Rimmel Blush - Santa Rose 001

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

MICA, TALC, DIMETHICONE, CAPRYLIC/ CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, MAGNESIUM STEARATE, ETHYLHEXYL DIMETHYL PABA, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, ISOPROPYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, ISOBUTYLPARABEN. [MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR/: TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI77891), IRON OXIDES (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), D&C RED NO. 30 ALUMINUM LAKE (CI73360), D&C RED NO. 7 CALCIUM LAKE (CI15850), ULTRAMARINES (CI77007), D&C RED NO. 6 BARIUM LAKE (CI15850), FERRIC FERROCYANIDE (CI77510), CARMINE (CI75470), FD&C BLUE NO. 1 ALUMINUM LAKE (CI42090), D&C RED NO. 28 ALUMINUM LAKE (CI45410), D&C YELLOW NO. 5 ALUMINUM LAKE (CI19140)].

on 4/27/2008 12:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I like this blush. It's cheap, it gives a great look, when lightly applied. I'll continue to buy this!

on 4/22/2008 1:54:00 PM

This is the blush for the everyday look, when all I use is concealer, mascara and a bit of blush to make me look alive. The color is a muted pink (a lot pinker and less nude than it shows up in the pot!), and I see this complementing any skin tone. It is almost exactly the color of naturally flushed cheeks (in a nicer way).
Santa Rose has a slight sheen to it which is enough for me to highlight my cheekbones - not too glittery by any means, and it doesn't look tacky at all. I'm actually surprised at the quality, regarding the price range and the brand...Will be sticking to Rimmel blushers from now on, because this one has great lasting power over my foundation and alone too, no dark patches and disappeared color, and I don't need additional highlighter on my cheeks. What I also like is that you can gradually enhance the intensity of the color by layering, because it doesn't come out too strong and clown-like. It is so easy to build a subtle 3-dimensional look to the cheeks, I put more layers in the middle and blend outwards.
I don't think I will run out of it anytime soon, but I might repurchase after. You just can't go wrong with this shade. They also changed the pop off lid to a more stable hinge one, so it won't break up all over the place (no need to carry around for reapplication anyway, imo...).

UPDATE: I saw some pics of me wearing this and it is horrible. Dark brown muddy patches all over my face. Disgusting. Ended up in the trash.

on 3/2/2008 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

The thing is with the rimmel blushes is that they won't show up on me. It's not very pigmented in my opinion. I love the colors and the packaging, but I don't think it's worth it. It's only $3 but I can buy something like everyday minerals blushes and get better pigmentation.

on 2/23/2008 2:09:00 PM

I received this blush as an extra in a swap (thanks afbabjeanius!), and I was stunned to find how much I like it. I have been using Nars and MAC blushes exclusively, which are $25 and $17.50 respectively, and along comes a blush that I can get for $4, which is nearly as good as these high end brands. The color is peachy-pink with a slight shimmer; looks subtle and lovely on my medium olive skin. Certainly not as pigmented as a Nars blush, but similar to a MAC sheertone in a light neutral color (i.e. Cheek, Tenderling). So, buy this if you see it, and buy several if you can get it for $2 like some people have!

on 2/15/2008 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This is the sweetest color! It doesn't have absolutely fabulous staying power unless I put it right on my foundation instead of over my powder.

I abhor the packaging and that the lid isn't attached at all to the blush.

on 1/14/2008 2:56:00 PM

I purchased this BOGOF at Ulta recently, and have come to realize that I made such a great decision!! I would have NEVER thought that Rimmel would make such quality and awesome blushes!! I had never used any cheek products from Rimmel, so Santa Rose was my first. I actually don't mind the packaging. The little square is compact, and I can throw it into my bag and not worry about it exploding. But, maybe after I use it more, the top may become loose. Anyways, the color in the pan is a very lightly shimmery pink coral. Georgeous. I am fairly light complexted, and when I apply this with a brush, It gives me a very fresh, almost angelic glow! One tip I would give is to make sure to use a high quality dense brush. I use my Lancome cheek brush, and with each swipe, I pick up a nice amount of blush, without going overboard--although I think that would be hard to do with this color. All in all, this blush is georgeous!! Comparable to Nars and other h/e dept store brands. For under 2 bucks, can you go wrong?

on 1/11/2008 1:10:00 AM

Picked this blush up for only $1.50 at Walgreens thinking I would use as a swap extra but ended up trying it and WOW--I LOVE it!

The color is a peachy-pink, looks like a very natural flush. Has a bit of shimmer, but nothing over the top. For such a cheap blush I'm amazed how perfect it is, will buy again for sure!

on 1/9/2008 4:15:00 AM

I just bought this and love the colour, not over the top, but you get nice colour from it. I've read some of the below comments about the packaging and they must have changed this as mine has a hinge lid, so I like it and will buy again when I run out.

on 12/31/2007 6:02:00 PM

This is a decent blush. It adds a lovely, hushed rose color when used in moderation, but can be built upon for a dolly look if you so pleased.

The packaging is wonderful - a simple square pan with a plastic top - it's slim, portable, and the right size for use with a blush brush.

But I do have some complaints to make here.... The microshimmer in this product is not overwhelming when you first apply it, and in fact has a slight highlighting-quality. However, the color disappears fairly quickly while the shimmer remains, which means that when you touch-up (And you will need to touch-up often!) the glitter from the previous applications tends to build-up until by the third reapp, your cheeks start to look a bit too sparkly.

If you're into shimmer. then go for it, as for me.. I think the end result is too tacky for anyone over the age of fourteen.

on 12/11/2007 4:17:00 PM

I wanted to like this blush so much. I am a huge fan of Rimmell products for the price, but this did not deliver. I have to say that the color applied nice and even and looked great when I put it on. An hour later I happened to glance in the mirror and the color wasn't the nice peachy-pink shade that it had been. It was brown and muddy, and that's just what was left of it. It had faded and turned after only an hour. Blaah. So disapointing. I love the Rimmell cream blushes (coral kiss is my favorite) and I had no problem with fading or turning, but I haven't been able to find in any stores in a long time. Definately would not repurchase.