Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

3.7

Aqua/Water/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl PEG, PPG 10, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Talc, Silica Silylate, Sodium PCA, C12 15 Alkyl Ethylhexanoate, Magnesium Sulfate, Zinc Stearate, Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Acrylates, C12 22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Bis PEG, PPG 14, 14 Dimethicone, Laureth 7, Lecithin, Tribehenin, Amodimethicone, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Phenoxyethanol, Trihydroxystearin, Dimethiconol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Parfum (Fragrance), Xanthan Gum, Propylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylene Carbonate, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Laureth 4, Sodium Sulfate, BHT, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methlyproprional, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Geranoil, Alpha Isomethyl, Ionone, Citronellol, May Contain (+/-):, Titanium Dioxide Cl 77891, Iron Oxides ( CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) (Feburary 2015, glass bottle with red cap ingredients) - titanium dioxide, octinoxate, water, cyclopentasiloxane, butylene glycol, cetylpeg/ppg-10/1 dimethicone, talc, trimethylsiloxysilicate, sodium pca, silica silylate, C12 15 Alkyl ethylhexanoate, magnesium sulfate, zinc stearate, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, acrylates/C12-22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, BisPEG/PPG-14/14 dimethicone, amodimethicone, laureth 7, lecithin, tribehenin, disteardimonium hectorite, phenoxyethanol, trihydroxystearin, chlorphenesin, dimethiconol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, xanthan gum, fragrance, pentylene glycol, tocopheryl acetate, propylene carbonate, hydroxyethyl cellulose, glycerin, citric acid, fructose, sodium hydroxide, urea, laureth-4, hexyl cinnamal, limonene, butylphenyl methlyproprional, allantoin, maltose, sodium chloride, sodium lactate, sodium sulfate, trehalose, benzyl salicylate, linalool, geraniol, bht, citronellol, alpha-isomethyl ionone, glucose, sodium hyaluronate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, iron oxides

I love love love this product! The price is not bad at all and it works wonders. I'm in the shade 102 warm ivory, it matches my skin tone very well and usually foundations have an odd smell but this foundation smells really good! I have been using this for I think a year and a half and iv'e had no problems. I apply it with a flat foundation brush and it spreads evenly:) Would definitely repurchase!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This has been my go-to foundation for about 6 years, and I really can't say enough about it. Is it cheap? Yes. But that's just one of many fine attributes:

- The IVORY (lightest) shade suites my fair skin to a "T"
- The consistency is such that it can go on light, or heavy depending on how much you use and how much coverage is needed
- I've never broken out from it (and I was still in my teens when I started wearing it)
- Affordable! And you get your money's worth because a little goes a long way
- I've gotten nothing but compliments on my skin when I wear it

Be warned: This is NOT a matte-fying foundation, it's meant to be worn under plenty of powder. I apply it, then dab on either loose or pressed powder. The effect is surprisingly natural-looking if done right. Keep in mind there aren't a ton of shades available.. if you are even a little pale-skinned, like me, the safest option is to get the lightest shade. That way you can always brighten up with a little bronzer after.

on 12/28/2013 11:12:00 PM

I'll be honest....I purchased this purely because it was the cheapest (long wearing) foundation I could find when I was on a tight budget. Because if this I wasn't expecting miracles but I was expecting something better (I've used & liked rimmel products previously).
I have applied this makeup with my fingers, a sponge, a foundation brush & a stippling brush.....all fails! I found this to be very minimal coverage & not very buildable. It failed to even out skintone at all to the point I was having to cover most of my face in concealer. On busy days even though the coverage was non existent I found the colour transferred very easily if my face touched anything. By the end of the day my skin was an uneven mess with dried flakey foundation stuck to the dry bits. Would not recommend or repurchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is, in my opinion, a dupe for EL Double Matte (no longer available, but I loved it in the day). Rimmel Lasting Finish has great reviews from the over-40 ladies, and for good reason: The coverage is medium-to-full, non-oily (in fact, it's a little on the drier side), blends well and hides pores (I recommend using a dry stippling brush for application - Real Techniques makes a good one). The color: Someone on this board mentioned that she is Sand Beige in Revlon Colorstay (Normal/Oily), and 103 True Ivory is a dead-on match - she is exactly right, as that's what I wore in CS and 103 is perfect. The colors in the tube appear much darker, so don't let that discourage you from trying it. The staying power of this stuff is superb, I don't get very oily at all, and it does seem to slightly firm skin and give a soft-focus finish. It also has "aqua primer" in it, so I decided to skip ALL pre-makeup steps this morning (moisturizer and primer), since I'm still pretty oily at 46 and guess what? It looks even BETTER without that stuff under it! I let it dry down before lightly dusting skin with loose powder. Be careful with the powder- using a puff to "push" it into the skin can start making this stuff look heavy, and can make the shade darker on the skin. Love, love, love! Goodbye Revlon and Cover Girl (both more $$), I'm sticking with this!!

