October 21, 2014 | 1014 users online

Moisturizers - Cetaphil - Moisturizing Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2012 3:20:00 PM More reviews by BitJustGingerly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the one product I have bought many times, over and over, since I discovered it 15+ years ago. If you are looking for a no frills, non-irritating, and reasonably priced moisturizer that won't make you break out, get this. It can also be bought in a 3 ounce tube, although a little pricier than the big jar, but perfect for travel and your purse.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2012 1:54:00 PM More reviews by TaniaRides

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

My skin has been dry ever since I moved to Canada from the US about six years ago. I had perfect, trouble-free skin before the move (even in my teen years), so I was never quite sure what to do about the problems I've encountered since moving (thanks Ontario!). The dry, painful skin seems to get worse with every winter, so I knew I had to suck it up and try to find a new face moisturizer this year. I went through a bunch of Neutrogena and Oil of Olay moisturizers that were doing absolutely nothing to moisturize my face these days; they just burned and seemed to dry me out more.
Skincare products are ridiculously expensive here, usually 2-4 times what they are in the States, so I hate buying new products. But I read tons of reviews on many different sites over the past couple months and finally decided to give Cetaphil's Moisturizing Cream a try (mostly due to the great reviews here on MUA). After using the cream for only two days, my skin was totally fixed. No dry patches, no acne, no pain, and my skin was actually smooth and healthy looking (like seriously glowing.. and not greasy, *glowing*). I've been using it for about 4 weeks now and my skin looks so nice that my husband has even started using the Cetaphil (and I've been begging him to use moisturizer for years to no avail).
The cream does take 10 or so minutes to really sink in, but I don't mind at all. It's heaven to put on a cream and not have it make my skin burn and feel tighter. And I love washing my face and putting the cream on at night before bed, and waking up with perfect, soft skin. It feels very decadent and soothing to me.
I'm not sure that I'll use this in the summer, as it is very heavy, but this is a lifesaver for me right now. I use it on my face, chest area, arms and hands, and my skin hasn't felt or looked this good in a long time... I'm so happy that I gave this a try. This is a HG item for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2012 1:48:00 PM More reviews by jaycarr

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have found the perfect deep moisturizer for my face! I noticed my normal facial moisturizer (currently Murad) wasn't doing the job and I had dry patches that caused my makeup to flake. I use many products containing salicylic acid and am very breakout prone, so the most important thing I look for in a facial moisturizer is that it be noncomedogenic (doesn't clog pores). Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream is amazing. I use it at night so it can really sink in, and just in case I get super oily by chance. It has never caused or irritated any breakouts. I have the tube version which is perfect. The texture is very smooth and doesn't feel greasy. I love this especially for the winter when my skin needs all the moisture it can get.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2012 11:00:00 AM More reviews by sofinthesky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

HG moisturizing for my super dry skin. I have rosacea and this doesn't irritate my sensitive skin at all.
Totally recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2012 1:57:00 AM More reviews by tbastas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Great moisturising cream for normal to dry skin types! Really moisturises and makes skin soft use it every night! In the mornings I like to use a moisturiser with spf. Does not irritate my sensitive skin and plus it is fragrance free. I have serious allergies to fragrances so I have to use fragrance free products. I love the fact that there are companies out that formulate there products for sensitive skin and realise that not everyone has got tolerant skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2012 10:32:00 AM More reviews by AlexAlexAlex

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have extremely dry skin, and this product is my absolute life saver in the winter months. I've tried dozens of drug store and high end moisturizers, and this one is the best. I wear it every day on my face, and it keeps my skin moisturized for 12 hours. It also helps keep redness around my nose and mouth to a minimum. Without cetaphil on, I wouldn't even be able to wear concealer, as it sticks to the dry skin and looks cakey and uneven.

I know many women would think smearing this on their face would be just about the worst idea imaginable. But for people with dry skin and few breakouts, it is THE BEST.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2012 6:49:00 PM More reviews by rainydays1234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the best product for dry skin! I LOVE this cream. Cetaphil products were formulated by dermatologists so they are all extremely gentle and very effective. For $10, you get a 16 oz jar which is a ton of product for the price due to how little you need to use to moisturize. I agree with others that this isn't the best packaging if you were to use this on your face. Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream is intended for face or body however, I would want to purchase a second jar to use exclusively on my face. I just can't bring myself to dip into the jar and smear product on my face after I've touched my feet with it...even though I'm crazy about keeping my hands (and feet!) clean :)

This cream is so effective at hydrating my skin because it has glycerin, dimethicone, and sweet almond oil. It is frangrance free, non-comedogenic, and dermatologist recommended. Safe for babies and formulated for those with extremely sensitive skin and eczema, this is a great product all skin types. It is a little heavy so, if you don't like cream than I would definitely recommend the lotion. I get severely itchy, dry skin as soon as the weather starts to cool so this is a must for me! I use this as an all-over body moisturizer after my shower and again on my legs, feet, arms, and chest at night. My skin stays itch free, never greasy and my husband is always complimenting me on my soft skin!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2012 6:15:00 PM More reviews by Nazhuka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This cream is thick, and if you apply too much it can feel really greasy. I tried buying it after reading the reviews here, as well as my mom's reccomendation, but I find it to be just average... I didn't get the very soft, moisturized feeling after applying it on my hands and legs. Don't get me wrong, it does do it's job as s moisturizer, it just didn't go out of it's way much to impress me and convince me for a re-purchase. To me, the price for this product is a little steep, considering how it doesn't work extremely well for me. High chances that I won't buy this again...

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2012 12:13:00 PM More reviews by CokeDuSmoke

When winter approaches, the harsh Canadian weather can get quite brutal at times--for my skin. I would say I have normal skin, not oily, nor dry in many places normally. Needless to say, I did find my skin getting drier and drier, so instead of repurchasing my favorite moisturizer with spf, I opted for this.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've tried only one Cetaphil product before my purchase--the oily skin cleanser, and it's my HG cleanser so far. And boy have I tried many. But anyways, the reviews seemed good.

To the product, (finally). The consistency is hard, but creamy. Applying this to damp skin is a dream. It soaks in almost instantly and only leaves a slight film, which I don't mind for nighttime. When I wake up, my skin is so soft and plump, like a baby's face. It does not aggravate or cause acne for me, which makes it a keeper in my books. It may have caused a couple odd blackheads for me, which is why I docked a lippie.

Overall, I really like this and will definitely repurchase when I run out.

PS: this is great on the neck/chest area after a shower. :.)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2012 5:41:00 AM More reviews by Jwalash

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

OMG. I have been looking for a moisturizer for my skin for over 5 years now. Most of them either broke me out or sat on top of my skin n left my normal/dry skin greasy. I've tried all the popular drug store brands and some higher end brands n thought moisturizer was without a cause. I picked this up bc I've heard good things and I figured for 13 bucks and lots of product, I'll use it on my hands n feet instead of my face. This stuff sinks right into your skin, 5 minutes later I can apply makeup without getting residue on my brushes, I have not had one pimple since I've started using this and my skin is looking much better after a weeks use!!! I am in love. I can't stop touching my face!!!
The packaging sucks, I mean who wants to put their hands into a big jar repetitively? But it would never be able to squeeze or pump out of a bottle bc of its thickness. I took a Clinique moisture surge jar and emptied the product and scooped some of this thick cream into it so there is less contamination (I'm kind of a germaphobe lol). I couldn't be happier, great for my winter skin, hands n feet! 5 stars all around. No smell AT ALL, no irritation, and moisture is restored ASAP. I recommend to everyone, all ages, and all skin types! Good going cetaphil, maybe ill try their face wash next