December 19, 2014 | 799 users online

Liquid - MAC - Matchmaster SPF 15 Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2013 1:43:00 AM More reviews by jessmichellex0

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ever since I tried this stuff at Mac, it's been my HG foundation! I am on about my 3rd or 4th bottle of this stuff now.I recommend this to people who have a problem with redness, such as myself, it says to be a medium coverage, and it is great with covering up any imperfections you may have. The only thing that is kinda steering me away from this product is that it has an orange tint to it. Other than that, it doesn't break me out, and it is very light.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2013 6:56:00 AM More reviews by dianaish

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Even thought I have just recently purchased a new foundation, I have used this in the past and I have to say this was the best color match for me, ( am #5 in this formula) bar none. Not drying or caking, no pimple when it was new to announce it/s arrival when I first started using it. I personally found it a bit heavy although I am partial to ultra sheer foundations or tinted moisturizers. I think this offers a lot to women who prefer a more medium- heavy foundations and it can be sheered out nicely with moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2013 1:45:00 AM More reviews by BritJoi

I have been a fan of MAC cosmetics before I was even allowed to wear them! My first purchase was the MAC Pro Longwear foundation (full coverage), I was in love! However, I didn't know much about makeup then and could not realize that the color was off from my neck and the "full coverage" look just gave me a cakey and "too much makeup" look to my skin. I have always been told that I don't need a lot of makeup, my skin is not as bad as I think (we are always our worst critics). I've never tried any other buildable (or light to medium coverage) foundations so my excitement for this may just be out of inexperience but I ABSOLUTELY LOVE the coverage this gives. It's so light on my skin and looks so natural. People are always looking to wonder if I have on makeup or not, my skin still looks FLAWLESS just without any product on it. I love that the 8.5 matches my skin tone completely (I was a NW45 or NW46 in Pro Longwear) and I use the MAC 187 Foundation brush and "buff" the foundation into my skin for a flawless, airbrush look. Definitely recommending this to anyone that listens and definitely buying again!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2013 3:38:00 PM More reviews by shalineko

This is my favorite foundation so far! Although the coverage is light-medium depending on method of application, I feel like this foundation really does a lot to match my skin tone, which is not an easy feat (I'm of east indian descent, but much lighter than most other indians). One tip: when applying this foundation in layers, wait a few seconds in between to allow it to dry and oxidize. Like all my foundations, I apply this with a stippling brush. As long as you properly remove this foundation, it should not cause break outs. I mix mine with bb cream to get my desired color and consistency.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2012 12:59:00 AM More reviews by hiiixox3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

For quite a while I have been wanting to try a MAC foundation. I have been wanting to try a name brand and reliable foundation. I have one MAC blush and love it so much since it's so pigmented, so I was hoping that a MAC foundation would cover my acne scars. I do have sensitive, dry skin so I tested this foundation at a MAC counter and was matched as a 5.0 (this foundation goes from 1.0 to, I believe, 10.0. As for what this shade is around? I'm an NC35). Anyway, I loved it! It was pigmented and didn't dry my skin! Plus, it did not break me out! It has a twist and pump style dispenser and you only need one pump (even that can be too much!). Now, as much as I like this foundation, I also found that I don't LOVE this foundation. It tends to oxidize and become quite dry/cakey looking throughout the day (even though it did not feel like it). You need to bring this foundation down the neck because once it oxidizes, you can tell where your foundation is. With that being said, I was satified enough with this foundation; however, I am thinking of trying other MAC foundations and seeing what my thoughts are of them. So, I will be repurchasing another MAC foundation; I just won't be repurchasing a MatchMaster foundation any time soon.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2012 11:26:00 PM More reviews by doris98

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this some time ago and have been using this regularly. I like that it looks natural, and covers most un-evenness pretty well. However, it doesn't last that long on me with my oily, rosacea-prone face. Which is why I probably won't buy it again with the myriad of other formulas out there. I do love though that someone commented that I didn't look like I had anything on when I wore this.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2012 6:42:00 AM More reviews by lovejessa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

I love this foundation, mostly because it doesn't break me out! And I think it looks really natural on the skin. I blend it in a lot and get a really nice finish, this is also good mixed in with moisturiser.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2012 3:23:00 AM More reviews by jesuislesoleil

I love how well the foundation matches my skin, love how easy it is to blend with my foundation brush (or fingers) and its never made me break out like many of the other foundations i have tried over the years. The only reason i didn't give it a 5 is because it doesn't last as long as id like it to id say about 7-8 hrs into my day it starts to really kind of wear off. I don't use a primer though. I use my mineralize pressed finishing powder which leaved my skin looking super smooth with a matte finish ( just the way i like it!) i gave the packaging a 4 because i like it... but its kind of bulky. Would reccomend to someone who is looking for medium coverage ( it is buildable though!)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2012 8:43:00 PM More reviews by Dlrainer

This was my first MAC foundation and it did not disappoint! Doesn't break me out and lasts all day. No funny smell either. I love the pump applicator too. One pump does my whole face, and I've had it a year and still have half the bottle left. So even though it might seem expensive, it has lasted me a long time. Granted I don't wear a full face of makeup every day, but I'd say at least 3-4 data a week.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/25/2012 4:26:00 PM More reviews by NouraElhuzayel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Really ladies? I'm sorry to say that this product is not amazing, at ALL. I really really wanted to love this.

First off, one of my girlfriends brought it with her to Vegas & I forgot my foundation so I ended up using hers..at that time, I fell in love. I wore it both days that weekend and it was great..I thought. Maybe it was just the alcohol..

SO I came back to Cali (Vegas was even hotter than Cali at the time) and decided to buy the foundation..oh my god, AWFUL. I tried it numerous times with every kind of application. Primer & no primer, fingers, beauty blender, stippling brush, everything..At first, the foundation does look flawless and gives you nice coverage but a few hours in, I was a hot oily mess and it oxidizes like crazy! Keep in mind, I have combination skin..a little bit dryer than oily and I was an oil slick!! It felt like i was wearing a pound of makeup on my face by the end of the day and I HATE the feeling of makeup on my skin..to top it all off, it did break me out! I had such high hopes!

I'm currently using MAC Prolong Wear Foundation & I truly am in love! doesn't feel like anything is on my face and it keeps me oil free! Flawless! :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No