July 29, 2014 | 1900 users online

Liquid - MAC - Matchmaster SPF 15 Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2012 6:11:00 AM More reviews by Walko

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of the best I've tried. I use it in 1.5 which the mac girl picked for me. When I started to put it on it looked awful like yellow, but when blended in it's fine, lives up to its "matchmaster" name. I have no problems with this oxidising at all.Good at controlling oilies as well, as well as any I've found anyway.My previous favourite was the revlon colorstay which I still like, but what I hate about colorstay is it's a devil to remove. The Mac one reoves easier.Matchmaster looks very natural on, almost like you're not wearing much make up. I wouldn't say it is full coverage, best with colorstay for that. But this is a very good foundation. a little pricey but worth it.Wouldn't recommend for dry skin though.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2012 7:38:00 PM More reviews by beeeez

I've had this for a while now. One morning, I decided to go in my unused make-up drawer and found this lying there right in front of me and I thought MEH why not try it again (I forgot how it was for my skin). Right now I am using Hourglass Immaculate and it's the best mattifying liquid to powder foundation EVER for my very oily t-zone. But because it's so damn expensive (about $70.00CAD with tax), I wanted to look for an alternative and use the Hourglass for nicer occasions. So I tried this on...and it's summer right now. I must say, I'm surprised how it ACTUALLY keeps me matte hmmm pretty much ALL DAY. How did I forget! Why didn't I keep on using it?? Why is it in my drawer?!? The color actually matches me! I'm about a NC40-NC42 right now cause I got tanned (normally nc25-35 when pale), But my face fades really quick like 1 week quick, compared to the rest of my body (from exfoliating my face), so the foundation won't match my neck. If my face didn't fade, it will match my neck. I mean..this foundation DOES say Matchmaster right...so it will adjust to whatever color you have. REALLY GOOD foundation for oil control.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2012 10:00:00 PM More reviews by hootie2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am really liking this. I have the strangest skin on earth and this is not irritating it so far. I mix it with lotion because its very matte. Even with my oily skin it is very drying, which is nice for a change. Tired of oily face. The coverage is also a bit much for me, I like tinted moisturizers but couldn't find one that wouldn't break me out. I am crossing my fingers on this one. I wear nw/nc 20 and have this in 1.5 and its perfect.
Update: Broke me out. I haven't the heart to discuss it further.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/7/2012 12:11:00 AM More reviews by Sagehen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I thought this would be the answer to my prayers when MAC discontinued my fave foundation (StudioFinish in NW 45 and/or NC50). I was matched at a counter and of course the SA recommended the8.0. I took it and discovered that after several hours it oxidizes terribly dark and ruddy. I have also tried the 7.5 and it still looks "off". I am just trying to use the bottle I have and move on from this awful, overly expensive product.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2012 11:27:00 AM More reviews by xkudax

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this in 7.5. I'm an nc50 in studio fix. I was so excited about this foundation based on he description. By I'm afraid it's a fail for me. I've spent the last while looking for my HG foundation. Unfortunately this isn't it. The colour oxidises to a horrible red after a while. It melts off my face after like 2 hrs only regardless of how much I set it. Not impressed! It feels icky and transfers very easily. Never again. Thank god it didn't at least break me out!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2012 10:14:00 PM More reviews by aneesas

I always use MAC's select spf 15 foundation, but I heard it's discontinued, so I decided to try this one. It looks absolutely gorgeous. I look like doll wearing no makeup. I also have acne prone skin, and it hides my acne marks well. I just hope it doesn't make me breakout. If it does, I will write an update.
The only problem with me is the smell. I have a very strong sense of smell. so I can still smell it after 4 hours. But I guess that's the sacrifice i'll have to make to have amazing looking skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2012 5:00:00 AM More reviews by sophlizz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

After having a bad experience with MAC foundations, i decided to go into MAC & ask the makeup artist for some help, as i was determined to get a foundation that i would love. She recommended the new Matchmaster foundation, which is meant to match any skin tone perfectly. After buying it, i have just run out of my first bottle, which i've had for about 10 months. What i love about the foundation is that it really does match your skin, as soon as you blend it out, it just becomes the same colour of your skin. I never knew how fair skinned i was, as i have the concealer in NW15, the makeup artist matched me to the shade 1.0, which is the lightest, but like i said, it matches to your skin, so it warms up a bit and isn't so pale once it's on my skin. After reading reviews on it, here on makeup alley, many people say it's light to medium coverage, but i'd say more medium to heavy coverage, as it covers up everything on my face. I have combination skin, in which i still have to powder my face, but the foundation does help it. The only down side i have with the foundation is that, it is expensive and that sometimes it does give me dry skin, but overall, i really like it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2012 6:30:00 PM More reviews by MissEmpress

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this as my main liquid foundation for about 9 months now and I love it! It matches my complexion perfectly, it doesn't make you look super made up, just like you have naturally nice skin. I think the formula is a bit on the drier side -I'd describe it as a liquid foundation that looks like a powder when you put it on. If you have dry skin you probably need to moisturize A LOT or use Fix + before using this. I have normal to combination skin and it works for me, but I try to work quickly with it as it seems to dry quickly, making it harder to spread and blend. To help it blend you have to hydrate your skin or use the beauty blender sponge or any other moistened sponge applicator. But aside from that, it's my go to, day to day foundation. I'm in the market for another foundation that is more glamorous, when I want to look made up and dewy, as this is great, but it's for if you want to look more natural and I'd describe it as very matter. I suppose though you can build it up to give full coverage.

I also really like the packaging!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2012 12:07:00 AM More reviews by richellealexis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Update: Basically what it came down to is that the colour oxidizes badly. Like... really bad. I would only apply it to the areas that I really needed it and after a long day, it looked like I had perfectly painted circles on my face. If you're going to wear this foundation, you really need to wear it. Not good for oily skin types, I had heavy, cyst-like breakouts after a month of use.

If you are completely, 100% sold on buying this foundation, it is important to check a few things before spending the money:

*Not meant for oily skin types, better suited for dry
*Starts off matte, but at the end of the day it looks like you have smothered yourself in oil. it basically separates itself from the skin
*Be 100% certain on the colour. It oxidizes quite yellow.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2012 1:22:00 AM More reviews by linerfreakxx7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My first MAC purchase and my first high-end foundation :). So I have Dry-Combination skin and I told the sales assistant this so she picked this out (the most expensive MAC foundation at the store, of course). However, the sales assistant was very nice and taught me how to apply the foundation (yay! New application technique!). I absolutely love it! It's not as expensive as other high-end foundations and actually covers my acne without getting cakey. I bought the 1.5 (warm, I think? I thought I was cool toned), and even though the bottle looks orange, it's my perfect fit :) I'm so buying this again.