on 12/27/2013 9:24:00 PM

I put this foundation on with a damp sponge, and it works beautifully for me that way. Dry or with a brush it feels very cakey and heavy on. For the price, I think it's great! With a damp sponge the coverage is just right, and shade 200 is almost a perfect match, which is hard for my skintone at the drugstore. It lasts around 6 to 8 hours with primer and setting spray (which I have to do with every foundation as I start out a little dry and get oily throughout the day. Also, it feels similar to Colorstay but doesn't break me out! I have repurchased and will continue to do so!

on 12/27/2013 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

the foundation is really good it looks very nice on my skin and the foundation is easy to take off of stays on all day and night its perfect for school,college,uni and partying I love it o always buy it but it is a bit pricey its £7.99 wish it would be cheaper tbh in other places its £5.00

on 12/27/2013 12:36:00 PM

This product was pretty cheap and it offers good medium to full coverage. It does feel a little heavy, but I like to mix my moisturizer with it so that way it's not as heavy and it's more of heavy coverage tinted moisturizer (good for school). I have this is the shade 200 soft beige (nc 25-30) and it matches pretty well. I recommend this product ;)

on 12/9/2013 1:10:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Skin background: I have normal skin and sometimes get dry patches from acne. ~NC20 in MAC. I have a lot of dark spots on my cheeks that I want covered, with occasional acne as well.

The shade range sucks. I have this foundation in Ivory, which is the lightest shade. It is slightly too dark for my skin, but I can make it work. The packaging (plastic squeeze tube) is not bad, although it can get messy especially if the foundation is new since product can spew out if you're not careful. I apply this with a brush, and usually I have good coverage with one layer on my face and an extra thin layer on my problem areas. It gives a natural-looking finish on the skin and does not appear cakey at all, which I love. Most full coverage foundations have a tendency to look very cakey and overdone on me, but this is a perfect compromise. The lasting power is great too. I do top this off with a powder, but it lasts for my entire day and then some. Not sure how this would work on girls with oilier skin (not very mattifying).

This is such a great foundation for me. I love the finish, lasting power, and coverage. I only wish I could find a perfect match for my skin tone, otherwise it's perfect.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

First off, this was my first foundation I ever used. It wasn't bad, gave light to medium coverage, but that's about it. I went to target and the color selection was awful, so I ended picking up a shade too light (200 soft beige), bummer. Also, I gave it 3 stars because for me, the packaging is so frustrating! I only squeeze a little and a whole glob starts spurting out, and I ended up wasting a lot of foundation that was good for at least 7 more applications! I am definitely not repurchasing and hope to find a better foundation soon.

EDIT: 3/8/14
Also, this clings to dry spots so badly when I tried to give it another shot. It kinda makes me look like I have foundation on... thumbs down.

EDIT: 4/4/14
I also didn't like how this felt on my face. It feels weird & I can't really describe it.

on 12/5/2013 11:53:00 PM

I used a buffing brush to apply this foundation and it went on pretty well. It also wore well throughout the day.

The only problem I had was taking it off. I couldn't use my cleanser like usual to take off this foundation. It just came off in clumps and onto my hands. Even when I went to wash it off my hands with soap, there was still a lot of residue. I also tried to wash it off my brush and that took forever too. It wouldn't come off with just soap and water. You really need an oil-based cleanser to get this off.