September 30, 2014 | 1834 users online

Moisturizers - Desert Essence - Jojoba Oil - 100% pure

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2011 3:01:00 PM More reviews by SarcasmCynical

This is the ONLY moisturizer that doesn't clog my pores horribly. I know we're all brainwashed to believe that Oil is bad for your face, but as science will tell you, sebum (oil) is the perfect protection for skin (some of us just make waaaaay too damn much). It is very important to note that if you don't mix it with water (I.E. Wet face or hands) it will make your face drier (I know, totally weird). It really doesn't take very much either, just one to two drops (maybe more depending on how dry your skin is). If you over do it, your face will be shiny. I like how it smells too, kind of like toasted nuts. It is kind of expensive ($8 for 4oz), but it's cheaper than other things and will last forever if used sparingly.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2011 7:07:00 PM More reviews by channingto

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

Tried this all over my face.. I didn't break out but had little bumps right under my eyes at the top of my cheekbones. This was the only new thing added to my regimen and when I stopped using it, they went away. That wasn't permanent, so it's fine, but this iddn't do anything for my skin. It didn't make my flaky skin go away or make my face any more hydrated. Also tried a little on my hair and I had the hardest time washing it out and my hair was so darn greasy until I could get it all out, and after, my hair wasn't any better than what I had started with. Bummer.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2011 11:36:00 PM More reviews by ymseller

I decided to try Desert Essence Jojoba Oil after reading so many positive reviews. I was looking for a cheaper alternative to Caudalie's Premieres Vendanges Moisturizing Cream, and this oil proved to be the perfect all-natural, affordable, light facial moisturizer. For my combination skin, it's best to put on immediately after showering. I like to use about two drops and massage it on my slightly damp face in a circular motion. If I don't massage it, I find that it sits on my skin like a film and takes a while to absorb. The oil has made my pores shrink, and I haven't had any breakouts (save for a few PMS-related pimples).

I also like to use it daily on my upper back and shoulders to treat back acne (immediately after showering). I've been doing this for about a month and have noticed that my back has become extremely smooth with smaller pimples (if they appear at all). Past scarring is still there, but the oil definitely helps with lightening scars.

As others have mentioned, the only con is that the pop-top bottle makes it difficult for small doses. Minor inconvenience. Overall, beyond-excellent product for an affordable price ($10 at Whole Foods for 4 oz compared to my previous $35 moistuzer).

rated 1 of 5 on 11/13/2011 9:22:00 PM More reviews by hellohello0o00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Update:

USE THIS OIL IF YOU WANT TONS OF CLOGGED PORES!! This did not work for me at all. I have oily skin with acne as a result of clogged pores, and this oil only further exacerbated my symptoms 100 times more! At first I didn't notice the effect, but after looking at my skin from natural lighting I could see numerous little bumps. I do have to admit that it controlled my oily skin though.

Old Review: I started using this product a few days ago. And guess what? NO more clogged pores!! I have suffered from clogged pores the longest time and can always literally get stuff out using my extractor every night. However, since I have started using this product (and I changed my cleanser to Purpose Gentle Cleanser), I said GOODBYE to clogged pores. Not a SINGLE pore was clogged. However, I am experiencing whiteheads right now, which I was aware of because of the purging process. Hopefully, my skin can become clear after 2 weeks. Will update when I get great skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2011 6:00:00 PM More reviews by Freyamarie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Jojoba oil has done for me what no cream has ever been able to: It's made the dry/oily, sensitive, acne-prone mess that is my skin so, so much better.

This is now the only skincare I use. I use a few drops on wet skin morning and night, and already within the first few weeks I saw a huge improvement: It improved my skin to the point where I don't even have to use powder anymore, which is nothing short of a miracle.

This is not the same as putting eg. olive oil on your face - jojoba oil sinks in very quickly, leaving no residue. Jojoba oil is actually a wax, and it's very similar to skin's own sebum so it makes sense that it balances both oily and dry skin without clogging pores. Please note though, you're supposed to use this on WET skin. If used on dry skin, it can actually dry out the skin even more.

I've never tried this particular brand, but like someone else said, the brand probably doesn't matter as long as it's organic 100% jojoba oil.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2011 8:16:00 PM More reviews by StacyElizabeth

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Jojoba oil. I love you. :D
You do so much for me!
Remove any stubborn makeup,
Cleanse my pores,
Relieve an itchy dry winter scalp,
Moisturize and heal dry skin (knees, elbows, heels, etc.),
and so much more.
I just wanted to let everyone know all the things that you do, and hopefully you can help them out as well!
Ladies, it's cheap, it is a MULTI-TASKER. It does 293480932 different things in one bottle. Um, that works for me. :3
I'm: An Oilllyyyy skinned girl, with extremely oily hair. My skin is relatively okay, except for those horrible hormonal breakouts. I use this to remove my makeup in the shower (get your face wet first) and it works on any kind of mascara I wear. :D I like to put jojoba oil on my neck, knees, feet, etc etc everywhere! The steam of the shower kinda' makes the oil sink in more (or at least that's what I tell myself.. XD) and it gives you a pretty luxurious feel.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/25/2011 6:51:00 PM More reviews by moonwave11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm a little iffy about jojoba oil. I read all these great reviews about it as a moisturizer on MUA but when I used it as such, I just didn't like it. Of course, it's just a pool of oil sitting on top of your face. Oil doesn't really soak into anything and I didn't like that feeling of having oil just sit on my face. I don't know why I was expecting it to be different from natural facial oil. I know it's supposed to be good for your skin but I just didn't like using it as a facial moisturizer. On the plus side, it was great for removing makeup and for moisturizing the ends of my hair. I have to reconsider whether I'd repurchase this for those reasons since it is a bit pricey.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/25/2011 1:58:00 AM More reviews by Min90

I've been using jojoba oil as a moisturizer each night for maybe about a month or so. At first it made me break out quite badly for a couple weeks but I persisted. I can't say it has cleared up my skin, but my skin is definitely a lot more hydrated. Less oily too. I guess I will keep at it, perhaps it will take another month to clear up.
Also, this is great for hair. I rub a little into the ends each night and the next day my hair is so shiny and smooth.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2011 4:06:00 PM More reviews by jaqi16

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this yet. This is my favorite facial and skincare product! It gives me the perfect amount of moisture (1 drop in the AM and 2 drops in the PM for the face), I wear this either under (in the AM SPF) or mixed in with (in the PM night cream). It never breaks me out, it leaves me with super soft, blemish-free skin. I also mix it with various body lotions. It's like my secret skincare weapon.

I took it out of the bottle it came in and put it in a dropper bottle, which I highly suggest if you just need a little at a time. It lasts me a long time since I only use a little at a time.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2011 7:59:00 PM More reviews by Carmyn515

I use jojoba oil as a daily moistirizer on my face. I use about five drops and mix it with water, then apply it on my face and throat. I've noticed my pores look smaller and I can skip my loose powder. Yay! I love it. All I have to do is blot my skin with tissue and it looks like I'm wearing makeup because my skin looks better!