December 19, 2014 | 1809 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2013 6:06:00 PM More reviews by Molleechristine

My Clarisonic Mia is magical! i bought my Mia about four months ago and my skin has completely transformed! My skin feels so soft and smooth after only one use! This skin tool is way worth the price, i was a little nervous at first but i do not regret at all buying it. It has helped my skin so much!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2013 9:48:00 AM More reviews by EJ314

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have had the Mia for a month now, and so far I have noticed areas where I had redness (chin & all areas around nose) are 98% gone. I am also noticing old acne scars (brown spots) on my cheeks are fading and some of the lighter ones I had are now gone. Skin feels much smoother! I am using the sensitive brush 2X a day. In the morning I just use water, and at night I wash makeup off first than use the Mia. Definitely worth the price to me!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2013 8:50:00 AM More reviews by Mayagayam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this because of the rave reviews - I'm so glad I did.

First use, deep pore cleansing and exfoliation. Second use, smaller pores.

One day I used it 2 cycles and did break capillaries in my cheek oops. Now I use it only 2ce a week, with hot cloth cleansings in between, and I love it.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/15/2013 11:30:00 PM More reviews by SB213

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm truly undecided about this so far. I've been trying to re-vamp my beauty routine and improve my skin tone and texture lately, and I've heard great things about the Clarisonic Mia, so I decided to give it a try. I'm pretty oily (but now have drier skin, due to a sulfur ointment that I've been using), so I wanted something that would really get my makeup off, clean my pores and decrease the oil (and dry patches). I purchased the deep pore cleansing brush after reading up on it, because I thought that would be the best one for my skin type. I started by charging it for the full 24 hours (oh, BTW, I had to return the first one I bought to sephora because I plugged it in and it just buzzed for hours and never charged, clearly defective), and used it at night after applying Neutrogena Visibly Even cleanser. My skin felt very smooth and clean. I used it the following night with the same results. The next morning, my skin was VERY broken out with large, red, angry cysts everywhere. I decreased my use to every other day, so the verdict is out whether this will work for me. I'll probably try using the the brush that the Mia came with to see if that makes a difference. I know people say that you have a "purging" of sorts when you first use this, however the quantity and severity of my breakouts from this is unacceptable. I';; give it a little more time and then it's back to Sephora.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2013 9:26:00 AM More reviews by hollyms

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was so excited to get the Mia. I thought it would perform miracles, clear my skin and make me look radiant. It doesn't do that for me. The only real benefit I get from this brush is that it makes my skin extra clean by removing every ounce of makeup. My skin really does feel squeaky clean. But that's it. It doesn't help my acne, and it actually makes my sensitive skin peel more that it already does.

I have used 3 brush heads - sensitive, delicate, and acne. The only one my skin can tolerate is delicate. I kind of regret purchasing this product since it doesn't deliver for me at all. Big disappointment.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2013 3:53:00 PM More reviews by etherealchic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The Clarisonic Mia is the best $130 I've ever spent. I have combination skin with a lot of oil and fairly large pores, and I've suffered from bouts of acne (especially period breakouts) since I was a teenage. I'd tried everything from aloe vera, organic lotion formulas, mud masks, drugstore cleansers, over the counter acne medication, to dermatologist prescribed medication. Nothing has worked as well as the Clarisonic Mia. I've used it for 5 months now, and my skin is basically pimple free. I began to see results within the 1st month. I use it once a day in the shower with Cetaphil cleanser. I have the normal brush-head and though I have relatively sensitive skin, I don't think it's too rough. It really, really cleanses your skin, and digs into the pores. Plus, it does wonders for my sinuses and really improves circulation in my face. It's a staple in my everyday routine, and I can't live without it. Only regret is that I wish I'd bought it sooner!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2013 4:06:00 PM More reviews by gazelma

