MAC Matchmaster SPF 15 Foundation

3.7

(Original formulation - September 2011): ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Octinoxate 3.40%, Titanium Dioxide 1.00% INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Butylene Glycol, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Lecithin, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Algae Extract, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Dipropylene Glycol, Xanthan Gum, Laureth-7, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Dimethicone/Peg-10/15 Crosspolymer, Dimethicone/Peg-10 Crosspolymer, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dimethicone Silylate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Chloroxylenol, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, [ /- Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288)]

on 4/3/2013 4:17:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I've very pale skin so looking for drugstore foundations that are my shade (in my country) it's quite a "mission impossible". But I also didn't want to spend a lot of money on Bobbi Brown, Nars, Estee Lauder... that's why I went for MAC.
I told the lady at the counter what I was looking for in foundation and suggested this one.
The consistency feels quite light and once you apply it on the skin it sets really quickly, with a powdery finish (you can even skip powder!).
The coverage is light to medium. Don't expect it to cover every blemish, every scar because it won't (that's what concealer is for, right?)
On me it barely oxidazes, which is good because you don't want to come back home after a long day to realize you look like an oompa loompa! lol
My shade is the lightest (1.0) and it's a bit pink on me so it's not my exact match.

on 4/3/2013 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Ok guys, if you are looking for a medium coverage foundation with a demi-matte finish...this one is THE one.
I am trying to put all my excitement and fangirl-ism aside so I can give you an objective review but it's really hard!

I got my MAC Matchmaster SPF15 in 9.0 and it matches me so perfectly, I mean it's like my skin in a bottle! It takes the best tone of my face and makes it my overall skin tone while hiding those darker spots in a VERY natural way (no cakey effect or "look at me I own a bottle of liquid foundation and I just used a LOT").
It's hard to tell that you have anything on at all, when I have it on people say "you are glowing!" not "which foundation are you using?". It's amazing. It is so light and airy, your face feels normal, no extra weight.
I never had to touch it up it doesn't fade away like some foundations do.

Again, this is a medium coverage foundation, if you try to put on more product in attempt to achieve a full coverage, your face will very quickly turn to a vivid orange!

The only con (and this really doesn't deserve a lippie off) is a little bit of transfer, on a napkin or a white pillow... but other than that, this product is amazing, I just got two more bottles (just in case my dear 9.0 is sold out!) and I am NOT buying any other foundation, I found mine!

YOU NEED TRY IT!

on 3/31/2013 10:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

LOVE this foundation! I'm a NW47 and a 9.0 in this foundation. It provides great coverage. It's not as thick as studio fix fluid. The bottle does come with a built-in pump so you won't waste any product. I set this foundation with my mineralize skin finish in deep dark and I'm ready to go! Highly recommend for dry skin, just moisturize really well.

on 3/25/2013 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

NC15-NC20, normal/oily skin (but gets dehydrated easily), yellow/olive undertones
---
Okay, I have it in colour 2.0. Don't buy this, if you are on the lighter side of NC20, it's just quite dark, more for NC25-28 I'd say. Anyways, I can wear it. Usually mixing it with 180 revlon colorstay - i get perfeeeeeect match then. PERRRRFECT.
The 2.0 colour is quite orangey toned, definitely not pink or cool toned - good for us living in Springfield! (okay, just trying to be funny, hahahha)
The finish is quite matte, but after a while it can get shiny. Definitely needs to be set with powder. (well, who doesn't set a foundation with powder? -_-)

THE "MATCHMASTER" thing.. Well... No. I applied it on my NC10 hand and I just had orange line there. Waited for like 30 minutes and no, it maybe oxidized a bit and doesn't look that orange, but still doesn't match. Anyways, my mistake, I should buy the 1.5 probably.

Coverage is good medium - not too light or too heavy for everyday use. Just perfect for me.
Packaging is perfect - that's what I love about MAC. Okay, sounds weird. I just LOVELOVELOVE how their products look. Thanks god for the pump.
The consistency is quite dry... I mean... Not DRYING, but dry. When I swatch/apply my baby REVLON colorstay, it looks liquidy - watery a little while, this already goes on matte ... I don't know. The texture is just weird. Special. But blends nicely and is not too runny or thick.
Doesn't make some of my dry patches more visible, looks smooth, covers pores & redness & blemishes.

