October 20, 2014 | 880 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - Visible Lift Serum Absolute Advanced Age-Reversing Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2011 10:16:00 AM More reviews by bobokhn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This has been a challenge due to the color selection. I am a MAC NC20,so I feel comfortable with Nude Beige.I have been using my Lancome foundation brush & NW20 MAC concealer(brush 217) & my new MAC Careblend powder in Light Plus(but I might try Med.Plus)applied w/ Brush 287. This combination works well on my dry 45 year old skin-without looking cakey. I also wear Clairins smoothing primer and HP 40SPF underneath. I think the NW20 concealer warms me up and the powder pulls it all together. The price is excellent & the pump works perfect without wasting product. Worth trying and always on sale somewhere.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/15/2011 1:35:00 AM More reviews by CODYKERI

This would be the best foundation on the planet for me but... I get little bumps on my face with this but most makeups seem to do that so I wouldn't let that worry anyone else.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2011 7:06:00 PM More reviews by OSusanna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

For a drugstore foundation I find this to be a high performer. Like others have mentioned, the formula is medium-full and the colors are pretty good for the fairer set. I am NC20 and I chose 144 Light Ivory, a yellow pale shade. Probably a smidge too pale, but not too off. I still have to use my regular concealor, so it's more on the medium coverage side. This comes out of the bottle in a pump, a plus, but it can dry quickly and be hard to blend. I use my fingers with this because it can also be streaky. As for buildability, I'm really uncertain about this because this formula sinks into my pores ever so slightly and this is why the 4 lippie rating and not 5. This wears well and hydrates my skin throughout the day even though it doesn't appear as if that will be the case at first since the formula dries so quickly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2011 3:53:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

UPDATE: I have been using this product for a while now and I've changed my rating from 4 to 5 because it is an amazing DS product.

I am very acne-prone and have to be careful with which foundations I use. I have broken out terribly with both MUFE MV+ & HD after only a few uses. This foundation has NEVER broken me out. EVER.

I've also learned that an ELF Studio Powder brush (the flat-top one) is the best applicator for this product. It buffs it into the skin and makes your skin look flawless.

OLD: On first application this is very dry and a bit hard to blend. Once it settles in it covers evenly, moderately keeps my oilies at bay and lasts all day without caking.

Color selection is poor, so I've been blending a bit of darker foundation in with this to get the shade just right.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2011 7:15:00 PM More reviews by moorkitty

I am giving this a perfect rating because I did a split-face comparison with a sample of $118 Cle de Peau shade O10 on one side and the L'Oreal Visible Lift with Serum Shade 146 on the other. I could see no difference and my daughter actually thought the L'Oreal side looked better, although perhaps not quite as 'glowy' as the Cle. That had me sold. I went out and purchased a new bottle today. I am in my mid 50's and most foundations accentuate my fine lines but I am very satisfied with this product. How I love saving money! And the lovely review below is right on - there is abundance of shades for us pale girls!

17 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2011 2:26:00 PM More reviews by downtownglamgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I never write product reviews but I take the wearing of foundation very seriously and am always on a hunt to find the right blend to even my skin out and match my pale yellow complexion. Decided to try this since it had retinol and Vitamin C and I'm really loving the manner in which it goes on and how they have thankfully developed more than one light shade for us pale gals. Have tried may other pricier brands and I think I'm sticking with this--keeps my skin balanced during the day whether humid or dry outside, stays on quite well, washes off easily and I can afford it without crabbing about the price! Only trouble is once in a while it's hard to get the stuff out of the pump. Plese don't discontinue!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2011 11:56:00 AM More reviews by Ashnice724

This has quickly become an HG foundation for me. The coverage is medium to full (if you build it up; carefully though as it could get streaky). I have VERY acne-prone skin and this has actually helped my skin. Im assuming due to the retinol etc "serums". It goes on smooth and even, covers all my redness and blotches and makes my skin look so nice. The pump makes it very easy to dispense which I like a lot. Overall, I will definitely be purchasing this product again. Another HG product thanks to MUA!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2011 12:25:00 AM More reviews by cavalletta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow, I love this stuff. I bought color 145 and it wasnt quite right but I lost the receipt. So I had to keep it and I liked the formula so much, I went out and got 146 which ALSO was not a match sooo I blend them together for the perfect match. Usually I can find a great match but not in this, apparently. thats one reason for a lippie off. The coverage is great for me. Light to medium coverage. Silky smooth, very light feeling. My skin looks and feels great. It lasts really well, doesnt irritate my skin and has spf and other good for your skin ingredients. It does not dry out my skin more than anything else I use but I do use a heavy moisturizer daily. One other thing I do not like though is that often in the middle of my work day I will pat some lotion onto my face. With other foundations the lotion will just kind of blend in or take off some of my foundation. No biggie. But when pat some lotion on this foundation clumps together and is not acceptable looking, so I just cant do that. so I just make sure to moisturize well in the morning and it is ok. Obviously, I really like this anyway since I already repurchased and will again

rated 1 of 5 on 3/12/2011 4:26:00 AM More reviews by FeistyGal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This sucks. With its added serums and potions I expected it to be good for dry skin, but I would have got a better result from rubbing a mixture of corn starch and gravel on my face. Immediately upon application it looks ok, but half an hour afterwards I checked myself in a mirror and my skin looked chalky, completely devoid of moisture and my pores resembled lunar craters. Huge fail.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/8/2011 1:44:00 PM More reviews by shellie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ok sorry to be the dissenter but this stuff made my eyes burn and my face feel tight and uncomfortable. I have oily skin that is normally nice looking but one day of wearing this turned it into a tight, dry, flaky mess. It seemed to sit on top of my skin, look streaky, and settle into every pore. Then it kind of caked up on weird places on my face like my upper lip. If you saw me up close, my skin didnt look better, it just looked like it has a film of stuff smeared around on it.

I think the irritation and sensitivity was caused by the sunscreen in it (Octinoxate 1%). I got to remember to stay away from that one.