Rimmel 60 Seconds Nail Polish

on 6/6/2008 5:47:00 PM

I am new to Rimmel polishes. I bought the shade Climax. It is a beautiful medium violet purple. I only have to apply one coat and it does dry in 60 seconds like it promises. I paid $2 and I think I got myself a great bargain. I can't wait to try other shades now. It doesn't have a lot of shine. It is almost a matte metalic. It looks great on the toes!

on 5/18/2008 5:21:00 AM

I work in a pharmacy and we stock a small Rimmel stand so cannot keep all products in, and definitely cannot fit all colours in of a product. I think that now that the new shades of 60 Seconds are being released that a few are being discontinued, or at least we will no longer stock them. So, we had a couple of shades in the reduced basket.

One of which was Zeitgeist, a colour I had been lusting after for a while but could not justify. In the bottle it is a dark puple colour that shimmers to a dark green and blue, very much like an oil spill. When applied to nails however it is really just the purple colour and not as unusual as it looks in the bottle.

The application was also a bit tricky, but I'm taking that as a flaw of not doing my nails often and also the formula being slightly different textured than usual due to the length of time it has probably been sitting waiting to be sold.

Will definitely be buying 60 Seconds again, in a multitude of colours.

on 4/24/2008 1:52:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Great polish, comes in tons of fun and neutral colours and dries FAST. Cheap enough that you can experiment with colours. It chips but everything chips on me anyway, I use a top coat (sometimes rimmel sometimes sally hansen and that helps) but I have to wash my hands all day at work so really it's not going to last on me at work no matter what I do. Will continue to repurchase, rimmel is my fav for polish.
Edit - found that a lot of the shades chip more than other brands, that being said it's still great value for money and dries quick with full coverage in 1-2 coats for many of shades I have tried. This is still a go to line for me for bright shades or anything that is out of the norm for me.

on 4/13/2008 12:06:00 AM

I love this nail polish. Comes in plenty of nice colors and stays true to what it says on the bottle, it really does dry in 60 seconds (or less). Doesn't chip easily either so I can wear this on my toes for a long time without having to touch it up. Great coverage in just one coat.

on 3/3/2008 10:55:00 PM

I have these polishes in many colors and love them. They dry quickly (yes, in 60 seconds!) and come in a variety of great colors and like other Rimmel products are fairly inexpensive. I don't paint my fingernails, just my toes during sandal season and only have time to do it maybe once a week. The polish wears well. It's also great for my daughter who is 5 and cannot sit still for more than 60 seconds to let her nail polish dry. Will keep buying this as long as they keep making it!

on 2/15/2008 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I like this polish. Does not streak, dries in 60 seconds (yes, it really does!). Doesn't chip for a few days and with a price that low, I'd say this is a bargain. Love the bright colours, especially "shocker" which is a vibrant fushia-pink.

on 2/13/2008 11:21:00 PM

Fabulous. Walgreens had a buy one get one free deal, and I was able to purchase two Rimmel nailpolishes for $2.49 (I would have purchased more had I been aware of its great value!). The color I am currently wearing is Dazzle, which matches my tan skin perfectly and has the perfect consistency. The brush and the consistency make application very simple, and like the label says, it dries in 60 seconds.

I applied two coats and then followed up with a topcoat. It has been a week and it has not chipped since! I am very impressed, and will definitely repurchase should this deal roll around again :)

on 2/12/2008 1:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Horrible! This nail polish chips in 60 seconds!

on 2/10/2008 2:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Not the best quality, but still very good. The price can't be beat. It's about the only nail polish I buy, great selection of colors too.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I really like Rimmel's nail polishes! They wear well and come in fun colors. I have this in Zeitgeist. It is a beautiful opalescent deep purple. It has green/gold/bronze shades in it. Its slightly lighter, warmer, and funkier than other dark vampy shades so it's very wearable. The formula is a little difficult to work with because it's on the thick side. It has good coverage though so one coat might even be enough with lighter shades, and two was fine with Zeitgeist. Didn't chip very much and lasted a good 5 or so days chip free with base and top coat.

Popular Polishes