October 20, 2014 | 2013 users online

Mascara - Estee Lauder - Sumptuous

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2010 5:11:00 AM More reviews by Darika

This is the only mascara that does curl my straight lashes. I have tried many many mascaras from drugstore to high quality. And none of them gave a result, I'd be 100% satisfied. I am happy about this mascara, it gives length, volume, curl and intense colour. All Inclusive. Besides the package is very cool, pleasant to hold.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2010 7:02:00 PM More reviews by x3helen3x

I got this product sample as a gift, I thought this mascara is great, lengths my lashes,creates volume and holds curls, but when I use this it does clump,just a bit. I would buy this in the full size!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2010 5:20:00 PM More reviews by tammallama

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Rec'vd this as a gift with purchase, hot dam!!...it's awesome! I have been a loyal user of L'ancome Hypnose and MAC's PlushLash, both great for diffrent reason's, but where has this been all my life? I have very short baby fine lashes and this makes them the longest I have ever had AND volumizes PLUS curls them, a really wonderful 'Do It All' mascara! That also doesn't clump, even after 4 solid coats!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2010 4:11:00 AM More reviews by rubie

Overall this is a highly effective mascara. This is the only non-waterproof mascara I have ever tried to date which successfully stayed on my lashes all day without even one smudge. It thickened my lashes very well and application was easy. One huge problem is that this mascara stings my eyes and made my eyes red from allergic reaction. My eyes are very sensitive to many makeup products (i.e., mascaras, eyeliners, shadow bases, concealers, foundations) and I wear contact lenses. My one and only favorite mascara is Maybelline Volum Express WP, comes in a silvery blue tube.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2010 11:00:00 PM More reviews by judysmath

I just received this in a gift with purchase and tried it today. I was amazed at how there wasn't a single clump in my lashes after applying 3 coats! I'm usually a drugstore mascara girl and don't like spending a lot of money on mascara, but I've never seen a drugstore mascara NOT clump. So, for that alone, this mascara is worth the price. I did find that it smudged a bit, but my eyes tear a lot and I have oily lids. I would like to try this in the waterproof formula. This mascara made my lashes long and dark and thick. Great formula.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2010 5:02:00 PM More reviews by LornaRestall

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favourite mascara, i have naturally long lashes so i dont like mascaras that make my lashes too thick! this is a good lengthening mascara and a dark colour...pretty easy to remove as well!

i would say Dior's iconic mascara is better but i find it much harder to remove so i prefer to use estee lauder!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2010 12:11:00 PM More reviews by amystewart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this mascara - it is a very good 'all rounder', curling and lenghtening. It doesnt clump and generally is a high quality product. I'm quite picky when it comes to mascaras but was pleasantly surprised with this one as i've never really bought from estee Lauder before.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2010 4:09:00 PM More reviews by DragonRhia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I wanted to love this mascara. It has a lot of great things going for it. LIKES: it comes in a variety of colors, it makes my lashes look longer and thicker, the brush separates my lashes well, I've gotten compliments on my lashes when I wear it. However, the big DISLIKE (2 lippies loss) is that it smudges. No matter what I tried - how I moisturized, what lash base I wore, how I applied it, etc., it always smudged and I can't wear it because of that. Even though I wouldn't buy it again, if you get a chance to try it (like in a swap or something), you should, because it might not smudge on you. It obviously is a good mascara because its got such a high overall rating. For me, though, it smudges. :(

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2010 11:34:00 PM More reviews by jgeorge04

I only started using this because I got it as part of a free gift with another purchase, so it's not something I sought out. With that being said, I'm not disappointed with it. I tried this on it's own and coupled with other mascaras. I didn't really like it on it's own because, while it did lengthen, it just made my lashes look thin. Also, I can really only do one good coat without it clumping. I've been using MAC plush lash so I tried coupling it with that. I've decided that I like this stuff the best when I put on my plush lash first and then use this over it. It seemed to give the best lift and length that way.

Highlights- goes on dark so it gives me a lot more color than a lot of mascaras normally do, really does lift and lengthen lashes, and it's got a good brush on it so you get all your lashes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2010 9:23:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like the look of this because of the perfectly fanned out, curled and separated *plush* look only this mascara can give my lashes...but it is expensive and it sometimes drops little fibres on my cheeks. Also it is sometimes difficult to completely remove at the end of the day. The next day sometimes a few lashes still feel brittle with remains of mascara from the day before. Then when I go to apply the brush catches in a few places and tugs a little.