August 20, 2014 | 1911 users online

Liquid - MAC - Matchmaster SPF 15 Foundation

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2012 7:24:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wierd scent. Oxidises badly and gets even darker throughout the day, so sample first if you have oily skin. Shade 1 is even darker and more orange than NW15 so I don't recommend if you have very fair skin. Mac should consider putting out a NW 05 - NW 10 foundation to suit paler skin, there is a market out there!!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2012 3:00:00 AM More reviews by upl6868

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My Favorite Foundation from Mac.
I've been going a bit tanner recently but this product still match my skin well *Thumbs up* It's medium coverage and not oily. When in rush, I just only use this and my face is ready to go. I do apply an additional layer where i need to conceal tho. One more thing, this dries quickly so you need to work fast.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2012 2:27:00 AM More reviews by chrissaayy

I really love this foundation and i have brought it 2 times :) even though it is pretty expensive from where i am from the results are worth it. For me, it doesn't cake at all, doesn't make my face greasy. It does get a bit boring though when u wear it everyday...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2012 10:48:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just finished my first bottle and have recently repurchased another as I absolutely love this foundation. The formula is silky, blends so easily into my skin, provides medium coverage, contains SPF15, sets to a semi-matte finish, and wears extremely well all day without oxidizing or looking cakey. Super impressed with the packaging too, love the pump that can be easily closed with a twist of the cap. I wear the shade '1' and its a flawless match to my complexion, for reference I wear MAC NC15, Bourjois 51 Vanille Clair, Revlon Colorstay in Buff, Vichy Dermablend in Opal, Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation in Ivory Rose, NARS Deauville, and Revlon PhotoReady in Vanilla.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2012 7:48:00 PM More reviews by xiufey88

I have been using this foundation over one month now. I am somewhere between NC30 - NC35, and using 3.0. The color matched me perfectly. The SA at Mac counter said it's a mid coverage foundation, but I found this cover pretty on my face. Well this is my first Mac foundation so I can't really compare to other popular ones. I use my hands to apply this and gives me the most nature finish. It dried down pretty fast on my face, so I have to work apply section by section on my skin. It has pretty much keeps me matte all day, and the staying power is amazing! (last me up to 8 hrs) I don't use powder to set my foundation except my nose area. Because I found out if I set my foundation, about 4-5 hrs later my nature oil mix with powder look crease around my mouth area. Dont get me wrong. It happened on all foundation I use. This is not the only one. I think this foundation is great for summer use. But it might be a bit too dry for winter. I am not sure, but I will try for sure!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2012 6:11:00 AM More reviews by Walko

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of the best I've tried. I use it in 1.5 which the mac girl picked for me. When I started to put it on it looked awful like yellow, but when blended in it's fine, lives up to its "matchmaster" name. I have no problems with this oxidising at all.Good at controlling oilies as well, as well as any I've found anyway.My previous favourite was the revlon colorstay which I still like, but what I hate about colorstay is it's a devil to remove. The Mac one reoves easier.Matchmaster looks very natural on, almost like you're not wearing much make up. I wouldn't say it is full coverage, best with colorstay for that. But this is a very good foundation. a little pricey but worth it.Wouldn't recommend for dry skin though.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2012 7:38:00 PM More reviews by beeeez

I've had this for a while now. One morning, I decided to go in my unused make-up drawer and found this lying there right in front of me and I thought MEH why not try it again (I forgot how it was for my skin). Right now I am using Hourglass Immaculate and it's the best mattifying liquid to powder foundation EVER for my very oily t-zone. But because it's so damn expensive (about $70.00CAD with tax), I wanted to look for an alternative and use the Hourglass for nicer occasions. So I tried this on...and it's summer right now. I must say, I'm surprised how it ACTUALLY keeps me matte hmmm pretty much ALL DAY. How did I forget! Why didn't I keep on using it?? Why is it in my drawer?!? The color actually matches me! I'm about a NC40-NC42 right now cause I got tanned (normally nc25-35 when pale), But my face fades really quick like 1 week quick, compared to the rest of my body (from exfoliating my face), so the foundation won't match my neck. If my face didn't fade, it will match my neck. I mean..this foundation DOES say Matchmaster right...so it will adjust to whatever color you have. REALLY GOOD foundation for oil control.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2012 10:00:00 PM More reviews by hootie2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am really liking this. I have the strangest skin on earth and this is not irritating it so far. I mix it with lotion because its very matte. Even with my oily skin it is very drying, which is nice for a change. Tired of oily face. The coverage is also a bit much for me, I like tinted moisturizers but couldn't find one that wouldn't break me out. I am crossing my fingers on this one. I wear nw/nc 20 and have this in 1.5 and its perfect.
Update: Broke me out. I haven't the heart to discuss it further.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/7/2012 12:11:00 AM More reviews by Sagehen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I thought this would be the answer to my prayers when MAC discontinued my fave foundation (StudioFinish in NW 45 and/or NC50). I was matched at a counter and of course the SA recommended the8.0. I took it and discovered that after several hours it oxidizes terribly dark and ruddy. I have also tried the 7.5 and it still looks "off". I am just trying to use the bottle I have and move on from this awful, overly expensive product.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2012 11:27:00 AM More reviews by xkudax

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this in 7.5. I'm an nc50 in studio fix. I was so excited about this foundation based on he description. By I'm afraid it's a fail for me. I've spent the last while looking for my HG foundation. Unfortunately this isn't it. The colour oxidises to a horrible red after a while. It melts off my face after like 2 hrs only regardless of how much I set it. Not impressed! It feels icky and transfers very easily. Never again. Thank god it didn't at least break me out!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No