November 23, 2014 | 2071 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Blot Powder - Medium/Dark

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2008 12:07:00 PM More reviews by verybecca

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for almost 2 years now (repurchased many times) and it's wonderful...completely invisible and never looks cakey or 'powdery' on my NC35 skintone - absorbs oil and keeps me matte for a while. I use the Stila Retractible Powder Brush for this in my makeup bag and it's the perfect combo for touchups. I just wish the compact was a little cuter...I'd love a refillable one, although I get to B2M this in the end, which is always nice.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2008 12:29:00 AM More reviews by Xxkonixx

this powder is fine and it works great in oil controlling......but i'm more looking for a product with a little bit more coverage and finer texture........i don't know if it's just me...but when i touch the powder on the surface it has a very sandy feeling.....if they would mill it finer i would have been really happy.....
UPDATE: went back to it coz it's the cheapest oil controlling powder out there that actually works......i feel so stupid looking for better texture and more expensive powder that does nothing for my skin.........but instead of medium/dark..........i got medium and it does brighten up my skin and even out my skin tone a bit..........it becomes something that i can't live without.........

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2007 12:54:00 PM More reviews by dmchee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm NC35 and I find that med-dark is too light and dark is too dark. The simplest solution would be to buy both in loose powders and mix them together but I prefer pressed powders, so I just buy med-dark and apply it underneath my foundation (chanel mat lumiere). dark by itself actually makes me look too tanned. my skin is REALLY oily so I don't expect miracles; but so far, this is the best powder at controlling oiliness. for work, i just wear this powder alone, and i can see dots of oil on my pores by noon, but at least its not an oil slick. I use the puff that comes with the compact but i recommend that you change it whenever you see dark spots because it will start to smell really bad once contaminated with sebum.
[update March 2009] I've probably repurchased this powder a billion times now. MAC has discontinued their loose powder version, so I just buy the compact and grind up the powder using a metal fork and put it into a plastic container with sifter and apply with a big fluffly powder brush!!! I might consider mixing this with mineral makeup for an easy one-step application.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2007 4:45:00 PM More reviews by ed100866

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use this powder UNDER my powder foundation (StudioFix, NC30). I brush it on with a kabuki brush, then apply my foundation. I find that the combination keeps me shine-free until lunch time. I have pretty shiney skin, so I dont expect miracles - but this product works better than others I have tried and does not irritate, dry out, or break out my skin. I wouldnt wear just this, as there isn't much pigment or coverage to it. The color is also slighly pale-pinky which doesnt match my skin, but under powder foundation, it just soaks up oil & does its job.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2007 1:16:00 AM More reviews by canterburytale

I can't find anything that beats this powder. I don't wear foundation, so I usually just use this over my clean moisturized face in the morning to absorb the shine. I can apply powder blush over it and it works out great and if I apply concealor this sets it nicely. I've used Clinique's Matte pressed powder, BB oil free face powder, Laura Mercier's foundation powder, Stila's foundation powder as well as Mac's studio fix foundation powder and this is the only one that doesn't irritate my skin or break me out. Plus it feels light enough to blot during the day without adding heavy powder on top of my skin. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2007 3:35:00 PM More reviews by Hyperduckz3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff! Total HG material here! I only have to apply about 2-3 times a day & I stay matte (not TOO matte). I love it! I recommend people getting medium even if they are pretty light cause all the shades are very light in color.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2007 7:53:00 PM More reviews by VJ21

I'm hooked on Mac Blotting Pressed Powder.I'm NC35 I live in Texas and it is very humid here. At the Mac store the girl told me it is the number one selling product, I can see why. It helps with the shine and oil without overdrying my face and I really like that it doesn't add more color it kind of goes on colorless and doesn't make my make-up look cakey. It helps keep make-up stay longer, one of my tips is to put it over your eyelids before your eyeshadow it helps keep my eyeshadow in place and last loonger when I do this. I have and will continue to buy.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2007 2:41:00 PM More reviews by arianabanana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

This product is good for me in summer. I apply my foundation, give my nose, forehead and chin a light dusting of this, then apply my bronzer. This colour works well for me, i use a very light hand and i can re-apply 2-3 time through the day and night and it never looks cakey.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2007 4:59:00 PM More reviews by jhoggan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I ought this when I bought my N5 Studio Fix. The MA told me that this is what you apply throughout the day to prevent shine. So far it has worked well. It does what it is supposed to and gives a matte finish.

I gave it 4 lippies because of the price. But will probably still re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2007 11:22:00 AM More reviews by Lulle

It just does its job very well. My skin is VERY oily on the nose and forehead and this powder prevents the shine. Of course it doesn't last all day, but 4-5 hours is already a good performance for me.

Although it isn't supposed to add coverage or colour, I think it does make my skin tone look more even and fresh. I chose medium/dark after trying the colours on with a MUA, although my skin is pretty fair (NW 20-25).