September 18, 2014 | 2171 users online

Concealers - Garnier - Anti-Dark-Circle Eye Roller

rated 3 of 5 on 8/27/2012 3:00:00 PM More reviews by hgpt2

I like this roller because it really conceals my dark circles well and blends evenly into my skin tone. Its got a thick consistency so you have to really blend well into your skin. A little goes a long way. I bought it in the medium/dark color for my NC35 skin. The only problem is that the product doesn't dispense from the roller at times, so I have to roll vigorously on the back of my hand, shake it a bit to get the product out. Its only been 15 days since I bought it, so its not empty, its definitely full. I am not sure if this happened with anyone else, but I wouldn't be buying this product again because of its packaging quality. I would rather use a cream concealer from a jar.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2012 11:33:00 PM More reviews by gksk520

This gives little coverage for people who have really bad dark circles like I do. I gave it 4 lippies however, because it gives a very natural (light) coverage and goes on and blends in smoothly. I use this on days when I go to work and want to look a little more natural. This way I don't look too sick or tired but I don't look cakey.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2012 3:55:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

Honestly, this is not a good product if you have under eye circles. The yellow color does neutralize, but the coverage is not enough. Since this requires a separate brush to blend for application, AND a second product to cover up the rest... not worth it.

Edit: I retried this. for some reason, I am just not seeing why people love this so much. i don't have extremely dark circles, but it still did not provide enough coverage.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/24/2012 5:11:00 PM More reviews by vmg85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this because it was on sale, and I had previously used the one in the green container without concealer (and loved it). This didn't cover my under eye circles, didn't reduce puffiness which is why I bought it. Feels nice and cooling but I need more coverage. Now using UD Eyem tired and regular concealer (cover girl tru match).

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2012 5:06:00 PM More reviews by MasksOffMasksOn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS!
I got this in my glossy-box, and at first I was disappointed. I gave it one try and that was all I needed to know I love it.
First, I really liked the roller, I think it's really easy to apply the concealer this way- the way it just travel smoothly under the eye...

It's texture is very light and nice, I really like that because a concealer that's heavy only can make the make-up look bad and old.

It has nice coverage as well, I don't have dark circles underneath the eyes, but I've noticed that on days my eyes do look kinda tired, this product brightens them up perfectly, and it looks very very natural.

So I give 5 on every aspect, and totally buy this again!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/22/2012 8:44:00 PM More reviews by magetha

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

When I first got this, it was to use as a concealer because I don't have bad dark circles. I thought I was in love with it, but after about a month I took a good look at it and realized I hated it! Not only is the color very yellow, which is never good for dark circles, it settled into lines I had and kind of made me look old! The packaging is also pretty bad. I'm not a germaphobe like some people on here, but the rollerball didn't feel very sanitary. I definitely would have preferred a squeeze tube. Also it's hard to dispense the product sometimes because of the way the packaging is designed. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone. Don't waste your money!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2012 4:44:00 AM More reviews by erica_74

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a very good product.

Considering its price and that you can find it anywhere here, even in the supermarket, it is a star product.

Pros:
-liquid texture: for me it is a plus because it does not feel heavy,feels more appropriate for the under-eye delicate skin and it is buildable.
- stays put: does not settle into fine lines (nor does it make them disappear though)
-ease of use
-excellent packaging to carry in your bag
- excellent for touch ups or pick-me-ups, it does not smudge your makeup.
-fairly inexpensive

cons:
- not "luminous" enough: I find its finishing a bit too matte for my taste. For you over 35, I would higlhy recommend prepping with a light eyecream underneath for best results.
- does not have any antiaging, anti-dark cirle effect: marketed as such, it does not deliver. I do not have heavy dark cirle/line/puffines issues to begin with, but after 3 months of use, I have not experienced any benefits.

VERDICT:
This is a very good "value for money" undereye illuminator and not a skincare product (even though it is marketed as such), which is fairly gentle on the delicate undereye skin, performs better than many highend illuminatiors out there and it is definatelly worth a shot.

For those of you familiar with Guerlain's precious light illuminator, the Garnier product is inferior for sure, but a very close second, and when the budget is tight, this is an excellent alternative!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2012 8:52:00 AM More reviews by goldenrosegold

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is a little too light for my skin, warm tan but I can easily use it if i put foundation over it so it works. It is a great corrector if you have heavy dark under eyes. For the price tho I will just buy one that fits my skin tone when this one runs out

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2012 11:03:00 PM More reviews by Meshmmesha772000

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have found another thread of reviews on MUA on the same product ..So , here is is my review "again" :
don't have severe dark circles , but I have deep-set eyes and I don't have the healthiest lifestyle ..So I have been using concealers & more make-up for the last two years ..I bought this after reading the good reviews , I liked it ..Specially the cooling roll-on ball which soothes in the hot weather I live in (I recommend putting it in the fridge all the time if you live in a warm country ) ...It doubled as an amazing eye primer under eyeshadows ( yey :) ..I have dry eyelids so I can't use typical eye primers happily :/.. The only problem was ; I bought it in meduim ..or dark I think ...Which was too dark for me ..Still, I use it as an eye primer till I get a lighter shade to use it under my eyes .

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2012 10:31:00 PM More reviews by SymmieC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I feel like a deranged super hero, on an never ending quest to combat my arch nemesis under eye circles.

Seriously, my mom gave me alot of things, gorgeous hair, flawless complextion, big dark eyes. She also went ahead and passed along her horrible under eye circles. The kind of circles that leave me with three choices in the morning. Sunglasses, Full Makeup, Or spend an entire day recieving sympathy and the well wishes of people who hope I feel better soon. So my story with this product goes as follows..
1.) Reading a magazine, hmm under eye roller.. Pfft as IF.
2.) Wandering through store, hmm there's that roller thing, looks stupid.
3.) Back at store, okay maybe I will try it..
4.) No way its to expensive, it isn't going to work..
5.) Okay I am going to try it..KEEP THE HOPE ALIVE!..
6.) -glances nervously- I hope no one saw my fist pump..
7.) Okay here we go..-applies it-
8.) -Blends it and sets it with a dab of powder-
9.) Wow, really?
10,) Hey, wow..really?
11.) -goes outside for the first time in years with no sunglasses, no full makeup, and get told how pretty I look "natural" by multiple people.
12.) SUCCESS! My mission is complete!

In summary I love this product, I happen to be lucky and it matches my skintone, I could definately see how some people might not have that experience with it. The coverage is pretty sheer though and easily blended. I do set it with a light powder. All in all I will definately repurchase so I can use it on days when I just want to run to the store without spending 45 minutes in front of my mirror combating dark circles with 5 different products and turning myself into a human optical illusion.

One warning, do not expect the roller ball to just flawlessly roll it onto your skin. That would be awesome, but really I just tap some product there with it and blend with my fingers.

Also I can wear it all day with no touch up, however it would be super easy to reapply and fix up if needed because its such a light layer!

As long as they make it, this will be in my makeup box..

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No