Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream

4.3

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

***NEW FORMULA: sweet almond oil, beeswax, lemon peel oil, cocoa seed butter, candelilla wax, tocopherol, sunflower seed oil, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, beta-carotene, canola oil, vegetable oil. ***ORIGINAL FORMULA: Sweet Almond Oil, Beeswax, Lemon Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol Vitamin E, Cocoa Butter, Candelilla Wax, Rosemary Extract, Beta Carotene

on 12/10/2011 6:33:00 PM

The smell of this product is, strangely, my favourite part of the product. It smells absolutely delicious, just like lemon curd.
It feels slightly grainy, but when you rub it into your cuticles it melts in nicely. However, as far as what it does for my cuticles...I feel like it's comparable to rubbing any lip balm into them, without the benefit of being able to use this on my lips. It's not bad, but I won't repurchase.

on 12/7/2011 2:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

This is a cute product which smells zesty, fresh and sweet. I rub it into my nails at work, when I don't have nail polish on, but at home I use a mixture of grapeseed, rosehip seed and jojoba oils. I presume it works, but I don't pay a great deal of attention to my cuticles - I just enjoy the ritual. I do feel my nails need an oil/balm so parched can they be through varnish and remover, so I'll keep using it as it's easy to get hold of - however, I could stray.

I have been a nail biter ever since I was little. I recently stopped, but my nails and cuticles are always so dry! I've been looking for a product that will make my cuticles soft and healthy looking. I love the Burt's Bees brand so when I saw they had this, I knew I had to try it. I am so glad I found it!! It's amazing!!

I have used this for 2 days now and my nails have NEVER been this moisturizers an healthy looking. It instantly makes your nails look and feel better. I would imagine over time they are going to look even better!

The price was reasonable, especially since it is a great product. I don't mind spending the money on it. The smell is also wonderful. It smells like fresh cut lemon, which I love.

Overall great product. I definitely recommend it if you are on the fence about buying it.

on 12/2/2011 11:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I purchased this because the ladies on the Nail Boards reccommended it. I swear they always have the BEST advise =))) After years of neglected cuticles this product has managed to bring them back to life after only a week ! This stuff works wonders I got my mom some and she is raving about it as well. The only downside (@ least for me) is that it smells like Lemon Pledge but @ least it doesn't totally sink. I will repurchase when this tin is gone.

If you have a problem with extremely dry or peeling nail beds and want a very specific product for that one little area, then you would love this product. I actually found it rather useless. It's such a tiny tin that even though you could use it to moisturize your hands or other dry spots like elbows, it would go very quickly. With that said, it smelled wonderful and does moistuize the skin, so it's not a terrible product. Unless you are very much into products like this that are specifically designed for the nails, this is probably not necessary for you to have. But it does that job well, and I love Burt's Bees products as a hole, I just didn't have a need for this one. P.S. The tin is really cute! :)

on 11/22/2011 2:24:00 PM

This product was disapointing compared to the other burts bee's products. Your cuticles become dependent on this and you have to use it quite a few times to see any results, the smell is great but overall this was a greasy let down.

on 11/22/2011 1:48:00 PM

I actually had this sitting around for a long time because I don't have much of a need for "cuticle butter." One day my hands were really dry and about to crack but I didn't have any hand cream. I slathered this over my hands instead, and to my surprise it left them velvety soft - moisturized but not greasy. Since then I've used this as a tiny, purse-friendly alternative to my bulkier hand creams. It also has a very refreshing lemon-y scent that doesn't at all remind me of cleaning products. Love!

on 11/19/2011 9:02:00 PM

This is pretty good stuff, it really moisturizes and leaves my cuticles looking better, even when they are dry and ragged. I also don't mind the scent, it's kind of earthy and herb-y and lemony. It has a waxy feel rather than being greasy and absorbs pretty quickly. The container is ok- it's just a tin but I haven't had any issues with the lid falling off or anything. The product seems to last a long time but honestly I don't use it as much as I should. I have repurchased this a few times.

on 11/13/2011 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

For too long I ignored my hands and while I did my nails weekly, my cuticles looked pretty crappy. I picked this up based on the great reviews & am happy to say that I love it too. I use it daily, along my Aveeno Intense Relief hand cream, and my hands and nails look so much better. Not sure why I waited so long to try this. I will definitely be giving these as stocking stuffers this year

on 11/8/2011 9:01:00 PM

I used this all the time when I had my acrylic nails on (for a good year!) I never had time to get them refilled right away and my cuticles tended to get dry when they grew out. Instead of gross white cuiticles drawing attention to my outgrown nails, this soothed my dry nails and made them look more natural. Even I could hardly tell that they were outgrown because they were so smooth and blended with my natural nails.