December 19, 2014 | 1726 users online

Hair Treatments - Burt's Bees - avocado hair treatment

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2004 11:13:00 PM More reviews by maimai

The opinions on this product seemed to be mixed, but I personally like this treatment. I've tried using it on both wet and dry hair and found that it works fine either way. I just warm it up by rubbing it is my hands and apply it liberally to my hair. When you apply it, your hair is going to feel really strange, but once you rinse it out, the odd texture will be gone. The treatment is a lovely green color and has a slight citrus scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2004 11:10:00 PM More reviews by kekr

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product works great. It's easy to use. Just use it before you shampoo. I noticed a difference in my hair as soon as I washed it. It gave my hair volume and softness like I've never had before. Will definitely repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2004 3:09:00 PM More reviews by skintight

This stuff is great. I used it after a particularly strenuous day of dying and re-dying my hair, and it moisturized and fixed all the damage I had done! It looks crazy when it comes out of the tube (avacado extract...trust me it's a bit disturbing at first) but goes on light, and smells like you squeezed a whole orange right on your head...very pleasant. I think I will probably use this on a weekly basis now. Very yummy!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/30/2003 1:12:00 PM More reviews by acm77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received this in a sample pack. It was horrible - left my hair feeling more dry than before I used it. I would never buy this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2003 4:30:00 PM More reviews by chinadoll13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

It didn't work as a conditioner but worked as a styling mousse---or something similar whenever I wear my hair in a bun or do a slick ponytail I love wearing this plus it smells nice. I would buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2003 10:31:00 PM More reviews by MACnificent

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Thank God... Finally, a hair treatment that works! It's kinda weird, but you have to know how to use this product. It's not a conditioner at all. My hair is fine, limp, wavey and dry. This product leaves it bouncy, soft and makes it behave and look so healthy. It's amazing! I leave it on for my whole shower (about 10-20 min's), then I shampoo and condition it out. I've heard some people comb a small amount of it in their hair, braid their hair and leave it in all day. I'm gonna try that! I will be using this product for as long as they continue putting it on the shelves.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/16/2003 3:57:00 PM More reviews by flower_girl

umm.....I dont think it did much for me - didn't 'condition' or anything...and whats with those little grains in it? The smell turned me off too. Im glad I used a sample before I went out and bought it. I had high hopes for this.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2003 6:09:00 PM More reviews by ilovenoise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh, this product is a joke!
I thought it was going to be like a treatment for dry hair. I don't think their is a product out there worse then this!
Seriously, this made my hair so rough and nappy, hard to comb, and left a sticky film that I was washing out for DAYS. This is gross, nasty and a total waste of money!!!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2003 2:06:00 PM More reviews by holden418

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I hate this product. Was reading rave review from somewhere else so I got it because at that moment, my hair was really dry and damaged from all the highlighting. First it was hard to squeeze the product out from the tube. second, it was hard to apply. (but true to the name, does look like smashed avocado, but I wouldn't care much about those things IF it worked. BUT IT DIDN'T WORK at all. NOT even a bit. after I used it, my hair was all tangled and rough. I need to rinse it out (not an easy task!) and put loads of conditioning.
It sucks!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/22/2003 4:40:00 AM More reviews by transientsmiles

This has got to be the grossest stuff in the universe, too bad it smells so good. Hard to get in hair, hard to shampoo out, left hair a sticky, staticky mess (and I have no clue how it managed to be both at the same time). I had to use an apple cider vinegar rinse the next morning, followed by about 6 shampoos to get it all out.