April 17, 2014 | 1908 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2011 11:50:00 AM More reviews by andheartsnicole

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this foundation about 3 months ago because I had heard a few good things about it from people with dry skin, and the MA thought that Chanel's Pro-Lumiére would be too much coverage.
Overall, the formulation of the foundation is really nice- smooth, blendable, and it does hydrate my skin, and give it a slight glow.
However, the coverage is very light, which means I've had to use more concealer than usually, so if you're looking for a foundation with fuller coverage, I wouldn't reccommend this.
One problem I had was with the color. I got it in 20 Clair, which I thought would work fine because I had the Teint Innocence Compact foundation in the same shade, and when I had the foundation applied in the store, it looked fine. But lately I've noticed that it looks a little orange on my skin.
Another problem is that I've found that this makes my skin gets oilier faster than it used to, and my skin isn't too oily to begin with - only mainly in my t-zone.
Maybe if the lighter color they have matches my skin better, I would buy this again, as there's a fair amount of product in the bottle (i've had it for 3 months, used anywhere from a pump to a pump and a half a day, and I'm not even halfway through), and its fairly reasonably priced for a Chanel foundation (at least in Europe!) Otherwise, I'll probably end up getting another foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2011 11:55:00 PM More reviews by Sadiejane3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had the compact and wasn't impressed, it seemed dry and caky. I decided to try the bottled foundation and am glad I did. It gives my face a dewy finish, with light but build-able coverage. It's very smooth, and a little goes a long way. I also like the pump that comes with it.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/27/2011 2:10:00 PM More reviews by odjeb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After reading all the great reviews of this product, I`ve decided to try it out. First of all, I didn`t like the package because foundation seems to leak trough the pump all the time, which I think is a waste, considering how expensive this foundation is.. It gives almost no coverage at all, and when I put it on, my face looks really greasy, like I`ve put on luminizer all over my face or smth...so I guess it works great for really (really!!) dry skin that needs no coverage.. I will not buy this product again..sorry, Chanel..

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2011 3:33:00 PM More reviews by Naughalty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have thoroughly enjoyed this product and am about to start my third bottle of it. I have combination skin with an oily tzone though I do not find that this is a problem with this foundation. I simply apply with my fingers and it sinks into the skin seamlessly, I only powder my tzone to keep my dry cheeks moisturised well from the foundation. The colour was a bit awkward to find to fit my skin tone and I could really do with a lighter colour but all I can get my hands on is number 10, though towards the spring this will not become a problem. My skin is pretty clear so I'm not really bothered by coverage, I just touch up any problem areas (blemishes, undereye circles) with concealer, though it helps to even out my skintone and make my skin glow really nicely :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2011 3:38:00 PM More reviews by H_Girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using Vitalumiere for a week and it's fantastic! I have extremely dry skin at the moment, and this is the only makeup that seems to stop my skin drying out & doesn't show any flaky dry patches. The packaging is lovely, and the texture of the product is nice, maybe a little runny. I find it goes on better with my fingers than with a brush.

The only downside is it doesn't really seem to set. If I blow my nose 3 hours after applying, a lot of makeup comes off on the tissue. I might try using powder, although I'm worried that will dry my skin out.

Overall, it's a great foundation, much better for me than the Aqua version, which was a complete disaster!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2011 1:11:00 PM More reviews by maria714

LOVE LOVE LOVE! This is hands down the best liquid foundation I've ever used. I have normal to dry skin (winter) and this foundation is perfect, it's moisturizing and lasts all day long. I don't have to worry about touching up my make up throughout the day which is great! My shade is NC15-20 in MAC (Warm Ivory in Bobbi Brown, Buff 2W in Lancome) and the shade 10 Limpide matches me perfectly. This is my HG liquid foundation and "ll definitely be restocking this after I run out. Yes it's expensive but you get what you're paying for!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/10/2011 5:53:00 PM More reviews by sam1208

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Has anyone noticed this product rolls? I have changed the moisturizer under it from Chanel, Bobbi Brown, and just drugstore brands.. and with all of them, the foundation seems to roll or pill up in balls after its applied. I love the dewy look, application, bottle and shades but not sure why it does this pilling or "rolling", as makeup artists refer. Anyone else notice this?

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2010 10:23:00 AM More reviews by makeupjunkie159

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this foundation, after hearing all of the hype about it, i decided to give it a go (after using most of the MAC foundations and l'oreal) and I wouldnt change this foundation for anything. If your skin looks dull/tired, this instantly brightens it up and gives you a dewy glowy look without having glitter/shimmer to it. It goes on with such ease that you could get away with applying it with your fingers - very blendable and it is not cakey at all. Doesnt make my skin look dry and makes me look a lot more radiant. I have relatively good skin, though it does completely even out my skin colour and makes my face look flawless. After a few hours, it does start to look a tiny bit shiny, though i am soon going to purchase a chanel translucent powder to set it and buy a decent primer, but without any of these additional products, it stays on the majority of the day and doesnt make you look matte at all. It is pricey, at £31 but so worth every penny, nothing else matches it and it smells amazing, not at all like that typical foundation smell.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2010 10:30:00 PM More reviews by qaleidoscope

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this foundation on a whim because I had heard so many people raving about it. I have been blessed with good skin and I was looking for something to even out my skin tone. Having said that this is exactly what this foundation does with it's sheer coverage. The only thing I don't like about it is that it makes my skin feel very greasy, I wouldn't let anyone touch my face when I'm wearing it. It's also on the expensive side.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2010 2:31:00 PM More reviews by Flowerbomb217

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Absolutely HG foundation to use during the winter months! The foundation is extremely hydrating (I have dry-combination skin) and doesn't emphasize any dry patches on the skin, compared to my Nars Sheer Glow in Barcelona. I use shade 40 Beige, which is a great colour match to my warm medium, SE Asian skin tone. The finish is dewy (not oily looking!) with light to medium coverage depending on how many layers applied (but not full coverage), so your skin glows during the winter months instead of looking flat and dull. I do have a few blemishes but have never suffered from acne. The foundation lasts 6-8 hours, v.easy to blend and I set with MUFE HD powder on my T-Zone and chin/jaw area. Great underneath Chanel Bronze Universal. Just remember that the more powder products you apply on top, then it will take away from the 'glowy-ness' of the foundation finish. Also, the colour range isn't too extensive so some may find it difficult to colour match but ask the SA at the counter.

Will definitely repurchase this for my winter foundation! High recommendation!!!!