July 30, 2014 | 1955 users online

Polishes - Essie - Mademoiselle

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2009 4:11:00 AM More reviews by XoXoSinCity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a classic neatral polish that is a must own in everyones polish collection and yes in answer to teh reviewer below that lady form the cooking show is wearing this. I have used it for years jsut because its a great classic color to wear at work or on formal nights out and found it funny every time I read every beauty book or magazine this is thhe nail polish every beauty expert claims is a staple as far as pinks go and a must have and they are right!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2009 11:28:00 PM More reviews by bitsits

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

For me, this is the perfect polish. I've admired Ina Garten's nails (from "Barefoot Contessa" on Food Network) for a while, and I'm almost convinced this is what she's wearing. I work in a rather conservative office and spend most of my time typing. I wear a coat of Nail Envy, two coats of Mademoiselle, and one coat of Seche Vite, and it lasts for about a week. I'll buy this again and again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2009 9:06:00 PM More reviews by helenahjoo

I like this only kind of. I like how it has a really glossy finish. It's nice to wear to work.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/5/2009 4:01:00 PM More reviews by Paulchen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Really dissappointed with essie. loved the color in the bottle but unfortunately it went on totally streaky and chipped within a day. Way too expensive for that quality. (about 13 per bottle in Germany)Wouldn't buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2009 9:30:00 PM More reviews by nani51

Perfect, perfect natural pink. I love the color so much. As others have mentioned this is one of the most famous Essie colors. The warm pink goes perfectly with my warm asian skin tone. The only fault I find is with the brush. It's too narrow making application kinda hard. My thumb nails are rather large and it makes application kinda difficult. However despite this i would buy it again. It get the polish for about $5 so it's not breaking the bank at all, it cost about the same as a drugstore polish.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2009 9:47:00 AM More reviews by missred2u

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is great sheer pink polish. I love makeup and nail polish, I just don't like looking like I'm wearing a ton. I'm a big fan of natural looking makeup, and this is PERFECT for nails. I use 2 coats for a very sheer, highly glossy finish. I will absolutely continue to buy this!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2009 9:43:00 AM More reviews by Jessibean

I absolutely adore this polish. I work at a job that does not allow you to paint your nails. However, I paint my nails with this anyways and it is discreet enough that nobody notices I have polish on, yet it makes my nails look shiny and perfect. If you are looking for a pink colour that will show up, this is likely not a shade for you. One coat is almost completely sheer, two gives a subtle pinkish gloss, and three is a light milky pink. You will probably not be able to build to the bottle colour, but for me this is an HG nude shade. Does not chip, incredible staying power. Will use this for as long as they make it! Will definitely buy back-ups.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2009 7:25:00 PM More reviews by allaboutme08

like a pretty light pink. cute for a light color on the nails.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2009 10:33:00 AM More reviews by princess_eab

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

It's very hard to find a pale pink that doesn't make my fingertips look sick. I am very fair and cool-toned. I tried Ballet Slippers(too streaky and beige) and many other variants, but Mademoiselle seems perfect. I wish it were a tiny bit more opaque, but I like the basic shade. I do 2 coats for a sheer pink and 3 for a milky manicure (I really like the 3 coats look). The polish is nice and thin but has incredible staying power! I will repurchase this because it's a nice and easy to use staple.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2009 2:03:00 PM More reviews by doctoreggs

First off I must say that I absolutely fail at using light nail colors-- I've tried plenty ranging from high end brands to low end brands and have never been able to find one that doesn't look streaky. Until Mademoiselle by Essie, that is. I put two coats on after using Seche Base ridge filler and it looks so natural and pretty. The pale pink is perfect with my pale, cool skin tone, it's totally MNBB! :) Though it has the same kind of effect as clear polish, it just makes them look so much better and "finished." I'm so happy I finally found a neutral I can actually use!