December 22, 2014 | 1230 users online

Foundations - Tarte - Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full-Coverage Foundation SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2013 11:15:00 AM More reviews by captainkelly

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Definitely my favorite foundation. I think we've covered that its pretty expensive at almost $40, but compared to other foundations it spreads easily so I don't use much each time. The color fits me perfectly and blends in really well. I'll also say that I don't feel like its full coverage, however it does cover a lot of my acne without a setting powder. Best thing about it is that I don't feel it when its on, its pretty lightweight. My face gets really oily during the day and I usually have to blot at school but with this I never get super oily and it doesn't move. Price is a downer, but the product is amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2013 8:11:00 PM More reviews by malibu64

This is a great foundation. A little goes a long way. It is indeed full coverage, though I do still need concealer. Definitely not good for dry skin, as it does soak up oil. For my combination skin, this works well. Definitely need a primer, and for my t-zone, I need to set with Mineral Veil. Not 100% sure I'll repurchase but it is definitely possible. It lasts all day.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2013 8:38:00 PM More reviews by Arifishface

No other foundation has given my skin as natural of a finish as this one. It's my go to foundation when recommending products for customers to try. The airbrush finish brush is a MUST for applying this creamy foundation. If I don't set it with powder it does ten to get a little slick but I'm okay with that trade off for all I it's wonderful benefits. The only downside is the price, if I didn't get it discounted for working at a beauty store I'm not sure how inclined I would feel about repurchasing every 2 months but I am absolutely delighted by this product. Always getting compliments on how pretty my skin looks. Even my boyfriend noticed!!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/19/2013 9:45:00 PM More reviews by Deim

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

When I bought this, I was looking for a foundation that would be full-coverage, matte finish, didn't break me out, and stayed put all day. Bought it. Cost $40. Ugh. Tried it, didn't immediately hate it, but after a few months, I thoroughly dislike it.

HOWEVER, for me, it didn't cover anything. Not my pimples, freckles, dark circles, acne scars, nothing. What it does is makes the skin around your problem areas a different color. It evens my skin tone but it is cakey. I guess the cakiness depends on how much you put on your face. Coverage isn't that buildable either. It does feel really good on your skin and I did not have a problem with irritability. It didn't break me out. It glides like soft butter. The texture is smooth and you can tell that there is actual clay in it without being grainy or rough. Very interesting because I feel like it is so smooth, it becomes slick so it won't stay in one place. Now, onto the finish. I guess if you have dry skin, it would bring a dewy finish, but I have very oily skin and it made me look disgusting even after an hour. At the end of the day, I couldn't wait to get that crap off my face. It made me feel dirty. It doesn't melt into your skin. It sits on the top and you can tell you are wearing foundation. It does not stay put. It doesn't matter how much powder you use to "set it", it will move into all your fine lines, wrinkles, and creases in your face that you didn't even know existed. It will make you look older. It comes off so easily. I tried blotting my face to get rid of the oiliness and half of it come off. If you need a reliable foundation, keep it moving because this was $40 worth of useless mud.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/18/2013 1:05:00 AM More reviews by lovelyyww

had high hopes for this makeup but it didn't do it for me made me oily and looks cakey returned!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2013 5:49:00 PM More reviews by CMarie92

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation. The coverage is great and not too heavy. I have actually been impressed with most of Tarte's Amazonian clay product line. This foundation has lasting power and I usually don't need any touch ups trough out that day. The color is also a perfect match. I'm a foundation junkie and I can safely say this has been my HG everyday foundation for the last 4 months. That might not sound like much but I typically don't use anything longer then a few weeks. The packaging is really cute as well and I like that it is a squeeze tube because it is more sanitary.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2013 8:55:00 PM More reviews by Connorsmom05

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this foundation!! I change foundations frequently because I always think there is something better out there. This is the best one I've tried in a while. I have very oily and acne prone skin and it doesn't break me out at all. I put a layer of this on my face using the Tarte foundation brush and then I apply a light layer of the Tarte Airbrush powdered foundation over it. I also use the Tarte powder as a concealer on darker areas. Both of these together make my skin look airbrushed but not fake. I use Light Neutral in the liquid and Fair Light Neutral in the powder. I have a true neutral skintone and this matches it perfectly!! For reference, I use Buff in Revlon Colorstay and Ecru in EL Double Wear.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2013 2:51:00 AM More reviews by AMSClassic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

LOVE!!! Long lasting, not cakey, not oily, NOT heavy feeling at all. I put off trying this foundation for about a year because I have pretty clear skin and figured it would be heavy. Omg, this stuff is amazing, it makes me look ten years younger. And it's not heavy feeling or heavy looking (!) at all. Everyone should try this. I will repurchase as long as they make it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2013 11:03:00 PM More reviews by erikanicole76

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I received this in a swap awhile ago, and I see why so many have recommended this.. It's awesome!
It's easy to work with, you can build up the coverage and didn't leave my face cakey, oily or blotchy. I applied this with the infamous sigma f80 and it gave me a fresh airbrushed face that lasted me all day. I did set it with a powder as I have oily skin, but some foundations still leave my skin oily but this definitely didn't. I'm extremely impressed and would totally repurchase it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2013 10:05:00 PM More reviews by apkeating

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Got a full tube of this in a swap and I have to say, I'm impressed. It's VERY full coverage. That being said, I have dry, clear skin with only the occasional blemish. I generally prefer "dewier" foundations but this one is a bit matter. Its pretty thick and great for days/occasions when I need or want more coverage (photos). I apply this with fingers (as I do all my foundations, I find foundation brushes a massive pain) and it gives a really even coverage and the Medium shade is a PERFECT match for my NC30-35 skin. It's not too yellow either, though, which is GREAT. I love this, and it might be the backup to my Vitalumiere.