November 24, 2014 | 1214 users online

Powder - BeneFit Cosmetics - Hello Flawless!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2011 6:08:00 AM More reviews by aliawilk123

I think this powder would have as high of a rating on here as it does everywhere else if people understood the product better. This is a real skin powder. It is designed to suspend over your skin so you look perfect, without sinking into fine lines or wrinkles. It does its job- perfectly. It has spf, and an antibacterial, so it actually protects and improves the tone and texture of your skin as you wear it, especially if you are acne prone. It is perfect for all skin types.

**Addressing common complaints:
If you look ashy- you have the wrong color. Try to get color matched by a professional. If they do not have a color that matches, use something else. The wrong color is never flattering, especially in something this pigmented.

Very dry/very oily, or combination skin- This powder will not fix your skin type. It will only make you look perfect. It works in part with your skin care. If your skin is too dry/too oily when you put this on, it will not stay. It is almost powder to cream foundation, and will simply look like perfect skin. Use a primer, like the POREfessional (oily skin) or That Gal (dry skin) if you want it to stick. With most people, a regular oil control or moisturizing lotion before will do the trick. You do have to prep your skin with something.

The amount: This is a normal compact size; however, Mac and Clinique have some compacts almost double the size. Mac and Clinique, however, use less pigment, and will damage/clog pores, and feel heavy with most people. This feels like nothing, and because of the pigment, you only need a little bit.

My own experience: This foundation changed my life. I use it as a concealer, powder, and foundation and it looks wonderful on me. People compliment my skin all the time, and are surprised when I tell them I have something on. I have acne prone sensitive skin, and the anti bacterial in this keeps it clear! I can fall asleep in it, and my skin looks better the next day. It lasts me through a nine hour shift at work, and I still look fresh- no touch ups! You can't feel it at all when you are wearing it. It blends beautifully and lends great coverage. The only thing it doesn't do is pay your bills and do your taxes. All my friends wear it now because they loved it on me, and I get to see it on them every day, and they all look perfect. They get compliments all the time too. Overall, if you're smart about your skin care and how you prep your skin, this is a brilliant product, and I truly believe everyone should use it.

37 out of 42 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2011 11:25:00 AM More reviews by TheMakeUpMaster

This is perfect for someone who wants lots and lots of coverage because this has lots of it i personally would rather use something with a little less coverage because i find it gives and very matte and flat finish but i like to use this on blemishes and this is perfect.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2011 6:07:00 AM More reviews by dianasheglova

Really lovely powder, colours are very easy to match. I got honey, but really most of them would be pretty good match since it blends into your skin so well. The only complaint I have is the lasting power, it lasts about 3 hours (and that's pushing it), till it slides off your face, hence the 4/5 rating. I have dry/combination skin so most foundations last well on me, so I found it weird that this is such bad lasting power. It does look very beautiful on though.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2011 1:19:00 AM More reviews by ellieface23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this powder! It matches my skin perfectly (which rarely ever happens, or so it seems.) You can make it either light coverage or more heavy coverage depending on the occassion or how you feel like wearing your makeup that day. It isn't a whole lot of product (I wish more came in it!) but I absolutely don't mind paying the 30 some dollars for a powder that actually matches my skin tone AND doesn't cause breakouts/irritation. Definitely one of my "Go-To" powders and makeup essentials.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2011 5:05:00 PM More reviews by Meg14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this! I have oily skin so I have to use a powder foundation and drug store ones don't hold up all day for me. This is super soft, blenable, and gives a nice light to med. coverage. You still need a concealer though if you want to cover spots, as this isn't very usable as concealer. If you have dryer skin, make sure you always apply a moisturizer a good 10 to 15mins before. I love this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/30/2011 2:23:00 PM More reviews by Haleywhite

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Waste of $32. Mine is in "me vain champagne" and it's the average powder. No real coverage and it doesn't control oil

rated 2 of 5 on 5/30/2011 2:22:00 PM More reviews by Beautyisbliss

Hated: powder flies everywhere! Dries skin out- flat, ashy skin- irritated my skin- not enough colors to match skin tone.
Likes: compact is perfect size with mirror- is nice for a vacation- smooth- easily blending formula.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2011 2:13:00 PM More reviews by kittipoetree

Pros: Excellent coverage, almost opaque.
Smooth consistency.
Stays on throughout the day.
Attractive, functional and secure packaging
(includes mirror, brush and sponge pad)
SPF 15

Cons: High price for small amount of product
Somewhat "flat" effect because of how pigmented it is
Limited range of shades

Tips: Doesn't apply well with included brush - use sponge instead.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2011 8:33:00 PM More reviews by ana88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I do love this product! I was unsure at first but am now pretty set on my opinion. The negatives are the price and the amount you get. One compact only lasted me about 3 or so weeks (which is why I rated it 4 and not 5). However, this powder is great with concealer and gives a very even and matte look. If you have oily skin (mine is very oily!) you should definitely give this powder a try! It keeps me much less oily during the day which I did not expect from this product. On the flip side, I'm not sure how those with dry skin would do with this powder? I've gotten some compliments while wearing this powder, so that's a plus. If you are looking for full coverage you may not be satisfied - I use concealer underneath for red spots left from break outs I had awhile ago (this powder has not caused me to break out, and I am acne-prone). While not full coverage I am happy with the coverage it does provide, which I would say is medium - but it is buildable! This powder is a very good setting powder too.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/8/2011 5:17:00 PM More reviews by 1Agatka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

The powder itself looks great on the skin, very natural. When applied with a brush though lots of it just wasted (a powdery mess... not nice). Once it's on skin it's blendable and stays well. Applied with sponge looks too thick (blending with brush then and more mess...).
There are better powders around. This one is ok, but I don't think I'd buy it again.