July 30, 2014 | 1934 users online

Bronzers - MAC - Refined Golden

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2007 1:30:00 PM More reviews by NARSaholic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I think that this is an excellent bronzer. I have light/medium skin tone (more medium this time of year), blonde hair, and blue eyes. As someone who has tried pretty much everything under the sun (no pun intended), this is a truly amazing bronzer. In the compact, it looks like it would be very "glittery" when applied, but it actually looks like a soft, sunlit glow when swept on the face. I use this over MAC's tinted moisturizer and I always get complimented for how "glowy" my skin looks. Definitely recommend it!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/8/2007 6:54:00 PM More reviews by YoAmoBecho

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This bronzer was so... yucky! It barely showed up on my NC 37-42 skin. I HATED the annoying gold sparkles, and the texture was weird....it was really thin somehow. I B2M this bronzer, having used it only once. What a waste.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2007 8:16:00 PM More reviews by maliastyle

I'm leery about MAC's complexion products - particularly the foundations and powders, as I've had the experience of la Oompa Loompa on my combination NC25-30 skin. But I wanted more color to my skin, now that my hair is back to black, and I'm feeling a little too porcelain for my liking... so after all the great reviews, I wanted to try this out. And I'm glad I did. It does look awfully shimmery in the pan, but my brush picks up just the right amount of pigment, allowing a soft, subtle glow - just that pop of color, that tiny amount of fake sun.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2007 2:42:00 PM More reviews by tenderheart003

While I like this, I don't love it. I'm not crazy about the sparkles, and it is easy to over-do it. I am an olive FFF (NC30ish). The sparkles really don't show up on my skin thank goodness. This does look a little orangey on me if I brush too much on, but not as bad as other bronzers that I have tried.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/21/2007 10:29:00 AM More reviews by melodiej

DO NOT LIKE THIS BRONZER AT ALL!! Very disappointed, so far NOTHING beats Tarte, Hotel Heiress!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2006 5:32:00 PM More reviews by benisas

Looks great on my C3 skin -- gives me a naturally darklook when I want to go for more colour. Its very easy to do an overkill with this bronzer because I went to a wedding and saw the pictures after -- wayyy too dark. So go lightly and remember to blend with a very soft brush. Love the shimmer, shows up as a nice glow. Would recommend if Golden didn't show up on you like it didnt show up on me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2006 1:36:00 PM More reviews by iluvboyz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I tried "Golden" before and was curious to try "Refined Golden". So the other day I finally went out and purchased it. I thought "Refined Golden" would have less sparkles(not that I don't LOVE glitter and sparkles) but the MAC girl told me it actually had more. I fell in love with this as soon as she opened the compact. It's a gorgeous gold toned bronzer with little gold glitter(but soft). I love it. When I put "Refined golden" on I noticed however that it's darker then "Golden" so I have to have a lighter hand. Also the gold glitter in it isn't harsh or really noticable unless you look very closely.To me it's more of a shimmer! I would recommend this and "Golden" for anyone who wants a sex kitten California girl look to them!:D

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2006 10:46:00 PM More reviews by addicted_to_makeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Nice bronzer love the tiny golden flecks. They hit your face in the right spots. Great color and texture stays put all day and sticks great to my moistirizer and foundation. Little too expensive but I guess beauty is pain....at least on my wallet! Lasts forever and will definately repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/29/2006 7:07:00 PM More reviews by sweetdevilgirl

Wasn't crazy about this one. It looked a bit orangy on me, and I just didn't think it was worth the price at all. Don't know what else to say, the color was just really bad on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2006 2:53:00 AM More reviews by tablet21

I'm an NW20, and this is the best bronzer I have used on my skin.

Its not too dark, and while there is a fair amount of shimmer in it, I don't use it terribly often on my face, and its the perfect bronzed glow on my decolletage and body.