July 31, 2014 | 1004 users online

Powder - Lancome - Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2009 2:50:00 AM More reviews by tani858

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

im on my second and soon third compact. i love this because it gives me decent coverage and i HATE foundation. so powder this is the only way to go for me.

i only knocked a lippe because when i first bought it the price was $32, $35 the second time and now its $35.50.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2009 4:50:00 AM More reviews by mna2006lp

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my HG!!!!!!!!!!! After years of searching, my HG is here! I love that when you put this powder on, it just melts onto your skin and looks so natural. It just makes your skin look better. Initially, it will be very matte but after about 10-15 minutes your skin just looks so good and radiant. I LOVE it. and it feels like you have NOTHING on!! After years of trial and error, my search for HG foundation is over!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2009 4:38:00 PM More reviews by ExquisitelyPink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh my my! This powder is the best. Look ladies, if you're like me with oily skin, a powder makeup is NOT gonna last all day no matter which brand you choose. It certainly beats applying a thick layer of liquid though. So I'll take my delightful Dual Finish powder with its once daily touch up and let my skin breathe rather than cover my face with liquid and suffocate my pores. Dual Finish is simply the best coverage you can get in a powder. I've used it for years. I've tried alot! (Bare Minerals, Guerlain, Smashbox, Lise Watier, Arden, Dior as well as Covergirl, L'Oreal, and Maybelline.) The thing I like about Dual Finish is that it is a MATTE powder and dosen't apply little bits of shimmer which make me look even oilier. The matte finish gives me a smooth oil-free look and is absolutely weightless. It feels amazing and has the coverage to hide my redness. Perfect product. I recommend this to many many women even as a nice finishing powder.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2009 9:16:00 PM More reviews by jaden08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Its a good powder, gives the lancome teint idol ultra foundation a super polished look. Oil control is good enough for me, i might lightly put mac's blot powder on top and im set pretty much for the whole day. The color match looks better than studiofix powder imo and im nc45 and i got matte topaz, although if u wear it dry u wont get as much coverage and for more coverage, just dampen your sponge lightly and there you go, but i don't ever do that method as i use it as pressed powder instead of by itself as a foundation. I took off a lippie bc some colors of this powder comes fragrance free and others dont which is retarded and it smells like secret deodorant, but other than that im in love with it and will continue to buy more.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2009 8:42:00 PM More reviews by noname103

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using this for a couple of years now. I have light-medium Asian skin and the color Matte Buff II is perfect on me. I use it as a pressed powder rather than as a foundation, and find that it is really great quality--softens out any imperfections in my concealer/TM and generally stays on all day. That being said, I can't apply it on my nose or forehead because it does seem to accentuate pores and dry skin. However if being used as a foundation you might not have this problem.
The compact is pretty, comes with a sponge and powder puff, and lasts a long time when used as a pressed powder. It's pretty durable--no cracking or anything yet.
Overall I like this powder a lot but it doesn't make me say "wow"...so I think that when it runs out I may try something else like Dior or MUFE.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/6/2009 9:02:00 PM More reviews by 1210hotchocolat

It looks beautiful when you first put it on,, however after a few hours i look greasy. I wouldn't be repurchasing this even though it gives a flawless look for it doesn't last long and my bf hated the smell of it when i put it on.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2009 11:37:00 PM More reviews by ouija

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wore Dual Finish for years when I was in my late 30's and abandoned it in my 40's, probably because that was around the time when all the Miraculous Age-Defying, Line-Erasing, Wrinkle-Smoothing, Laundry-Folding makeup lines launched. Over my non Dual Finish years I've tried dozens (literally) of liquid, creme, mousse and powder foundations...and liked many of them. For whatever reason, I suddenly remembered good old Dual Finish and raced to Macy's to see if it was as wonderful as I remembered. IT IS! I swirl it on with a brush...as the Lancome makeup artist did...and the coverage is as lovely and natural and smooth as ever. It's extremely buildable, and gives a flawless, even finish without looking cakey or chalky. I touch-up my nose with the foam puff midday if there's any shine. I'm wearing it alone now because I hate liquid makeup during the summer, but when the colder weather comes it will still have a place in my makeup bag. Dual Finish...forgive me! I cheated on you for years...but you took me back...and now I think we're going to live happily and flawlessly ever after!

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 6/6/2009 3:12:00 PM More reviews by elvia2189

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product sucks. Wet or Dry there is barely any coverage. It was dissapointing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2009 10:43:00 PM More reviews by Magixz

It is hard to believe some of the negative reviews for this powder! This is my second most favorite powder anymore. I still like Guerlain the best, but Lancome Dual is my next best powder. I still use Estee L. too, but it is not nearly as good as Guerlain, or Lancome. I recently bought another Lancome compact for the L.E. compact. ;-) Love the rose on the front, and since my Guerlain is almost ready for a refill at $45 each, and my Lancome was also down to the pan...well let's just say with the free gifts right now, and my old one being down to the pan, I just could not stop myself! This really is a great powder. It is very finely milled, goes on like silk, and you can build up the coverage if you need to. I find just a light sweep of my brush is all I need to set my foundation all day. It is fun to take the lovely rose designed compact out and dust my nose though, and it smells so lady like, almost as much luxury as my Guerlain.
Did I mention the free gifts? Not bad at all. A full size lipstick in your choice of shades. A moisture cream of your choice (small one, but last a long time for me since I rather use my Merlot Grapeseed Night Cream), a mascara (small), a quad eyeshadow collection (small), an eye makeup remover, and a bag. Think that was all. Not too bad really for free. I buy the powder without a gift, so the gift was like a bonus.
Update:
I use this some days when I just do not feel like going to whole nine yards with foundation. It works wonders at hiding all my flaws! Sometimes when I am having a good skin day, this is all I grab for. It makes my skin feel more light & free.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2009 11:55:00 PM More reviews by gkhan02

I really love this powder. It's a finely milled powder with very true to skin color tones. I wear the Nu intensity 3 and I'm a Mac NC35. It's great for the summer when you don't want the heavy overdone look. I usually apply concealer under my eyes and on the sides of my nose and a little on my cheeks and then apply this powder lightly with a large MAC 50 brush. It looks fresh and natural. I also love the scent. It's a lot lighter than I remember it being. So it's not a bother anymore. They've discontinued the unscented variety due to it's unpopularity. I purchased this when they had the free gift with purchase so I'm really pleased. Also purchased the blush in Shimmer Mocha Havanna. Please read my review on that, I love it as well!