August 1, 2014 | 1171 users online

Moisturizers - Cetaphil - Moisturizing Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2012 11:43:00 PM More reviews by cecilelpham

I love this moisturizer. It is the perfect remedy for my dried out skin during the fall and winter. On days when I have patches of dry skin, I put just a little in that area because applying too much will cause your skin to get oily. Nowadays I don't use this moisturizer as much, but I know it will definitely come in handy during the winter! Also it doesn't break me out, and I found that there are only a few ingredients in this product. So it's perfect for those with sensitive skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2012 9:49:00 PM More reviews by franchen

This is a very thick and moisturizing cream so I use it all over my face at night and only on my dry areas during day. I also use it as a hand/ foot cream at night. It is a pretty decent moisturizing cream and a little goes a long way although the packaging sucks. I make it work by scooping some into a plastic sauce bottle so that I can just squeeze the amount I need every time.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/27/2012 1:48:00 AM More reviews by fragiles0ng

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff. I hate the packaging, but it makes sense considering how thick it is. I just use a spatula. I have bad dryness right now due to a prescription acne treatment, and this makes my skin so comfortable.

ETA: The lauryl sulfates and the cetyl alcohol proved to be too much for my skin. Why would a skincare brand target especially for sensitive skin have these ingredients?!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2012 4:11:00 AM More reviews by alousek

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

A very simple but good moisturizer, it calms the skin down and provides moisture.
I use it only when my skin feels super sensitive and chopped to calm it down, otherwise i prefer using creams with other effects as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2012 11:19:00 PM More reviews by ChaCaCheeze

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

This is my absolute favorite facial moisturizer! I have very dry, sensitize skin, and this is the only moisturizer I've found that works well for me. It IS very heavy, but it's noncomedogenic (won't clog pores) and fragrance free. I can see why some people don't like it, because it could look greasy for awhile if you have oily or even just normal skin. I haven't had a problem with it being too greasy or too heavy, though. It's just moisturizing enough! Plus, it's dirt cheap - I paid $10.79 for a full 16 ounces. It's literally 10 times cheaper than the Simple night cream I tried, ounce for ounce. I think it's even paraben free, but I'm not 100% sure. The only drawback to this product is that it's in a tub...*sigh.* It's just not hygienic to stick your fingers in the same big jar of moisturizer multiple times per day (even if you wash your hands first), especially if you share the jar with someone else. Because it's such a big jar, all those little germs from under your fingernails will have plenty of time to multiply before you toss the tub and get a new one. My solution has been to buy a smaller cream jar from the travel section, wash it, then use a clean spatula to fill it with Cetaphil cream. I keep the travel jar on the bathroom counter, and put the rest away. When the small jar is empty, I can wash it and refill it! You can't tell that I'm a germophobe at all, can you? ;)

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2012 3:01:00 PM More reviews by BS5688

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have extremely dry skin, and this was the first product that has kept my skin(face and body) moisturized throughout the whole day. I worked at numerous cosmetic counters in Macy's and am knowledgeable about the skin care products for many brands. However, I decided to try the Cetaphil cream because someone suggested it to me. I was satisfied with the results and improvement of my skin within one day. I use it on my face and body at night before I go to bed and my skin stays hydrated. I have used it for about a week and my skin has completely changed. However, the only down side is that the one I have is in a tube and I would rather have a pump or a squeeze tube. This product is definitely affordable and does a better job than expensive creams from higher end brands.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2012 11:34:00 PM More reviews by bru33

this is such a good lotion fo anything! I use it on my legs after i shave it makes it so smooth and ingrown hairs disappear like that! really reccommend you try this. I buy mine at costco it is cheaper there and sometimes has coupons....good luck!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2012 2:48:00 PM More reviews by BrigitteBardot

Wonderful product. I mostly use it on my feet, elbows, knees, and hands. I love that it's not scented, so it won't clash with perfume. Since my skin is not usually dry and I don't believe in using night creams, I can also use this on my face the rare times I need to when I don't have another moisturizer. (I try to use higher-end products on my face, but since moisturizer isn't part of my nightly routine-more when my skin's dried out from acne treatments-I don't always want to spend extra money.) This is a gentle product, and I don't think it's ever caused me to break out. Not the most glamorous packaging, but it gets the job done, is reasonably priced and easy to find.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2012 9:17:00 AM More reviews by saskiayu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Skin: sensitive, dry
I bought this in the tube for hygiene reasons. Cetaphil has a few moisturisers on shelf - I got the one for dry and sensitive skin.

I have tried quite a few products since my skin has turned sensitive - from high end to mid range. This was the cheapest thing I tried but the only one that rescued my red, dry and irritated skin in only a couple of days. It seems like what my skin needed was a really solid protective barrier and this was it.

You may want to avoid it on the oily t-zones/parts of your face because you may get a little shiny in those areas during the day. I use some sunscreen and powder over the top so it's not a big issue for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2012 8:30:00 AM More reviews by coarsegoldgirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have extremely dry skin and have searched for a lotion product that really went into my skin without greasy filling. Several years ago I saw this at Costco and tried it and could not believe this simple looking jar of cream was what I have been looking for. I use it on my face under my eyes, my body it is the ultimate. It really does work and does not leave a sticky, greasy or waxy feel or look that I was always left with after all other moisturizers. Please try for yourself if your looking for a great night cream or day cream.