October 31, 2014 | 1644 users online

Blush - Rimmel - Blush - Santa Rose 001

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2008 2:09:00 PM More reviews by Lisainsf

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received this blush as an extra in a swap (thanks afbabjeanius!), and I was stunned to find how much I like it. I have been using Nars and MAC blushes exclusively, which are $25 and $17.50 respectively, and along comes a blush that I can get for $4, which is nearly as good as these high end brands. The color is peachy-pink with a slight shimmer; looks subtle and lovely on my medium olive skin. Certainly not as pigmented as a Nars blush, but similar to a MAC sheertone in a light neutral color (i.e. Cheek, Tenderling). So, buy this if you see it, and buy several if you can get it for $2 like some people have!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2008 6:00:00 PM More reviews by jenzene

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the sweetest color! It doesn't have absolutely fabulous staying power unless I put it right on my foundation instead of over my powder.

I abhor the packaging and that the lid isn't attached at all to the blush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2008 2:56:00 PM More reviews by Lexieberry

I purchased this BOGOF at Ulta recently, and have come to realize that I made such a great decision!! I would have NEVER thought that Rimmel would make such quality and awesome blushes!! I had never used any cheek products from Rimmel, so Santa Rose was my first. I actually don't mind the packaging. The little square is compact, and I can throw it into my bag and not worry about it exploding. But, maybe after I use it more, the top may become loose. Anyways, the color in the pan is a very lightly shimmery pink coral. Georgeous. I am fairly light complexted, and when I apply this with a brush, It gives me a very fresh, almost angelic glow! One tip I would give is to make sure to use a high quality dense brush. I use my Lancome cheek brush, and with each swipe, I pick up a nice amount of blush, without going overboard--although I think that would be hard to do with this color. All in all, this blush is georgeous!! Comparable to Nars and other h/e dept store brands. For under 2 bucks, can you go wrong?

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2008 1:10:00 AM More reviews by Pomlvr

Picked this blush up for only $1.50 at Walgreens thinking I would use as a swap extra but ended up trying it and WOW--I LOVE it!

The color is a peachy-pink, looks like a very natural flush. Has a bit of shimmer, but nothing over the top. For such a cheap blush I'm amazed how perfect it is, will buy again for sure!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2008 4:15:00 AM More reviews by sproose35

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just bought this and love the colour, not over the top, but you get nice colour from it. I've read some of the below comments about the packaging and they must have changed this as mine has a hinge lid, so I like it and will buy again when I run out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2007 6:02:00 PM More reviews by FedoraJane

This is a decent blush. It adds a lovely, hushed rose color when used in moderation, but can be built upon for a dolly look if you so pleased.

The packaging is wonderful - a simple square pan with a plastic top - it's slim, portable, and the right size for use with a blush brush.

But I do have some complaints to make here.... The microshimmer in this product is not overwhelming when you first apply it, and in fact has a slight highlighting-quality. However, the color disappears fairly quickly while the shimmer remains, which means that when you touch-up (And you will need to touch-up often!) the glitter from the previous applications tends to build-up until by the third reapp, your cheeks start to look a bit too sparkly.

If you're into shimmer. then go for it, as for me.. I think the end result is too tacky for anyone over the age of fourteen.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/11/2007 4:17:00 PM More reviews by mdennington

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to like this blush so much. I am a huge fan of Rimmell products for the price, but this did not deliver. I have to say that the color applied nice and even and looked great when I put it on. An hour later I happened to glance in the mirror and the color wasn't the nice peachy-pink shade that it had been. It was brown and muddy, and that's just what was left of it. It had faded and turned after only an hour. Blaah. So disapointing. I love the Rimmell cream blushes (coral kiss is my favorite) and I had no problem with fading or turning, but I haven't been able to find in any stores in a long time. Definately would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2007 6:52:00 PM More reviews by i_love_my_jeans

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Love this blush. Im a NC30-35ish, half-Asian with olive skin, green eyes and dark brown hair. I like the colour of this blush - a pale-medium pink and good pigment. I have a problem with some pink blushes just not showing up on my skin. A little goes a long way. Blush is easy to pick up with a brush. No powder residue (Cargo - Im talking to you!). Looks like Milani Luminous a bit, but without the glitter. Some review say this is matte, but I find it has a slight shimmer/sheen to it. I usually stay away from anything shimmery or with sparkle because my skin is so oily, but this is fine. Packaging is annoying (square, with a pop off plastic lid), a bit hard to get open. Im always afraid I'll wreck the blush trying to get it open. Would repurchase - but I doubt I'll ever hit pan. This seems to be everlasting.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2007 9:57:00 PM More reviews by internationally

I bought this blush on an impulse. It's a great bargain. Honestly, I didn't expect much. All I knew was that I wanted a soft pink blush, so hey... why not? And I was pleasantly surprised!

The packaging is quite simple, with no frills. Just a small square of blush, no mirror, no lame drugstore "blush" brush.

The pigmentation is actually pretty good for a drugstore buy. It goes on pink, with no frostiness or chalkiness. I love how it is a little bit muted so it looks more natural, rather than an ugly bubblegum pink.

It does have shimmer so I wouldn't recommend this for people with oily skin, pimples on their cheeks, or dry skin (shimmer only highlights these problems).

It is a simple, pretty blush. It's not miraculous or innovative, but it gets the job done with little negative results. When applied correctly using a large fluffy blush, I achieve angelic, delicately flushed pink cheeks.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2007 3:26:00 PM More reviews by canswer

I like this, it makes me get that wind-blown face. The packaging sucks though.