Nexxus Emergencee Strengthening Polymeric Reconstructor

4.5

Water (Aqua, Eau), Collagen Amino Acids, Polyacrylamidomethylpropane Sulfonic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Hydrolyzed Elastin, Gelatin, Methylparaben, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone

on 12/29/2006 8:12:00 PM

I have been using this product off and on for years. I just read some of the reviews of it and was a little confused. No where on the bottle does it say to leave it in for 3 minutes, it says for 10 and it does not indicate to wash your hair afterward (some shampoo mixed with water), it does say to put some conditioner in afterward to 'maintain the moisture balance.' Maybe I have old bottles or the formulation changed?
I have never had a problem with it using it per the instructions. I have long hair, almost down to my waist, some dryness, but not a lot of dryness. The product always helped, so am glad I have it. :) I read about it on a long hair site, which gave their own instructions on stuff. I forgot the URL for it, but its long hair club or something like that.

on 12/16/2006 4:26:00 PM

Pro:
It is saving my hair!!! I used to blow-dry my hair and while brushing it, a ton of hair would come out, and now there's less and less! My hair feels stronger, and I really feel like this product is making a big big difference!

Cons:
It is so expensive! I paid 15 dollars with tax for this product, and the bottle is so tiny! It is hard to get the product out of the bottle and get it worked through my hair. If I forget to rinse it all out it leaves my hair very sticky, even when dry. MAKE SURE YOU ALWAYS RINSE IT ALL OUT AND CONDITION AFTERWARDS.

Overall: Love this product, will buy it again.

on 12/10/2006 4:50:00 PM

Fantastic stuff, the only treatment which has really worked for my overprocessed highlighted hair. But before you rush out and buy it, note two things - it's not a conditioner, and it only repairs damaged hair, not healthy.

Here is how I use it:

first I wash my hair with a clarifying shampoo (Nexxus Aloe Rid) to allow better penetration of the treatment. I towel dry and apply the Emergencee generously, combing it through my hair with my fingers. As I work it in, it changes texture from a sort of egg white slime to a drier feel. If my hair remains tangly, I add more Emergencee, until it can be worked through easily. I pile my hair on top of my head, and leave it for the recommended ten minutes (uncovered). I rinse it out, then, as recommended on the bottle, apply a small amount of regular shampoo (Aveda Rosemary Mint) dissolved in water to my hair. I work this through very briefly then rinse it out. This step changes the hair texture from straw like to soft, so it shouldn't be left out. Then finally I apply a moisturising conditioner (Aveda Damage Remedy), then rinse this out.

Before using Emergencee, my ends were dry, frizzy and tangle prone. My hair had a strange chewing gum-like texture when wet, and took forever to dry. It improved visibly after the first treatment, and after four or five weekly uses, it is now strong, shiny, and generally healthy looking and feeling. Although this is expensive, if you have damaged hair, it is a godsend, and worth every penny. I recommend using in conjunction with Aveda Damage Remedy conditioner and treatment for best results. continued >>

on 11/25/2006 1:15:00 AM

OK...I agree with the previous poster that this product requires that you followup with a very moisturizing conditioner. And not a conditioner that includes protein in any way. Also, if you do not have damaged hair, thin hair, coloured hair or relaxed hair, you probably don't need to use this intensive of a hair treatment. It also helps to use a good clarifying shampoo before you use this or ANY protein treatment (I use Neutrogena Anti-Residue or a regular shampoo with baking soda). This helps to prepare the hair to accept and absorb the treatment properly. All that said, I LOVE this treatment. I am tempted to buy another bottle right away, but it's so expensive. I'll wait till it gets low, but I will definitely repurchase! Update: I am loving this even more. AND, don't worry about leaving it on for a certain length of time. I put this on with a grocery bag over my head (ha!) and let it sit for an hour, sometimes two! It comes out even better. I almost feel like I'm repairing my hair, but I know that's not possible! Still using this and loving it! Don't wash it out; it's money down the drain. My hair must be really damaged because I use this or some form of heavy protein weekly and it just soaks it right up! The best money I've ever spent. UPDATE: I still use this every 3 or 4 weeks like clockwork. It always makes a difference in how my hair feels. People, please remember, this is for 'damaged' hair and MUST be followed up with a heavy moisturizing conditioner for at least 20-30 mins. don't shampoo it out ---- wasting product! Not necessary. if your hair is not breaking off or mush between your hands, you don't need this. keep steppin'. UPDATE: Yep, still using this! haha. Have several bottles in stock so won't be without. If you have processed hair, you need this.