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm just chiming in to say that I love my Clarisonic Mia. I've tried imitations from the Olay spin brush to other spin brushes. They do not compare. The Mia's brush does not simply just rotate around but it deep cleans, and it really shows on my skin. My skin does not often break out but it is really oily and the texture was not great. I found that even exfoliating washes did not adequately "cleanse" my face. So I got the Mia in yellow and it works great so far, it's been a few weeks and I notice my skin glows right after I use it. I combine this with Philosophy 3in1 Purity cleanser and do it for one minute. My skin feel so smooth and clean to the touch! A cautionary note that it does feel a bit abrasive and rough for the first time but my skin gets accustomed to it. I use it twice a day - when I wake up in the morning and before I go to bed. Highly recommended - it's an investment and worth every penny. I mean it's expensive but if it's going to keep my skin radiant and youthful then it's money well-spent.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2013 10:04:00 PM More reviews by kaitlynmarieexoxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Let me just start out by saying this is one of those things that will change your life. As dramatic as that sounds, I'm 100% serious. Especially if you are someone who has been struggling with terrible skin for a long time like me. My skin background: extremely oily, very acne prone. After using the clarisonic 2x a day for 2 months: BEAUTIFUL!! My skin is FLAWLESS. Its super smooth, never rough EVER. But most importantly my acne is GONE. This coming from someone who broke out EVERYDAY. Very bad acne all over especially on my chin and around my mouth. My chin is super clear now and breakout free! This brush has literally transformed my terrible skin into brighter, clearer, smoother skin. This is the best investment I've ever made and I really really recommend this to everyone. It is so worth the money. Trust me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2013 2:16:00 PM More reviews by Reemyn

I bought this device few years ago.
I used it religiously, so yes, it took me months to realize that Clarisonic does not suit my skin after all. My skin is not sensitive, but picky.
My problems:
- too much exfoliation
- stripped my skin from its natural oils
- cleansing the brush... Well, this is another story. If I were a millionaire I would change the brushes every single day, but I'm not and they're too expensive (actually they're just a piece of plastic). I washed them after every use, but I never (I mean it) felt them clean enough.

So I can see that this works for others really well but not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2013 10:42:00 PM More reviews by pinkandblack

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

What are you doing here, wasting precious minutes reading reviews when you could be, at this very second, ordering the best skincare product you'll ever lay hands on?!?! Just order the darn thing already! My skin: Oily, easily dehydrated, super sensitive, clog/dermatitis/eczema-prone. How many products have I angrily tossed into the trash, having wanted desperately for them to produce the results this magic little buff machine has pulled out of its hat... I've got my own trash heap at the city dump by now: that's how many.

I could write a novel dedicated to the gloriousness that is Mia, but you've already wasted too much time scouring the review section for a glimmer of affirmation that Yes! You Need This! You Need This Yesterday!! All those Clairisonic dupes on the market: fugghedaboudem. I've owned the Pretika and Olay models, and they couldn't hold a candle to the Mia. Their performance doesn't even come close.

Purging! It's a real thing; don't get discouraged. What happens when the purging phase has passed is sheer epidermal ecstasy. Pimples are gone. *Poof* Just like that. My pores are smaller, fine lines are diminished, skin is glowy and healthier looking. Mia has even helped zap a few stubborn eczema patches.

I always remove MU and SS before washing, so I don't find that I need to clean the brush head weekly. I do rinse the brush thoroughly with hot water after each use* and give Mia several good shakes to clear out water trapped beneath the brush. Treat Mia with respect and Mia will respect you.

Oh, and once a day Mia washings is all my sensitive skin needs (and wants). I make it count, though. I take my time forming those overlapping circles recommended by Clairisonic. The real magic is in increased circulation, so don't shortchange your skin with a quick buff. Think of it as a mini spa treatment. The best part is that you get to be your own aesthetician...every single day :-)

*So far my favorite Mia-compatible cleanser is Philosophy's Purity Made Simple. Don't ask why they go together like PB & J, it's inexplicable. Only the skincare gods know.

16 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No