December 22, 2014 | 1780 users online

Gels/Soaps - LUSH - Porridge Soap

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2009 12:52:00 AM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been really loyal to Lush soaps for years and this is one of my favorites. My sensitive skin reacts to many scrubby products but this is very gentle and non-abrasive. I can use it everyday without feeling like I'm over exfoliating. I even can shave my legs with this when I'm in a hurry.

And seriously, this smells so amazing! I love the warm, naturally sweet scent. I enjoy a little sweetness in my soaps but anything sugary or fake or cloying just repels me. The main portion of the soap is fairly soft in texture and lathers easily. The oatmeal grains are clustered on the uppermost portion of the soap (usually) and don't disappear quickly with use. It does tend to be a little messy but I don't mind since the grains don't seem to clog the drain or anything.

The only reason I didn't give this 5 lippies is because my absolute favorite soap is Lush's Alkmaar and nothing compares to that one. Otherwise this is a lovely soap. I have repurchased several times and will continue to as long as they keep making it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2009 5:13:00 AM More reviews by carllin87

Well, heard so many great things about this soap. Everyone that i've heard talk about this just raves about how great the smell is, and how nice the exfoliation effect is.

I agree, when I took a whiff of it at the store, I fell in love. The oaty smell and sweet scent really is wonderful.

I did quite like the scrubby effect of the bits and pieces in the soap.

However, after a while... it had this sour, kinda orangey kinda lemony scent mixed with rice or something. and lets face it, it's not great. I was wondering if the soap somehow "transformed" although I have not opened it for that long...

So well, all in all, I don't hate it, don't love it. But I'm willing to give it another try... and hope i enjoy it the next time around.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2009 12:54:00 AM More reviews by jessie09

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The smell is heavenly! Just a warning, you will want to eat it! I really liked the soap part, but there's a LOT of oats, leaving some necessary clean-up. Though I found them to do a very good job exfoliating. Will purchase more for winter

rated 1 of 5 on 8/8/2009 2:01:00 AM More reviews by coruscation

I absolutely hate this product. I bought it and when I used it in the shower I almost got sick. The instant that it hit the water I started gagging and had to completely remove it from the bathroom immediately. I am so disappointed in this because I got a pretty big piece of it too. I liked its texture and the bubbles it made but just thinking of that smell is making me nauseous and I have never had that reaction to any soap or Lush product before. I got another bar in France and had the same reaction :(

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2009 6:37:00 PM More reviews by iheartcaliocean

I think this is the cheapest of all the LUSH soaps. The smell is divine, very sweet and comfortable. The grains help scrub off the dead skin, but the soap also lathers up really well and leaves your skin with a layer of soap while you scrub. I don't think this soap is harsh on the skin, after you rinse off your skin feels smooth but moisturized. The problem is that it leaves behind the grains everywhere on your tub. So you either have to wash it down the drain or put it up and throw it away. Overall I do love this product and would repurchase it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2009 1:14:00 PM More reviews by thlewis

I LOVE the scent of this soap! It also lathers very well and leaves my skin silky smooth. I just don't like all the extra little pieces of oats/whatever it is that it leaves behind. I do not want or need any of the 'pieces' in my unmentionable parts (if you know what I mean) and all over the shower. It would be great if they would make the soap with the oats at the top of the bar so we could cut that part off but still have the soap. It won't stop me from repurchasing, but I just won't be doing it very often.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2009 8:18:00 AM More reviews by mule84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This and HIWTK are my two favourite LUSH soaps. This has a lovely smell that is sweet and warming (it kinda reminds me of anzac biscuits in a way). To begin with I thought the oats were too scratchy. I found that if i wet the soap quickly at the beginning of my shower, then leave it on the tray while i wash my face/hair the oats soften nicely and give a lovely scrub (it's almost like a massage, actually).

It is one of the cheaper LUSH soaps and I don't find that it melts very quickly at all.

I will definitely buy this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2009 2:44:00 PM More reviews by Essie79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I absolutely love the scent of this soap. It is also very lathering and moisturizing. It is one of my favorite Lush soaps, but like other reviewers here, I wish they would stop putting those darn flakes of oats into the soap. They get into my mesh sponge, and all over my shower and tub. They are annoying, but fortunately I have a hand held shower head, so I can wash them away fairly easily! Does anyone know if Lush has ever offered this scent in any other product (like gels or bubble bars)?

rated 1 of 5 on 8/1/2009 9:02:00 PM More reviews by Laura22smom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Whatever the result of this soap, the seriously horrendous mess it makes in my shower makes it absolutlely impossible to use. I have never encountered a product that required me to clean my shower each time I used it! I actually threw the rest of my soap away because I could not bear the ordeal of using it. If you have daily maid service, you may like it...it has a pleasant scent and I imagine the grains would be effective exfoliants, but I can't really speak to this issue since I had to stop using this soap so early on. Ick.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2009 8:35:00 AM More reviews by bluemushroom

I'm not crazy about this soap..but I like it enough to buy it again on my next trip to lush.
It has a sweet and such a comfortable smell. Good enough to use it on your morning shower. Too bad the smell doesn't last long, but it lather nicely and doesn't dry out my skin.