Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation

4.1

WATER, DIMETHICONE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ALCOHOL DENAT, FRAGRANCE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, PANTHENOL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, SILICA, GLYCERIN, PYRUS MALUS (APPLE) FRUIT EXTRACT, SODIUM HYALURONATE, CUCUMIS MELO (MELON) FRUIT EXTRACT, PRUNUS ARMENIACA (APRICOT) FRUIT EXTRACT, POTASSIUM SORBATE, SODIUM BENZOATE, BENZOIC ACID, PANTOLACTONE, SORBIC ACID

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I've been really liking this product! The packaging is really good and has a pump, so very hygienic! The price is pretty good, although it's probably one of the more expensive drugstore foundations. It has worked well on my skin, perfectly in fact for my drier areas however oily areas have to be set with a powder but I wouldn't recommend it to oily skin types and if you're fond of the 'dewy' look you'll love this foundation, I would definitely say it gives you a 'healthy complexion' which my mum commented on the first time I wore it. If you're looking for good coverage, I'm afraid this might not be the foundation for you as the coverage is in my opinion light to medium, it goes on well with a beauty sponge because it applies a thin layer so i suppose you could build it up :)

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this foundation, I was using the Armani Luminous Silk but I had to use 3 pumps to get the coverage I like and it cost so much! So I picked up this one in 55 (MAC NC37, Armani 6.5). It looks so natural, blends flawlessly and lasts well, I wouldn't say 16hrs though- but maybe with a good primer. It's not as glowey as the armani but I just mix it with my body shop Illuminator and then apply, if I had really red blemishes I just use concealer on them otherwise I'm good to go! I loved it so much I picked up the serum too xo

on 8/30/2013 6:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this foundation as I thought it looked nice with the bottle and the design but unfortunately It isn't very good, I have No.55 which is dark beige but it just comes out very orange and isn't really a very good blend, i also break into to spots quite frequently after every time i use it! it hasnt got bery good coverage either especially if your looking to cover freckles! I will certainly not be purchasing this again and I would not recommend this.

on 8/29/2013 8:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this due to the high ratings here on MakeupAlley, and I really hoped it would be my HG foundation. But something about this foundation is just off...

I bought shade 52, and it's not too light and not too dark - but it's just off. I'm NC20-25 in MAC, and this foundation is a little too pink/grey/dull on me. It just doesn't look good! As far as coverage, this is NOT a full coverage foundation (on me at least). I think it gives a light coverage, but you can build it up to a medium! The longevity, on the other hand, is awesome. I have oily skin, and this is the only foundation I have ever tried that lasts 5-6 hours without the need to blot my face...

A big con for me about this foundation is the STRONG (as in VERY strong) scent. I mean, it's a nice smell, but it's just too strong. And I can feel it on my skin. I don't even have sensitive skin, but it still kind of tingles when applying this. So if you have sensitive skin, you might react to this foundation.

Overall, this is a good foundation, but just not for me and my skin!

on 8/29/2013 7:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have oily skin so I wasn't expecting this to work, but I bought it anyway due to the fact it has 'fruit therapy' which I thought sounded good for the skin. Surprisingly, it works very well! It is a medium coverage, doesn't cover my dark circles under my eyes completely but I don't feel like I need to cover any blemishes with concealer (i do have a lot of breakouts)It gives a nice dewy finish without looking oily which is a big bonus because I do have oily skin. The packaging is nice, it is strong and sturdy and has a nice bold, red pump which dispenses just the right amount of product. I usually apply 2 pumps to give me medium-full coverage, it's buildable without looking cakey! Love it.

on 8/29/2013 2:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I can see this being a good foundation for those with normal skin and don't have to cover many imperfections. I have really oily skin and so this doesn't last the whole day on me, even with a mattifying setting powder. It has a light/medium coverage I would say, more lighter than medium though. I have this in shade 52 and it matches me very well. It's neutral, slightly yellow in tone. Would recommend to those with dry to normal skin, possible combination if you blot during the day. I won't be repurchasing as I need a matte foundation for my skin.

on 8/28/2013 9:56:00 AM

I went through a lot of trouble to get this, and I do see why people like it. It just FEELS LIKE a HE foundation. It feels like a luxurious serum on your face. Unfortunately, it also slides around, rubs off, and feels vaguely icky, much like a serum would. My main problem with it is that it doesn't cover. At all. You have to build your way up to "light" coverage. I used a third of the bottle trying to get to medium. If you have even moderately oily skin--don't go near this. I have dry skin and it went on dewy and was greasy before I got out the door. It does, however, look great--nice finish, beautiful shade (51= neutral MAC 10-15). And in spite of the fact that it rubs/slides off, there was still plenty on my face at the end of the day.

Bottom line: This is ONLY appropriate for one skin type IMO: dry-ish and VERY little to cover.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have to say I really love this foundation!

Here's a little back ground in my skin type:
I have dry red pimply cheeks, AKA keratosis pilaris, yet I have really oily spotty T-zone. Combination skin to extremes!
So I can neither buy a dewy glowy foundation which would work on my cheeks but not my T-zone, or a matte foundation which would suit my T-zone yet dry out my cheeks... THIS FOUNDATION IS MY HAPPY MEDIUM!

Coverage:
The coverage is definitely buildable, and will reduce the look of any blemishes and disguise redness. This is not a full coverage foundation, your skin will still look like skin (if that makes sense) it gives a natural yet perfected look which I love. A couple of layers is definitely emough coverage for my cheeks, I use concealer for any pesky blemishes on my T-zone as this foundation alone is not always enough, but that is fine by me!

Color:
I LOVE the color! It has definite yellow undertones, but you will not look like a simpson! It neutralizes your skin in a way, it is truly a very flattering color in my oppinion. I think that these undertones would be flattering for most if not all skin tones! The range is wider than the original healthy mix foundation.

Finish:
The finish is very natural, not matte, not dewy, almost a satin matte? It does not dull out skin, it adds a certain glow without adding shine! Maybe unsuitable for the very driest of skin types unfortunately. But personally i find the finish is perfect for a natural look.

Lasting power:
Lasts well enough for a day at school which says a lot! Obviously won't look as good at the end of the day as when first applied, but definitely good enough!

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS FOUNDATION.
As to comparison to original healthy mix foundation i personally do not notice much of a difference, perhaps the shades are slightly darker? The healthy mix radiance reveal foundation shade range is definitely darker than the healthy mix serum, i found that to be the case with the original too. Definitely my favourite foundation, would definitely recommend to any fellow combination skin gals.

on 8/24/2013 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really do love this foundation, but unfortunately for me it just doesn't last on my oily skin. However if you have dry - normal skin I would highly recommend this foundation, and here's why:

It feels light, the coverage is around medium and it blends perfectly. The finish on me is semi matte and it looks like skin. It reminds me of my Chanel foundation. I was very surprised at the quality of this foundation because it's only £9.99, the packaging is standard - it comes in a plastic bottle with something in the bottle that assures all the product comes out. The reason that I rated the packaging quite high is because they have changed the packaging to a heavy bottle much like the revlon colourstay packaging.

on 8/24/2013 1:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This drugstore foundation blends easily and give me a dewy finish and does not cake and the quality is as good as the branded ones, without paying too much.

Video Reviews & Tutorials