New York Color Pressed Translucent Powder

Price: $

Price: $

Talc/Dimethicone/Kaolin/Zinc Stearate/Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate/Cetyl Dimethicone/Imidazolidinyl Urea/Methylparaben/Ethylparaben/Propylparaben/Butylparaben/Isobutylparaben. May Contain Mica/Iron Oxides/Titanium Dioxide

on 4/9/2007 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Another pressed powder .. hm.. what to say, i used to use it, cause i was young and stupid :] but now, i dont use it anymore due to lack of coverage, and it made me break out, it comes off within a half hour and it looks so fake when its on, it was heavy and gross, dont like it. will not re-purchase .

on 3/18/2007 10:33:00 PM

great powder-cheap compact--but overall I will quite happily repurchase

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

im a normal mac blot powder user but i ran out and needed something temporary until i refill up again on my blot. i grabbed this for only $2 something and i was surprised how well this has been working. i put my makeup on at 6am this morning and it is 215pm now and my face is dewy, not shiny. i cant say much for breakouts yet because today is my first day using this. so far so good. the translucent is really translucent for me. i also tried the shade in naturally beige and i hated it. it made my light yellow skin tone turn orange. the only major con about this powder is that the compact itself is a bit cheap and flimsy. overall works decent, but still does not compare to mac blot

I've used Almay pressed powder in translucent for 10 years, and I was upset about it being discontinued. But this is much, much better. It feels softer and looks just as good if not better. I'm very pale, so I can see how the translucent might be too chalky for some.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

when I used this powder it made my skin look sort of ghostly and pale. I have a pretty light skin tone so I figured there wouldn't be any problems but I'm not too happy with how it covers. At least it was under $2 though, no big loss.

on 1/29/2007 11:19:00 PM

The packaging was a little flimsy but it didn't matter since it was going to remain at home. It worked great the first week I used it. Decreased shininess and evened out skin tone. However, after that first week, I wondered why I was breaking out only in certain areas along my jawline, nose and forehead. It took about a month of abastaining from the product and beznoyl peroxide to get rid of the pizza face, so I wouldn't buy this product again. It's a matter of testing to see if you break out with the product since my sister and had no problems. You'll only lose about $2 if the product doesnt satisfy your needs.

on 1/29/2007 2:42:00 PM

Once again, thanks to MUA. I passed this one so many times. It is remarkable. I apply it with a big powder brush and it gives my skin a nice light finished look. Not cakey at all. Very very natural. Much better than any high or low end product I have used. I find my blush even sits on my skin better since I've started to use this. Give it a try!

on 1/15/2007 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I use loose powder in the morning (in the cooler months, anyway - in the summer I stick to blotting sheets) and by midday my nose is gleaming, so when I realized that the pressed powder I'd been using was much too pale for my skin now I wanted an inexpensive replacement. The compact is flimsy plastic and not nice to look at, but eh who cares. And the sponge applicator it comes with is useless, but I have a great travel powder brush that I've had for years and I just use that instead. Basically, this works fine for a toss-it-in-your-bag-for-shine-touchups, and that's exactly what I bought it for.

on 12/14/2006 3:21:00 AM

I've repurchased this powder at least 5 or 6 times, but I don't think I'll buy this again. It was great when my skin was super oily, but now that my T-zone has become less oily over time, the powder comes off looking a little chalky and fake on my skin. I'd still recommend this to really oily skinned gals who need something cheap and effective in absorbing oil and making the skin matte-looking. I've switched over to Stila Sheer Pressed Powder because it's much more natural looking on my skin.

on 12/3/2006 8:05:00 AM

good to bring out. sucky sponge and cheap packaging. but the quality is very good. zaps shine fast and doesnt appear chalky or thick.