November 22, 2014 | 908 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Estee Lauder - Advanced Night Repair Eye Recovery Complex

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2006 3:08:00 PM More reviews by alexplot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Not impressed with this product. The ingredient seems to list a high amount of vit c but still.... You are better off using the Advanced night repair.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2006 2:48:00 AM More reviews by lilxdreamy

What I like: consistency and cool feeling of the gel. it goes on like smooth satin... I'm not sure if this is effective because I am 23, asian, and am using eye cream as a preventative measure. I don't really see any fine lines around my eyes quite yet.

What I dont like: the glass container is heavy and dipper thing is a bother to use - the way its packaged makes the gel hard to reach.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2006 11:34:00 PM More reviews by jamie48

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is by far the best eye cream in the world! It is not only an eye cream that protects daily, but it also repairs past damage done to the eye area as well. It helps with puffiness, dark circles, and lines. When I run out I can tell with in a day or 2. I have been using this for over a year & can not be with out it! pat don't rub around the eye bone with ring finger.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/21/2006 9:29:00 PM More reviews by Phantomsinger

Skin Type: Combination to Oily, Gender: Male, Age Range: 20-30. Overall Rating: 2 I started using this treatment as my introduction to the Estee Lauder line and sadly, I am not impressed. It sits around the eye area without sinking in and I see no effect nor difference around my eye area despite over 3 month of continuous usage. The texture of this gel cream is not aversive yet it feels slightly oily to touch with a slightly acidic smell. Price: 3 $65.00 CDN is what I paid for this product which I consider to be mid range considering my La Prairie products costs more. I do not mind spending the money as long as it does something but any price is considered expensive if a product fail to deliver what is promises. For the same price, you are better off with Chanel's Age Deley Eye Rejuvination Eye Gel. Packaging Quality: 4 This product comes in a small brown jar which means little to no waste and the applicator ball wraps around just the right amount once it is dipped into the jar. This is the only product I have ever tried from Estee Lauder and the result or lack thereof has left me unimpressed with a line that is considered by many to be a leader in cosmetic creams. Based on this product's performance I will not be repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/16/2006 3:30:00 PM More reviews by hoganfour

OMG - 7th ingredient is PETROLEUM - sooo disappointed in EL

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2006 12:37:00 AM More reviews by azzurro

Why I bought it:
(1) Had a good experience with the Night Repair serum (for face), so I thought this one would be good
(2) tried this one out, along with Idealist eye serum.

Observation:
(1) Don't like the packaging and dipper. The amber glass is good but rather heavy to carry around on trips. About the dipper, it gets messy and it needs to be cleaned after each application! I wish it comes in an amber glass bottle, but with a pump fitted on top. Sigh.
(2) it's silky when it goes on, then it turns velvety and gradually disappears into the skin. After a couple of minutes, you can feel your eyelids are dewy but not oily. I love how it feels on my eyes
(3) my troubleshooter cream for early-setting smile lines (just about to turn 22 yet have lines already! my goodness... probably I should look for another career path.) It works the magic within 2 days.
(4) since it does the line-erasing trick on fresh-setting lines, I tend to gloop out more than I need for my eye area... then spread the reminder to my smile/frown lines, neck area, and anything else that needs a little bit of TLC.

Decision:
I don't think this is the HG of eye creams, but it performs for its price, so I have nothing much to complain about. Still on the lookout for an eye cream that suits me best. Until then, will keep re-buying (hopefully it comes in a better packaging, though...)

rated 1 of 5 on 4/16/2006 10:19:00 PM More reviews by clavigne

I received this as a gwp and tried it for about 2 weeks for fine lines under my eyes and crow's feet. I'm 32 and just starting to really notice lines forming around my eyes. This stuff made them worse! I noticed lines that were not there until I started using this stuff. I applied it before bedtime and woke up to dry wrinkled eyes. I will definately not use this again. I prefer Burt's Bee's Repair Serum. Thirty-two is a hard age to find a good eye product. Too old for moisture only and too young for firming and tightening. I'll stick with Burt until I find my HG eye cream.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2006 9:52:00 PM More reviews by aaron01

Provides great hydration for the eye area without being heavy! Gel cream formula brightens darkness, softens fine lines, and minimizes puffiness. At $47 for .5 oz. it seems pricey but even used twice a day the jar lasts quite a well. I believe it's one of the best eye creams on the market!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2006 1:54:00 PM More reviews by MeganAirmet

What a disappointment!! I usually favour EL and trust them more times then I should. This cream was ok at moisturizing only, and it did not even do that exceptionally well. As for my dark circles, there was zero improvement. As for combatting my very fine under-eye wrinkles, there was again nothing. Oh eye cream, where are you?....

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2006 5:29:00 PM More reviews by Tanyaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this eye cream. I ues it in summer. It is smooth and absorb quickly. It doen't irritate my eyes. I dont have winkles around my eyes, so I dont know if it can soften them. But I have dark circles, and I found them a little brighter afterward,(don't expect too much) I will repurchase it.