October 26, 2014 | 1581 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Clear Pore Cleanser Mask

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2011 12:38:00 AM More reviews by snows

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one face wash that I will certainly be buying again. It foams up really nicely and has a very clean scent that's not overpowering at all. I use it morning and night, and it makes my skin feel clean and refreshed. I also use it as a mask as suggested, twice a week for 5 minutes, and my skin feels soft afterwards. It's good if you're looking for a 2-in-1 product (cleanser and mask). I have seen improvement in helping with my breakouts, so I definitely recommend it.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/8/2011 1:08:00 AM More reviews by iBoss

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Well, this cleanser is alright. It definitely cleans my face. However, the price is too much just for a little bottle (yes, it is abnormally small and I paid 8 dollars for it). If it pulled out miracles I wouldn't bother paying 8 dollars for it... though I've haven't seen my acne disappear at all. Maybe my acne is just stubborn, however I still figured this product would get the job done. Guess I'm still searching for a good product...

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2011 3:21:00 AM More reviews by vintagepeople

it works well at keeping oil at bay, but i literally feel this burning my skin whether i use it as a mask or a cleanser. my face gets itchy when i wash it off and it feels irritated for a while afterward. i really wanted to like this because it's cheap and actually does what it says it'll do, but i think my skin is just too sensitive for it. :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2011 3:04:00 PM More reviews by Jmberry

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am so impressed with this product! My skin is generally pretty clear except for an occasional breakout but I recently went through a bad patch. I don't normally use benzoyl peroxide but I had seen raves for this product on MUA and thought I would give it a shot. I used it for several days, every other day as a mask. Then I started using it as my morning cleanser. My skin has cleared noticeably a little each day. Used either way it feels nice and cool and I haven't any problems with it being too drying, although I am quite oily. I am totally pleased and have nothing bad to say about this product. My husband likes it as well. I would definitely repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2011 9:45:00 AM More reviews by renyun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this as a mask to control the my oily, acne-prone t-zone. However, the mask seems to harsh for my skin and left my skin looking red. I do not recommend those with sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2011 6:20:00 PM More reviews by slivola

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use the CVS generic version of this product, but it's the same ingredients (just cheaper and easier for me to find.) I am turning 40 and have developed acne flare ups that are so much worse than when I was a teenager! This product really works and I love the cooling effect it has. I use it as a mask 2-3 times/ week and as a cleanser every evening (I use Aveeno clear complexion creamy cleanser (not the foam) in the morning. I like to vary the acne products so I don't build up immunity to them.) Warning for using it as a mask: you can only apply a VERY thin layer of it to your face as the directions state. I once tried applying extra as a spot treatment to a pimple and it burned my skin and turned it red. I learned my lesson- directions are there for a reason, LOL!

If you have acne prone skin, use this cleanser and then follow with a 2.5% benzoyl peroxide cream and then you have to follow that with a light moisturizer and/or SPF or else all the BP will be too irritating and drying for your skin. That's my routine in the evening. In the mornings, I use neutrogena's anti blemish anti wrinkle cream after cleansing with the aveeno clear complexion cream cleanser and before my moisturizer (aveeno sensitive skin spf 15). In the evening I use this These routines have noticeably helped clear my skin up.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2011 4:59:00 PM More reviews by macismycrack627

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was realllly hoping that I would love this after reading the reviews. Unfortunately it just aggravated my acne and made me break out even worse.

The pluses about this was that it wasn't overly drying for my skin and it did get rid of some of my blackheads and make my pores look smaller when used as a mask.

Unfortunately, just as I expected my skin hates it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2010 12:52:00 AM More reviews by leeeeey

My sister travelled to US and brought this to me, i just love it !! It definitly cleared my pore, and helped me to prevent acne..but unfortunately, i could not find it in Canada.. Is it because they don't carry this product in canada? I really wanna get one..seems I have to go to US for this..Sigh..

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2010 6:04:00 PM More reviews by Stinaa

OMG. Hello, my new favorite cleanser. I bought this product on a whim not expecting much at all. The results were surprisingly amazing! The next day I couldn't help but notice how soft and clear my face had turned out! I have really oily skin and this really tightens up my pores. It really toned down the amount of oil production on my face. I also looove the tingling effect it gives. I seriously cannot stop touching my face, it feels amazing, although I should stop since touching my face is not a very good idea!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2010 7:18:00 PM More reviews by addercat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I guess I'm in the minority here, but I used this as a mask, left it on for five minutes, and my skin is RED and BLOTCHY. Will not be giving this a second try. I don't have super sensitive skin at all, so I'm not sure what made me react this way... as I write this 80% recommend it so maybe give it a try but with caution? Hope you have better luck than I had!