August 23, 2014 | 1268 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear (old formula)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2013 5:34:00 PM More reviews by semstar

i just bought this foundation a few days ago and you what I LOVE IT . i got in the fresco 2N2 . i am pale this was the second lightest shade i think and gave me a little colour but still matching my jawline and making me look natural.The Coverage is amazing . Litreally covers all blemishes including redness.
If you want a flawless look go for it this is the one. i do wish it had a pump as the product is hard to get out.
Also i don't think i would recommend this one for people with a lot of visible pores , because it does draw attention to the appearance of it as i've seen .
The smell is a little strong though nothing you cant deal with .
overall good product , id deffs buy it again !

rated 1 of 5 on 2/12/2013 6:28:00 AM More reviews by liseyloo

I'm not easily impressed by foundations. Here's why:

1. I'm SUPER pale;
2. I hate touching up throughout the day; and
3. My t-zone gets greasy after about an hour.

Double Wear somehow combats all of these issues.

I do not have to touch up once in my eight-and-a-half-hour working day. I repeat: ZERO touch-ups. That is the most unbelievable thing for me! My skin stays matte forever!

I can't tell you guys how happy I am to have found Double Wear. I was always hesitant to try it because I thought it'd be way too heavy; fortunately it is easily blended out with my Real Techniques Buffing Brush.

I encourage you to give this a go, I believe the trick to getting it right is being light-handed. My shade is Cool Bone 1C1, for reference. An alternative to Double Wear which I also love is Stila Stay All Day Foundation (comes with its own concealer, too).

EDIT: SO devastated - EL have recently changed their formulation of this product and it is now WAY too yellow for me. SIGH. Sometimes things can be too good to be true (for long).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2013 7:56:00 PM More reviews by Anna12345

I purchased this product (with SPF 10) because I was looking for a semi-matte foundation for my combination skin. I was using Clinique's Anti-blemish Foundation in Fresh Ivory which I have loved using for a long time but I recently felt that it is too matte and ashy looking on me, so I wanted to try a new foundation. I had read great reviews on this product, so I purchased shade 2N1 (Desert Beige) for my fair-to-medium, NC20 complexion. Originally, I was going to get Pure Beige but I was advised against this by a makeup artist because it is similar but slightly pinker than Desert Beige, and I avoid pink foundations because they have a tendency to look ashy/ruddy on me.

Desert Beige is the perfect shade for me: it is neither too neutral nor warm. There is enough warmth (yellow) to cover redness without making me look orange/brown. The colour doesn't change at all with wear. Another great thing about this product is that my T-zone doesn't look oily at the end of the day, and there is not a lot of change in how it looks from when you first apply it in the morning to when you remove it at night.

The finish is medium to full but doesn't look caked on. When first applied, it looks dewy but dries to a semi-matte finish. I think the coverage is excellent and especially suited to people with redness, acne, scarring, etc. It would also suit mature complexions because it doesn't sit in wrinkles and pores.

There are a couple of downsides. One is that it doesn't come with a pump, so pouring the product on to my hand can feel unhygienic and messy. However, I've read that a MAC foundation pump fits on this bottle, so I will probably try this.

The other downside is that it is difficult to remove. I've tried cleansing with exfoliants and products containing AHAs but even after washing my face thoroughly, a thin film of product remains on my face. I haven't worked out how to remove it comletely.

Overall, I think this is an excellent product. I love how it provides excellent colour and coverage without making me look unnatural. I will probably purchase this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2013 3:36:00 AM More reviews by iepiep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

After reading so much bad reviews about the new reformulated Estée Lauder double wear with no SPF in it. I faster set off to my departmental store and is glad that they are still selling the old formulation in my country. I faster purchase a backup, just in case they change everything to the new formulation.

I love the double wear foundation as I have super oily face. Even if my face is oily, it's still look polished wearing it.. This is what I like about the double wear. I hope they will change back to the old formulation since the new formulation has so many negative feedbacks.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/10/2013 1:17:00 AM More reviews by ToniTiger

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Loved the old formula with SPF, not a fan of the new stuff doesnt wear nearly as long and colors changed too if it ain't broke don't fix it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2013 1:29:00 PM More reviews by buttons723

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have this foundation in the new, non-spf, formula. I have never used the old formula, but I love how this goes on my skin and it's easy to apply with a synthetic brush (fav. is sigma F80). I use the color 2N1 on my NC 25-30 skin tone. Excellent coverage and staying power, and it doesn't oxidize on my oily skin. I hate the fact it doesn't have a pump, but I put a mac foundation pump on it and it works perfect. Highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2013 4:47:00 AM More reviews by DollymixMe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

One of my favourite foundations! I have gone through a lot of shades to get my perfect match as there's so many.. Some too pink some too yellow but finally 1n2 seems to be the one! This foundation has to be the best for coverage and staying power it just doesn't come off!! I love it! The only negatives I have for this foundation is the packaging a little pump would go well, the next one is the fact that it doesn't look great on photos due to the SPF in it, this is the main reason I won't use it on brides :( shame as its so long lasting. I do love this product though it'll always be a classic in my collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2013 3:03:00 AM More reviews by Umstael

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Amazing full cover foundation that covers a multitude of sins (acne scarring pigmentation issues). I am a strange colour (fair but very yellow toned) and this is a perfect match. It lasts all day and stays looking lovely, doesn't excentuate my dry flaky patches at all. LOVE THIS

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2013 9:33:00 AM More reviews by tinalrichard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have dry skin and love this foundation. I moisturize very well before I use it but since I've gotten it I've worn the heck out of it. It has great coverage, sets very quickly and stays looking fabulous all day. I also bought the concealer and it dries super fast.. I still love my Eve Pearl better than the Double Wear concealer but I imagine for the summer months the DW will serve me well.... Never tried the old formulation, still impressed with this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 6:57:00 PM More reviews by itsarock

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love double wear (even after their recent reformulation)! It's one of the very best stay in place foundations for combination-oily skin. It doesn't streak or run once it's been applied and the color range is amazing! I feel that for my pink undertone skin, the natural really evens me out. It creates a flawless finish without being over done or unnatural. The foundation doesn't change colors in the sun and it does contain a very light spf. I love that you can wear this foundation all day long and it really does stay! It wont rub off on to your clothing once you've allowed it to dry and if you touch your face you won't come away with a makeup-y feeling on your hands.

The only downside to this foundation is do not take photos with it! The flash does horrors to this foundation and completely whites you out!