November 26, 2014 | 997 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Salux Nylon Japanese Bath Towel

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2012 8:35:00 AM More reviews by emily_k

After discovering this product last July(thanks to the reviews on MUA!), I don't consider it a real shower if I don't have my Salux bath towel with me. It does such a great job exfoliating. I always had a lot of trouble with exfoliation of the skin on my back, but with the Salux bath towel I can reach everywhere and range from scrubbing hard to light exfoliation. It is great on all parts of the body, and overtime you will realize a big difference in your knees and elbows. I also like to use it between my fingers and toes, leaving the shower feeling sparkling clean :) I use it with either a bar of Dove soap or shower gel.
As others have mentioned, it is quite cheap. I really like the 'new towel feeling' also, so I have bought them several times, once through the Amazon website and twice through the product website. On the Amazon website, there seems to be something going on where the Salux towel will be knocked off by a cheap Chinese replacement. Check out that reviews. For that reason I went to the Salux website and received wonderful service including a personalized note.
Buy a bigger pack and then you can give extras out to family/friends who you think might like it. They'll be obsessed!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2012 2:24:00 PM More reviews by zoomusicgrrrl

Had never heard of Salux cloths till I came across the rave reviews when browsing MUA. (Thank you, MUAers!!!) These simple 60% nylon 40% polyester cloths are so cheap that I thought they'd certainly be worth a shot. I don't have dry skin or even dry patches - so I was shocked at how much silkier my skin felt after just the first use. Honestly, even if you think you have the world's smoothest skin, a hearty scrub with one of these will be an eye-opener. I use my Salux every morning now in the shower with a dab of shower gel/cream, and I come out with tingly-feeling, glowy and soft skin. They seem to work just as effectively even with water alone.
An added skin bonus I've found is that I can even lower the temperature of my shower water because of the warm tingle I get whilst scrubbing with my Salux - no more moisture-stripping scorching showers 'needed' despite the below-zero winter temperatures we've been getting here lately.
Importantly for me, now even parts of my body previously (and shamefully!!) neglected get a good scrubbing because the cloths are so long (35x11 inches) and easy to manoeuvre. It should go without saying that my collection of loofahs, body brushes and cotton cloths have been consigned to the bin. And never again would I contemplate wrestling with messy and awkward handfuls of sea salt/sugar/other gritty substances in the shower! Salux cloths are a must-have!!!
(BTW I bought off the saluxuk.co.uk website - 3 cloths for about 10 with 2 p&p. The wesbite doesn't look very professional/glossy, but I was really pleased with the swift, hassle-free service. The cloths I received have the Salux label, and the site warns against Chinese copies that are sold under the name 'Leyjie'.)

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2012 2:12:00 PM More reviews by Yashuragi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used to bathe with cheap cotton wash cloths. Not anymore, after I bought this Salux wash cloth. It scrubs and exfoliates so well. It smoothed out the rough patches around my elbows, knees and derriere(haha), that my old cheap wash cloths could never get rid of no matter how hard I scrubbed. This washcloth lathers so well, it only took a few swipes of soap to get it ready for bathing. Unlike my old cheap washcloths, which I had to buff the soap on to get a good lather. I am never going to use any old cheap wash cloth ever! I bought my Salux wash cloth from Joie Collins' online shop (saluxshop.com). I'm very pleased with her service. She ships very fast and her merchandise is the exact original Salux wash cloth (with the tag).

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2012 3:20:00 PM More reviews by uponbluemoon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for years! I can't imagine going back to loofahs now that I've tried Salux. One cloth lasts me a couple of years and I always hang it dry after shower so it doesn't grow moldy. I have a backup one ready but at the rate I'm going, I don't know when I'll actually get to use it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2012 3:08:00 PM More reviews by JuJu05

staple in my bathroom. This is all we use back home :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2012 2:09:00 PM More reviews by brandi9689

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased a couple of these towels directly from salux.com website based upon all the positive reviews. This is one of the best things I've ever used in the shower. At first I thought it felt a little rough on my skin but it takes away all the dry skin and makes your skin feel so soft and clean. I will never be without these again and will be telling all my friends about them.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2012 9:03:00 AM More reviews by Marianthoula

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I do not like reviewing an item after 1 use, and I usually do not trust any such reviews. But I cannot possibly wait and not comment this little marvel!

I ordered a pack of 4 greens, based on the reviews here. Joie is wonderful in service, informative, kind and fast. I ordered 07/Jan, they were dispatched the same day, and I got them 16/Jan BUT this is the Greek post's fault. Joie was super-fast, I am impressed.

It is a little funny when I first took it out of the package, a thin, see-through plastick mesh. It is so unassuming. But it lathers great, as everyone said it would and I was able to reach my back comfortably. I used about 1/3 of my usual shower cream.

I jumped into shower and I did three - yes, that is 1+1+1 - scrubs. Not because I needed to but because I liked it so much! I did once, than I said "ooh! let's do a nutritive hair mask!", put on mask and did another scrub while I waited. Then I said "Let's do a colour hair mask" and did the trird scrub while I waited for this! I enjoyed it so much! I scrubed very gently at the begining, but I was soon scrubbing hard and enjoying it. My skin did not get irritated or anything. It became velvety after the first scrub. Oh, I also tried it on my face. No irritation there, either.

I did not put any cream or lotion, just to see how my skin feels by itself. It feels great! Soft and supple. I had light "chicken skin" on my arms, and it's like 50% gone!

I love it for another, personal reason: I am going through a divorce and with such wonderful skin this product gives me -wink! wink! nudge! nudge! - my self-esteem is on the sky! I can't wait to go out there again! Must I say that I will buy again?

EDIT 05/Feb/12: I am still in love with it. This is 1 of the 2 steps that have transformed my skin. My skin is normal, I guess. Not dry, not scaly, no irritations, just some kp on arms. But I wanted to do more. So 1st step is exfogliating with Salux and 2nd step is my homemade shea body butter every 2-3 days. I just love this combo! Now my skin is just velvety, with almost 50% of the kp I had.

14 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2012 6:44:00 PM More reviews by SoFa10

I love this for taking taking a shower it really does lather very well and takes off dirt,its not smooth and its not harsh, I need to buy another one, the one I have is getting flimsy, I hate those loofah balls, those don't even clean well. I would definitely purchase this again and forever. Oh yeah I've been using these for probably 5 years.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2012 2:31:00 AM More reviews by makeup9111

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product really does what it claims, that's why I gave it 5 stars.
It will make mounds of lather- I love this, I used less than a quarter sized amount of my ridiculously expensive body wash, but the lather I got was more than enough, before this cloth I had literally used 1/2 a bottle for 1 shower because it wasn't lathering enough.
It exfoliates- holy roughness, straight out of the package it's rough, but if you want to exfoliate legs, arms, back really easily and have wicked smooth skin, this is perfect!
It's pretty cheap- I got mine on Amazon.com for like $5, and it was totally worth it, I'll never buy a "regular" poof or exfoliating cloth again, this is industrial strength!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2012 1:59:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wash randomly reading reviews one day and came across this item and was intrigued by the raving reviews. I had to have one too. I purchased mine vie eBay and this product is totally awesome! Perfect for the shower and gently buffing away my dry winter skin. To acquire my sense of getting my full monies worth I utilized the tip I read and I have cut mine into 4 large face clothes.