July 28, 2014 | 1033 users online

Pressed Powders - New York Color - Pressed Translucent Powder

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2007 10:38:00 AM More reviews by ImYourConscience

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

when I used this powder it made my skin look sort of ghostly and pale. I have a pretty light skin tone so I figured there wouldn't be any problems but I'm not too happy with how it covers. At least it was under $2 though, no big loss.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2007 11:19:00 PM More reviews by Alfy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The packaging was a little flimsy but it didn't matter since it was going to remain at home. It worked great the first week I used it. Decreased shininess and evened out skin tone. However, after that first week, I wondered why I was breaking out only in certain areas along my jawline, nose and forehead. It took about a month of abastaining from the product and beznoyl peroxide to get rid of the pizza face, so I wouldn't buy this product again. It's a matter of testing to see if you break out with the product since my sister and had no problems. You'll only lose about $2 if the product doesnt satisfy your needs.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2007 2:42:00 PM More reviews by Justina17

Once again, thanks to MUA. I passed this one so many times. It is remarkable. I apply it with a big powder brush and it gives my skin a nice light finished look. Not cakey at all. Very very natural. Much better than any high or low end product I have used. I find my blush even sits on my skin better since I've started to use this. Give it a try!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2007 10:14:00 PM More reviews by jenjuliet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I use loose powder in the morning (in the cooler months, anyway - in the summer I stick to blotting sheets) and by midday my nose is gleaming, so when I realized that the pressed powder I'd been using was much too pale for my skin now I wanted an inexpensive replacement. The compact is flimsy plastic and not nice to look at, but eh who cares. And the sponge applicator it comes with is useless, but I have a great travel powder brush that I've had for years and I just use that instead. Basically, this works fine for a toss-it-in-your-bag-for-shine-touchups, and that's exactly what I bought it for.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2006 3:21:00 AM More reviews by heythere

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've repurchased this powder at least 5 or 6 times, but I don't think I'll buy this again. It was great when my skin was super oily, but now that my T-zone has become less oily over time, the powder comes off looking a little chalky and fake on my skin. I'd still recommend this to really oily skinned gals who need something cheap and effective in absorbing oil and making the skin matte-looking. I've switched over to Stila Sheer Pressed Powder because it's much more natural looking on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2006 8:05:00 AM More reviews by lin_dead

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

good to bring out. sucky sponge and cheap packaging. but the quality is very good. zaps shine fast and doesnt appear chalky or thick.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2006 10:03:00 AM More reviews by macompanick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This powder has outstanding staying power for the price. Unfortunately, I think the "Translucent" color a little too pale, even for a gal like me who is proud of her pale complexion! The sponge applicator is the cheapest thing I've ever seen, but I apply the powder with MAC's powder brush in the morning. I don't think I'd carry it around in my make-up bag in my purse because I can't find an applicator thin enough to fit inside. I was pleasantly surprised by this powder, but I'll keep looking for another product that is truly translucent vs. ghostly pale.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2006 2:53:00 AM More reviews by my_vanity_is_a_mess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this a few months a go, tried it and deemed it another useless product. However I pulled it out again on halloween, because when i tried it last time it was extremely white and that's what i needed. This time I applied it with a fluffy brush and it make my face flawless! Now I've been using it everyday lightly to set my foundation and my normally oily skin holds up ALL day and looks beautiful. My skin seems to be clearing up since using this. Love this stuff! The key is to apply lightly and ditch the applicator.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2006 3:48:00 AM More reviews by kschmiddy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Seriously, this stuff delivers. $1 for a powder that rivals $28 powder?! Why on earth would anyone keep shelling out that much money?! This stuff gets the job done! It's not actually truly translucent-more like a very, very pale yellow. Which is perfect for me-a pale, yellow-toned gal! This looks like my real skin, absorbs oil perfectly, and lasts. The packaging is crap, but who cares?! $1 here!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2006 12:57:00 AM More reviews by dragonballz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this when I ran out of my Revlon "even out" corrector powder. I looked for the Revlon powder everywhere and couldnt find it, so desperate times call for desperate measures. My main criteria was that the new stuff would be oil-free with a good rating on MUA. The sponge thing is terrible and made me look chalky and white. I now use my brush and it produces more natural looking results. The packaging is a joke too. So far the powder seems to be ok but I look more pink with this than with my old stuff. Its a great value for the money but I may not repurchase.