April 18, 2014 | 1352 users online

Polishes - Essie - Mademoiselle

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2009 9:47:00 AM More reviews by missred2u

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is great sheer pink polish. I love makeup and nail polish, I just don't like looking like I'm wearing a ton. I'm a big fan of natural looking makeup, and this is PERFECT for nails. I use 2 coats for a very sheer, highly glossy finish. I will absolutely continue to buy this!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2009 9:43:00 AM More reviews by Jessibean

I absolutely adore this polish. I work at a job that does not allow you to paint your nails. However, I paint my nails with this anyways and it is discreet enough that nobody notices I have polish on, yet it makes my nails look shiny and perfect. If you are looking for a pink colour that will show up, this is likely not a shade for you. One coat is almost completely sheer, two gives a subtle pinkish gloss, and three is a light milky pink. You will probably not be able to build to the bottle colour, but for me this is an HG nude shade. Does not chip, incredible staying power. Will use this for as long as they make it! Will definitely buy back-ups.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2009 7:25:00 PM More reviews by allaboutme08

like a pretty light pink. cute for a light color on the nails.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2009 10:33:00 AM More reviews by princess_eab

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

It's very hard to find a pale pink that doesn't make my fingertips look sick. I am very fair and cool-toned. I tried Ballet Slippers(too streaky and beige) and many other variants, but Mademoiselle seems perfect. I wish it were a tiny bit more opaque, but I like the basic shade. I do 2 coats for a sheer pink and 3 for a milky manicure (I really like the 3 coats look). The polish is nice and thin but has incredible staying power! I will repurchase this because it's a nice and easy to use staple.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2009 2:03:00 PM More reviews by doctoreggs

First off I must say that I absolutely fail at using light nail colors-- I've tried plenty ranging from high end brands to low end brands and have never been able to find one that doesn't look streaky. Until Mademoiselle by Essie, that is. I put two coats on after using Seche Base ridge filler and it looks so natural and pretty. The pale pink is perfect with my pale, cool skin tone, it's totally MNBB! :) Though it has the same kind of effect as clear polish, it just makes them look so much better and "finished." I'm so happy I finally found a neutral I can actually use!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2009 2:24:00 AM More reviews by kwinki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This color is probably the most used color in french manicures and understandably so because its a nice sheer pink. Its very natural looking so if you aren't used to nail polish this would be the perfect shade to start with.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2009 2:05:00 PM More reviews by mapn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I never knew nail polish could be so great! First of all, the shade is just perfect for my cool-toned PPP skin. Itís like my nails, only way better ;) Thereís nothing that I hate more than doing my nails, which is why I had gel nails for quite some time, but decided that itís too expensive to go and get them done once a month. Now Iím trying to file and polish my nails once a week. I love the way this polish just seems to spread by itself! Itís so easy to apply, even for someone as clumsy as me :) What a great purchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2009 8:13:00 PM More reviews by njr86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this Essie polish for a mani, it's pink but very glossy and sheer. I am always washing my hands and opening things with my nails (bad..I know) so I like that the chips don't show unless you are looking for them. I prefer OPI polish but they do not make a color that comes close to this IMO. Will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2009 10:43:00 AM More reviews by TeenBeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Very sheer, Takes 2 or more coats to actually look like pink. Very classic, but nothing extraordinary!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2009 9:58:00 AM More reviews by eritreanempress

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Black

Overrated. Not enough white in it so it's a very pinky color that you can barely see. Bottles leak.