April 18, 2014 | 1873 users online

Liquid - MAC - Matchmaster SPF 15 Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2012 6:38:00 PM More reviews by dannypacheco

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm able to achieve an airbrushed & flawless finish with this foundation, which is important for me. I do get a little cakey around my forhead, but that's my own fault. The foundation itself works wonders. The bottle is big so you get your money's worth. Definitely buying again!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/25/2012 9:25:00 PM More reviews by Lynmari928

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this foundation!!!
I have a love/hate relationship with MACs foundations. I've previosly tried the Studio Fix Fluid in NC25 and while I loved the way that it felt on my skin I thought that it made me TOO yellow.
So I was told about Matchmaster which is supposed to be more neutral - you could wear it whether you are an NC or NW and thought it would be perfect! But it's not; I still look ridicoulously yellow!!!
I use the shade 2.0 and apply it with a Beauty Blender sponge. I do still like the coverage that it provides I just wish that MACs foundations in general did not run SO yellow or pink. Where's the in-between ground? Why do you have to be one or the other.
At any rate I know that some people actually like to look really olive-y and therefore enjoy a more yellow based foundation - I'm just not one of them!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/18/2012 7:56:00 AM More reviews by BlendedSoul

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I generally wear NC 50 in MAC and I was advised to buy Matchmaster in 7.5. After wearing it for a week, I noticed that my face would look very red and oily in certain areas and my dark spots would show by the afternoon. When I spoke to a MAC rep, she said that the matchmaster has red tones in it, which allow it to match a range of people. I wish I'd known this before I bought it. If you have brown skin with yellow undertones, stay away from Matchmaster. Actually, for anyone interested in this product, keep your receipt and pay attention to your face throughout the day. The color will change to suit all tones, so be careful. I'm going back to my studio fix.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/15/2012 9:58:00 AM More reviews by magandapinay123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product months ago, and I hate it. It did not blend in well, and made my pores look huge. It also did not blend in well with my skin tone. What a waste. I kept using it, only because it isn't cheap, but finally switched to a different brand and couldn't be happier with it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2012 9:50:00 PM More reviews by agibeault

This is definitely MAC's best foundation. I am currently using one pump mixed with an equal amount of strobe cream for a glowy but not greasy or sparkly look. Its gorgeous and lasts well throughout the day. I do not need a lot of coverage but I do have freckles and uneven skin tone. I purchased this dark on purpose, shade 2, thinking I would be self tanning soon...I have been too lazy to tan so the colour is too dark for my NC 20 skin. Mixing it with the strobe cream sheers it out to the perfect match though. I can't explain it but this DOES seem to change colour once it is on the skin and meshes well. Shade 2 is quite orange but it works once its on. Obviously it will work better when I'm tanned. I am interested in trying 1.5 as well.

My skin tone is very neutral with a hint of olive. I would not call Matchmaster neutral at all, even though they market it as such. This is definitely a peach toned foundation but as I said, it sort of adjusts once it is on the skin.

I think I will buy this again - I like the spf, it doesnt bother my eczema, and it is matte (skin is getting too oily for face and body, my long-time love). I just wish the colour was more neutral and less peach. This does cling to dry patches.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2012 7:34:00 PM More reviews by candystripelegs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Been using this on and off for a few months, not going to say it's HG but I definitely think it's one of the better MAC foundations.

My skin is normal to oily (never dry) and sensitive but not typically acne-prone. Main skin issues are redness/enlarged pores in certain areas. I have been matched to both NW/NC 15 and 20 which always turned out too yellow or too pink, N4 studio fix powder (perfect match) and 1.0 in Matchmaster which, to my eye, seems a bit more neutral than the NC/NW 15 offerings.

Matchmaster 1.0 is a tad bit light for my skin but the tone is right on and the 1.5 looks a bit orangy on me. It dries to a natural matte finish but doesn't do anything extra in terms of controlling oil. I found it offers medium coverage at best, using 2 pumps on the whole face. I use my fingers to apply becuase it seems to work best for me, brush make it look a bit streaky.
Attempting full coverage results in a slightly powdery look that really looks a hot mess as the day goes on...certain ares look powdery and others streaky/oily.

I found this did blend in with my coloring nicely and lasts 8-10 hours without much fading although you will need to blot for oil control. Doesn't feel heavy, tacky or take a long time to dry. This would be a great option to normal/oily skin but dry skin might find it looks too powdery and would cling to dry patches.

