November 28, 2014 | 1425 users online

Liquid - MAC - Matchmaster SPF 15 Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2012 3:23:00 AM More reviews by jesuislesoleil

I love how well the foundation matches my skin, love how easy it is to blend with my foundation brush (or fingers) and its never made me break out like many of the other foundations i have tried over the years. The only reason i didn't give it a 5 is because it doesn't last as long as id like it to id say about 7-8 hrs into my day it starts to really kind of wear off. I don't use a primer though. I use my mineralize pressed finishing powder which leaved my skin looking super smooth with a matte finish ( just the way i like it!) i gave the packaging a 4 because i like it... but its kind of bulky. Would reccomend to someone who is looking for medium coverage ( it is buildable though!)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2012 8:43:00 PM More reviews by Dlrainer

This was my first MAC foundation and it did not disappoint! Doesn't break me out and lasts all day. No funny smell either. I love the pump applicator too. One pump does my whole face, and I've had it a year and still have half the bottle left. So even though it might seem expensive, it has lasted me a long time. Granted I don't wear a full face of makeup every day, but I'd say at least 3-4 data a week.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/25/2012 4:26:00 PM More reviews by NouraElhuzayel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Really ladies? I'm sorry to say that this product is not amazing, at ALL. I really really wanted to love this.

First off, one of my girlfriends brought it with her to Vegas & I forgot my foundation so I ended up using hers..at that time, I fell in love. I wore it both days that weekend and it was great..I thought. Maybe it was just the alcohol..

SO I came back to Cali (Vegas was even hotter than Cali at the time) and decided to buy the foundation..oh my god, AWFUL. I tried it numerous times with every kind of application. Primer & no primer, fingers, beauty blender, stippling brush, everything..At first, the foundation does look flawless and gives you nice coverage but a few hours in, I was a hot oily mess and it oxidizes like crazy! Keep in mind, I have combination skin..a little bit dryer than oily and I was an oil slick!! It felt like i was wearing a pound of makeup on my face by the end of the day and I HATE the feeling of makeup on my skin..to top it all off, it did break me out! I had such high hopes!

I'm currently using MAC Prolong Wear Foundation & I truly am in love! doesn't feel like anything is on my face and it keeps me oil free! Flawless! :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/23/2012 11:47:00 AM More reviews by Cynseer21

I am really sad to say i had to let this foundation go.......because i really do love its finish and texture and mos defiantly its coverage....

pros: awesome packaging , full coverage,last allllll day with caking up etc

cons:makes my dry flaky skin look and dryer and peeling textured
breaks me out after an hour of being on

Even though ive had problems with this foundation ive went back to it over and over again but its time to burry it because its not worth harming my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2012 4:09:00 AM More reviews by iLoveLife15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have very sensitive skin and I'm very pale, so I've always had trouble finding foundations suited for me. They were either too dark for my skin, or I broke out from using them. For me, personally, Matchmaster is the best foundation ever. I'm shade 1, and it matches my skin tone exactly. I have mild acne to begin with, but this product has not made it any worse. In fact, I've noticed that my face has been clearing up a little bit since using Matchmaster so I don't know if there's something in the ingredients that my skin is have a good reaction to or what, but that's a plus. Aside from that, it also has very decent coverage. It doesn't cause any blemishes to stand out more and in fact, it covers them up. I'm very impressed with this product and it's my new go-to foundation. My only complaint is that yes, the price is a little steep (at least for me, because I usually use drugstore brands) at $33.00, but to me, with the luck I've had with it, it's worth it. I definitely recommend giving this product a try!

UPDATE: I was reading other reviews on this product and noticed that a lot of people with dry skin had problems with this product. I do not have dry skin, and not every product is great for every skin type. However if you have combination - oily skin, this product is amazing!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2012 1:52:00 PM More reviews by monkeysss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

A MAC artist tried this on me yesterday when I stopped by my local MAC store. I find it to be of better quality than most drugstore foundations but not as lovely as my Lancome Teint Ultra Idole. It has medium, buildable coverage; I would need a concealer to help cover up my acne scars if I wanted my skin to look flawless. The finish of this foundation is pretty matte, but it wasn't obvious that I had it on (unless you looked at me up close). I usually wear either NW15 or NW20 in MAC foundations and found shade 1.0 of this foundation to be a little too light for me (the shades of this foundation run from 1.0 - 10 with some half shades included). If you're in my shade range you might benefit from trying 1.5. This product has good lasting power when set with a power, but it did dry me out a bit (and I have oily skin). I did not purchase this foundation and probably never will. Lancome still makes my HG foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/21/2012 2:40:00 AM More reviews by ashl0p

This foundation is MEH. I have a normal/combination skin type. I can get really oily on my T-zone and really dry on my cheeks & chin. I'm not always oily nor am I always dry, it just depends on how my skin is feeling. I also have very acne prone skin. I found that with this foundation, it doesn't really MELT into my skin neither does it set well, even when I go over it with my coty airspun loose powder, it somehow tends to set… tacky. It sort of clings on to my dry patches and does NOT look natural at all. Especially under broad daylight. Another thing, it photographs HORRIBLY. It has spf 15 in it? And it really shows in pictures. It's my first & last MAC foundation, hah.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2012 11:41:00 PM More reviews by Cayla29S

I'm usually not a big fan of MAC fdtn even though it's quite popular. I decided to get a sample of this since I never buy a full bottle of any brand of foundation unless i was absolutely sure of it. At first I was a bit hesitant to buy it but since I knew I could return it just in case I changed my mind I went ahead anyway.

I got the shade 6.0 as this was the best match. I have combination/oily skin but I love the finish of this. I would say that this is a light to medium coverage. I do set it with a loose powder otherwise I will get oily easily, It does last for a good 8 hrs but I do have to blot in 4 hrs. It does oxidize a little bit but as long as you start to get oily and start blotting it's fine.

I use my 187 Kabuki brush and this is easy to spread on the face. I use NARS Pro Prime as my primer. It has a liquid to powder finish. I should mention that it looks fine in pictures. I did not find that it gave me a ghost face in pictures at least with an iphone. I still have to test it out with a different camera in different lighting and see but for now I will continue to use the foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/12/2012 10:16:00 AM More reviews by LoveMariee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This foundation is ok.It's very heavy (duhh..MAC).The staying power is good and the coverage is good and you can build it up.My personal problem is that I have very fair skin so its soo heavy I turn orange lol...

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2012 8:04:00 PM More reviews by kelsielilly

I used a foundation from MAC a year or so ago and I hated it. It felt thick but oily and was much to orange on my skin. After some research I had decided to try this one out. When I went to the store I tried the lightest shade on my hand and it matched perfectly. So I applied it to my face, and, to my surprise, it was perfect! I don't have to blend at my jawline even. Seamless colour match for me. It does have a little bit of a paint like smell but I love it. It applies evenly and covers my red pigmentation without getting rid of some of the small freckles and such I have. Medium coverage. A little expensive but much more affordable than the other route I was thinking of going. I LOVE this foundation.