April 17, 2014 | 1936 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - SuperStay 24HR Makeup - New Version

rated 3 of 5 on 10/28/2011 8:30:00 PM More reviews by latindrprincess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product does not do what it says it does not last very long and I need something that lasts at least 10 hours. This only lasts about 5 before it starts to oxidize. The coverage is. Very heavy but doesn't last long I can get the same results from a lighter foundation. Color selection is pretty good I'm true beige and it matches my skin perfectly. I tired honey beige and it's to dark and orange for me. Overall the product is ok. It's not doing what I wanted to due which is stay put all day. Then again I have oily combination skin which may be affecting how long it lasts and I have not used a primer with it. I don't want to load a whole bunch of crap on my face.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/20/2011 8:05:00 AM More reviews by zany05

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product in the beginning of September and I regret it. When I was in shop shade "Nude" seemed fine, but when I got home and tried it out it turned out to be SO pink, but other colors didn't match at all. Everything was too dark or too pink or too orange.
In general, coverage was fine, I'm not sure if it really lasts 24 hours, after 7 hours sure it started to look kinda oily. Although my skin is oily and I haven't found foundation which makes me stay matte all day long. But the choice of shades is the worst thing about this foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2011 12:19:00 PM More reviews by Bamababy99

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I would have to say this is my HG foundation. I normally use a foundation up, then try a new one. But, I always go back to this one! I have normal/ dry skin with a good bit of redness. I stipple on, with a brush, 2 thin layers and let it dry. Then, apply a light dusting of loose powder, and I'm set! It looks even better as the day/ night goes on. I can't push myself to department store makeup. I have good skin, already. So I don't feel the need to spend 30 bucks. I am young, as well. My drugstore makeup works just fine. I reccomend this to anyone. It is amazing. Although, I would like a pump! I will continue to buy this until another new foundation comes about. Thanks, Maybelline!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/10/2011 9:58:00 AM More reviews by NattyNat82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this foundation. It was light on my skin and it was very easy to blend. It covers fairly well. I have a few acne scars, and it covered them nicely. I don't like the packaging because it is a mess and doesn't come out of the bottle easily. This product stays on well. It is not transfer free, but doesn't come off easily either. I use makeup towelettes to get it off before I wash my face at night. The downfall with this makeup for me was that it didn't match my skin. The Porcelain Ivory was too pink and the Classic Ivory was too dark. There was an inbetween which was the SandBeige, but that was too dark too. I would purchase again perhaps, but I would try the Porcelain Ivory despite its pinkness.
Also, I paid like 12.99 at Walgreens for this.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2011 10:47:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This foundation was a super let down as I really wanted to it to work for me and become an item I could rely on and add to my favourite foundation collection. Sadly this foundation just didn't work for me at all in terms of shade or longevity of wear. I tried the three lightest shades available ( porcelain ivory, sand beige and classic ivory) and all three didn't match or compliment my complexion (MAC NC15). They all had a strong pink/peach undertone that was obvious and become worse during the day related to oxidization. In terms of wear it didn't come close to the 24 hour claim, but more like two to four hours before my face felt really greasy and just plain uncomfortable.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2011 2:29:00 PM More reviews by sickgirl13

At first, I liked how this applied. It felt smooth, creamy, and seemed to cover well. I used it with an without a primer. It covered better without the primer, believe it or not. Once it sets, its a different story. This made my face look very chalky and uneven. All my imperfections came through and my face just looked horrible.
I even tried different techniques (sponge, fingers, and brush) and still the same results. I am taking this back for a refund.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2011 10:08:00 AM More reviews by kania

I have this in Cocoa. I usually apply it with a brush. It covers my fading acne scars VERY well. It didn't do so well when the scars were their darkest without concealer. It's pretty much a perfect match, though. I can put it on part of my face and blend, and it looks good. It, however, absolutely does NOT stay 24 hours. It transfers like crazy. Even if I lightly touch my face, my finger tips are brown. It fades after about 4 hours. I've tried to set it with cheap Cover Girl powder and expensive Lancome powder. No dice. I said I would not buy again, really because it's only to cover these scars while they fade. I hadn't worn foundation in about 5 years and will only wear this until my skin clears. In the end, it covers OK but does not last. Colorstay in Cappuccino is a little to green

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2011 3:29:00 AM More reviews by meimeix3

At first i hated this foundation. It slightly didn't match my skin tone, it was too thick, and it felt too heavy on my face. I decided to just use it as a spot concealer and under eye concealer and ti worked pretty well. Then recently i decided to give it a second chance but instead i chose to mix it with my moisturizer to sheer out the coverage and the foundation blended out beautiful on my skin! I really dont need much coverage since my skin is pretty clear. my skin is just slightly uneven. This make up does last for a long time. If you dont need much coverage like me, i suggest you sheer it out with moisturizer like i did but if you do need more coverage go ahead and apply it regularly.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2011 4:56:00 PM More reviews by brittney93

When I first tried this I hated it. It just did not look right. BUT recently I decided to give it another go because I felt bad that it was just going to waste and I totally changed my mind about it. When I started using it again I loved that it was creamy and easily blendable. The only thing that I find strange is that I have normal to dry skin and this foundation tends to make my skin look really really dewey and after a while kind of greasy. But I really do like it still because a little powder after a couple hours easily solves the oil problem.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2011 8:16:00 AM More reviews by Mellymoomar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

This foundation is possibly one of the worst drugstore foundations that I have found. I got it dirt cheap and thought it would be a really good buy for someone on a budget but honestly it is not worth it in my opinion. I got the colour ivory, and was a little dubious anyway because even in the bottle it didn't look like a very pale colour, but it seemed to come up fairly okay on my hand, so I gave it the benefit of the doubt and bought it. However, when I came to put it on my face in the morning it looked so bad. It made me look orange and completely didn't suit my skin tone at all. Having always bought foundation in the lightest colour I could find because of my pale skin, usually in the colour ivory, I have never found one that has left me that orange. I just looked too dark for my skin and even with a translucent powder applied over the top it didn't do much to tone it down, leaving my neck a different colour to my face even when I blended the foundation down. It was awful, a truly bad experience with foundation. While it might work for others it definitely didn't for me. Would not recommend and never buy again!