Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream

4.2

Water, Petrolatum, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Dicaprylyl Ether, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, PEG-30 Glyceryl Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hydroxide, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Disodium EDTA, Propylene Glycol.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I freakin loveee this cream!
Even though I have oily skin, I still need to hydrate my skin. This hydrates my skin beautifulllyyyyyyy. I use this all over my face and neck at night and when I wake up, my face is baby soft.
Since im oily, thick creams doesnt work for me during the day under my makeup so I dont really use this in the morning. But I occasionally get dry patches during winter and thats when I use this cream during the day. And when I do, my makeup goes on soooo smoothly.
This is love.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I have dry skin and this lotion is the only one that keeps it looking moisturized. It even gives it kind of a luminous glow too, which is an added bonus!

on 3/6/2013 4:29:00 PM

I was in search for a night cream --- something gentle but very moisturizing especially because I get really dry during the wintertime . I heard a lot of great things about the Cetaphil one ... it doesn't irritate and is super gentle.

Good:
- It's cheap! I got the big tub and it'll last me forever (it wasn't too expensive either... compared to the Aveeno moisturizer which I use during the daytime).
- not scented --- I'm not sensitive to scents but I like the fact that it didn't have a strong fragrance
- very moisturizing (expanded below)
- gentle; sometimes daytime moisturizes (especially those with SPF) can sting my eyes at the end of the day [product traveling and me rubbing my eyes] but this did not sting, ever :)

Neutral:
- no SPF; I don't like the smell of SPF & didn't need it as I wanted to only use this during the evening.

Bad:
- clogged pores!!! (expanded below)
- packaging was meh --- a tub? could be unsanitary! I accidentally left my lid off for a couple of hours... >.< and you have to dip your fingers in to get the product

So at first I was skeptical about this but I bought into the hype and decided to try it out. I had previously been using the St. Ives moisturizer. They are similar (not comparable though) --- in a tub, no SPF, gentle etc. This product is quite thick and oily. I thought that was okay because during the winter I would get dry spots and this really helped to effectively moisturize my skin by morning. I also like that I can just randomly use this on my body too.

What I really DISLIKE about this (and my reason for not re-purchasing), similar to another reviewer, THIS CLOGS MY PORES. A HUGE no-no for me since I grew up with acne (still get the monthly breakouts too). It doesn't break me out... which means it's gentle? but it clogs like no tomorrow. I should have been suspicious because every morning my face is SUPER OILY (which I didn't mind because I was going to wash it off). At first I thought I was using too much but the cream just sits on your face and doesn't sink in.

It didn't immediately click that my clogged pores were due to this cream and no amount of exfoliating would alleviate the issue. I'm pretty bummed about this discovery :/

I'll probably continue to use it on my body, as well as the infrequent spot treatment for dry spots :)

on 3/6/2013 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Cetaphil, Cetaphil, Cetaphil - Every derm will recommend this product for any type of skin condition. I have combination skin with a few breakouts a month. I have tried almost every cetaphil product because of how highly it is recommended. My question is WHY THOUGH. This product does literally NOTHING for my skin. After using my skin feels greasy, like it doesn't soak in and sits on top. It will even break my face out. The facial cleanser is basically like rubbing water on my face, I do not feel clean at all after I am done using it. I will stop giving in and wanting to like this product and just accept that is it not for me.

on 3/6/2013 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is my HG moisturizer. I use the SPF 15 in the day and the body cream (like the one in the pic) on my face and neck at night. It's amazing. While you can feel it on your face at night its not a bad thing because your skin is amazing the following day. My daughter has very dry skin, and this was actually for her, until I discovered it!! I bought more and now we both use it everyday!

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I cannot live without this moisturizer. I use it everyday. I used to stress over my dry and cakey looking makeup. I went through all kinds of moisturizers, but none of them helped my makeup look smooth and flawless. And then I found this amazing product. I apply it on my body right after showering and I apply it to my face before I do my makeup routine. A little goes a long way. Don't use too much because it can make you look greasy. It helps my concealer and foundation go on sooo smoothly. And I also noticed that since I started using this moisturizer, my acne scars are fading away. My face has never looked so clear.

on 3/5/2013 6:25:00 PM

This was recommended to me from a friend as a "very good" moisturizer for my face. Let's just say, I'm questioning the loyalty and trust in our friendship now. I have mild to severe acne. But it's rare that a product makes me worse or irritates me. This product did just that. When I applied it, I did sparingly and it was still very greasy. And it's way thicker than expected. This is also not water based, and has oil and alcohol in it. This also made my face red and itchy directly after application. And it also made my face greasier faster throughout the day. But I used it on my body and it was okay. So that's why I gave it 2 stars.

on 2/22/2013 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I am in LOVE! I have such dry skin, especially on my hands and legs in the winter time and my face isn't much better so I really needed a GOOD moisturizer...DING DING DING... Found it! This is SO thick and creamy and it just glides on so smoothly...ahhhhh.....lol. Worth every penny ladies :)

on 2/16/2013 10:36:00 PM

This is so moisturizing, I really wish I could use it on my face. It works fine for the body although a little thick and filmy for my taste, and on my face, dear lord does it clog my pores! No inflamed pimples or breakouts, but so many pores on my cheeks were clogged and there was a huge difference in the texture when I had only been using this for a few days. Once I stopped using it, I stopped getting the clogs but they took a while to clear up. So I think I wouldn't buy this again, except maybe as a body lotion in a pinch!

on 2/16/2013 6:51:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

My dermatologist recommended this for the eczema on my body. I used it on my face & never looked back! I love it as a simple, no frills moisturiser. It's creamy but not oily, reliable & does not contain any fancy (read: potentialy irritating) ingredients. Fragrance free, moisturises well without any greasiness on me. My skin is just calm & moisturised. I reach for it when I need a break from all the rest or when my skin is in trouble & sensitised from whatever I've thrown at it, or when the weather is cold & dry. It works well every time! Convenient when travelling because I get mine in a tube (no jar where I stay), & it can be used on both face & body without blowing out my budget. Highly recommend this!!