Maybelline Great Lash Lots of Lashes

3.5

Aqua (Water) , Paraffin , Potassium Cetyl Phosphate , Cera Alba (Beeswax) , Copernicia Cerifera Cera (Carnauba Wax) , Acacia Senegal (Acacia Senegal Gum) , Glycerin , Cetyl Alcohol , Hydroxyethylcellulose , PEG , PPG-17 , 18 Dimethicone , Steareth-20 , Phenoxyethanol , Caprylyl Glycol , Sodium Polymethacrylate , Sodium Dehydroacetate , Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil , Hydrogenated Palm Oil , Simethicone , Disodium EDTA , Polyquaternium-10 , Silica , Panthenol , May Contain: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides) , CI 77007 (Ultramarines) , CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide) , Mica , CI 75470 (Carmine) , CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens) , CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green) , CI 77742 (Manganese Violet) , CI 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide)

This mascara is horrible!! I have a straight lash and must curl my lashes twice to get them to stay curly for mascara's I have tried so far. This mascara did not keep my lashes curly throughout my day like the Great Lash mascara with a curved brush, that I would recommend, this was a fail for me. The tip of the brush is so small that I poked myself in the eye or the eyelid almost everytime I used it and got mascara everywhere.

I really hate original Great Lash, so I was very doubtful when I bought this one. However, I love trying new mascaras so I gave it a whirl. It's really quite good--the formula is drier than original Great Lash (but not dry compared to the average mascara) and I love the brush. I was pleasantly surprised by this one, and it's less than $5, so that's great too.

on 10/2/2012 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This mascara confuses me. Sometimes it can make my lashes look amazing, long, and thick. Other times it can make them look like a short crinkly mess. I think the trick is to really master the brush's odd shape. When I use the flat side with a tiny tiny bit of the curved side I feel that gives me the best result. It's an awesome mascara when it works. It never flakes on me or runs down my eyes, it's just not consistent. This is my go to when I know I have the extra time to mess with my lashes to get them just right.

on 9/30/2012 6:03:00 AM

This mascara was neither "great" and failed to provide me with 'lots of lashes'. The brush is extremely awkwardly shaped and is painful time consuming to use. Leaves my lashes looking like clumpy stubs. I tried a few times to use this mascara and just ended up tossing it out.

on 9/24/2012 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

ehhh... pretty decent mascara. nothing dramatic. its does darken and add some volume and length. doesnt hold a curl. smudges easily. its really annoying wiping the smudges under my eyes. no smell and is easy to wash off. the brush is small and coned shape. i dont regret buying it because ive been wanting to try it but WONT repurchase.

on 9/22/2012 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I'm with the previous reviewer on this. The formula is good, but the brush only compliments my right eye. It doesn't help that my lashes on my left eye are much shorter and denser than my right eye. It's a good mascara but it doesn't work for me all-around.

on 9/19/2012 2:59:00 PM

Since I'm right handed, the tapered brush only works nice on my right eye. even if I reverse my hand to my left eye to comb through my lashes where the brush tip is, it still doesnt make my lashes look nice and neat. It gets clumpy after more than 2 coats.I like spider lashes for fall so I will keep it handy for that sole purpose. I love the classic packaging and the shape of the brush, but it doesn't do it for me.

I really liked this mascara. I'm not big on volume - I want length, with lovely, separated lashes that don't end up clumping together and looking like spider legs. THIS MASCARA DELIVERS! I love the little brush, I just wish the pointed end of the brush had slightly longer spikes so I could REALLY catch those long lashes in the outer corners. My lashes were so long, black, separated and gorgeous it looked like I was wearing falsies and had a million lashes. It was wonderful. This mascara also builds nicely, too, so if you wiggle the brush at the base of the lashes, you get a little more volume and oomph there. I give this mascara only a 4 because there's no waterproof alternative - I wear contacts, and MUST have a waterproof mascara. With this one, if the humidity's high or it rains or you get something in your eye and it waters, bye-bye mascara. If it were waterproof, this would be Holy Grail mascara for me.

on 9/16/2012 6:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This has a really unique brush, it's tiny and catches every lash, so I use it on my lower lashes and the baby lashes i have on the inner corner of my top lashes. It's adorable, and effective. However, it doesn't give me volume or length, so I never would use it alone on my top lashes.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I was really surprised by this. I got the original Great Lash a few years back as a gift and absolutely HATED it. The formula was too wet and the brush was horrible. But when I bought this out of curiosity because the wand reminded me of Lancomes Doll Eyes Mascara, I immediately loved it! I think this mascara will suit those girls who love to do their lashes meticulously, meaning those who REALLY like getting their wand into the inner and outer corners to coat each lash with a few good swipes and not those who like to hold their wands still and apply their mascaras with one go (which I find doing more with mascara wands made out of big brushes like Loreal Voluminous Carbon Black or Cover Girl Lashblast. This wand is tapered allowing you to maneuver it around and yet do your eye quickly. I also found the formula a lot less wet (just like your regular mascara) and layering this was easy as each layer dried quickly so your lashes get more volume easily. This is definitely a good mascara and I'm already made up my mind to head back to buy more backups. :)