November 26, 2014 | 1039 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Studio Powder Brush

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2013 12:49:00 PM More reviews by Tinabear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love my E.L.F powder brush :)
Great performance.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2013 3:11:00 PM More reviews by hypnautica

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I cant say enough of good things about the brush. It was cheap, so far doesn't shed and is super soft. I bought it to help put my mineral foundation on and it does a great job. I have 3 other brushes I paid a lot more for and one is rough, one sheds like crazy and the other one is ok. I would recommend anyone getting this for mineral foundation or even blush. Great buy!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2013 10:31:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

LOVE LOVE LOVE this brush! Bought it after seeing all the stellar reviews on here. I had been using a kabuki for my (powder) foundation but this works much better. It picks up the exact right amount of powder (doesn't waste product by grabbing too much but you don't have to dig around in the compact to get it on there, either) and blends it out beautifully. The flat top is great - I don't know why it makes it work so well but it does. It applies it with a light touch that still makes for good coverage and a lovely finish. The brush hairs are soft and the brush head is dense. I like the nice long handle too. $3 for this thing is ridiculous, in a good way. Everyone should have one!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2013 10:29:00 PM More reviews by anaelleee

Like everyone else, the hype made me cave in and order this despite crazy shipping fees. I wanted to enjoy the brush everyone else seemed to be enjoying, so I ordered 2 right off the bat. However, im sad to say this isnt quite HG for me, but i still like them and will continue to use them. My issues with this brush is...

1) The quality. One of my two brushes already had a loose ferrule when I got it and both had slight scratches on the ferrules....the second day, one of the brushes broke and I had to glue it back on, bummer! But thats not too bad considering how technically, the brush itself is cheap (darn you, costly shipping!)

2) My biggest issue is the softness of the bristles. I know that it should not be compared to higher brands, but from the raves...I was hoping for something a bit more soft. it wanted it to be comparable to the softness of ecotools or RT brushes......but i personally dont think the elf powder brush is as soft. When i stipple my face with it, it kind of leaves a stinging/slight burning feeling behind for a few seconds which I find rather uncomfortable. If i glide it across my face, it feels slightly better though, which is good and what keeps me from giving the brushes away.

Overall, this is a pretty good buy. The brush looks sleek in all black and i've had minimal (but still some) shedding and the bristles are very well packed. It is nicely priced and good for those who dont want to pay ridiculous amounts for a brush (ahem MAC) that will still shed. Also, trying this shouldnt break the bank which is always good! I agree that this brush can be used for many things, but I personally will use it strictly for liquid and powder foundation as I prefer to use other brushes for bronzer and blush application.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2013 4:52:00 PM More reviews by Nemezienna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Much like most of the other reviewers on MUA, I loooove my studio powder brush. I've had it for maybe 4 years now (wow time flies!) and only a few bristles have fallen out. I use it mostly with my MAC Skinfinish and it does an amazing job. Ordering a new replacement brush as I type this review! Oh wait, the only con I'd give this is that the handle did loosen after the first couple of washes because of water getting in between the handle and the head but other than that, I'm very happy with this purchase. Thanks again, ELF!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2013 5:38:00 PM More reviews by Zemxo

I used to use Sigma's F80 before i found this baby. I love this so much more. I try to stock up on them when I go to Kmart because they tend to sell out quick. For only $3, it's by far the best. Can't beat it! It's so soft and lush and blends like a dream:) ahh. I use this mainly to apply my liquid foundation but it's terrific for powders as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2013 6:35:00 PM More reviews by BeautyBrunette16

I have purchased two of these and love them for liquid foundation! They smooth out beautifully

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2013 10:00:00 AM More reviews by iceboi

This is an AMAZING BRUSH!!! The reviews here itself is very true. I purchased mine from Target USA for $3. I sadly only bought one. When I come back to the USA I would stock up on 10 of these no kidding they are that great and don't kill your wallet. I only bought one to try it and thought it wouldn't last me long. I've used it for 3 months and its going strong and I wash it every week.

This brush is perfect for powder minerals and finishing powder. I haven't tried it for anything else. I love this brush and the coverage it gives. Doesn't pick up too much powder and buffs like a charm. My Flat top brushes from Everyday Minerals are all in the trash can as this brush is very softer and buffs 10x better. Also has a long handle which i now like for buffing, Indeed this is a best seller and i highly recommend. $3 for this is definetly a try and trust me it will replace most of the brushes in your arsenal. I keep on coming back to this one. MY next trip to NYC is to go ELF Flag store and purchases these!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2013 7:06:00 PM More reviews by fz27

What can I say that hasn't been said? I love this brush, and I currently have 2 in backup supply (which is saying a lot b/c I generally hate having extra stuff around).

I use this brush with both liquid foundation and powders. It works beautifully with both - the coverage is so much better than a sponge and so much more natural looking. You can build layers easily and in a way that really never looks cakey or heavy. I really think this brush makes drugstore skin makeup look better.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2013 5:06:00 PM More reviews by LaLa6699

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

OH MY GOSH!! I love this brush more than life itself!! It's only $3!! What a freakin steal!!
I use this brush to apply my bb cream AND my powder! It's super soft and really does a kick a** job at blending and smoothing out makeup! It cleans up super easy with the E.L.F. brush soap and can be used over and over again until it wears out!
I have suggested this brush to several of my friends and family members and always get the "OMG!!" phone call!
Everyone should own this brush!! If you dont, you are missing out!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No