LUSH Porridge Soap

3.6

Water (Aqua), Rapeseed Oil; Coconut Oil (Brassica napus; Cocos nucifera), Propylene Glycol, Pinhead Oatmeal (Avena sativa), Fresh Organic Orange Juice (Citrus Aurantium dulcis), Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Perfume, Labdanum Resinoid (Cistus labdaniferus), Sweet Wild Orange Oil (Citrus sinensis), Glycerine, Sodium Chloride, EDTA, Tetrasodium Editronate, *Limonene *Occurs naturally in essential oils

on 9/21/2009 11:20:00 PM

Living in the US, bought mine at UK online store -- never tried or smelled it before, just went by reviews. I opened the package and was greeted by the foulest smell I have ever experienced, and I thought it had to be a joke. It wasn't. The soap actually smells like that. Good lather and very moisturizing, though.

Now, I'm not sure if I got a bad batch or something, but I started gagging in the shower because of the stench. Not to mention all the little oats softened up and got all over my tub. RIP OFF!

on 9/3/2009 2:35:00 PM

Porridge is super creamy and moisturizing and exfoliates great! The best smelling soap I've ever had.. very addicting lol, please make a solid perfume!!!

on 9/2/2009 4:13:00 PM

Gorgeous scented soap, just the right amount of scrubbiness for sensitive skin.

Smells just like syrup...PERFECT!

on 9/1/2009 12:52:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I've been really loyal to Lush soaps for years and this is one of my favorites. My sensitive skin reacts to many scrubby products but this is very gentle and non-abrasive. I can use it everyday without feeling like I'm over exfoliating. I even can shave my legs with this when I'm in a hurry.

And seriously, this smells so amazing! I love the warm, naturally sweet scent. I enjoy a little sweetness in my soaps but anything sugary or fake or cloying just repels me. The main portion of the soap is fairly soft in texture and lathers easily. The oatmeal grains are clustered on the uppermost portion of the soap (usually) and don't disappear quickly with use. It does tend to be a little messy but I don't mind since the grains don't seem to clog the drain or anything.

The only reason I didn't give this 5 lippies is because my absolute favorite soap is Lush's Alkmaar and nothing compares to that one. Otherwise this is a lovely soap. I have repurchased several times and will continue to as long as they keep making it.

on 8/16/2009 5:13:00 AM

Well, heard so many great things about this soap. Everyone that i've heard talk about this just raves about how great the smell is, and how nice the exfoliation effect is.

I agree, when I took a whiff of it at the store, I fell in love. The oaty smell and sweet scent really is wonderful.

I did quite like the scrubby effect of the bits and pieces in the soap.

However, after a while... it had this sour, kinda orangey kinda lemony scent mixed with rice or something. and lets face it, it's not great. I was wondering if the soap somehow "transformed" although I have not opened it for that long...

So well, all in all, I don't hate it, don't love it. But I'm willing to give it another try... and hope i enjoy it the next time around.

on 8/13/2009 12:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

The smell is heavenly! Just a warning, you will want to eat it! I really liked the soap part, but there's a LOT of oats, leaving some necessary clean-up. Though I found them to do a very good job exfoliating. Will purchase more for winter

on 8/8/2009 2:01:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely hate this product. I bought it and when I used it in the shower I almost got sick. The instant that it hit the water I started gagging and had to completely remove it from the bathroom immediately. I am so disappointed in this because I got a pretty big piece of it too. I liked its texture and the bubbles it made but just thinking of that smell is making me nauseous and I have never had that reaction to any soap or Lush product before. I got another bar in France and had the same reaction :(

I think this is the cheapest of all the LUSH soaps. The smell is divine, very sweet and comfortable. The grains help scrub off the dead skin, but the soap also lathers up really well and leaves your skin with a layer of soap while you scrub. I don't think this soap is harsh on the skin, after you rinse off your skin feels smooth but moisturized. The problem is that it leaves behind the grains everywhere on your tub. So you either have to wash it down the drain or put it up and throw it away. Overall I do love this product and would repurchase it again.

on 8/7/2009 1:14:00 PM

I LOVE the scent of this soap! It also lathers very well and leaves my skin silky smooth. I just don't like all the extra little pieces of oats/whatever it is that it leaves behind. I do not want or need any of the 'pieces' in my unmentionable parts (if you know what I mean) and all over the shower. It would be great if they would make the soap with the oats at the top of the bar so we could cut that part off but still have the soap. It won't stop me from repurchasing, but I just won't be doing it very often.

on 8/7/2009 8:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This and HIWTK are my two favourite LUSH soaps. This has a lovely smell that is sweet and warming (it kinda reminds me of anzac biscuits in a way). To begin with I thought the oats were too scratchy. I found that if i wet the soap quickly at the beginning of my shower, then leave it on the tray while i wash my face/hair the oats soften nicely and give a lovely scrub (it's almost like a massage, actually).

It is one of the cheaper LUSH soaps and I don't find that it melts very quickly at all.

I will definitely buy this again!

Popular Gels/Soaps