July 24, 2014 | 1247 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2013 3:37:00 AM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

For reference: nc25-27, yellow warm undertones

This foundation is pretty good for a drugstore product. I picked this up in 200 soft beige, which is a bit too light for my skintone but bronzer helps out. Medium coverage: little goes a long way!!! This product is a bit thick but easy to blend. this foundation has a semi-matte finish. Doesnt set fast. I mainly powder in my t-zone and just lightly powder the rest of my face. Has a floral scent and comes In a squeeze tube. I would repurchase in my correct shade.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/27/2013 5:40:00 PM More reviews by cyberseraphim

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a $7(there abouts) medium coverage foundation that I'll buy simply because it's the best of it's type for its price range. But, I don't love this product. Here's why:

Currently, I've been using this foundation (for the second time) only because I'm in a bind. My HG foundation, Kat von D's lock-it foundation in light 44, has been out of stock as of late and I hate every other foundation I've ever tried.

This Rimmel foundation is cheap, and has a build-able coverage. Apply an all over layer, then apply another layer where you need more coverage. I do find that this foundation transfers a little, but it's nothing horrible and I won't stop use because of it.

I use the lightest shade in 100 and it's the wrong color. It's too dark and orangy. I have a more beige undertone and I have the worst time finding a foundation to match me. It's not a super huge deal, I'm a rockstar and I powder and contour and blush and highlight until I look good, but what a waste of time. If I swatched this "light" shade, you'd think I picked a solid medium, it's not light by any means. Yes, it blends out to slightly lighter, but yikes, not even close, really.

Also, I'm lucky if this stuff stays on my face for 12 hours, let alone 25. I realize that it's not to be taken literally, but I can definitely see a huge difference from when I put it on in the morning to when I see myself in the afternoon. I moisturize, exfoliate, apply primer (currently testing out Rimmel, Smashbox, tarte, bare minerals, and hard candy to find my HG primer), and I set my foundation with a powder. Regardless, this doesn't blow me away, but I'm stuck with it. Hurry up, Sephora, restock my Kat von D foundation, I'm dying here!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2013 10:06:00 PM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I took advantage of a sale at Shoppers Drug Mart and got several Rimmel products, including this foundation.
My initial thoughts:

Texture and Finish:
The texture and consistency is somewhat on the thick side, although it's far from pancake makeup.
This foundation gives medium to full coverage so if you like a sheer look, this one isn't for you.
There is a particular fragrance but nothing I can't tolerate.

Durability:
After nearly 8 hours of wearing this stuff, the coverage is still decent with minimal shine breakthrough. (I'm trying out the Stay Matte powder which is probably helping)

I do notice some dry patches on my chin and right cheek, which are prone to dryness. (hormonal acne on the chin)
I wouldn't recommend this foundation for drier skin types. It seems best for normal to slightly combination or slightly oily skin types.

Overall, I like this foundation for the smooth finish it gives me although I'll get better use in the summer when my skin gets oilier.
The colour selection is mediocre but if you can find your shade, this is a good bargain to try out.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2013 2:19:00 PM More reviews by Newmommy2011

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I think, after 2 bottles and many months of use, it is safe to say I have found my HG foundation. Here are my reasons for making such a bold declaration:

Skin type: Oily. Plain and simple. Revlon CS can't make it 6 hours on this face, but Rimmel lasting finish has gone 12+ hours and still looked ::almost:: as good as when first applied.
Color: 103 is the same color as my skin. I have NEVER found this good of a shade match in 15 years of wearing makeup.
Coverage: Insane!! I have acne scars and redness that disappear when I use this stuff. Do be careful not to over apply, as you will end up with cake face.
Price: Dirt cheap, especially when you can find a coupon or a decent sale. I don't think I've paid full price for it yet.

Others have mentioned that they did not care for the packaging, but I rather like it. It is travel friendly, hygienic and easy to control the amount dispensed. Yes, the shade range is limited, but if you can find a match and are looking for a full coverage foundation, I would highly recommend giving this a try!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2013 7:45:00 PM More reviews by fizzaypop

Surprisingly this acts as a great undereye concealer, mainly because of it's staying power. I layer this on top of my under eyes and I'm great for the whole day. Beats any concealer I've purchased (and I'm a concealer junkie!) give it a try.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/11/2013 7:38:00 PM More reviews by berrycurious

The tube packaging is bad! If you lay it on it's side or upside-down, the product will come out everywhere inside the lid, resulting in a lot of product wasted. So keep it upright (lid up) to avoid this problem.

***Update: Even with vigorous scrubbing, I can't remove this foundation completely from my face. Probably due to the heavy amount of silicones in it. Wahh!

It does indeed accentuate my flakes. My face looks horrible 3 hours after applying a quarter-size amount with a foundation brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2013 2:20:00 PM More reviews by SeeAndBelieve

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Overview on my skin-
Mac-nc35
Revlon Photoready-Golden Beige or Medium Beige
Very yellow-golden-beige undertoned skin, more on the medium side rather than tan
Combination skin, but peels and flakes when it gets too dry
Okay, so first of all I'm really liking this foundation, especially its price: $7 at Target! Haha, it has really yellow pigmentation, but not Simpsons yellow like some MAC foundations. Very matte!! Sometimes too matte which makes the foundation hard to blend, but overall, a great foundation. The coverage is AMAZING! I used to have some acne and kinda burned my skin by using toothpaste which left dark scars, but this foundation covers it really well. Plus it looks pretty natural, which is awesome. I definitely reccomend!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2013 11:39:00 PM More reviews by BoxesoFoxes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I absolutely swear by this foundation! I'm very pale with constantly red cheeks (runs in my family :[) and this is one of the only foundations that totally covers the redness. And, for once, I found a foundation that perfectly matches my skin!
It feels a little sticky at first, but goes on evenly and doesn't leave your face feeling sticky or ruin any powder application.

It covers so well, that when I'm in a rush, I don't even apply powder with it. I have never used a foundation on myself that didn't require any powder to even my color out.

It really lasts all day too, even when I sweat and wipe my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2013 10:37:00 PM More reviews by agomez10

My go to foundation is Revlon Colorstay ( 200 nude) I decided to give this a try because I want a cheaper foundation to use on days I'm not doing much and don't want to waste the colorstay for a few hours of being out. So... I heard such good things about this.. I decided to give it a go... I'm not very into Rimmel products so I wasn't expecting much.. I love the coverage and I love the lasting power. However I do believe it applies dry so you have to have a well moist surface. Also it has a sticky feel to it especially after a few hours.. Kinda feels like omg.. I need to wash my face LOL I'm not a very oily person.. This is the only down side to it.. I would buy it again... but..... I wouldn't use it in the summer that would probably just make the sticky worse. It's not so sticky to where its like OMG this is horrible. I put it on today around 9am and it's now 8pm so that many hours and its just now starting to feel sticky, It did what I needed it to do for the day... but I am very impressed wit the coverage..... I would say the coverage is the next best thing to colorstay. In the Rimmel I got 200 and I'm a 200 in colorstay perfect color match!

EDIT: STOPPED USE BECAUSE IT STARTED BREAKING ME OUT!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2013 2:27:00 PM More reviews by PrettyMichy69

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for acouple of months now and I absolutely LOVE IT!!! If you love a dewy/refreshed look then this is PERFECT!! The packaging is ok, I've seen better but by far, one of the best foundations Ive used in a while!