April 18, 2014 | 1993 users online

Mascara - Estee Lauder - Sumptuous

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2010 4:09:00 PM More reviews by DragonRhia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I wanted to love this mascara. It has a lot of great things going for it. LIKES: it comes in a variety of colors, it makes my lashes look longer and thicker, the brush separates my lashes well, I've gotten compliments on my lashes when I wear it. However, the big DISLIKE (2 lippies loss) is that it smudges. No matter what I tried - how I moisturized, what lash base I wore, how I applied it, etc., it always smudged and I can't wear it because of that. Even though I wouldn't buy it again, if you get a chance to try it (like in a swap or something), you should, because it might not smudge on you. It obviously is a good mascara because its got such a high overall rating. For me, though, it smudges. :(

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2010 11:34:00 PM More reviews by jgeorge04

I only started using this because I got it as part of a free gift with another purchase, so it's not something I sought out. With that being said, I'm not disappointed with it. I tried this on it's own and coupled with other mascaras. I didn't really like it on it's own because, while it did lengthen, it just made my lashes look thin. Also, I can really only do one good coat without it clumping. I've been using MAC plush lash so I tried coupling it with that. I've decided that I like this stuff the best when I put on my plush lash first and then use this over it. It seemed to give the best lift and length that way.

Highlights- goes on dark so it gives me a lot more color than a lot of mascaras normally do, really does lift and lengthen lashes, and it's got a good brush on it so you get all your lashes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2010 9:23:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like the look of this because of the perfectly fanned out, curled and separated *plush* look only this mascara can give my lashes...but it is expensive and it sometimes drops little fibres on my cheeks. Also it is sometimes difficult to completely remove at the end of the day. The next day sometimes a few lashes still feel brittle with remains of mascara from the day before. Then when I go to apply the brush catches in a few places and tugs a little.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2010 6:12:00 PM More reviews by ldordal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Test run tonite on this one without mascara base. Fast and easy, lashes do not feel stiff- but have great separation and volume, and fantastis length. I feel like I have falsies on- that's how good it looks! Will definitely buy again. Not too expensive- I am a big time Dior Show gal for many years but lately the only one that works is the Unlimited. I would definitely recommend this Lauder product. Oh, also, I have small eyes and sometimes it is hard to get the lashes at the edges of the eyes with the bigger brushes, but this one gave me no probs!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/14/2010 6:09:00 PM More reviews by mimie

At first i got really excited about this mascara because it seemed to be the excact product i needed.It curled my eyelashes, gave them a beautifull deep black colour,seperated them very good and the volume was awesome.But the effect does not last long....a couple of hours after i had it on it was just like having any ordinary, not-so-good mascara.I can say i was so disapointed.....

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2010 5:25:00 PM More reviews by CliniqueGal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this in black at a discounted price from the CCO. I wasnt expecting much, but I have to say I love this mascara!
Its very black, holds a curl all day, lengthens and volumises. It would be my HG mascara, but it flakes off a little and smells very strong!
If your eyes arent too sensitive, give it a go! It definitley looks the best out of the hundreds of mascaras I have tried!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2010 11:27:00 AM More reviews by joliezondag

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I think the mascara is ok. The packaging is good, the price is ok and the formula works pretty well. The only thing I don't like is the fact that it doesn't lift up my lashes like it promised. My lashes go down even if I use a eyelash curler.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2010 8:27:00 AM More reviews by candybum

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Ok, I'm a product junkie and usually never re purchase anything because I just love trying new things. Well, my mom gave me a sample of this stuff, and it's the best mascara I've ever used. I actually went out and paid $23 Canadian for it...for a mascara! Which I would never do, but it's that good. I recieved the lash primer as a free gift, and they work really well together. It doesnt' flake, or clump, or end up under my eyes, even after being outside playing in the snow with my kids!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2010 8:30:00 AM More reviews by mapn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

Another trial-size mascara from my stash :) I don't wonder why this mascara has got so many positive reviews here on MUA. I think it truly is one of the better mascaras out there. Despite the name, it works fantastically as a lengthening mascara. Thickness is quite impressive too, along with beautiful lash separation, and all without a single clump. Two coats is enough for a beautifully natural daytime look. No smudges or flakes either, and it's super-easy to remove. But of course, it being a water-soluble mascara, it weighs down my lashes. But I won't deduct a lippie for that. I'm tempted to purchase this one later in the waterproof version.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/3/2010 10:34:00 AM More reviews by Maki70

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Grey

I bought this based on the reviews here and the pic of that girl with the fabulous lashes. What a disappointment! it did NOTHING to my lashes bar colouring them, quite possibly one of the least effective mascaras I have ever used.