisterize and I still had a beautiful natural brown tan after one application. This is not a high maintainece product and still delivers awsome results. Everyone at the party commented on how nice and glowing we looked. It's not an overly obvious brown look, but more of a actual tanned glow. Natural and so worth the 22 bucks.

on 12/9/2007 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Girls!!!! Listen up, this product is awful. I am medium to tan anyway, but i really don't lay out in the sun much but i wanted a little more color. I decided to order Faux Tan and when i got it, i left it on for 1 hour, and i bathed and IT ALL CAME OFF, right in the shower, talk about being disappointed! So, i tried the next day, i had to leave it on for over THREE HOURS to get an effect and oh boy!!! I was so orange it didn't look natural, to top it off it stained my clothes and it made me stink to high heaven, so bad i couldn't stand myself. But, i have to say that the faux tan powder for your face blends in and i love the blush that comes with it, and the brush is so nice, but honestly i would not waste my money on this again, it isn't even worth what i paid for it which was $60. Really, it all went down the drain....LITERALLY!

on 12/5/2007 10:34:00 AM

I mix this stuff with my moisterizer at night and it just takes the edge off of my super pale, sallow skin. It really provides warmth. I would not use this if I were looking for a dark tan, though. Or perhaps use this in combo with a powder bronzer from BE. Anyway, this product has really changed my life. It helped me wean myself off of the tanning salon.

Oh, and I have acne-prone skin and this does not make me break out and helps me cover some scars. It also has NO smell or gross chemical-y feeling to it.

on 10/2/2007 10:52:00 AM

OMG this is HG material here! Being a natural redhead with a complexion somewhere between milk and Casper the Ghost, self-tanning is a necessity. being that pale though presents serious selftan challenges. many STs turn orange on me or are just too too dark. or the smell chases me right out of the bathroom. not BE's! this actually shows up on me as a tan, not a coating of rust. it doesn't smell like chemicals either, just a nice coconutty-like scent (kinda like the tanning oils of yore). i apply it with latex gloves (i discovered the hard way it really does stain your palms if you don't) and the lotion just glides all over your body. and here's the real bonus--i apply it on my face too and don't break out!! i have a tempermental t-zone that breaks out from lots of self-tanners but not this one.
i've tried lots of BE products. not in love with their foundation as it makes my pores look garage-door sized, don't have the patience for their loose eyeshadows, but loooove mineral veil and this product.
my only complaints with this prod are (and they're small ones):
it's kinda pricey (but hey it works wonders for me!)
a little always drips out the top of the bottle and turns a weird green-blue color (what's that about--oxidation maybe?)
will definitely repurchase & already have several times!

on 8/8/2007 1:58:00 PM

alrighty.

This is hands down the best self tanner you can buy on the market right now. It turns you a nice brown color, but you must put it on correctly. I am very naturally pale. Everyday, at least 3 people come up to me and tell me how nice and tan I look. In the middle of the winter! && all my friends know I'm naturally pale, and know I would never go tanning, so they ask me what I use because they think it looks "amazing" and they want to buy a bottle for themselves.

HOW TO::
In the shower I use an exfoliator , and pretty much scrub off all of the self tanner, then reapply it, every 2 or 3 days I do this. I feel orange if i keep adding more, and if you put on just one thick layer it will look really good. && sometimes it rubs off in certain places, so the more you exfoilate the less areas of random white spot there will be. I have 0. (:

also, do not put a thick coat of this on the back of your hands. It will look orange, and you may not get in between your fingers and it will look dumb. Instead mix a little bit of self tanner with some lotion and rub the back of your hands together, getting in every crack and space, && your hands won't look dirty or wierd.

The only con i find in this product, is the fact that you have to learn how to be good @ putting it on. Also, how you have to scrub your hands for 5 minutes getting the black off. But it does come off, and I have learned how to put it on perfectly, so if you practice @ it, it will work for you 2 (:

Video Reviews & Tutorials