October 22, 2014 | 2139 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst - Soft Nude 070 [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2010 5:47:00 PM More reviews by BLoNdeGLaM

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't quite know how to wear this alone. If I don't put a lip balm under it, this lipstick makes my lips appear REALLY dry, yet if I put a balm on before applying this, it makes Soft Nude appear super-sheer and blotchy. I usually just wear this under a nice coat of Lorac's 3D Multiplex lip gloss in Polished, for a nude/light pink lip. I like the package, very classy (no hologram labels or see-through tops) and the cap is tightly secured so it doesn't come off in your purse. I believe this was in the $6-8 range at Ulta and I consider that a fair price. Maybe in the summer when the air (and my skin) are less dry, this will work better for me. However, right now, I am unsure if I would purchase it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2010 2:33:00 PM More reviews by solg

I've heard and read a lot about this lipstick, and yes, you have to believe the hype.
    It's the perfect nude shade for me (and apparently, to a lot of other women), it doesn't make me look 'dead' or washed out at all. It's really wearable and it looks gorgeous with a top of Peach Petal lipgloss.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2010 5:40:00 AM More reviews by Natashia

I read so much about this product before buying it. This is my second nude and I was very worried about the color washing out my pale complexion. My first nude color made me look like a sick cat, that my colleagues always thought I was sick. I am still not sure if I really like this. It does make me look a bit pale , but yet gives my lips a nice unique pale apricot/ pink color that looks great when paired with dramatic eyes. Hence I am not sure if I like this color alone. But now I use it like a lip concealer and really love it. The formulation is quite matte, and when layered on with another lipstick, it brings out the color very well and gives me a brand new color . The lipstick has a lovely sheen and no distinct scent. Been using it daily since purchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2010 4:26:00 PM More reviews by sosolita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

im an nc25 and i love that sun kissed look. so i usually use cliniques tinted moisturizer all over my face and this lippie along with striptease lip gloss by nars . i love the texture of this product , the scent and the color .

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2010 8:51:00 PM More reviews by lost25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I hated this. So overated! My skin isn't completely yellow toned, but olive toned, so the pink in this nude doesn't do much for me. I tried dabbing this on and adding a gloss, but I couldn't make this work. Whatever I do, I end up looking like a corpse. The formula is way too sheer and the packaging To top it off it smells like bug spray. To be fair, I liked the colourburst lipstick in peach even though I hate the formula of these lipsticks.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2010 1:53:00 PM More reviews by MsEmilyPark

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this lipstick after hearing the rave reviews on MUA and youtube. I do not understand how people gave it a poor review because it washed out their lips....it's supposed to be a NUDE lipstick. Anyhow, I think it's great for the price. It's the first drugstore lipstick I've bought and I wouldn't have known about it if it wasn't for MUAH andy youtube. It's a pinky nude...which I personally like. It does have a slight fragrance to it, but nothing unbearable. I'd repurchase it again,

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2010 12:01:00 PM More reviews by alexa12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great pinkie/nude lipstick
    I'm really pale, so i need to found a nude that doesn't make me look sick. & This is perfect, it turns a little bit more pink on me which i like. Really creamy, doesn't last a lot of time. But I can be re-applying. Like a lot.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2010 7:16:00 PM More reviews by LPomona

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wow! I've been looking for a shade like this forever. Someone on the board recommended this to someone today, so I looked up the reviews here & then immediately dashed out to CVS to pick it up.

I've been asking the board for recommendations for a pale beige-peachy nude, and people made lots of suggestions, but none of them were what I was looking for. This is it! On me this is the most perfect nude, as it is a pale beige-based, milky peach. No brown & no pink, just lovely milky peach & nudey. It is smooth & silky & I find it moisturizing, contrary to the findings of others. Really lovely with my NC20ish, pale yellow coloring.

Like so many other things, I never would've found it without MUA.
    Happy :)

rated 2 of 5 on 11/4/2010 5:12:00 AM More reviews by sadiered

Despite the general rave reviews on the Colorburst lippie in Soft Nude, sad to say, the product was a total failure on me. Application though creamy, was much too flakey and made my lips peel like crazy. I think this shade would fit people who're of darker complexion. I'm Chinese and pretty fair, thus it's such a shame that the color washes out my lips completely, pretty much making me look like a corpse.

I would never use this without some sort of a hydrating balm underneath and/or a gloss over the top. For me, this is best applied sheerly because the color is far too cool for my skin tone.

Would I buy this again? Definitely no.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2010 9:56:00 PM More reviews by loriyu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i'm new to the whole nude lipstick thing, so i got this one and the colorstay nude color as well to start off with. i have super pigmented, wrinkly lips and it's hard for me to wear lighter colors, bc it just looks horrible. it took some maneuvering in order to get this color to work for me. i definitely have to wear a lip liner under the color in order to hide the darker outline of my lips...and i definitely need to top w/a lipgloss in order to not have my lips look dry. having done all of this, the color does work for me, it's slightly more pink than i was expecting. however, if i am going for an effortless look and a quick on-the-go lipstick, this is definitely not it. i also have super dry lips that i'm always smacking together, so it doesn't last all that long. i do like the packaging though, but for a drugstore lipstick, i wouldn't buy again for the price.