Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

3.9

cyclopentasiloxane, propylsilsesquioxane, ceresin, isodecane, cyclohexasiloxane, caprylyl methicone, synthetic fluorphlogopite, silica silyate, disteardimonium hectorite, disodium stearoyl glutamate, propylene carbonate, candelilla wax, caprylyl glycol, aluminum hydroxide, calcium sodium borosilicate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, silica, tin oxide. [ ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499/iron oxides, mica, ci 77491/titanium dioxide, ci 77007/ultramarines, ci 77510/ferric ferrocyanide, ci 77288/chromium oxide greens, ci 77289/chromium hydroxide green, ci 77742/manganese violet, ci 42090/blue 1 lake, ci 19140/yellow 5 lake, ci 77510/ferric ammonium ferrocyanide]

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I read a review that said this eye liner lasted on her through the humid weather and even a gym session, so I wanted to check if it holds up to my sweaty, oily face.

No such luck. It's beautiful upon application, but not three hours later I'm left with raccoon eyes. It smudges, which leaves my eyes looking tired as heck. It basically undid what my concealer is supposed to do.

Application is a breeze, though. The formula is pigmented and creamy so beginners like me won't have a hard time applying it. I found it easy to apply a basic line or a cat-eye, so problem.

I'll be trying this with Monistat Chafing Gel as my primer. Hopefully that's make a difference in the lasting power.

great product! i put it on my waterline with a brush and it stays all day. this has NEVER happened to me before. i have NEVER had a product permanently stay on my waterline all day, and this does the trick. this literally won't budge. however, the product not budging also means it will stay on your brushes, and you will literally need to scrub them with eye makeup remover to remove it. i have resorted to just letting the product cake up on my brushes when i use it, too much trouble to remove it each time.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this gel liner! It's actually the first gel liner I ever bought and I have to say, I' m pretty impressed with the results. I have this in brown. The color is very pigmented and vivid, it's pretty easy to apply, although I wish it was a bit more creamier so that the lines weren't that fuzzy. The gel liner also comes with a small brush which is also handy to use if you don't have a detail brush. I lost mine :( but I got a new angled brush by ecotools so everything is good. To be honest I also use this as a cream shadow on my eyes because I has a nice sub staining power so that it doesn't smudge. Unfortunately for me when I apply this as an eyeliner it some how smudges. Probably because I didn't use eye primer XD. Overall I would definitely repurchase this product again. I would probably buy it in black next too. A definite repurchase :)

So, I bought this on a whim one day at the grocery store, and I bought Blackest Black, because I'm all about intense black eyeliner. It's all I wear. I didn't wanna pay for MAC Blacktrack Fluidline, because, let's be honest, their prices are sometimes just ridiculous, and we all know that some people just buy their product because of the brand name. Anyway, brand doesn't always mean quality. I fell IN LOVE with this eyeliner. All the people complaining about it must just have bad luck, because this is holy grail.

Today, I went to buy it again in both Brown and Espresso. I use Espresso to do my eyebrows, and it lasts so long. I haven't used Brown, but I probably won't be disappointed. Buy it. It's SO worth the money.

PS: The brush that comes with it is my FAVORITE eyeliner brush. Forget the angled brushes and what not. The brush gives you such a crisp line, and I just... I love this product. So much.

on 12/29/2013 12:25:00 AM

Definitely my HG. Affordable too!

Texture of product is creamy and smooth. Easy to apply. Brush that comes with it is easy to work with also. Thickness of the line can be controlled.

I usually clean the brush with a gel makeup remover. Just a dot will do and voila it's cleaned!

Will continue using this until well...i decide to not ever use eyeliner.

on 12/27/2013 1:55:00 AM

I love this liner it is so easy to apply!! My only complaints is that there isn't enough in the package for the size and the price. But oh well, I still love it!!

on 12/24/2013 6:18:00 PM

This product is great!!

I have to admit, when I first bought the product, I thought I would have to purchase a brush as I thought the brush that came with it was going to be rubbish. However, I was proved wrong - the brush is amazing!! It is of good quality and hasn't gone hard or weird and I have the product now for 8 ish months.

I have it in black - and it is nice and bold - just glides on and doesn't smudge.

What I like about this gel liner is that in the past, I have found that other gel liners go hard quite quickly, but this one hasn't at all.

The gel liner lasts absolutely ages too! It lasts all day and night - but then it does come off easy to when you are taking your make up off.

Its a good price too - I have used bobbi and mac before but I definitely prefer this one as it just is much more easier to apply.

on 12/20/2013 9:24:00 PM

I buy this over and over again its my hg gel eye liner. I prefer this over the l'oreal gel liner since that one smudges a lot. It lasts the whole day and is very pigmented.

on 12/20/2013 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

My HG brow product. I loooove this. It's goes on so smoothly and I only need the tiniest bit. I've had it for 3 months or so and i've barely made a dent in it. This + an angled brush gives me perfect eyebrows :)

on 12/11/2013 11:54:00 PM

I wanted to try a gel liner for so long, the MAC is quite $$$ so i saw this in the chemist and grabbed it.

It was more matte than i expected, but still glided on smoothly. Stays on all day!

After a few uses,it looks dry and clumby in the pot, but still works the same.

I now use this for my eyebrows with a angled brush and it lasts all day, looks natural and wont smudge.

Video Reviews & Tutorials