Maybelline SuperStay 24HR Makeup - New Version

Aqua/Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Isododecane, Dimethicone, C30 45 Alkyl Dimethylsilyl Propylsilsequioxane, Glycerin, Silica, PEG 10 Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin 3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Nylon 12, Phenoxyethanol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Ethylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Paraffin, May Contain ( /-): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides)

on 1/17/2012 2:41:00 AM

It's such a shame because this foundation covers better than any other I have tried. My main issue was that it broke me out and was waaay too pink. By the end of the day I looked orange and cakey which is obviously not a good look on anyone. It also definitely does transfer. Too bad :(

on 1/14/2012 5:25:00 PM

This is definitely a full coverage foundation, and applied the wrong way could result in cakey looking results.

the best way to apply this is use a very small amount and use thin coats with a foundation brush as it needs to blend seamlessly. applied correctly, it gave a very nice finish, almost didn't need to set it with powder. very good coverage, good staying power. the only thing is i wish it had a pump!

As a lifelong makeup addict, I've tried a lot of foundations at a lot of different price points. This one is very affordable but is definitely among the best. The coverage is great, the staying power is great, it's not drying, and it's not oily. It's not perfect but its pretty close. It's very affordable too, which is a nice bonus!

on 1/9/2012 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have very oily skin and have always had a hard time finding a foundation that would last and control oil! I went to purchase a drug store brand foundation that I could use when I knew I wouldn't be going out and needing all day wear! I picked this up because it had 24 hour stay on the bottle and oil control. Much to my surprise it is true to its name when it says oil control! It does not last 24 hours however any time a brand puts a number to its product I never feel the product lives up to it! I paid $11 for this foundation and two most prior purchased a smashbox foundation at $42 ... smashbox is now collecting dust because I feel this foundation has WAY better coverage and is true to its name!!! LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!!!!!

on 1/6/2012 8:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I bought this in the shade Classic Ivory which is too pale for my skin tone. I have medium to tan Asian skin and this is way to pink and pale. I love the actual foundation though. Great coverage, light feel and long lasting. Not that I have much to compare it to, since it's the only foundation I've ever used. Took a lippie off since I wish the packaging had a pump but all well. If it was between a good foundation vs an ok foundation with a pump I'd definitely go with the first option!

I purchased this in Sand beige which is the second lightest color. The lightest color was a bit too light and too pink for me. Sand beige seems to have more neutral undertones. I mix equal parts of this and my Makeup For Ever HD microperfecting primer in pink and apply it to me face with my fingers. I then use a damp makeup sponge and press the product into my skin. This leaves my skin looking FLAWLESS! My pores disappear, it covers up any redness I may have, and it dries to a semi matte, airbrushed finish. I then use my EL DW concealer in extra light (HG concealer!) I LIGHTLY dust Mac's prep and prime transparent finishing powder just under my eyes and end with a light dusting of benefit's Hello Flawless in neutral champagne to set the foundation. I prob don't need the powder but it lightens the color just a titch. This is my latest face routine and I absolutely love this foundation. The color is an exact match to EL DW light intensity 2 and the finish and lasting power seem to be similar as well. Overall, this is a fantastic foundation!

on 1/3/2012 11:08:00 PM

MY SKIN: Oily, significant acne scarring, hyperpigmentation, redness around the nose. Yellow undertones.

THE PRICE: $10 at most places

PACKAGING: Typical screw top bottle, no pump (which is a con)

HOW I APPLIED: With EcoTools bronzer brush (which is pretty much a dense kabuki). No primer.

COVERAGE/APPLICATION: Full coverage, easy to blend (much better than Revlon Colorstay). However, I noticed it settled into my fine line around my mouth and eyes. I set it with Revlon Colorstsay pressed powder.

WEAR: Wore this on a 12 hour work day. Coverage wise, it wore well. I had a little shine by the end of the day but nothing signifcant.

DOES IT TRANSFER?: Yes!! This was the deal breaker for me. It transfers horrendously unto clothes and collars.

