MAC Blot Powder - Medium/Dark

4.4

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have extremely oily skin and I just love this product. It keeps the shinies away. I am pretty light skinned and went with the medium dark color and it is the perfect color for me.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Yep, I see why people love this. Exactly what I needed for my t-zone. I apply during the day with a portable brush, and it keeps me from being too shiny. This is the first face product I have liked by MAC, and I will definately re-purchase.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I like this pressed powder. Its translucent, which i like. When i apply this on my oily t-zone, it removes the shine and does NOT add color (unlike other "translucent" pressed powders i've used). I use Studio fix powder foundation, so my foundation shade is still there, but without oiliness. What sucks is that the compact pad is stored right on top of the powder (which i have to replace the pad more often to avoid bacteria contamination). But overall, the powder is awesome.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

this is my favorite powder! i use this to set my foundation & it keeps my oily skin under control. im an nc 35 & this shade is perfect for my skin tone. i rarely have to touch-up throughout the day.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have been using this for almost 2 years now (repurchased many times) and it's wonderful...completely invisible and never looks cakey or 'powdery' on my NC35 skintone - absorbs oil and keeps me matte for a while. I use the Stila Retractible Powder Brush for this in my makeup bag and it's the perfect combo for touchups. I just wish the compact was a little cuter...I'd love a refillable one, although I get to B2M this in the end, which is always nice.

this powder is fine and it works great in oil controlling......but i'm more looking for a product with a little bit more coverage and finer texture........i don't know if it's just me...but when i touch the powder on the surface it has a very sandy feeling.....if they would mill it finer i would have been really happy.....
UPDATE: went back to it coz it's the cheapest oil controlling powder out there that actually works......i feel so stupid looking for better texture and more expensive powder that does nothing for my skin.........but instead of medium/dark..........i got medium and it does brighten up my skin and even out my skin tone a bit..........it becomes something that i can't live without.........

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm NC35 and I find that med-dark is too light and dark is too dark. The simplest solution would be to buy both in loose powders and mix them together but I prefer pressed powders, so I just buy med-dark and apply it underneath my foundation (chanel mat lumiere). dark by itself actually makes me look too tanned. my skin is REALLY oily so I don't expect miracles; but so far, this is the best powder at controlling oiliness. for work, i just wear this powder alone, and i can see dots of oil on my pores by noon, but at least its not an oil slick. I use the puff that comes with the compact but i recommend that you change it whenever you see dark spots because it will start to smell really bad once contaminated with sebum.
[update March 2009] I've probably repurchased this powder a billion times now. MAC has discontinued their loose powder version, so I just buy the compact and grind up the powder using a metal fork and put it into a plastic container with sifter and apply with a big fluffly powder brush!!! I might consider mixing this with mineral makeup for an easy one-step application.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I use this powder UNDER my powder foundation (StudioFix, NC30). I brush it on with a kabuki brush, then apply my foundation. I find that the combination keeps me shine-free until lunch time. I have pretty shiney skin, so I dont expect miracles - but this product works better than others I have tried and does not irritate, dry out, or break out my skin. I wouldnt wear just this, as there isn't much pigment or coverage to it. The color is also slighly pale-pinky which doesnt match my skin, but under powder foundation, it just soaks up oil & does its job.

I can't find anything that beats this powder. I don't wear foundation, so I usually just use this over my clean moisturized face in the morning to absorb the shine. I can apply powder blush over it and it works out great and if I apply concealor this sets it nicely. I've used Clinique's Matte pressed powder, BB oil free face powder, Laura Mercier's foundation powder, Stila's foundation powder as well as Mac's studio fix foundation powder and this is the only one that doesn't irritate my skin or break me out. Plus it feels light enough to blot during the day without adding heavy powder on top of my skin. Love it!

I love this stuff! Total HG material here! I only have to apply about 2-3 times a day & I stay matte (not TOO matte). I love it! I recommend people getting medium even if they are pretty light cause all the shades are very light in color.

Recommended for Normal Skin