Still searching more something a bit more mattyfing but this is a great foundation and I'm sure I will be repurchasing again.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/6/2012 6:39:00 PM More reviews by Ashley1958

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I reallyyyyy wanted to like this foundation. It has SPF and claims to be a "demi-matte finish with shine control," which sounded perfect for my oily skin, as I prefer natural matte finishes...but alas, it wasn't meant to be. At first it looked great and did not settle into lines, good coverage, nice color match (I'm #3), smooth finish...HOWEVER, after a few hours of sitting outside (nothing physical) in warm weather this foundation seemed to seep out of my pores lying on top of my skin. It wasn't blended anymore, and I could see patches of the foundation in some places, other areas stayed in place (same as the user chloehops mentioned in his/her review 2 below me). This might be a good product if you don't have oily skin - although it's advertised as a formula for oily skin types - or if you stay inside in the cool a/c. It didn't stay as matte as I was hoping for...too much shine in the end.
NOTE: As I said above, the color match was great - I'll give it that much. For those of you who are considering trying this foundation, do NOT freak out at the color in the jar. It adjusts to your skin tone accordingly. If a Mac makeup artist matches you up, just go with it and try it...wait and see. She matched me with #3 and I thought "no way, it looks ORANGE!"...but the color was perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2012 7:16:00 PM More reviews by emandemsinalamb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

About me: I'm very fair-skinned (I would normally be lighter than NC15, and I'm 1.0 in Matchmaster). My skin is very normal, neither oily nor dry, and is not sensitive. I don't deal with skin conditions like rosacea or acne, so I can't comment on if this makeup would aggravate those conditions.

Pros:
- Semi-matte finish is very natural-looking.
- Very easy to blend.
- It looks and feels just like skin, not like makeup.
- Evens skin tone exceptionally well.
- Light to medium coverage makes it feel very lightweight, doesn't feel heavy or mask-like at all.
- The shades are exceptionally forgiving with Matchmaster, which is a good thing, given the name. The shades are mostly forgiving in that it would be rare for you to get one that was too orange, too peach or too pink. They seem well-balanced and match a variety of skin tones. Also, the fair-skinned tones are much improved over former foundation shades that MAC has brought out.

Cons:
- A little pricey compared to some of the other MAC foundations.
- While the coverage is buildable to an extent, you will never get more than medium coverage with this foundation, it's simply not formulated to be full coverage. It will not cover a particularly bad case of acne, or other skin imperfections.
- Semi-matte finish can be too dewy for people who might have oily or combo skin. It is not the best foundation if you want oil control.

This is my favourite foundation, and has been upgraded to my HG. I've been using it for a month or more, and I can't get enough of how this stuff looks, feels, and performs on me. It's by far the best I've ever used (and I've used two MAC foundations in the past - Studio Sculpt and Studio Fix Fluid, both of which were nice, but not as nice as this).

MAC has finally made a shade that matches me perfectly - 1.0. I previously was wearing Studio Fix Fluid in NC15. While I could wear it and have it look okay, it gave a somewhat unpleasant orange tone to my skin, so I had to blend it out really well in order for it to work (and that stuff sets fast!). Studio Fix is really good for controlling oily patches, so if you have oily skin, you might prefer that one. It was my favourite until I tried this.

Matchmaster is a beautiful foundation. I find that it applies best with a sponge, it allows for smooth and flawless blending. If you're having trouble finding your perfect match, especially if you're pale like me, you should give this one a go. I was amazed and incredibly happy with the results!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2012 5:51:00 PM More reviews by chloehops

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I tried this for 3 months and I wanted to like it. I have combination dry skin. The coverage was I would say light to medium if that. After an hour of wearing it it got splotchy like it had chipped off in places. Weird. The color match was good except for around my forehead where it seemed to oxidize and turn orange around my eyebrows no matter how much I blended. I've tried this foundation all sorts of ways...with primer, without, with setting spray, with lotion, without, with powder,everything! It never stays on and it always flakes off. Also, it feels very heavy and stiff. It shows every pore,too,it dried my skin out and worst of all, it broke me out BAD. Thank goodness MAC has an awesome return policy.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/21/2012 6:37:00 PM More reviews by BlueIvy

This is my very first MAC foundation which I have been using for a week now. I got a sample from the SA after she tried it on me m it looked flawless with the stippling brush. I moisturize my face well b4 this cz it's a lil too matte for me n mix one pump of this with one pump of strobe liquid. I spray fix + on the brush then apply all over blending n stippling. Over all it gives a good medium coverage. I'm using 2.0 which is a lil yellow for me but the 3.0 was too pink. I'm giving this 3 lipped cz I think they should have a 2.5 shade as well. The lasting power is about 5 hrs n it doesn't transfer to my phone(thank God) though iv noticed it clings to dry areas if I don't moisturize well. It sets pretty quickly so iv to apply one area at a time. The smell is a lil synthetic but goes away in few secs. It's a good foundation for summer time. Would recommend it.