September 23, 2014 | 1738 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Professional Super Thick Lash Mascara [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2011 9:23:00 PM More reviews by cmhwi

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was about $5 at target. Smudgeproof. Didn't have any flaking. Keeps curls. Removes easily with Neut. Eye Makeup Remover. This has a nice formula for every day definition (sorry not very thickening with one coat, but the trade-off is no clumps). Quite nice!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2011 7:26:00 PM More reviews by mctoft

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This does thicken lashes, but it also has made mine start falling out. I usually have long, healthy lashes. It's also hard to remove.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2011 6:16:00 PM More reviews by Nola504

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've used the regular smudgeproof Professional mascara for many, many years. I did not even know about this one until I read it here.
    My new HG. It makes my eyelashes dark, thick, and long, doesn't flake or smudge and washes off with soap and water. The brush is long, thick, and straight.
    I'm curious to see how long the tube holds up. One of my gripes about the other Professional mascara is that they started to put less product in the tube and it didn't last hardly any time at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2011 5:54:00 PM More reviews by simplisticcindy

HG status! Thanks to the great ratings on MUA, I was able to try this mascara recently. At first I was hesitant due to the assumption that inexpensive mascaras were not of good quality, however this mascara is truly comparable to the high end mascaras if not better. Trust me I've tried them all from high end (Diorshow, Nars, Estee Lauder....) to low end brands. Too bad they don't make it in waterproof, otherwise it would've been perfect. Great dark color (in Very Black) and really curls your lashes (I use Shu Uemura eyelash curler and it stays curled all day). It doesn't smudge at all or flakes which is most important to me when it comes to choosing the right mascara. Highly recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2011 2:12:00 AM More reviews by hemingwaykitten

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My HG mascara, CG Professional Super Thick Lash Mascara is my favorite find in the past 6 months. It's a bargain, it gives great volume, it can be layered without clumping, and it has a nice dark black color. I have long pale skinny lashes so I don't need to put up with extension mascaras dropping fibers in my contacts, but I need volume and definition.
    Better than my old favorite mascara, the discontinued Max Factor 2000 Calorie, in the respect that does not flake at all. I tried the plain CG Professional in the blue tube first, as a CG rep explained it was a dupe for the old MF 2000 Calorie, and it was comparable. The CG Professional Super Thick Lash is even better in the volume department and does not flake as easily. Get the raspberry red tube at the bottom of the shelf for about $5. Blows all others out of the water, and I've tried Too Faced Lash Injection, Estee Lauder, Maybelline Collassal, Maybelline Great Lash, Maybelline Full N Soft, Rimmel Lash Flirt, Rimmel Glam Eyes, Physican's Formula Organic, L'Oreal Voluminous and L'Oreal Stiletto looking for a mascara this good. Easy to remove with a wet wipe if necessary. As good as mascara gets.

EDIT: I agree with other posters about the regular fiber wand in CG Professional Super Thick Lash; the only improvement I can think of for this product would be a nice flexible rubber wand. The rubber wand works well in Rimmel Lash Flirt and achieves even application easily. It is more difficult to achieve quick even application with a regular fiber wand even though CG Professional Super Thick Lash is a better mascara!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2011 4:45:00 PM More reviews by forevercee

This is the most amazing mascara of all time! My eyeyes are often watery andy lids are oily. I have bought so many mascaras that range from high end to low end, and I have got to say that this is amazing. It hasn't smudged on me at all! I always end up with racoon eyes but with this one it's no the case! I love it so much. And plus it's cheap! Thank you makeupalleyyyy!
    And note that the mascara may seem to curl your lashes enough bit you need to put lots of coats until you reach the effect you want it to be.
    And also it washes off really easy with olive oil and I don't have any trouble at all! :) love it and recommend it!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2011 7:49:00 PM More reviews by xxnikki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been out of the mascara trying business for a while since I was using covergirl lash blast in the orange tube, I love that stuff but the wand is a bit big and I have lighter eyelashes so I want to get to the very base which was difficult without getting it on my lids as well. Anyway I really prefer the rubber type of wand, it just has worked better for my eyelashes, this has a regular fiber wand. However, it makes my eyelashes look really nice. When I first put it on I thought it was not good at all because I find the mascara kind of wet and I figured it was going to be a goopy mess but when it dried my eyelashes looked fantastic! Great volume and length. The only reason I wouldn't buy it again is to see if I can find a really good mascara with a small rubber type wand. But I'll defiantly be using this until its gone.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2011 8:58:00 PM More reviews by miszdeniise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great mascara!! It does give me a more dramatic look and can tell Im wearing mascara which I love!! I use it more at night then at day and I actually like this more than YSL Faux Cils plus its so much cheaper!! Will always buy this mascara!! Try it, it cheap!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2011 7:46:00 PM More reviews by labellevie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara! I've been using Lashblast (the volume+length) purple bottle and have been repurchasing for a year or two. Then one day I just really didn't feel like spending the $10 on mascara and remembered in high school using this. The cute little pink tube that is always on the very bottom shelf, sort of forgotten. for $4.99 at target in the US I couldn't resist trying it again. I am soo happy I did. I've yet to find my HG but this and lashblast are the closest things I have gotten so far. It's just as good as lashblast but half the price!

I like black mascara so I purchased this in Black. It lengthens, thickens and you can apply a few coats without getting clumps. It's so amazing for such a little price. Try it, it's so worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2011 5:15:00 PM More reviews by auricblaze4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Don't be fooled by this mundane looking pink tube! It's quite possibly the best mascara ever. Nobody believes that this is just a CoverGirl mascara because of the false lashes look this gives me. I don't have stellar lashes; they are a bit sparse and short. I receive compliments on how long, thick, and separated my lashes look with this. I would most certainly repurchase this! It's definitely my HG mascara!