October 25, 2014 | 1663 users online

Powder - Clinique - Almost Powder Makeup SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2010 3:35:00 PM More reviews by becca_anne38

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using this for 7 years. I have sensitive, neutral-fair, red when irritated, normal/oily/combo sometimes dry skin. I do love this, but you have to play with it to make it work. I use this with my EDM kabuki brush to set my foundation routine: Revlon Colorstay Oil/combo sand beige, Mac studio finish concealer NW25. without this powder, i look too yellow/jaundice. When i set this, it provides great coverage, natural, and just smooths out everything. The ashy powder neutralizes the yellow to my original skin color, and looks beautiful. If used with the wrong foundation, it will look asky. I use neutral-fair 02. My makeup lasts all day 12+ hours with this. I do use MAC MSF natural light-medium for touch ups during the day, which provides more coverage than clinique, but is more yellow/warm. Clinique melts into your skin, and it just gets better as the day progresses. It makes my skin glow. Not sparkly looking, but glowing, not shimmery, just healthy looking. i just ordered a new one. it last me a long time, almost a year i believe.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2010 11:00:00 PM More reviews by annamay

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I actually like this product. I apply after moisturizer and initially it does look a bit heavy and chalky. However, after 30 minutes, it melts into my skin and makes my face look smooth and poreless. I like the color match, Neutral Fair 02, and it lasts. The only problem is the waiting for it to meld with my skin. So, I tend to wear it on weekends and not when I'm rushing to get ready for work. I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2010 9:02:00 PM More reviews by jenmlopez

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Just bought this and I am absolutely IN LOVE with this powder!! I keep finding great products from clinique that make me wonder why so many people look this brand over so much. I have been a big fan of their almost makeup liquid for a long time, i have dry skin and don't wear liquid foundation so lean toward tinted moisturizer with a powder on top. Been using mac msf which i really like but was interested in trying this so bought it. It looks so nice on my skin, not drying, feels like silk. Gives more coverage than the MSF from Mac and can't believe a powder can look so good on my dry skin. I use a kabuki brush to apply and blend in. Really happy I found this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2010 12:42:00 AM More reviews by helenabinky

This product is OKAY. the coverage is blah. and it kind of washes you out and I got oily throughout the day. I used it all up and i was content with it but it wasnt my favorite. I switched to the stay matte powder , i got the shade 'stay honey'. Its pretty good, it doesnt make me oily, but you have to put a lot on to see any differences. I use this over studio sculpt whatever foundation and it works well. I SAY TRY STAY MATTE POWDER Rather than the Almost Powder

rated 1 of 5 on 3/29/2010 10:50:00 PM More reviews by efjones

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Useless product. If you want to look like you are wearing no foundation then save your money on this and just don't wear any:) This has the tiniest bit of coverage for about 10 minutes, that's all. Also, v. hard to color match because they SPF makes it go on dramatically lighter than it looks in the package. Boo.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2010 2:04:00 AM More reviews by Ryleen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Meh is how I feel about this powder. The colors suck (I've changed 3x), it doesn't last very long, and its only pro is that when it IS staying on your face, it provides good coverage without being cakey. If you don't mind reapplying, good foundation. If you despise it, ditch it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2010 9:51:00 PM More reviews by husserl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got this at the recommendation of one of my best friends. I typically use a very light dusting of this to "set" my tinted moisturizer or I use this on its own when I don't feel the need to look fully "done." I have a very fair complexion and this never appears muddy and I really appreciate the extra SPF. When applied with a foofy brush, it's a very no-nonsense powder that does the job and provides sheer to decent coverage depending on one's application style.

What I don't understand is how the effect I get from this product can be so variable. When I first started wearing this, I got tons of compliments. Yet, on some days, I would find that this product would settle into my fine lines and look funny. I'm young -- I'm not even supposed to HAVE "fine lines!" And yet, Almost Powder showed me exactly where they were! No one else seemed to notice this phenomenon...but, then again, who would honestly say so if they did?

I've also noticed that Almost Powder gives 50/50 reapplication results: sometimes, when I lightly reapply, everything looks great. And, sometimes, it just kinda cakes up in my T-Zone. Ironically, I think this powder is better for my days when I'm less oily (which are getting fewer and more far between as the weather warms up) when powder is supposed to be oil-zapping.

UPDATE: I found that switching to a mineral foundation solved all my issues here, and I don't think I'll ever purchase this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2010 12:13:00 AM More reviews by bootyliciousbaby

Just average for me. Sheer-light coverage, good colour match (01 fair) for NW15 skin, but no staying power. Put this on around noon and was sliding off my skin around 6pm, not a pretty sight. If you like pressed powder foundations, both Laura Mercier's and Dior Diorskin Forever Compact are superior to this in terms of staying power and finish.

EDIT 04/02/2010: This looks like I'm wearing chalk.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2010 1:21:00 PM More reviews by uggleson

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a great product which minimizes time and effort a lot! My beauty routine just became so much easier and non messy, compared to fluid foundation. But, the use of this product is highly recommended with the extra buy of Cliniques bronzing brush. It is a vital tool for getting this product application right. The result is totally different (in a good way) than when just using the brush that goes with the powder. I would not give this product such a high rating if I did not find out about the application with the bronzing brush (Cliniques largest brush). This product is also very suitable for reapplication later in the evening, which can take you from daytime to eveningtime very easy. I totally agree with many other reviewers that this product actually does look better when have been warmed up a bit with natural skin oils in your face. After a few hours it looks stunning and even more flattering. I am normally pale with light blue eyes. The SA recommended #4 Natural for me, which I thought was way too dark, but it actually does matches really well and gives me that just extra bronzing colour that you actually can afford to your face without looking too made up.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2010 3:57:00 PM More reviews by caitlincoulthard

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This was my HG pressed powder for 2 or 3 years.
However I found one with more coverage (and WAAAAY more expensive :( So now I use this for touchups because I don't want to waste my other one.

PROS:
Great coverage.
Nice large mirror.
Finely milled, nice silky feel.
ALMOST powder, as in it's silky, almost creme-like,

CONS:
Poor packaging.
Can look cakey if you use the sponge included.

Overall, this product is great. It covers up any of my redness, and is great for touchups throughout the day. As I said before, this was my HG pressed powder for 2 years or so. I used it with my EcoTools powder brush, and the coverage was amazing. But I expected the packaging to be better. The pan actually fell out of the compact. (Sure, I just put in a magnetic strip and it was fine, but still.) At $23 it's a hellofalot cheaper than my new HG Chanel Poudre Universelle Compacte. I will repurchase because of it's cheap price, silky texture, and staying power.