on 11/6/2006 4:10:00 PM

this is a one-of-a-kind miracle product for *severely damaged* hair, Here is the trick, folks: you MUST USE A MOISTERIZER AFTERWARDS. Many people on this site complain of the straw-like quality of their hair following this treatment. Here's the reason why: fixing severely damaged hair is a two-step process. 1) Repairing the integrity of the hair with protein (which Emergencee does) which makes hair strong but still leaves it dry, and 2) Infusing the hair with moisture, which you absolutely need to do after using this product. Restoring the integrity is the hardest part--which is what makes this stuff so great. There are lots of conditioners/moisterizers out there to adequately handle the second part of the equation. For less damaged hair, try Redken Deep Fuel--it is also a protein-based product (though not as heavy duty as this one and not as expensive), so you also should follow it with a moisterizer, too.

on 10/23/2006 6:37:00 PM

This product is packed full of protein & you need to used a condtioner with moisture after you use it. which is why your hair feels like straw after you rinse it out. I only use it if my hair is breaking & feels fried.

on 10/18/2006 11:38:00 PM

Nexuss Emergencee=Aloxxi polymedic???

I have already reviewed this product (LOVE IT!), but wanted to share something I discovered today at my local beauty supply. I went in looking for my Nexxus EMERGENCEE and was told they were out of it and may be discontinuing it! What??? Refusing to believe this, I searched the Nexxus aisle frantically looking for my beloved hair saver, and noticed that Nexuss seems to be changing their packaging...perhaps Emergencee is now called something else???

I pick up this large bottle that says "Aloxxi polymedic" and read the ingredients. EXACTLY the same as Emergencee. I open it and it smells the same with the same egg-white consistancy. Even better, though since it costs $42.99 for 16.9 oz, as opposed to the small bottles of E that I was paying between $15-17 dollars for 3.3 oz.

Just wanted to let everyone know in case they can't find the Emergencee it may be due to a repackaging issue. Either way, check out your local beauty supply stores since this seems to be a more economical option! (I'm probably the only one who didn't know this already.) If they ever do discontinue this product I don't know what I will do : (

on 10/16/2006 7:54:00 PM

After seeing this was one of the best repair treatments on here, I had to buy this for my really damaged hair. I left it on for 20 minutes. When I rinsed it out, I could barely move my fingers through my hair! It was so stiff and straw like, I had to use another deep condioner after this and leave it on for another 20 minutes. Then, I tried leaving it on for only the 3 minutes it says to. Same thing happened again. I only gave it 2 because I am hoping to try this again with heat, and maybe it will work then...UPDATE Well, I pretty much give up on this. I tried it with heat under a shower cap for 20 minutes, rinsed it out, then put Frederic Fekkai Shea Butter Mask on for 20 minutes, and it felt really good at first. But my hair was still falling out a ton. =[ Oh, and I just left this in overnight. (Yeah, I'm still trying!) And my hair was still falling out and dry feeling. Oh well...

on 10/4/2006 10:44:00 AM

This is pretty decent. It makes your hair more shiny and sleek... but I've found it only lasts through the next wash. I have long, baby-fine curlyish hair... and I have only used this before I straighten it (with a flat iron). It definitely makes a difference so I'll keep on using it.

on 9/14/2006 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I colored my hair w/ l'oreal color gems (blue-black... very dramatic), and was worried about the possible damage the dye may have done to my hair... So I went to Walgreens, and spent 15.99 on this stuff. Based on the reviews here, I knew a few things:
1. This is a miracle treatment for damaged hair
2. The more damaged the hair, the better it works,
and
3. You need to leave this stuff on for at least 20 minutes under a shower cap, for the effect to take place.

So knowing all of this, I used Emergencee, and excitedly awaited the outcome. This made my hair feel like straw! It didn't even feel like hair after I used it. Even after 20 minutes... jeez, I feel duped.

Top Rated Nexxus Products