Rimmel Gentle Eye Make Up Remover

3.6

Water (aqua), Poloxamer 184, Sodium PCA, Disodium Cocomphodiacetate, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Tetrasodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Panthenol

on 5/13/2009 12:46:00 PM

This product claims that it removes waterproof makeup, but it really doesn't. So if you're wearing waterproof mascara, don't expect to take it off using this.
However, for everything else, it works great. Get some one a cotton ball, apply it to your eye, hold it there until it soaks into your makeup, and then gently wipe.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I picked this up on a whim after running out of my regular Avon. This product does remove my makeup, but takes a little more work & scrubbing with a cottonball. Having only Avon to compare it to, I have to say I vastly prefer their cream based remover to a liquid. This one stings a bit, and I can't just dab some on my finger and spread it around to loosen the makeup. The bottle does seal well and I've never had any spillage problems.

It does its job & with a reasonable price tag, but it just doesn't do it good enough.

on 4/23/2009 8:01:00 PM

I tried this about 4 years ago, it did NOTHING.

I threw it away. That pretty much says it all.

on 4/22/2009 12:29:00 AM

I bought this eye makeup remover because it says "removes waterproof mascara" on the bottle. That's not true!!! I tried a few times using different waterproof mascaras (CG lash exact/ Missha/ Kiss me etc.), it's just not strong enough. I'm so disappointed with this product and I won't be buying this again.

on 4/12/2009 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

This was the worst so called makeup remover I have bought to date. I didn't remove anything, just smeared me eyemakeup around and it stung so bad, like nothing you'll ever want to experience. Please pass on this no matter how chepa the price...you get what you pay for. I do like the bottle, but that's it. Pass..and I will never buy this again. Doesn't remove makeup and burns like hell.

on 4/12/2009 2:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It was an ok product.
It erased my make up and all, but I just have like a bad feeling about the rimmel brand. They do like animal testing!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've tried every remover at every pricepoint and had reactions to all. With no positive expectations for this product, I tried it and LOVED it. HG remover. No residue, no reactions. Excellent price!!

on 4/11/2009 8:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I bought this product for about $4 at shoppers drug mart and the S.A said it was a good product because I initially had the neutrogena eye makeup remover in my hand but she persuaded me to buy this Rimmel one. BIG MISTAKE! This product really dried out my eye area and this also happen to my mom! This is very cheap but this was horrible because I have dry spots around my eye area and my concealer looks so gross! I tried moisturizing the area and I put a lot but I just need to find a good toner that's safe enough for that area to get rid of the dry spots! AH!

This is great if you ONLY have light eyeshadow on your eyes. I use this when I'm only wearing light day eye makeup (brown eyeshadow, light mascara, no eyeliner), because it doesn't take off heavy mascara or loosen fake lashes very well. It also doesn't work too well if you're wearing clubbing eye makeup with heavy lower eyelid eyeliner, because it'll smudge the eyeliner, which will refuse to budge even with three more swipes. I now mostly keep this on my vanity to fix up mistakes with my eye shadow, which works great to that purpose.

Bottom line, good for LIGHT LIGHT makeup, not so good if you are a heavy eyeshadow + liner + mascara + falsies wearer. 4 lippies for dirt cheapness ($3.99 CAD), water based solution, and unstingingness.

on 4/3/2009 1:02:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this product! it's gentle to the skin and easily removes all eye make up. it does not leave my skin feeling oily afterwards and doesn't sting my eyes like the lancome one. i would definitely buy this again (: