New York Color Pressed Translucent Powder

Price: $

Price: $

Talc/Dimethicone/Kaolin/Zinc Stearate/Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate/Cetyl Dimethicone/Imidazolidinyl Urea/Methylparaben/Ethylparaben/Propylparaben/Butylparaben/Isobutylparaben. May Contain Mica/Iron Oxides/Titanium Dioxide

on 8/3/2007 12:45:00 PM

Amazing. This stuff is dirt cheap but it works so well. I really agree with what someone said about it hiding imperfections. I have a really shiny and oily nose and just a few pats of this powder and instantly, my nose looks perfect. The huge pores are unnoticeable and the shine is reduced to minimal. Despite the awful packaging, I think I'm going to go out and stock up on a few of these today. This is the perfect powder, no joke.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I use a oil-free liquid foundation, and this works great to set it and minimize shine. The packaging seems flimsy, but it's never broken. The applicator is junk, so toss it and use a fluffy powder bruch instead. This product won't work well on dry patches of skin, it really accentuates them, even if you use a good moisturizer on them.
Overall, this is an outstanding product for $1, especially on oily skin.

on 7/5/2007 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Another great MUA find. Packaging looks cheap and unattractive, but the powder itself is good stuff. It can look much too pale if I apply too much, but I can just redust it with a clean brush, and it "melts" into my skin very nicely. Makes pores disappear, blurs inperfections, makes oilies vanish. Love this as a finishing touch, especially for my nose. Amazing for the price!

UPDATE: I just purchased the Naturally Beige shade, and it much more closely matches my tannish GGG Asian skintone. I'll still keep the "Translucent" on hand for my paler days.

I've also discovered that it applies slightly sheerer, and *much* smoother with a powder brush. Paula's Choice's powder brush does a magnificent job for all-over face application (no need for "redusting"). That tiny pink scritchy-spongy disc that it comes with is ridiculous -- but you can't expect everything for under $2! ;)

UPDATE II: I've found that I can only use this every so often. If I use it too often, it clogs my pores. :( Boo. continued >>

on 6/8/2007 6:57:00 PM

I bought this based on the good reviews here. I was looking for a blotting powder. This did NOT work for me at all. Despite being labeled as 'translucent' and 'colorless', this was too dark for my pale freckled face. It did not work well as a 'colorless' blotting powder since it was very obvious any place I applied it and looked very unnatural and very unflattering. On top of that, it gave me a few zits, and I am not typically acne-prone. I would not buy this again.

on 5/10/2007 11:10:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

MUCH better than the loose version, which is not good at all.

on 4/9/2007 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Another pressed powder .. hm.. what to say, i used to use it, cause i was young and stupid :] but now, i dont use it anymore due to lack of coverage, and it made me break out, it comes off within a half hour and it looks so fake when its on, it was heavy and gross, dont like it. will not re-purchase .

on 3/18/2007 10:33:00 PM

great powder-cheap compact--but overall I will quite happily repurchase

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

im a normal mac blot powder user but i ran out and needed something temporary until i refill up again on my blot. i grabbed this for only $2 something and i was surprised how well this has been working. i put my makeup on at 6am this morning and it is 215pm now and my face is dewy, not shiny. i cant say much for breakouts yet because today is my first day using this. so far so good. the translucent is really translucent for me. i also tried the shade in naturally beige and i hated it. it made my light yellow skin tone turn orange. the only major con about this powder is that the compact itself is a bit cheap and flimsy. overall works decent, but still does not compare to mac blot

I've used Almay pressed powder in translucent for 10 years, and I was upset about it being discontinued. But this is much, much better. It feels softer and looks just as good if not better. I'm very pale, so I can see how the translucent might be too chalky for some.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

when I used this powder it made my skin look sort of ghostly and pale. I have a pretty light skin tone so I figured there wouldn't be any problems but I'm not too happy with how it covers. At least it was under $2 though, no big loss.