October 2, 2014 | 1806 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear [old formula - REFORMULATED]

REFORUMULATED 2012 Please see http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=159975/Double-Wear-Stay-in-place-Makeup/Estee-Lauder/Liquid for the current formulation of this product

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2012 2:44:00 PM More reviews by Bunny111

This is my favourite foundation of all time, the only reasons i haven't given it 5 lippies is because 1. It has no pump and thats really annoying, especially when you're getting to the bottom of the (very dinky) bottle and 2. It is now £30.00 in the U.K. which, although it lasts for about 3/4 months seems bloody extortionate to me.

Anyway, reasons why i love this.I have a very pale, pallid uneven skin tone, (i got colour matched by the S.A. and i wear Ecru) and when i wear this it evens everything out completley and i look like i have the face of a china doll (actual quote from the mother there.. impressive). It covers everything, shadows under eyes, spots, dark patches. LOVE IT.

If you like a lighter look it's probably not for you, although in all of my photos i wear it and i don't think i look TOO made up!! The only time i didn't use it as my first choice was when i was on holiday in the states as i found it far, far too heavy for the florida sun.
    No matter how expensive this gets i think i'll keep buying it, it just makes my skin look so flawless. I adore it!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/8/2012 6:55:00 AM More reviews by 4Bella

Poor packaging with no pump or tube. Medium to full coverage. Face looks greasy within I hour. Clogs pores.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2012 6:05:00 AM More reviews by maryberry94

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After using many different high end and drugstore brand foundations I have come to the conclusion that this is the BEST liquid foundation ever! I have oily skin with a lot of scarring from acne and i also have large pores as well as random imperfections and when i put this foundation on my skin looks flawless. Great thing about this foundation is you can wear a thin layer for a natural look and for full coverage just blend 2 pumps and your good to go! It has a semi-matte finish which is great for my oily skin, just wish it was a bit more matte but nothing a bit of MAC blot powder can't fix! =) P.S This is one of very few foundations that has not broke me out!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2012 7:02:00 PM More reviews by EnchantedOne

I have used mineral foundation for years and didn't like the way it looked. I purchased this during the summer and love it! It looks so natural..it doesn't sit in lines or pores.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2012 4:31:00 PM More reviews by irishgrant

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm very disappointed with DW. It does cover well, but for me, its assets end there. As others have written, the bottle should have a pump or it should be in a tube. It oxidized just enough to change to an unnatural and flat, harsh color despite looking okay after application. I did not like the way it felt on my skin; heavy, as if making its presence known. It settled into minor creases and accentuated them. After 3-4 days of repeated use, my skin looked older and less supple, even after removing it. The worst part for me is that I purchased this to look great throughout a day of being photographed at a special outdoor event. Instead it gave me a harsh appearance in the photos. Being stubborn, I stopped using it, waited a couple months, and tried again. Ditto to all the above. I will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2012 3:04:00 PM More reviews by kptgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this makeup! They could easily name it the "Official Makeup for Menopause", because no matter how much I sweat, the makeup stays on all day.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2012 9:38:00 AM More reviews by butterscotchsunday

I have a hard time finding foundations in the right colour as I am very fair with slightly pink undertones and most of the lighter shades available in my country are more towards the yellow undertones. Finding this was a revelation. I have the 1C1 Shell shade and it is a perfect match.

I love the coverage and that I hardly have to powder my nose (which gets a bit oily sometimes) at all. If I put this on before work around 9-10 it still looks fresh when I get home at night.

ETA: I got tired of the cakeyness of this and in the long run, the formula did not work for me as I've decided I prefer more glowy, natural looking finishes. It also dried out my skin a bit. The colour match is still pretty good, but the ghost face effect (appearing flat & white due to the SPF-ingredients) is not worth it.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2012 9:06:00 AM More reviews by jdeb1968

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've tried this foundation numerous times and I always feel the same each time - yuck!! Upon initial application - the color looks great - skin looks flawless. (Make sure that you moisturize on dry spots because it will accentuate them as this is a heavy foundation.) Mid way thru the day - I can feel it sliding off of my face. By the end of the day - it just looks like a greasy, thick mess. I am NC20 and used Linen in the old shade and Sand in the new shade. By the way - EL redid the colors - but still no pump. (Another negative about this foundation.)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2012 11:46:00 AM More reviews by kmd521

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think I found my HG foundation. I LOVE this stuff. The coverage is amazing. I usually have to apply alot of concealer but not with the ELDW! Im mac nc15 and wear Ecru in DW. I apply it with my Sonia Kashuk flat top brush. Wish they would include a pump but a MAC pump fits just fine.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/3/2012 9:31:00 AM More reviews by Jackiiev

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

after using bare minerals for the past 10yrs...it was time for me to change to a liquid foundation. I heard good reviews on the estee lauder double wear foundation...it last long...good coverage...and yes...that is true. It covers up my blemishes really well that i don't even need to use a concealer after.
    BUT...
    i have very dry skin and if i don't moisturize really well it brings out the flakes on my face. and even after moisturizing well it still makes my face look dry. I think though this is good to use during summer time so i'll try it then.
    Now...
    it has not broken my skin yet. I've been using it for about 2 weeks.