October 1, 2014 | 1864 users online

Liquid - MAC - Matchmaster SPF 15 Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2012 8:04:00 PM More reviews by kelsielilly

I used a foundation from MAC a year or so ago and I hated it. It felt thick but oily and was much to orange on my skin. After some research I had decided to try this one out. When I went to the store I tried the lightest shade on my hand and it matched perfectly. So I applied it to my face, and, to my surprise, it was perfect! I don't have to blend at my jawline even. Seamless colour match for me. It does have a little bit of a paint like smell but I love it. It applies evenly and covers my red pigmentation without getting rid of some of the small freckles and such I have. Medium coverage. A little expensive but much more affordable than the other route I was thinking of going. I LOVE this foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/9/2012 2:00:00 PM More reviews by Sanya45

I've been wearing MAC skin foundations and powders for probably 10 years, and I have to say that while the color I got with this particular product didn't match me perfectly, I did like the weight of the coverage over my acne prone skin, and the finish.

Now here's the bad-- recently I switched over to a new foundation (Benefit's Oxygen Wow Liquid Foundation) and discovered, much to my shock, that off of my MAC skin regimen-- my skin, for the first time in a decade, cleared up. Seriously. It really -WAS- MAC products that were breaking me out. So, while I know there are those who will always swear there are other reasons for breakouts on MAC products-- for all my girls having trouble kicking their bad skin and who've never abandoned their MAC foundations and powders, I say-- give it a try for a month and you might see a big change.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2012 4:44:00 PM More reviews by lissmorleyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Absolutely love this product. Accurate colour range, velvet to the touch on your skin and not a bad price for a foundation that works for me. Previously I tried studio fix but found the colours either too yellow or too orange. This is my all time foundation. Highly recommend.
UPDATE!
Ive been using this foundation for around 3 months and i love it. I switch between this and MAC pro longwear because i dont want my matchmaster to run out. Its lasted me since november and i have just purchased my second bottle. I just love this! Please dont hesitate to try. You wont be disappointed

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2012 7:05:00 PM More reviews by fragiles0ng

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

*crosses fingers* I think I've found a MAC foundation that works for me. After trying Select SPF and Studio Sculpt (both broke me out) and Studio Fix Fluid (couldn't find a great match -- the normal NW15 didn't work out for me), Matchmaster is working out great. The shade 1.0 seems really light and yellow when it goes on my skin, but once it blends in and sets, it's a perfect match. The coverage is buildable, too, which I like. One pump gives a nice, sheer coverage, enough to even out my redness when I'm having a pretty good skin day. Two pumps provides a more medium coverage, and three pumps I find is a bit too much. It also hasn't broken me out! Yay!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2012 6:09:00 AM More reviews by ct92

I've used a couple of samples of this, and loved it. Shade 1 is perfect for my pale skin, and the semi-matte finish looks nice. I found it easy to blend with my fingers, but didn't have a chance to try with a brush. I'll definitely look into buying this when I'm finished with my current bottle of foundation, despite the high price (AU$59.00).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2012 10:42:00 PM More reviews by UDMAC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I went to MAC to pick up my 4857th bottle of studio fix fluid and my usual SA asked if I had tried matchmaster. I said no since I thought foundations that that "adjust to your skintone" were all gimmicks but he insisted that I give it a try since "its like SFF but with a better finish, especially if youre oily". It gives less coverage than studio fix fluid but I like the natural finish of this better and the liquid really does adjust to your skin tone! it came out orange but once i started blending it, I could see the foundation turning lighter into my skintone. I also like that it already contains a pump unlike SFF and also contains the same SPF. it lasts just as long as SFF, maybe even longer since I dont get oily as fast and it doesnt break me out. I have found my everyday foundation :) Im a NC40 and my match was 5

UPDATE: this stuff oxidizes, will be returning to my studio fix fluid.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/16/2012 7:52:00 PM More reviews by MimiCakes88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It goes on perfect it makes my skin look amazing, but within 2-3 hours I get super oily, even with my routine to control my oil it doesnt work. It also turns a shade darker after a while. I still use it from time to time but I dont think I'll be repurchasing again...unless I find something that I can combine it with and it wont make me oily.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/14/2012 11:37:00 AM More reviews by kaylsy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

great foundation, less matte than SFF, better shade for my nc10 skin that nc15 sff is. Like the bottle but not the pump lid. Its a bit annoying i prefer the SFF pump. Another HG product from mac. Lasts all day.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/15/2012 8:48:00 AM More reviews by Haleemahx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have normal/dry skin and this foundation was quite matte, but it didn't dry out my skin and lasted all day, which is great. However, what i hated about this foundation was that it had so much sparkles in it, I don't think other people noticed the sparkles but I felt really uncomfortable with it on. What I usually love about Mac foundations is that they have a yellow undertone which looks nice on my skin colour seeing as I have an olive skin complexion, however I felt that my skin complexion looked abit grey and really dull whilst wearing this foundation.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2012 7:24:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wierd scent. Oxidises badly and gets even darker throughout the day, so sample first if you have oily skin. Shade 1 is even darker and more orange than NW15 so I don't recommend if you have very fair skin. Mac should consider putting out a NW 05 - NW 10 foundation to suit paler skin, there is a market out there!!