October 25, 2014 | 963 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2013 3:46:00 AM More reviews by ChikkyD

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

The Healthy Mix Foundation is the only one I've tried from the Bourjois range so far, and I love it! It's a lovely consistency which dries to a really nice and natural satin/dewy finish (which can be easily mattified with a powder).

The packaging is a definite highlight, as the plastic (not glass, yay!) bottle comes with a pump which instead of drawing the foundation up with a pipe, pushes the entire volume of the foundation upwards so you never waste any product in the bottle.

The staying power, although it says 16 hours, does not last that long at all, and this is really it's one drawback. With a primer, powder, and setting spray over the top of it, it can hold out the whole day (let's say 7-8 hours), but without a primer and spray, it does tend to slide off a little as the day goes by. It's not a full coverage to begin with, and when it slides off it leaves the face looking even more sheer.

Overall, I love this foundation, it's the perfect colour, sheerness, and finish for me, but I do wish it lasted a little longer. Still a repurchase :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2013 6:16:00 PM More reviews by ensei

I have bought this foundation back in August 2012 and I've been using it on and off for about 6 months now. It's a great foundation - almost could not believe that it was drugstore with the exception of the strong fruity smell. It's quite liquid and luminous but dries but to a natural luminous semi-matte on the medium side of coverage for sure. I would not say it's dewy - the Healthy Mix serum is dewy, YSL TTE is dewy, this is luminous but still soft and semi-matte. It dries and sets fairly quickly and when it sets, it does not budge - I had some creasing around the eye and when back to blend out after 5-10 min and it would not move. With the matte finish, it can look a little dry or cling to dry spots if you're not careful.

52 is about NC20/25
53 is a true NC30

When I was using this in August when I'm NC25/30, 52 was definitely a shade too light for my skin tone and 53 was a shade too dark. Mixing the two was a perfect mix. The shade 52 also made a great mixer for shades of foundation in other brands that were slightly too dark. I love the finish of this foundation and the longevity as well - really didn't expect it to hold up as well to my 9 hour workdays as it did.

EDIT (03/30/13): This shade in 52 is pretty much spot on for my paler winter/spring skin, if a little too yellow for my skin. Maybe a hint too pale. Love mixing it in equal parts with the Ellis Faas foundation for more neutrality, but even used alone, it delivers.

RE-EDIT (08/01/13): I picked up another bottle of 52 early since I've heard that the formula has changed. Haven't tried that formula yet but I'll probably get around to it.

Bottom line: A great drugstore foundation that performs like a high-end one. Delivers a medium luminous soft finish with yellow undertones that has decent lasting power. Will repurchase. If you're in the US like me, you can get this foundation through ASOS or eChemist.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2013 8:26:00 AM More reviews by TaniaThomas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

To be honest, I dint know much about Bourjois until recently when i was checking out foundation reviews on YouTube. I did see it over the counters in drug stores but somehow was always either attracted to High End products like Clarins or drug store products like Loreal / Revlon. I had seen so many good reviews about this product that some have actually even used up 4 tubes of this product !! So I thought MUST check it out. I am not a foundation person. I somehow cant stand it, either i don't know how to apply it or make it last all day or I just get the wrong shade.. don't know !! BUT this foundation has really changed my perception about foundations. I really love this product its a pity that I got myself a no 53 and that too is a bit too light for me, however if you work it out and add in your pressed powder its kinda ok for me for the day time. Should have been one shade darker and it would have been my foundation forever. Not that I will not repurchase it, I definitely will. It smells good, somehow I feel it smells a little like Channel's Precision tinted moisturizer, but it could be because of the flowery/fruity smell. It smells great thought but if your a person who cant stand smells in your skin care then you might have to think about it. It doesn't stay long though just till you apply it on your face. I would definitely recommend it to anyone irrespective of your skin type mine is a combination to dry skin but I definitely find that I need to powder it down during the day as it might get a bit shiny (and also the color is a tad bit light for me) but during the night/ evenings I can use it without any powder and I look fresh and radiant. A must try.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2013 3:33:00 PM More reviews by lindsay90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a good high street medium coverage foundation. As I have oily skin, I wasn't sure I would like the finish or if it would last on my skin but I was looking for a dewy foundation. I use a buffing brush and setting powder with this foundation and this really makes a difference to the finish - long wearing and non greasy but slightly dewy with no cakeyness. When buffed into the skin I think it looks really natural and brightening, great for everyday!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2013 2:02:00 PM More reviews by Mirrorsonthewalls18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product after seeing glowing reviews on you tube, and was not disappointed. This gives me a lovely finish, low-medium coverage and although it doesn't last all day on its own I wouldn't expect it to, but it definitely does with a primer. I recommend!!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/25/2013 7:37:00 AM More reviews by hcle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i dont understand what happend with this.
I have NC 30 dry-very dry skin
I get fantastic results with the bourjois 10 hour sleep effect, i look luminous and i get a perfect yellowy based colour for my asian skin

