December 20, 2014 | 1685 users online

Moisturizers - Cetaphil - Moisturizing Cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2013 12:40:00 AM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have a tube of this stuff and it's great for my sensitive skin. (I have rosacea and hormonal acne)
It absorbs well and doesn't leave a greasy feeling.
It was a toss up between this and Cerave moisturizing cream and I chose the Cerave because of its ingredients. I think the Cetaphil cream is a good standard moisturizer but the Cerave seems to have better ingredients, plus it's a bit cheaper than the Cetaphil.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2013 1:23:00 PM More reviews by northerngal100

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I always have tube of this stashed in my medicine cabinet. It is excellent for dry, sensitive skin. I use it at night usually, but sometimes I will rub som ein my palms and dab it all over my face for the day (particularly in the winter or after skiing, a day in the sun). I don't find it's too heavy or greasy. I have tried other (more expensive) heavy moisturizing creams and I feel like none are as effective as this - especially for the money.

I usually just buy the tube as the tub seems overwhelming and slightly unsanitary if you aren't diligent with hand washing before using! The packaging isn't pretty - but it works!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2013 8:48:00 PM More reviews by skyybound1243

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really did not like this product. I have very oily yet sensitive skin that breaks out like crazy. I am currently using epiduo and actezone (sp?) so my usually oily skin can get really red irritated and dry yet greasy at the same time. this was way to heavy for my skin and made it look even more greasy and irritated it leaving me with a burning tingling sensation (after i applied my prescription medication).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 8:36:00 PM More reviews by Sumptergal

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

If you have sensitive skin this is your best moisturizer. It removes makeup and leaves your skin moisturized, clean, and without redness and that awful itchy feeling.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 8:16:00 PM More reviews by walk6860

This is the best product I have used on my sensitive skin in quite some time.

I use as a night cream, and even as a spot treatment during the day for dry patches. I have combination skin that is pimple prone but in the winter it gets really dehydrated - this product is my HG saving grace.

I typically put on a thick layer before bed, and I wake up with silky smooth, hydrated and happy skin.

A must try. For the price, you absolutely cannot go wrong. I have tried many other more expensive creams, and none of them come close.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2012 1:40:00 AM More reviews by FloralRed

This is some good stuff!
Who would have thought that proper moisturizing would help acne? ... or at least I didn't. I always moisturize, but the products that I was using didn't seem to help. I bought this because I heard that it's a very effective moisturizer, even if it says for this or that skin type. Before I used this, my skin was going through hell. I moved about an hour away from my hometown to college, and my college is located near the beach so it's very humid there! For whatever reason my skin turned into combo skin. It was dry, flaky-feeling when you touched it, and it was very oily at the same time. I'm guessing because of the weird irritation, my skin started breaking out. After using this cream under SPF during the day and my night cream before bed my skin turned normal! It was amazing! Pimples reduced by a lot, and my skin looked supple and just moisturized. I also go back home sometimes on the weekend, and my hometown's climate is pretty dry, and this stuff still does the job. Cetaphil's Moisturizing Cream saves my skin in any climate. :)
I wish this came in a pump, because I always get a little grossed out when I have to keep touching what's already in the tub, but nothing bad has happened to my skin so I don't see any further problems. The tub is giant, so it's well worth the price. I haven't used this on the body yet, just the face.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2012 10:21:00 PM More reviews by jule90k

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have extremely dry skin during the winter time and this cream is the only one that has truly helped the dryness stay away. I've tried MANY different kinds of moisturizers. From asian brands to drugstore products, I never found a lotion that helped with my dryness/flakiness. But alas, I have FINALLY found it and it's the this Cetaphil Cream...

I use it at night and apply right after washing my face with an oil-free based cleanser. I typically use the Cetaphil cleanser. Since I'm currently using two types of medications for my acne (tretinoin and clindamycin), I thought I would break out using this cream since it's not oil free. But no such thing has happened! It has officially become my holy grail moisturizer for the winter.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2012 5:46:00 PM More reviews by sarandipity68

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

LOVE THIS!!

skin type: normal- sometimes combination (oily and normal and dry) but usually normal

not a fan of their cleanser so was hesitant to try it, but did since it was about $8.00 for the big tub, and thought i could use it as a hand cream if it failed as a moisturizer.. I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS CREAM.. It is wonderful for winter time (might be a bit heavy for summer, but will update review once summer hits)

My face glows, and it moisturizes so well. I use it all over my face, neck hands.. In the past i have used
korres rose moisturizer ( $30+)
lush, vanishing cream ($42.)
olay mosturizer ($8)
clinique dramatically different moisturizing ($25)

And the cetaphil so far is the best one. i stopped using my korres mositurizer because i prefer this cream instead. a MUST try, and it is so cheap!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2012 10:33:00 PM More reviews by cmacintyre100

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use this on my face as a night cream. It is a bit thick, but it is perfect for overnight. Never had a problem with breakouts. No fragrance which is nice. I purchased the tube, which I always prefer, so it is sanitary. I believed I paid around $15 CAD. Will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2012 7:09:00 PM More reviews by PixiewithSticks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Violet

This has been my go to everyday moisturizer for years. I use it everywhere except my face. I didn't start having dry skin issues until I was about 25 or so, not sure what changed at that time, but I started getting dry skin especially in the winter. Cetaphil keeps my skin soft and smooth year round, plus it's very good for irritated skin and for after waxing.