OVERALL: No repurchase. Despite the good coverage, it still settled into lines and looked rather cakey. I hated how badly it transferred too. A miss for me.

on 12/30/2011 1:00:00 AM

I've only worn this for 1 day, so my review may change. So far, so good. Yes, it got shiny on my forehead but it did not break up like EL Total Camo. I'm NC15 or NC20 depending on the product and Sand Beige is a good match. Unlike other reviewers this did not oxidize on me. It covers well and is very easy to apply, unlike Revlon Colorstay and EL DW. It did rub off around my runny nose, but it still blended in and did not leave an obvious foundation to no foundation line. Anybody who knows a snot- proof foundation or concealer please email me!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Obsessed! My favorite foundation & I also have NARS Sheer Glow and Make Up Forever HD! Great coverage for problem areas and looks so natural applied with a damp sponge. Some of the shades are a little too pink though,

on 12/20/2011 3:34:00 PM

I have done a 2-week test with 2 x 1ml sachets of product, so it is short-term review. FYI I have the "30 Sand/Sable". I wear EL DW in 2N2-Fresco and Dior Forever (old formula) in 020. It matches my face tone perfectly.

Is smooth, water-based and thin in consistency, more like a serum than a foundation (my other 2 are definitely creamier). I applied it with my fingers and I had even coverage with no streaking. It dries slower than my previous 2 which I think is better because I have more time to work with it. The finish is semi-matte, not powdery but also not glowy. A soft, defused creamy is a more accurate description.
It is advertised as "medium coverage" but the coverage I get is quite light. Some old acne pigmentation on my skin showed through and even with an extra layer on the spot I still could see it. It did not accentuate any dry patches on my face, but also did not hide my 2 flakes (1mm each).

It claims (as shown on the sachets):

--- Lasts up to 24 hours ---
I have not put that to the test, just did my normal work hours.
At day one, after three hours without powder my oily zone has gotten a little shinier but it still held better than my other 2 foundations. More glowy than oily, its a subtle difference. At six hours I wanted to blot or powder, but still looked presentable. Took it off at eight hours. Decent.
Next day I wore it alone and at 3 hours I applied softly a little powder (not mattifying - Chanel loose powder). Gorgeous. At eight hours still looks good with a little blotting being preferable but not necessary.
Third day I wore it powdered from the start and it looked good after 3 hours and just a little glowy at the end of my eight hours.

--- Helps resist sweat and heat ---
It's winter here in Greece so not much heat or sweat. It's a claim I'll have to check on spring/summer.

--- Helps resist rubbing off ---
It does. At four hours I rubbed my face with a white towel and all I had was the tiniest smear of something. Not colour exactly. I believe it is the light dusting of powder I used + my natural oils. It's not like the towel is immaculate, but it says that it "helps resist" so I guess their claim is valid.

--- Flexible, breathable, comfortable ---
Flexible: I don't know how they define this. I never had a foundation "crack" on me.
Breathable: See bellow "clogged pores". Do they mean something else?
Comfortable: Yes, it is. More comfortable than my other two. It really feels like I am not wearing make up. I hate to say this because I am a makeup snob, but I have to admit it.

--- Oil-free ---
Well, I can't check that in any other way than to see the ingredients they provide. As I can see, it is oil-free.

--- Doesn't clog pores ---
For the two weeks I used it it did not clog my pores. And the existing pimple I had healed normaly (as opposed to when I wear the Dior Forever). So I would GUESS that this is still valid for long-term use.

Some more:
It has spf 19, for some this may be a bonus but I personally do not care for that.
It has no smell that I can detect, when I put it under my nose all I detect is a faint, neutral "foundation-ish" smell. How can you describe a non-smell?
From the photo I see that this comes with a pump. This is a plus for me, but I cannot know if it clogs / how much it dispenses.

For what it does I find the price really-really good ($10.99 on their site). Will I buy this? If I needed to buy a foundation now yes, I would. As it is, I'll probably finish my other two first. Only because I paid so much for them.