September 1, 2014 | 1850 users online

Loose Powders - E.L.F. - Studio High Definition Powder

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2012 12:52:00 AM More reviews by xpeppermint

It took me awhile to jump on the hype of this product. I was initially put off by the potential of a white cast HD powders could bring, but purchased it on a whim after seeing a discount :D

This offers a smooth airbrushed finish which I absolutely adore. Seriously?! My pores appear photoshopped after using this. Regardless of what base products I've used, this offers a smooth finish when I use it as a setting powder. The oil control is average though, hence I tend to top it up with some Maybelline Dream Matte powder. It is gleeful to find out that there's no white cast on my NC20 skin(:

For this price it is definitely worth it!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/1/2012 11:54:00 AM More reviews by mooneyes89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is great to mattify and is better than normal powders but still not dry skin friendly.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2012 11:29:00 AM More reviews by delicatepost

This is a very very fine powder.. it has no scent... It does set on my skin nicely.. it also makes my skin look brighter... not as sheer as other setting powders I've tried.. I can see the powder set on my nose.. my skin has no oil after this setting powder,, the packaging is a huge bulky cube,, which takes up so much space,, make it more compact!!! I wouldnt buy it again because there are other products out there that I like better..

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2012 12:05:00 AM More reviews by Leovalentine00

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have extremely sensative skin and this powder doesnt upset it at all which I wasnt expecting for a cheap 6$ product. It sets beautifully and feels silky to the touch and stays that way! It doesnt last any longer than 4 hours for me but I do have oily skin. I would definitely buy this product again but one must be very careful in the ammount of product you actually apply. It tends to look cakey if you dont buff and tap your brush first. Its e.l.f. and for 6$ this powder really does the job well.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2012 9:41:00 PM More reviews by chinco

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think the best way to use this is to mix it with any other powders that you want to throw away but feel pity about doing so. I got sample packets of everyday mineral's powders and mix them with this ELF translucent powder. actually I dont like the feeling when there's a layer of colorless powder on my skin. the package is spacious that you can mix whatever you want.
You don't really have to spend $$ on a kabuki brush, I think the puff that comes along with this powder is great. its soft on my skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/22/2012 12:38:00 PM More reviews by historian12

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I used this powder for awhile, but ended up throwing it away. If you're not careful about how you apply it, it can leave a whitish cast to the skin. The powder also has a strange, plastic-like texture--I really can't describe it. It also does nothing to absorb oil. The package is also bulky and awkward. Now that I think back on it, I'm not sure why I used it as long as I did!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2012 12:32:00 PM More reviews by staci13

I want to start off by saying I gave this a four instead of a five because of its acne causing capacity. It's minor acne, but I tested it enough to come to the conclusion that this was the cause. I digress, this powder performs wonderfully. It has a pretty smooth application, and it DOES seem to contain little bits that may not have been milled enough, not a bit deal, I just brush them away with a kabuki brush. This does set foundation nicely , and keeps the oil at bay for a few hours longer than normal loose powder. Initially it seems to give my face a whitened porcelain doll look, but that soon disappears as it is absorbed by my skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/16/2012 12:35:00 AM More reviews by Emilyisagiant

I really don't know how I feel about this product, if I'm honest. I like that it is translucent, but it's semi-difficult to put on. It makes my skin feel weird. I think I like Maybelline's mineral veil better.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2012 7:06:00 PM More reviews by jlonghorn2002

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I get compliments on looking good every time I use this powder. I use this powder at night only - its my special evening powder - not everyday work wear. I have never used a translucent powder before bc I did not understand the purpose of it. I always thought I needed coverage and pigmented powders. This translucent powder illuminates my face and brightens me up. It def is a matte finish, so I dont get a dewey look with this. I prefer dewey bc it looks less "made up," but I cant seem to pull off a dewey look due to my acne scars. So I will accept with the fact that I have to settle with matte if I want to look decent. But with the help of this powder, atleast I can pull off the bright and light face look. Additionally, it sets my makeup really well - even on hot/muggy evenings, it minimizes making sliding and melting off. I suppose the only area they need to work on is the packaging - packaging needs an upgrade, product gets everywhere.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2012 11:26:00 AM More reviews by thewolfwife

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I prefer this to the AWFUL MUFE HD powder...that powder is terrible. This is great for the price point, minimizes my pores, looks a little powdery but I spray with Caudalie Beauty Elixir and it settles perfectly. i have sensitive skin and zero breakouts from this. Try this if you're looking for a new powder!