Estee Lauder Double Wear [old formula - REFORMULATED]

New as of :)12/2012:Ingredients: water/aqua/eau, cyclopentasiloxane, trimethylsiloxysilicate, peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone, butylene glycol, tribehnin, polyglyceryl-3 diisostearate, magnesium sulfate, tocopheryl acetate, polymethylsilsequioxane, methicone, laureth-7, xantham gum, alumina, sodium dehydroacetate, disteardimonium hectorite, cellulose gum, propylene carbonate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, phenoxyethanol, [+/- iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI77499), mica, titanium dioxide (CI 77891)] Original: ACTIVE INGREDIENT: TITANIUM DIOXIDE 1.00% INGREDIENTS: WATER (AQUA PURIFICATA) PURIFIED, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE,TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, TRIBEHENIN, PEG/PPG-20/20 DIMETHICONE, SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, POLYMETHYLSILSESQUIOXANE, METHICONE, LAURETH-7, XANTHAN GUM, ALUMINA, BHT, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, IMIDAZOLIDINYL UREA, CHLOROXYLENOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, [ /-(MAY CONTAIN)IRON OXIDES(CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), MICA, TITANI DIOXIDE (CI 77891)]

on 10/22/2012 11:46:00 PM

This a full coverage, long wearing make up. I have oily skin, so I use this with a loose base powder, a must! Goes on nicely with a make up brush,and comes in several colors.

on 10/18/2012 6:01:00 AM

Love it! It covers so well. Any skin problem it will hide it immediately. Best foundation ever.

on 10/16/2012 2:45:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Finally! This is really The Foundation! It provides excellent coverage without looking cakey at all, shades are great (I am a perfect match to 3W1 Tawny, being a Mac NW25/30 and Intensity 3.0 in the DW Light), very easy to work with a brush, no need to set it (but if I manage to get a sample of the EL Lucidity Translucent Loose Powder I'll try it with that and update this review), no breakouts and lasting 12 hours.
I went to buy the DW Light and the lady suggested I tried this one too and gave me a sample. Now I half regret having bought the DW Light as this provides a far better coverage. Anyway, will be my next buy after the light version is finished!

on 10/14/2012 1:49:00 PM

Best foundation i have tried!! i love it! Coverage is excellent. Doesnt feel heavy at all. leaves skin flawless with a natural finish. Absolutely worth the money its around 35 dollars.
UPDATE: Something changed about this foundation, it now gets greasy on me by the end of the day. bottle doesnt say it has spf anymore.Have been really disappointed with this foundation as it doesnt leave the same results as it once used to. Also, the color Sand Beige has too much yellow in it.. Defenitely , wont purchase this again:/

on 10/12/2012 7:19:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Why I keep returning to this product:
- it is *almost* transfer resistant
- lasting power is excellent
- does not feel heavy
- coverage is even, no blotchiness, no redness

If those three qualities are what is most important for you in a foundation, then you will not get a better match.

If you want something dewy, illuminating, or sheer, this is not it.

Common complaints:
- difficult to remove, thus leading to clogged pores and breakouts. It removes easily with an oil cleanser, then some toner.
- it oxidises. I agree that it used to, however this year I haven't noticed any oxidisation.
- ghost face when used with night time flash photography. Again, I agree that it definitely used to do this, but in the last two years it has photographed beautifully. If in doubt, bronze up!
- crappy/weird shades that do not match properly. Hooray for the new shades, maybe they are getting closer to correcting this.

on 10/10/2012 6:39:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

RUBBISH!!!! Does not control my oily skin at all, dries in FAR TOO QUICK and after about an hour my face looks as if i've dipped it in a chip pan. I also didn't like how the so called "expert" in House Of Fraser recommended the shade Fresco for me which ended up being far too dark for my pale skin. Her being an Estee Lauder advisor, I tought she'd know what she was talking about, so I took her advice and purchased it. It'll be the last time I ever take anyone's advice on my make up! All in all, a terrible foundation with an unjustifiable price tag. £27!!! Shocking. Not worth it at all. I wouldn't use this if they were giving it away for free lol.

on 10/8/2012 2:44:00 PM

This is my favourite foundation of all time, the only reasons i haven't given it 5 lippies is because 1. It has no pump and thats really annoying, especially when you're getting to the bottom of the (very dinky) bottle and 2. It is now £30.00 in the U.K. which, although it lasts for about 3/4 months seems bloody extortionate to me.

Anyway, reasons why i love this.I have a very pale, pallid uneven skin tone, (i got colour matched by the S.A. and i wear Ecru) and when i wear this it evens everything out completley and i look like i have the face of a china doll (actual quote from the mother there.. impressive). It covers everything, shadows under eyes, spots, dark patches. LOVE IT.

If you like a lighter look it's probably not for you, although in all of my photos i wear it and i don't think i look TOO made up!! The only time i didn't use it as my first choice was when i was on holiday in the states as i found it far, far too heavy for the florida sun.
No matter how expensive this gets i think i'll keep buying it, it just makes my skin look so flawless. I adore it!

on 10/8/2012 6:55:00 AM

Poor packaging with no pump or tube. Medium to full coverage. Face looks greasy within I hour. Clogs pores.

on 10/8/2012 6:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

After using many different high end and drugstore brand foundations I have come to the conclusion that this is the BEST liquid foundation ever! I have oily skin with a lot of scarring from acne and i also have large pores as well as random imperfections and when i put this foundation on my skin looks flawless. Great thing about this foundation is you can wear a thin layer for a natural look and for full coverage just blend 2 pumps and your good to go! It has a semi-matte finish which is great for my oily skin, just wish it was a bit more matte but nothing a bit of MAC blot powder can't fix! =) P.S This is one of very few foundations that has not broke me out!

on 10/7/2012 7:02:00 PM

I have used mineral foundation for years and didn't like the way it looked. I purchased this during the summer and love it! It looks so natural..it doesn't sit in lines or pores.

Video Reviews & Tutorials