November 27, 2014 | 1487 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Beauty Bar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2012 7:07:00 PM More reviews by stls

It's my second favorite bar soap (after dove cream oil bar) and after several years of buying this and other bar soaps too that seduced me with their fancy fruity smells I have to say it's top quality. Can't really add much, it feels so creamy and moisturizing, love it!
I sometimes use it as a gentle brush cleanser and works really well too!
Haven't used it as a face wash though.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2012 1:14:00 AM More reviews by julesy1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I switched to this soap a few years ago after realizing that my fiance and I have dry, sensitive skin and scented soaps were irritating my fiance's skin. I always buy unscented and it continues to deliver - doesn't irritate or dry out our skin. I buy it in bulk from Costco when it goes on sale and it lasts a while.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2012 12:59:00 AM More reviews by annabanana5000

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been using this as long as I've been alive (16 years.) My parents buy it, and our whole family uses it. A while ago, I decided that I was going to buy my own more expensive, frilly bath washes. This might have been the worst decision ever. Turns out I have EXTREMELY sensitive skin, I just never knew it because of how gentle Dove was. My parents once accidentally bought normal soap. Horrible, horrible stuff. My skin got that dragging feeling, and became very dry. I will never use anything but dove :) Oh, and the unscented is better than anything else.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2012 6:21:00 PM More reviews by linet182

Absolutely love this product. It comes in many scents so it depends on the person whether you like a heavier scent or unscented. I have been using this product since I was little. I have sensitive skin it's very gentle. I recommend this to everyone.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2012 10:30:00 PM More reviews by tat2dfaerie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I hate to be the minority here, but this just didn't work with my skin. The fragrance was great but strong, and after I soaped up and rinsed I just couldn't feel clean. It also clogged up my razor quite a bit. Back to Ivory.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2012 8:20:00 AM More reviews by anqa071599

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I love the feeling it gives me after each use. I've only one bar, but after that I found my skin softer and my pimples a bit less than it was before.

I'd really recommend this. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2012 10:12:00 PM More reviews by DieMyDarling

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have undying love for the white dove beauty bar...this multi-tasking, money saving, wonder of a product beats all other cleansing products, as far as I'm concerned.
I love the scent of the regular white bar, and use it for my face, body, and feminine areas with no irritation, good leftovers-from-makeup-remover removal, and not the typical tight, squeaky feeling regular body and face cleansers usually leave me with. Some body washes feel like they aren't drying me out, but I find my skin itching and drying days later...not so with Dove!
If you read any of my reviews I'm always saying I have had to REALLY cut back on my beauty budget/routine so this beauty bar has been a lifesaver. Amazing for shaving, too! Super close, smooth shave...no nicks or tight skin after!
It's not as cheap as some soaps, but I couldn't use those on my face or delicate areas! So the slightly higher price is definitely worth it. Two bars of this are a quarter of the price of the cheapest face wash I used to use and works just as well. I make sure to keep my bar dry and out of direct contact with the shower spray with a good ventilated soap holder like another suggested...it lasts for a very long time.
The lather is good and rich, and cleanses really well IMO. I always smell great!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2012 1:05:00 PM More reviews by ibuytoomuchmakeup

This is a review for the Dove beauty bar Sensitive skin.

Best cleanser I've used so far. Been using it for 3 years now and I'm not the type to be loyal to one product.
I haven had a breakout for 3 years as well. Only the rare pimple during finals or so.
Very inexpensive compared to other cleansers.

I also like that it's fragrance free, I like my perfumes to not be contaminated.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2012 11:30:00 AM More reviews by msmarielliejellie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I've been using this since I was probably a baby--everyone in my family uses this. It really is different from your normal bar of soap because it's very, very moisturizing. Sometimes I can even skip putting my lotion after this. It's also very mild that when I run out of my facial wash, I use this to wash my face and it's feels very soft and supple afterwards. And time and time again, I always go back to this soap whenever I get allergic to a bath gel or wash I'm currently using, or if I want something that'll really moisturize my skin. Love this product and will continue to use it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2012 11:17:00 AM More reviews by italiana800

I've been using Dove beauty bars for as long as I can remember. This is the perfect soap to wash your face & body with. This is gentle on skin (especially sensitive) & doesn't leave any residue. I love this & I would never trust anything else on my skin. This is really cheap too & the soap bars last me a long time. People always ask me what products I use on my skin because my skin always looks great, & all I say is Dove & they're shocked. Who ever thought something so cheap & simple that you can get at any drugstore, would be so amazing? That just shows you not to be too quick to judge. I will buy these forever.