September 30, 2014 | 1261 users online

Pressed Powders - New York Color - Pressed Translucent Powder

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2007 10:33:00 PM More reviews by mikesgirl1990

great powder-cheap compact--but overall I will quite happily repurchase

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2007 5:14:00 PM More reviews by hellokitty626

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

im a normal mac blot powder user but i ran out and needed something temporary until i refill up again on my blot. i grabbed this for only $2 something and i was surprised how well this has been working. i put my makeup on at 6am this morning and it is 215pm now and my face is dewy, not shiny. i cant say much for breakouts yet because today is my first day using this. so far so good. the translucent is really translucent for me. i also tried the shade in naturally beige and i hated it. it made my light yellow skin tone turn orange. the only major con about this powder is that the compact itself is a bit cheap and flimsy. overall works decent, but still does not compare to mac blot

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2007 12:23:00 AM More reviews by bootsvalentine

I've used Almay pressed powder in translucent for 10 years, and I was upset about it being discontinued. But this is much, much better. It feels softer and looks just as good if not better. I'm very pale, so I can see how the translucent might be too chalky for some.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2007 10:38:00 AM More reviews by ImYourConscience

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

when I used this powder it made my skin look sort of ghostly and pale. I have a pretty light skin tone so I figured there wouldn't be any problems but I'm not too happy with how it covers. At least it was under $2 though, no big loss.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2007 11:19:00 PM More reviews by Alfy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The packaging was a little flimsy but it didn't matter since it was going to remain at home. It worked great the first week I used it. Decreased shininess and evened out skin tone. However, after that first week, I wondered why I was breaking out only in certain areas along my jawline, nose and forehead. It took about a month of abastaining from the product and beznoyl peroxide to get rid of the pizza face, so I wouldn't buy this product again. It's a matter of testing to see if you break out with the product since my sister and had no problems. You'll only lose about $2 if the product doesnt satisfy your needs.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2007 2:42:00 PM More reviews by Justina17

Once again, thanks to MUA. I passed this one so many times. It is remarkable. I apply it with a big powder brush and it gives my skin a nice light finished look. Not cakey at all. Very very natural. Much better than any high or low end product I have used. I find my blush even sits on my skin better since I've started to use this. Give it a try!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2007 10:14:00 PM More reviews by jenjuliet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I use loose powder in the morning (in the cooler months, anyway - in the summer I stick to blotting sheets) and by midday my nose is gleaming, so when I realized that the pressed powder I'd been using was much too pale for my skin now I wanted an inexpensive replacement. The compact is flimsy plastic and not nice to look at, but eh who cares. And the sponge applicator it comes with is useless, but I have a great travel powder brush that I've had for years and I just use that instead. Basically, this works fine for a toss-it-in-your-bag-for-shine-touchups, and that's exactly what I bought it for.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2006 3:21:00 AM More reviews by heythere

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've repurchased this powder at least 5 or 6 times, but I don't think I'll buy this again. It was great when my skin was super oily, but now that my T-zone has become less oily over time, the powder comes off looking a little chalky and fake on my skin. I'd still recommend this to really oily skinned gals who need something cheap and effective in absorbing oil and making the skin matte-looking. I've switched over to Stila Sheer Pressed Powder because it's much more natural looking on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2006 8:05:00 AM More reviews by lin_dead

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

good to bring out. sucky sponge and cheap packaging. but the quality is very good. zaps shine fast and doesnt appear chalky or thick.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2006 10:03:00 AM More reviews by macompanick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This powder has outstanding staying power for the price. Unfortunately, I think the "Translucent" color a little too pale, even for a gal like me who is proud of her pale complexion! The sponge applicator is the cheapest thing I've ever seen, but I apply the powder with MAC's powder brush in the morning. I don't think I'd carry it around in my make-up bag in my purse because I can't find an applicator thin enough to fit inside. I was pleasantly surprised by this powder, but I'll keep looking for another product that is truly translucent vs. ghostly pale.