November 27, 2014 | 1455 users online

Hair Treatments - Nexxus - Emergencee Strengthening Polymeric Reconstructor

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2006 4:10:00 PM More reviews by silvie90

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this is a one-of-a-kind miracle product for *severely damaged* hair, Here is the trick, folks: you MUST USE A MOISTERIZER AFTERWARDS. Many people on this site complain of the straw-like quality of their hair following this treatment. Here's the reason why: fixing severely damaged hair is a two-step process. 1) Repairing the integrity of the hair with protein (which Emergencee does) which makes hair strong but still leaves it dry, and 2) Infusing the hair with moisture, which you absolutely need to do after using this product. Restoring the integrity is the hardest part--which is what makes this stuff so great. There are lots of conditioners/moisterizers out there to adequately handle the second part of the equation. For less damaged hair, try Redken Deep Fuel--it is also a protein-based product (though not as heavy duty as this one and not as expensive), so you also should follow it with a moisterizer, too.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2006 6:37:00 PM More reviews by kaemarie

This product is packed full of protein & you need to used a condtioner with moisture after you use it. which is why your hair feels like straw after you rinse it out. I only use it if my hair is breaking & feels fried.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2006 11:38:00 PM More reviews by lexigal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Nexuss Emergencee=Aloxxi polymedic???

I have already reviewed this product (LOVE IT!), but wanted to share something I discovered today at my local beauty supply. I went in looking for my Nexxus EMERGENCEE and was told they were out of it and may be discontinuing it! What??? Refusing to believe this, I searched the Nexxus aisle frantically looking for my beloved hair saver, and noticed that Nexuss seems to be changing their packaging...perhaps Emergencee is now called something else???

I pick up this large bottle that says "Aloxxi polymedic" and read the ingredients. EXACTLY the same as Emergencee. I open it and it smells the same with the same egg-white consistancy. Even better, though since it costs $42.99 for 16.9 oz, as opposed to the small bottles of E that I was paying between $15-17 dollars for 3.3 oz.

Just wanted to let everyone know in case they can't find the Emergencee it may be due to a repackaging issue. Either way, check out your local beauty supply stores since this seems to be a more economical option! (I'm probably the only one who didn't know this already.) If they ever do discontinue this product I don't know what I will do : (

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2006 7:54:00 PM More reviews by lovesittxx

After seeing this was one of the best repair treatments on here, I had to buy this for my really damaged hair. I left it on for 20 minutes. When I rinsed it out, I could barely move my fingers through my hair! It was so stiff and straw like, I had to use another deep condioner after this and leave it on for another 20 minutes. Then, I tried leaving it on for only the 3 minutes it says to. Same thing happened again. I only gave it 2 because I am hoping to try this again with heat, and maybe it will work then...UPDATE Well, I pretty much give up on this. I tried it with heat under a shower cap for 20 minutes, rinsed it out, then put Frederic Fekkai Shea Butter Mask on for 20 minutes, and it felt really good at first. But my hair was still falling out a ton. =[ Oh, and I just left this in overnight. (Yeah, I'm still trying!) And my hair was still falling out and dry feeling. Oh well...

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2006 10:44:00 AM More reviews by yve1919

This is pretty decent. It makes your hair more shiny and sleek... but I've found it only lasts through the next wash. I have long, baby-fine curlyish hair... and I have only used this before I straighten it (with a flat iron). It definitely makes a difference so I'll keep on using it.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/14/2006 2:12:00 PM More reviews by Pooj719

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I colored my hair w/ l'oreal color gems (blue-black... very dramatic), and was worried about the possible damage the dye may have done to my hair... So I went to Walgreens, and spent 15.99 on this stuff. Based on the reviews here, I knew a few things:
1. This is a miracle treatment for damaged hair
2. The more damaged the hair, the better it works,
and
3. You need to leave this stuff on for at least 20 minutes under a shower cap, for the effect to take place.

So knowing all of this, I used Emergencee, and excitedly awaited the outcome. This made my hair feel like straw! It didn't even feel like hair after I used it. Even after 20 minutes... jeez, I feel duped.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2006 11:48:00 PM More reviews by ann1018

I have searched long and hard for this product - I just tried it tonight and I am in love! I have tried everything (almost!) on my color treated, curling iron/flat iron/hair dryer fried hair, and this works well. It is easy to use and works quickly. Absolutely amazing!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2006 9:26:00 AM More reviews by Jade716

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I didn't think I was going to like this but it really helped my hair. I wish it was a bigger bottle for the price, because my hair is so dry I have to use alot to cover it, but other then that I love it. Would recommend.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2006 7:18:00 PM More reviews by tinkerbella686

Absolutely amazing. I had my hair relaxed and colored...it was dead needless to say. The bottom part was burnt red and just awful looking. I went and bought this and it saved my hair. It's the best treatment I've ever used. I use this in the sauna after I use the steam room and rinse but if I'm short on time I just use it the normal way in the shower. It took my hair from cheap tramp to lovely and healthy. The little bottle lasts a long time too.
UPDATE:
There are SO many other products that are better for my hair. I kinda figured out that my hair needs lots of moisture and protein. The absolute best thing I've done for my hair is mix an egg in a small bowl with olive oil, leave it in for 30 min to 1 hour and voila very soft soft. silicon mix and hair mayonnaise are great too.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2006 1:11:00 PM More reviews by B_Phlyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the best reconstructor treatment I've tried. Not to light, but not too heavy. It smells good too. I use it with heat. For my chemically relaxed hair, nothing is better at stopping and curbing breakage.