Okay, I live in Czech republic. I'm a student buying make-up with my own money. MAC is sooo expensive there. This foundation is about $46 here. That's a lot!
Will I repurchase? Probably not. It's a perfect foundation, there are just so many other ones that I want to try too.

on 3/21/2013 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

I think this is one of the better foundations the brand has to offer. I got a sample in shade 1.5 and I'm typically an NC20; it was a good match. It goes on very nicely and provides decent coverage. The only issue I have found with the product is that it accentuates flaky skin if you don't exfoliate.

on 3/17/2013 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Love the glass bottle, the pump Im in love with and the locking feature is wonderful. The product Im not so crazy about. The closest shade was 9.0 but Matchmaster failed to find my match. its thick, easy to cake ( not a good thing ) and easy to rub off!!!! all day i see "samples" on my paper work and clothing, and walls and doors... It encourages oil on my face.
The pro is its full coverage... but it covers everything.. blankets, seats, who ever I hug etc.... had to mix with drug store brand to cancel some of the orange and concoct what I call MatchMaker lol. Over-all I love my MAC products but this Matchmaster and I are not a match made in makeup heaven. :(
wont waste more money on another bottle of this.

on 3/17/2013 8:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

I have mixed feelings about this foundation. It was easy to apply and blend. The color match was ok, I bought the 7.5 because the MUA insisted darker was better. I knew that was a mistake because after about 2 months the product oxidized about 1 shade deeper in the bottle!!! Is that even possible???? Anyway. I can't wear it alone anymore. It's way too dark for me what a waste! The bottle is still pretty full. I'm on the fence about purchasing the 7.0 shade. I'll prob get a sample first.

When I first purchased this, I loved it so much! But now after wearing it for a while it seems to always come off in the middle of the day, i'm not sure if it has oils in it, or what, but i'm very indifferent towards this product now, before it was my HG... but I think I could settle for something a little bit better. It is great at matching my skin color.. for 3 or 4 hours before some of it comes off! Maybe i'm just not doing something right? I want this to be my number 1 foundation because of the price I paid for it, but it's kind of hard to do that when it comes off in the middle of the day.

This is my HG foundation! For daytime at least, since there is SPF in it I wouldn't want to take flash photography pictures in it but I haven't had to cross that bridge quite yet. I also on MUFE HD which I would tend to use if I know pictures will be taken, but that's almost the only reason I even still have that foundation anymore.

The only other MAC skin product I own is moisturecover concealer in NW15 - on my skin, it looks orangey. On my under eyes though, it blends really well (likely because my undereyes are slightly blue so it evens out.) So I'd venture to say that NW15 is generally too dark for me, but shade 1.0 in Matchmaster, though it goes on a little pale, adjusts to my skin perfectly!

The coverage is medium, but I can build this foundation over my blemishes to achieve full coverage which is something I haven't found myself able to do with a foundation before. I do have to generally exfoliate and moisturize very well, as well as add a touch of moisturizer to the foundation before I apply it, but having dry skin this is how it's worked with pretty much every foundation I've ever used, so I'm used to it by now. The finish is a demi-matte which I think still looks natural on me because I'm so dry skinned anyway.

What really has me sold on this foundation though - it DOES NOT COME OFF unless I tell it to. Since I don't really combat oily skin, this stuff just doesn't budge. I've tested it through drinking, dancing, sweat, tears, sleeping - and my foundation will still look perfect 16 hours later. That's why this is my HG. I don't even use setting powder with it (hello dryness) I just use setting spray and honestly I don't even know that I need that over this foundation.

I haven't yet had any issues removing it off with soap, water, and a washcloth either. I love this foundation! It was worth every penny.

on 3/15/2013 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Neutral

To my brown skinned sisters: Stay away if you have yellow or golden undertones! An hour after application, my face took on this reddish hue. Shame because the finish is so natural :/