November 23, 2014 | 864 users online

Skincare - Face - Avene - Thermal Water

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2011 7:07:00 PM More reviews by erikaxo

absolutely love this stuff. I first heard about this by a co-worker back when i used to work in the food industry, a place where i was literally sweating my makeup off! She told me her sister tried it and her make up stayed put. Since then, (it's been a couple years) it's HG for me, i use it everyday and i will not do my makeup without it! it's so refreshing and keeps my makeup in place:) it's great especially when you're in a hot environment. a GREAT test for it is going out to a club, where you SWEAT, i did and my makeup, STILL stayed put:) honestly so impressed with this product. and honestly it's not even that expensive, for the large spray bottle its around 25, and lasts you a REALLY long time. The medium sized bottle is around 20 and ALSO lasts a long time, and the travel size which is like 10-15 bucks, lasts for at least a month. so i mean the amount your paying for is nothing for the amount it lasts:) OHHHH also, it helps SOOOO much with razor burn! i mist it over my legs after i shave and the result is just magnificent<3 LOVE!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2011 12:20:00 PM More reviews by ana7mac

I bought this product for the 1st time just a few weeks ago, and it quickly became one of my essentials.
My eye contour area is very sensitive, and prone to allergies, specially in this time of the year. It was feeling itchy, so I decided to give it a try.
I used to think this was overpriced, since it was basically water in a can. But it's so much more than that. The ithching is gone and I feel like my skin is more luminous and hydrated.
Definitely a must-have for those with sensitive skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/1/2011 10:58:00 PM More reviews by gojiberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This spray feels really great on dry skin, but I haven't noticed any considerable differences using it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2011 10:34:00 AM More reviews by Amandaa

I use this product as help to apply my moisturizers, makeup and as moisturizer itself and this water does a great job! I really like Avene products for the great value and quality!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/29/2011 4:54:00 PM More reviews by smiah94

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i was so disappointed with this :/ i purchased mine from boots here in the UK and the price point isn't terrible, i think avene is reasonably priced. it's somewhere between high street and high end. but this for me was a total waste of money.

i felt like i couldnt use it on a cotton pad because the cotton pad absorbed too much of the water so i'd have to use a ridiculous amound each time. i couldn't spray it directly onto my face because the mist isn't fine enough, and for that reason i also couldn't use it to finish my makeup for a less powdery feel. i'm sure i don't use too much and have tried holding the can even further away from my face but it makes no difference.

the only thing i could use it for was to soothe heat rash on my arms and even then the water droplets annoyed the heck out of me. i'll finish it off, but won't repurchase. might try the vichy one as i've heard a) it's a finer mist and b) it has more salt so it's better for oilier skins.

i'll give two lippies just purely because whilst it was a waste of money and i have no use for it, it didnt do anything negative to my skin either :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2011 4:58:00 AM More reviews by irajojo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this coz it was on sale and i've seen alot of ppl buying it. so i thot i shud just give it a try. i have no sensitive skin. but i have a habit of sparaying my face with face mist coz i sometimes have dull and dry skin. i'm using RoC 24hr comfort hydrating cream(which is REALLY good). But after hrs outside, plus the humid weather, i need something to freshen my face. just one spray of avene thermal water, u can feel and see the difference! My skin looks more fresh and supple looking. and its bouncy to the touch! Hydrated skin means fairer skin, so it does help to make my skin look fairer.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2011 5:40:00 AM More reviews by decoydream

In truth, i have no idea whether this product actually works or whether i have changed my skincare routine, changed my make up or my face is just naturally better now! But lately, i have been using this after i cleanse and before i moisterise (i let it sink in for about 30 seconds before smoothing the moisteriser on) instead of using toners which i feel are too harsh for my acne prone skin. While it doesn't make a dramatic difference to my skin, it feels softer and slightly more refined. (Also, i notced a slight moisterising property with this!) Even though this seems a bit pricey for water in a can (correction: water from a French thermal spring :P), i would continue to buy because of the subtle benefits. Also, for those with red, irritated skin or those with eczma, a spritz of this is nice and soothing!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2011 1:53:00 PM More reviews by lunademaya26

This is definitely my HG, I use it all the time and I can't live without it. I've been using it for almost 3 years and one thing for sure, it heals and soothes your skin in immediate time. I have recommended this to all of my friends and they love it! It definitely did what its claim, TYSM for taking care of my sensitive skin!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2011 7:48:00 PM More reviews by LittleRussianDoll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought the small can to try it out and I'm not sure if its made a difference. It feels nice and cooling, but it hasn't done much for redness like it has for others. I was really hoping it would, but maybe I haven't been using it long enough? I'll keep trying...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2011 2:11:00 PM More reviews by Bellona

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I recently bought this over my usual Vichy Thermal water and I'm glad I took the SA's advice at Shoppers. This really works better to soothe my sensitive skin. It sits better on my face and absorbs quickly. And after I've sprayed it my skin feels soothed and smooth. With Vichy I found it left kind of a "film" sometimes, not sure how to explain it any better. Apparently Avene has no minerals, so that's why it's the best. It 100% absorbs into your skin. I highly recommend.