Matrix Biolage - Conditioning Balm

4.2

2015 (name changed) HYDRASOURCE CONDITIONER INGREDIENTS AQUA / WATER / EAU PROPYLENE GLYCOL MYRISTYL ALCOHOL CETEARYL ALCOHOL CETRIMONIUM CHLORIDE DECYL OLEATE PHENOXYETHANOL PARFUM / FRAGRANCE METHYLPARABEN ALOE BARBADENSIS / ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE ETHYLPARABEN LIMONENE HEXYL CINNAMAL COUMARIN LINALOOL CITRIC ACID PASSIFLORA EDULIS FRUIT JUICE BISABOLOL----------------------------------------------2012 Ingredients: Water, Propylene Glycol, Myristyl alcohol, Cetearyl alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Decyl Oleate, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Ethylparaben, Limonene, Hexylcinnamal, Coumarin, Linalool, Citric Acid, Passiflora Edulis Fruit Juice, Bisabolol.------------------------------------------- Old ingredients: Water, Propylene Glycol, Myristal Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Decyl Oleate, Rosemary Extract (Rosemarinus Officinalis), Golden Seal (Hydrastis Canadensis), Algae Extract, Chitosan PCA, Quaternium-79 Hydrolyzed Keratin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Fragrance.

on 7/30/2009 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

My hair type: long, fine, thick, straight (stick straight and completely bodyless) and unprocessed
extremely prone to breakage no matter the length
easily tangled
EXTREMELY resistant to products and processes

With this conditioner, I've finally found a product that works well and can be purchased in a brick & mortar store. (I think Terax Original Crema works best for me, but I always forget to order it in advance of running out.) It has a nice, subtle scent also.

I have difficulty just getting most conditioners through my hair but this one works through easily, penetrates and conditions nicely. I'm able to use it root to tip, too, since it doesn't leave a residue to weigh down my fine hair. I wash and condition my hair first thing in the shower, leaving this in 'till the end, and this seems to be enough for my ends and not too much for my roots. Plus, my scalp likes it, which is a tough find. Many hair products bother my dry scalp, causing it to produce a lot of oil and to itch.

For this to be my ideal, the conditioning would have to be a bit more intense so that it could completely prevent the breakage to which I'm prone. I gave it 5 stars anyway, given the extreme obstinance of my hair since getting any results is a tall, tall order.

*To give you a better idea how big a deal it is to find something that has any affect on my hair, especially without a gunky residue, here's a bit more info.

My hair is resistant to most everything. Not much penetrates it. It will not hold color, perms, etc. Even seasoned, top notch stylists are astounded by it.
When I've gotten perms in the past, the processing time has had to be greatly extended because my hair processes at such a slow rate. And even with a perm, my hair will not take a curl from heat methods like curling irons or hot rollers, no matter how much spray or other holding products are used.

on 5/30/2009 12:46:00 PM

I have fine colour treated hair & i find this balm too heavy for my hair type - not the products fault.But i will fault it on its texture - its impossible to get the balm to adhere to wet hair, i can never seem to work it through my hair - i end up just superfically coating my hair with it & lots of it end up getting wasted as it just slips off the hair.i prefer vo5's cheapo conditioners - but thankfully this was a gift as i found out it is way above what i would normally pay for a hair conditioner. The tube is silly - upside down click on-lid tubes are never a good idea in the shower as they collect stagnant water inside the lid and around its rim...not nice. Im really just trying to use this conditioner up at this stage.

on 5/30/2009 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I've used this conditioner on and off since I was about 15 years old, and I usually always have a tub of it in stock somewhere. This is the most moisturizing conditioner I have ever tried and them smell is amazing, very botanical. This has always made my somewhat frizzy prone hair smooth as silk! I love using the shampoo as well. I actually prefer this in the tub as opposed to the tube, but I always pay a little more to get the tub with the pump. The tub lasts about 3-4 months with regular use, and I have shoulder length, medium thick hair. I would recommend this for anyone that needs moisture, or someone that colors treats and heat styles their hair (me).

on 5/27/2009 11:12:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Hands down, this is the best conditioner I've ever used, and I've tried too many to count. I have very long, straight, fine (but a lot of it), colored hair that I put up in hot rollers daily. Because it's so long and abused, the ends can get quite dry. When that happens, it's less likely to hold a curl well and it looks more fly-away. I fell in love the first time I tried this conditioner. It rinses clean and leaves my hair feeling like silk, even on the ends! I never notice a build-up when I use this. My wet hair combs out like a dream, which is saying a lot because it's usually a tangled mess, but not when I use this. I am virtually guaranteed to have a good hair day when I use this conditioning balm. My search for the best conditioner is over!

on 5/12/2009 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have fine, naturally curly hair which is naturally dry.

This conditioner never weighs down my hair, even when used daily. Love it!

on 5/10/2009 12:11:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

It is expensive but worth it ($21 for a tub). Pretty thick and concentrated so it seems to last a long time. I have been using for about 3 months on thin, frizzy, highlighted, lowlighted, overprocessed, blow dried, curled and flat ironed hair. This is the only product that I have used that returns the resilience, bounce, stretch, shine to my abused hair. The smell is amazing and lingers throughout the day. JC Penney's often has great buy one get one free sales so that's when I usually get mine.

on 4/30/2009 12:41:00 AM

This stuff is horrible for my hair! I have very fine, dry hair, with some curls/waves. I bought the shampoo, and I liked that a lot, so I got the conditioner as well. My gosh, for $20, and it made my hair worse than before, feels like you can`t wash it out. Also, it did not matter if I blow dried my hair or let it air dry, my hair became very dry, frizzy! I Burts Bees or Freeman sea kelp is so much nicer for me, which I don`t understand, most people love this stuff, only a few had the same experience as I had...

on 4/15/2009 2:45:00 AM

Definitely worth the money. Extra concentrated so you don't need to use a lot! I like doing conditioning treatments but it is perfect for daily conditioning as well.

on 4/8/2009 11:41:00 PM

I like this conditioner because it is very moisturizing without the heavy, greasy feeling. I have over-processed, bleached, and very porous hair. Too much conditioner usually makes it feel soft yet greasy and it won't hold a curl the next day. In addition, I like the fact that this conditioner is silicone-free. While I think some silicones are necessary-esp. for bleached hair, too much can build up and have the opposite effect. Ironically, I am not too fond of the smell, but that is alright. I have been using Biolage since it first came out-maybe in 1992? I feel SO old!! In addition, I do not like the regular conditioner that usually comes w/the shampoo in the "package deals". This stuff is way better.

First of all, I really love the smell of this condition balm. The natural ingredients are a big plus too. After using this my hair is a bit less frizzy and feels very soft. The only complaint is that it makes my oily scalp a bit more oily than usual the day I use it. However, I only use this twice a week so its not too bad. The first time I bought this it was in a tub. It was a bit inconvenient to unscrew the top, dig out the conditioner and then screw the top back on with slippery fingers. The second time i bought this, I found it in a squeeze tube, which makes it so much easier to use.

Top Rated Matrix Products