October 23, 2014 | 1960 users online

Loose Powders - E.L.F. - Studio High Definition Powder

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2012 3:15:00 PM More reviews by LittleViolet

Really light translucent powder--does a great job mattifying without being drying. It is a steal at $6 although the packaging could be better (the lid can be hard to screw back on, and feels kind of cheap, but what can I complain about? It is $6 and has wonderful product inside). I still travel with Boots Translucent Powder due to its packaging, but this is a great powder to have at half the price.

I have to keep it away from my brown eyebrows though, because the powder can look a little dusty if I bump up against them.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2012 11:03:00 PM More reviews by BeautyLoverRN

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Just bought this tonight for $6 in the shade Translucent. I was spurred on to get this after trying my mom's MUFE HD Powder tonight, which seemed amazing, but I could never pay those prices. :-(
So, I put on this Elf powder right when I got home, and I really like it! It somehow camouflaged my forehead wrinkles, which makes it practically HG in my book! I'm too young (25) for these wrinkles!
Feels velvety, is mattifying, and I could not discern any shimmer. The first powder to cover up my forehead lines! I did not notice any "white cast", but I also don't apply much, because I find all I need is to put the pouf over the powder filter, shake, and apply (patting/dabbing softly to "greasy" areas and areas with fine lines). Two times total for my whole face. Btw, I'm NW20, if that makes any difference to anyone. :-)
Note: I will keep using this powder, and update if it causes any breakouts. :-)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2012 4:36:00 PM More reviews by kinta80s

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I've had this in corrective yellow and translucent. Sets my oily face to a matte silky finish for around 4h with l'oreal BB prior to application. Would definitely repurchase, ONLY IF elf.co.uk ran out of the sheer mineral booster large (which is cheaper and bigger quantity), and has similar effect on my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2012 1:31:00 AM More reviews by Tiptoemousey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love the product it is a all seasons product for winter and fall I just apply it with a lighter hand and with summer and spring I apply with a bit more of a heavy hand. I loathe the packaging it is bulky and if you don't keep that powder puff in it then when you open it the product leaks all over the place and gets all over everything I also find if the puff is not in there and you are traveling with it product can leak out even when closed properly. I have a bare minerals compact for loose powder and when I buy this product now I don't even remove the sticker inside I just lift out the clear sifter and pour some into the compact then store it till I need to add more I find much much less is wasted. But for a price of six dollars it is really a good product I tend to find this with elf good products bad packaging but its worth it you just need to think of ways around the packaging problems.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2012 12:52:00 AM More reviews by xpeppermint

It took me awhile to jump on the hype of this product. I was initially put off by the potential of a white cast HD powders could bring, but purchased it on a whim after seeing a discount :D

This offers a smooth airbrushed finish which I absolutely adore. Seriously?! My pores appear photoshopped after using this. Regardless of what base products I've used, this offers a smooth finish when I use it as a setting powder. The oil control is average though, hence I tend to top it up with some Maybelline Dream Matte powder. It is gleeful to find out that there's no white cast on my NC20 skin(:

For this price it is definitely worth it!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/1/2012 11:54:00 AM More reviews by mooneyes89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is great to mattify and is better than normal powders but still not dry skin friendly.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2012 11:29:00 AM More reviews by delicatepost

This is a very very fine powder.. it has no scent... It does set on my skin nicely.. it also makes my skin look brighter... not as sheer as other setting powders I've tried.. I can see the powder set on my nose.. my skin has no oil after this setting powder,, the packaging is a huge bulky cube,, which takes up so much space,, make it more compact!!! I wouldnt buy it again because there are other products out there that I like better..

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2012 12:05:00 AM More reviews by Leovalentine00

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have extremely sensative skin and this powder doesnt upset it at all which I wasnt expecting for a cheap 6$ product. It sets beautifully and feels silky to the touch and stays that way! It doesnt last any longer than 4 hours for me but I do have oily skin. I would definitely buy this product again but one must be very careful in the ammount of product you actually apply. It tends to look cakey if you dont buff and tap your brush first. Its e.l.f. and for 6$ this powder really does the job well.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2012 9:41:00 PM More reviews by chinco

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think the best way to use this is to mix it with any other powders that you want to throw away but feel pity about doing so. I got sample packets of everyday mineral's powders and mix them with this ELF translucent powder. actually I dont like the feeling when there's a layer of colorless powder on my skin. the package is spacious that you can mix whatever you want.
You don't really have to spend $$ on a kabuki brush, I think the puff that comes along with this powder is great. its soft on my skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/22/2012 12:38:00 PM More reviews by historian12

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I used this powder for awhile, but ended up throwing it away. If you're not careful about how you apply it, it can leave a whitish cast to the skin. The powder also has a strange, plastic-like texture--I really can't describe it. It also does nothing to absorb oil. The package is also bulky and awkward. Now that I think back on it, I'm not sure why I used it as long as I did!