September 2, 2014 | 1267 users online

Mascara - Estee Lauder - Sumptuous

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2010 4:11:00 AM More reviews by rubie

Overall this is a highly effective mascara. This is the only non-waterproof mascara I have ever tried to date which successfully stayed on my lashes all day without even one smudge. It thickened my lashes very well and application was easy. One huge problem is that this mascara stings my eyes and made my eyes red from allergic reaction. My eyes are very sensitive to many makeup products (i.e., mascaras, eyeliners, shadow bases, concealers, foundations) and I wear contact lenses. My one and only favorite mascara is Maybelline Volum Express WP, comes in a silvery blue tube.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2010 11:00:00 PM More reviews by judysmath

I just received this in a gift with purchase and tried it today. I was amazed at how there wasn't a single clump in my lashes after applying 3 coats! I'm usually a drugstore mascara girl and don't like spending a lot of money on mascara, but I've never seen a drugstore mascara NOT clump. So, for that alone, this mascara is worth the price. I did find that it smudged a bit, but my eyes tear a lot and I have oily lids. I would like to try this in the waterproof formula. This mascara made my lashes long and dark and thick. Great formula.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2010 5:02:00 PM More reviews by LornaRestall

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favourite mascara, i have naturally long lashes so i dont like mascaras that make my lashes too thick! this is a good lengthening mascara and a dark colour...pretty easy to remove as well!

i would say Dior's iconic mascara is better but i find it much harder to remove so i prefer to use estee lauder!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2010 12:11:00 PM More reviews by amystewart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this mascara - it is a very good 'all rounder', curling and lenghtening. It doesnt clump and generally is a high quality product. I'm quite picky when it comes to mascaras but was pleasantly surprised with this one as i've never really bought from estee Lauder before.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2010 4:09:00 PM More reviews by DragonRhia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I wanted to love this mascara. It has a lot of great things going for it. LIKES: it comes in a variety of colors, it makes my lashes look longer and thicker, the brush separates my lashes well, I've gotten compliments on my lashes when I wear it. However, the big DISLIKE (2 lippies loss) is that it smudges. No matter what I tried - how I moisturized, what lash base I wore, how I applied it, etc., it always smudged and I can't wear it because of that. Even though I wouldn't buy it again, if you get a chance to try it (like in a swap or something), you should, because it might not smudge on you. It obviously is a good mascara because its got such a high overall rating. For me, though, it smudges. :(

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2010 11:34:00 PM More reviews by jgeorge04

I only started using this because I got it as part of a free gift with another purchase, so it's not something I sought out. With that being said, I'm not disappointed with it. I tried this on it's own and coupled with other mascaras. I didn't really like it on it's own because, while it did lengthen, it just made my lashes look thin. Also, I can really only do one good coat without it clumping. I've been using MAC plush lash so I tried coupling it with that. I've decided that I like this stuff the best when I put on my plush lash first and then use this over it. It seemed to give the best lift and length that way.

Highlights- goes on dark so it gives me a lot more color than a lot of mascaras normally do, really does lift and lengthen lashes, and it's got a good brush on it so you get all your lashes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2010 9:23:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like the look of this because of the perfectly fanned out, curled and separated *plush* look only this mascara can give my lashes...but it is expensive and it sometimes drops little fibres on my cheeks. Also it is sometimes difficult to completely remove at the end of the day. The next day sometimes a few lashes still feel brittle with remains of mascara from the day before. Then when I go to apply the brush catches in a few places and tugs a little.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2010 6:12:00 PM More reviews by ldordal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Test run tonite on this one without mascara base. Fast and easy, lashes do not feel stiff- but have great separation and volume, and fantastis length. I feel like I have falsies on- that's how good it looks! Will definitely buy again. Not too expensive- I am a big time Dior Show gal for many years but lately the only one that works is the Unlimited. I would definitely recommend this Lauder product. Oh, also, I have small eyes and sometimes it is hard to get the lashes at the edges of the eyes with the bigger brushes, but this one gave me no probs!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/14/2010 6:09:00 PM More reviews by mimie

At first i got really excited about this mascara because it seemed to be the excact product i needed.It curled my eyelashes, gave them a beautifull deep black colour,seperated them very good and the volume was awesome.But the effect does not last long....a couple of hours after i had it on it was just like having any ordinary, not-so-good mascara.I can say i was so disapointed.....

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2010 5:25:00 PM More reviews by CliniqueGal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this in black at a discounted price from the CCO. I wasnt expecting much, but I have to say I love this mascara!
Its very black, holds a curl all day, lengthens and volumises. It would be my HG mascara, but it flakes off a little and smells very strong!
If your eyes arent too sensitive, give it a go! It definitley looks the best out of the hundreds of mascaras I have tried!