Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye Recovery Complex

3.1

Water (Aqua Purificata) Purified, Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Polysilicone-11, Bidifa Ferment Lysate, Isopentydiol, Petrolatum, Sucrose, Isoprypyl Jojobate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Extract, Poria Cocos Extract, Trehalose, Betula Alba (Birch) Extract, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Extract, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile), Algae Extract, Yeast Extract (Faex), Caffeine, Morus Nigra (Mulberry) Root Extract, Cholesterol, Sodium RNA, Linoleic Acid, Hodrogenated Lecithin, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Potassium Sulfate, Dimethicone Copolyol, Phytosphingosine, Butylene Glycol, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Squalane, Jojoba Alcohol, Polysorbate 80, Polysorbate 40, Isohexadecane, Tromethamine, BHT, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Iron Oxides

on 11/17/2006 4:08:00 PM

EDIT: I changed my mind. I got this in a GWP when I bought my moisturizer. Well, I gave it another shot because, ya know, it was free. It worked SO well for me this time around! It really helped with my dark circles. I will admit that it is really not moisturizing enough for me in the winter, but I REALLY enjoy wearing less concealer under my eyes. I can't figure out why it works for me now and not before. Maybe I had a bad bottle the first time. I really plan to buy this again... I think, if it continues working so well. ORIGINAL REVIEW: This gave me milia and didn't really moisturize or assist in any "eye recovery" for me.... and I used to work for Lauder.

I used this for years. I really can't say anything negative about it. The only reason I stopped using it was it just didn't seem to be moisturizing enough for me once I hit 35. I found it did more for puffiness and dark circles than fine lines, but other than that no complaints.

on 9/28/2006 7:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I'm on my second bottle, and plan to continue my Neutrogena Healthy Skin Eye Cream (day) and ANR (night) routine for an extended period of time. The texture is a strange one, not watery (that will absorb well), but slight glue-y that makes me wonder how they can work on the skins. Anyway, I do believe they are working to a degree - the aging process in the under-eye area is slow enough that makes me believe that ANR is effective. During the day, I do need a lighter product as in the morning I rush everything and want to include eye make-up. ANR does not seem to be working that way for make-ups.

on 9/27/2006 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Not impressed with this product. The ingredient seems to list a high amount of vit c but still.... You are better off using the Advanced night repair.

on 9/7/2006 2:48:00 AM

What I like: consistency and cool feeling of the gel. it goes on like smooth satin... I'm not sure if this is effective because I am 23, asian, and am using eye cream as a preventative measure. I don't really see any fine lines around my eyes quite yet.

What I dont like: the glass container is heavy and dipper thing is a bother to use - the way its packaged makes the gel hard to reach.

on 7/6/2006 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is by far the best eye cream in the world! It is not only an eye cream that protects daily, but it also repairs past damage done to the eye area as well. It helps with puffiness, dark circles, and lines. When I run out I can tell with in a day or 2. I have been using this for over a year & can not be with out it! pat don't rub around the eye bone with ring finger.

Skin Type: Combination to Oily, Gender: Male, Age Range: 20-30. Overall Rating: 2 I started using this treatment as my introduction to the Estee Lauder line and sadly, I am not impressed. It sits around the eye area without sinking in and I see no effect nor difference around my eye area despite over 3 month of continuous usage. The texture of this gel cream is not aversive yet it feels slightly oily to touch with a slightly acidic smell. Price: 3 $65.00 CDN is what I paid for this product which I consider to be mid range considering my La Prairie products costs more. I do not mind spending the money as long as it does something but any price is considered expensive if a product fail to deliver what is promises. For the same price, you are better off with Chanel's Age Deley Eye Rejuvination Eye Gel. Packaging Quality: 4 This product comes in a small brown jar which means little to no waste and the applicator ball wraps around just the right amount once it is dipped into the jar. This is the only product I have ever tried from Estee Lauder and the result or lack thereof has left me unimpressed with a line that is considered by many to be a leader in cosmetic creams. Based on this product's performance I will not be repurchasing.

on 6/16/2006 3:30:00 PM

OMG - 7th ingredient is PETROLEUM - sooo disappointed in EL

on 5/16/2006 12:37:00 AM

Why I bought it:
(1) Had a good experience with the Night Repair serum (for face), so I thought this one would be good
(2) tried this one out, along with Idealist eye serum.

Observation:
(1) Don't like the packaging and dipper. The amber glass is good but rather heavy to carry around on trips. About the dipper, it gets messy and it needs to be cleaned after each application! I wish it comes in an amber glass bottle, but with a pump fitted on top. Sigh.
(2) it's silky when it goes on, then it turns velvety and gradually disappears into the skin. After a couple of minutes, you can feel your eyelids are dewy but not oily. I love how it feels on my eyes
(3) my troubleshooter cream for early-setting smile lines (just about to turn 22 yet have lines already! my goodness... probably I should look for another career path.) It works the magic within 2 days.
(4) since it does the line-erasing trick on fresh-setting lines, I tend to gloop out more than I need for my eye area... then spread the reminder to my smile/frown lines, neck area, and anything else that needs a little bit of TLC.

Decision:
I don't think this is the HG of eye creams, but it performs for its price, so I have nothing much to complain about. Still on the lookout for an eye cream that suits me best. Until then, will keep re-buying (hopefully it comes in a better packaging, though...)

on 4/16/2006 10:19:00 PM

I received this as a gwp and tried it for about 2 weeks for fine lines under my eyes and crow's feet. I'm 32 and just starting to really notice lines forming around my eyes. This stuff made them worse! I noticed lines that were not there until I started using this stuff. I applied it before bedtime and woke up to dry wrinkled eyes. I will definately not use this again. I prefer Burt's Bee's Repair Serum. Thirty-two is a hard age to find a good eye product. Too old for moisture only and too young for firming and tightening. I'll stick with Burt until I find my HG eye cream.