with this foundation it looks okay on application and then i become white, patchy and oily after sometime and i look like im wearing a mask. its really dissapointing! somehow i turn into a combo skin ! ill go back to 10 hour sleep..

rated 2 of 5 on 3/22/2013 1:53:00 PM More reviews by ZCeenie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

This foundation is definitely not made for oily skin. i have an oily t-zone and this doesnt last more than 2 hours on my skin. after two hours it looks greasy and settles into your pores.. its just YUCK! dont buy this if you have somewhat oily skin

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2013 6:58:00 PM More reviews by Mellymoomar

I recently picked this foundation up having heard and read so many positive things about it and can safely say overall I'm really impressed! For a drugstore foundation that is fairly inexpensive and readily available it really works. I was a little apprehensive at first because when tested on the back of my hand the lightest shade (51 Light Vanilla) seemed a little too dark for my pale complexion, but its a totally different story once its applied to my face. I have quite cool toned skin (normally NC15) and the yellow tones in the foundation seem to 'warm' my face up a little bit if that makes sense. It goes on very light but is very buildable at the same time, I'd say its a medium to full coverage. I like it because it doesn't feel too heavy on the face whilst giving me the coverage I want. Its also perfect for that dewy, luminous finish that I love, because I hate to be completely matte but at the same time I don't want to look too shiny or oily. It gives a really gorgeous soft finish. It doesn't break me out, doesn't dry my already dry skin out and doesn't irritate my sensitive skin either! Normally when buying a drug store foundation I have always stuck with L'Oreals True Match but Healthy Mix is quickly becoming a new favourite. Would definitely recommend and buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2013 11:05:00 PM More reviews by Ancatje

Dupe for Chanel Pro Lumiere which is now discontinued, but better colour range for pale skins. I am NC15 and their shade 51 matches me perfectly, whereas Chanel's lighest shade was too dark for me, apart from in the summer when I get a bit darker.
Coverage is medium, satin finish, can cling a bit to dry patches but depends how well you moisturise unerneath. Lasts well through the day on my combination skin, and doesn't make me oily.
I like the no SPF as well because I use an SPF moisturiser and don't want my foundation to interfere with that.
Very happy with this and have been using it on and off for a couple of years now!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2013 12:44:00 PM More reviews by iliketowatchpeople

I love this foundation ! I got it 2 days ago and I can already tell that I'm gonna love it so much and that I'll probably re-purchase it.
It looks and feels really nice on the skin, and it literally looks like you've got no makeup on and makes your skin look flawless. Many reviews say that the colours are too yellow but they're nowhere as yellow as the MAC studio fix fluid foundations, which are crazy-yellow. The colour (53) looks natural and nice on me, it's almost a perfect match. It's easy to apply and it smells HEAVENLY. My skin can get kind of oily but this foundation keeps it matte and i feel like it hydrates it ? So i think that i will definitely repurchase it !