Avon Glimmersticks eye liner

3.9

on 8/2/2008 8:25:00 PM

This eyeliner smudges quite a lot so it's not good for precision lining but it is great for doing a smudgey/smokey eye. The staying power is fine and the pigment is good-not bad for an eyeliner you can usually get for NZ$4.

Breaks. Smudges. However, I have no complaints about pigment. Pigment is just fine. I have gone through too many of these eyeliners, politely trying to give them a chance.

The first one broke when I was applying it to my bf (don't ask :D) and the second I unwrapped and turned the turn-y bit only to find that the product refused to leave it's dark pencil-tube home. Okay, so I have finally had enough. I still have one in Fiery Black though, so I hope it doesn't meet a tragic end also.

on 7/21/2008 8:43:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have the blackest black, soft black, brown, emerald, and plum colours. I love glimmersticks mainly because I don't have to sharpen them. Everytime I sharpen other eyeliners, I lose so much of it. These eye liners are great because they don't smudge either!

on 7/6/2008 3:28:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

I'd heard so many friends rave about this, so I got two on sale, cosmic brown and black. Not much money, but wasted. It migrates like crazy and is under my eyes in no time. As someone else mentioned, the "self-sharpening" aspect doesn't produce a point so I had to create that. After I threw them away, I bought a Mally Brownstone eye palette that came with a black liner and I swear, it was just like a Glimmerstick but in a prettier presentation, so I guess I'm really in the minority about this type of liner.

on 7/4/2008 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Why I won't buy this product again:
1- Smudges like no other eyeliner ever, although it does come in handy for a smoky.
2- The Blackest Black color is really black tinged with blue. I've been asked countless times if I'm wearing navy blue liner.
3- The waxy liner is easy to break if you press even a little hard.

Not recommended unless you're a beginner.

on 7/2/2008 8:24:00 PM

Rich color, easy to use. Smudges like craaazy!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I love this eyeliner! It's inexpensive, easy to use, and goes on quickly without smudging! I am not that good at applying eye liner, but the Glimmersticks make it easy! I definately will buy more of these in different shades.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

These are great and inexpensive eyeliners. I own several colors including copper craze which is a shimmery bronzy/coppery shade for the summer season. It applies very easily --- no tugging at all. Lasts a while and easy to smudge/blend.

on 5/17/2008 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love all of avon's eyeliners, glimmersticks have great pigment, they glide on smoothly but the packaging could be better possibly adding more product into it but all in all i love it, i can do a bold dramatic look or a very suble look easilly

on 5/9/2008 9:10:00 AM

This eye liner is awesome. No sharpening. Goes on well. Wears well. Washes off well. Reasonably priced. The color I always buy Cosmic Brown is great for my coloring. What else can I say except, thanks Avon.