Rimmel 60 Seconds Nail Polish

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This particular polish is very tempermental. If it's at a temperature that's too cool, it goes on clumpy and messy...and if it's too warm, it goes on soupy & runny. It's very inexpensive stuff, a little more than $2 a bottle and the colors are all very, very pretty. (Posh Trash, Cashmere, and Climax being my favorites) It goes on and stays on pretty smoothly a lot of the time, but other times, it calls for either cooling down or warming up before it can be used. It tends to gather around the cuticles, leaving a dark, ugly mess at the bottom of your nails...and any cracks or texture-changes in your nails will show quite visibly under this polish.

I probably won't buy any more of this until my nails return back to 'pretty' status...otherwise, it makes them look a bit worse. The brush & bottle are both mediocre. Same old, same old. The colors are, however, beautiful. All are shimmery and metallic, super pretty and modern in my opinion.

on 6/9/2008 12:23:00 AM

I love Maybelline's 60 second nail polish and decided to give this brand a try because I love Rimmel and this is also cheaper than Mabelline.

It dried in 60 seconds as promised. However, it started to chip on the ends of my nails pretty quickly. The Maybelline brand lasted for 4 days before chipping.

The color is pretty and shiny, but it just didn't last long enough.

on 6/6/2008 5:47:00 PM

I am new to Rimmel polishes. I bought the shade Climax. It is a beautiful medium violet purple. I only have to apply one coat and it does dry in 60 seconds like it promises. I paid $2 and I think I got myself a great bargain. I can't wait to try other shades now. It doesn't have a lot of shine. It is almost a matte metalic. It looks great on the toes!

on 5/18/2008 5:21:00 AM

I work in a pharmacy and we stock a small Rimmel stand so cannot keep all products in, and definitely cannot fit all colours in of a product. I think that now that the new shades of 60 Seconds are being released that a few are being discontinued, or at least we will no longer stock them. So, we had a couple of shades in the reduced basket.

One of which was Zeitgeist, a colour I had been lusting after for a while but could not justify. In the bottle it is a dark puple colour that shimmers to a dark green and blue, very much like an oil spill. When applied to nails however it is really just the purple colour and not as unusual as it looks in the bottle.

The application was also a bit tricky, but I'm taking that as a flaw of not doing my nails often and also the formula being slightly different textured than usual due to the length of time it has probably been sitting waiting to be sold.

Will definitely be buying 60 Seconds again, in a multitude of colours.

on 4/24/2008 1:52:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Great polish, comes in tons of fun and neutral colours and dries FAST. Cheap enough that you can experiment with colours. It chips but everything chips on me anyway, I use a top coat (sometimes rimmel sometimes sally hansen and that helps) but I have to wash my hands all day at work so really it's not going to last on me at work no matter what I do. Will continue to repurchase, rimmel is my fav for polish.
Edit - found that a lot of the shades chip more than other brands, that being said it's still great value for money and dries quick with full coverage in 1-2 coats for many of shades I have tried. This is still a go to line for me for bright shades or anything that is out of the norm for me.

on 4/13/2008 12:06:00 AM

I love this nail polish. Comes in plenty of nice colors and stays true to what it says on the bottle, it really does dry in 60 seconds (or less). Doesn't chip easily either so I can wear this on my toes for a long time without having to touch it up. Great coverage in just one coat.

on 3/3/2008 10:55:00 PM

I have these polishes in many colors and love them. They dry quickly (yes, in 60 seconds!) and come in a variety of great colors and like other Rimmel products are fairly inexpensive. I don't paint my fingernails, just my toes during sandal season and only have time to do it maybe once a week. The polish wears well. It's also great for my daughter who is 5 and cannot sit still for more than 60 seconds to let her nail polish dry. Will keep buying this as long as they keep making it!

on 2/15/2008 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I like this polish. Does not streak, dries in 60 seconds (yes, it really does!). Doesn't chip for a few days and with a price that low, I'd say this is a bargain. Love the bright colours, especially "shocker" which is a vibrant fushia-pink.

on 2/13/2008 11:21:00 PM

Fabulous. Walgreens had a buy one get one free deal, and I was able to purchase two Rimmel nailpolishes for $2.49 (I would have purchased more had I been aware of its great value!). The color I am currently wearing is Dazzle, which matches my tan skin perfectly and has the perfect consistency. The brush and the consistency make application very simple, and like the label says, it dries in 60 seconds.

I applied two coats and then followed up with a topcoat. It has been a week and it has not chipped since! I am very impressed, and will definitely repurchase should this deal roll around again :)

on 2/12/2008 1:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Horrible! This nail polish chips in 60 seconds!

Popular Polishes