April 16, 2014 | 1929 users online

Blush - Maybelline - Dream Bouncy Blush (All Shades)

rated 2 of 5 on 8/21/2012 8:28:00 PM More reviews by ekchawaii

Ugh this stuff sucks, it costed 7$ and it always spreads all around the pan and doesn't blend and applies much better with a brush. Its terrible don't buy it.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/21/2012 8:21:00 PM More reviews by AlexAlexAlex

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is just unremarkable cheap drug store blush. Not very pigmented, so you'll have a hard time getting anything but a really dramatic bright color to even show up. I'll be taking this one back

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2012 7:34:00 PM More reviews by admilly101

UPDATE: So mine broke horribly, even though I was VERY careful with it. Taking off a lippie for crappy packaging.
************
Overall Rating: 3.9/5
I know 3.9/5 sounds a little silly. Why not just a 4/5? Well, I only give 4's to products that are some-what exceptional. This is a bit more than just "decent", but nothing special. I bought this in "Peach Satin", which is a bit more pink than I was hoping for it to be. Maybe I should purchase Candy Coral next time?

The whole "bouncy" thing is just a gimmick. This does NOT bounce back when you press down on it, and it will eventually just turn into flattened play-dough if you press too hard. What I do is SWIRL my fingers around the product, I never press. I feel I get the most pigmentation that way.

I make a bunch of dots on my cheeks with this, then once I build it up to the desired pigmentation, I blend it in. I agree with everyone that the pigmentation is pretty low, HOWEVER, I don't think it was made to be that concentrated anyway.

This doesn't work on top of all foundations. This will look HORRIBLE on matte foundations, powder foundation, ect. This works best with more dewy/satin foundations (example: CG Natureluxe).

I will definitely purchase some other colors, because I like the natural, subtle flush of color it gives my skin :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2012 9:27:00 PM More reviews by LittleRed825

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have this blush in Pink Frosting, and I think it's absolutely wonderful. It's pretty sheer, and its looks extremely natural. It looks great on my fair skin. And when I first heard of it, I didn't really understand the whole bouncy thing, but it really is very smooth, light, and...bouncy. I would definitely recommend it :)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2012 3:43:00 PM More reviews by SyntheticDoll

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

The concept is a bit bizarre, why would you want your blush to bounce? Either way, it was fun to play with, but entertaining was it's only well feature. The colors I swatched on my hands were very cool toned, not very suitable for my skin tone, so i ended up returning them. In addition, it settled into fine lines, and it's very hard to actually apply... I applied with my fingers, and it blended well, but the product ended up crumbling off and "bouncing" all around the packaging. So far not so excited about the Dream line.I will always swear by their mascaras, however, anything else will require in-store testing for me!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2012 4:47:00 PM More reviews by MissRaffix3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been wanting one of these for a while, and I got one today on sale at Rite Aid. I got the color Pink Plum. I love the consistency and how compact the packaging is. I applied it first with my fingers, then directly from the package to my face. It is very sheer and took a few layers to show, but gives a healthy flush to my face. I wish it showed a little bit more though. I would buy again, but in a darker color such as Pink Frosting.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2012 12:23:00 PM More reviews by blackglitter99

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased this product in the colour peach satin and I really love this colour! It's quite natural yet it also contains some pink undertones which I like.

This product is difficult, the bouncy texture is just a gimmick and doesn't add much and the blush itself isn't very pigmented but I love the cream formulation. It's very smooth and easiest to blend with your fingers. I often use my fingers for blending as I find they provide a more natural look with some products including this one but obviously I use brushes too!

Overall, the pigmentation, packaging and bouncy texture aren't great but I absolutely love the shades and the range available. The formulation is smooth and natural looking on the skin and not cakey at all. If you work at it, you can build up colour in layers so the lack of colour pay-off doesn't bother me that much. Will repurchase for sure!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/12/2012 12:38:00 PM More reviews by powersuit

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Maybelline, you should really be ashamed! While the colors are pretty, this blush acted cakey, and did not blend easily at all! It just sort of sits on top of my skin unevenly and the color result is very 'non'. The putty consistency gets super messy in the package quickly too! Simply awful.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2012 7:11:00 PM More reviews by goldenapple82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this blush in three different shades - Fresh Pink (05) is a very cool pale pink, Peach Satin (20) is a pink-y peach, and Hot Tamale (70) is a warm pink-coral. I like that these blushes have sheer pigmentation since this makes it very easy for me to build just the right amount of color without fear of looking like a clown. The formula on these is very nice. The packaging could be better - the little dome of blush tends to get smooshed down and over the edges of the container when you apply it with your fingers. It doesn't really bounce back after a few uses (not sure why you'd want it to bounce in the first place though). I will most likely re-purchase Peach Satin and Hot Tamale, but will try a different shade for pink, since Fresh Pink is pretty but not quite right for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/9/2012 10:46:00 PM More reviews by dudeewtfzoe

This blush is for someone who has time to really apply and blend this in. Nice formula, awful packaging. Not for me.

Definitely not repurchasing this. I don't even see what the benefits of having your blush "bounce" is? Whenever I try applying it with my fingers, it messes up the product, and makes all of the product go all over the container.. I ended up trying to just swipe the blush itself on my face. It works, but I can't help but feel like it's unhygienic. I don't think the color payoff is that great, but it's very build-able.This product is just not for me, a very "on the go" girl,who likes to be able to apply products quickly.