December 18, 2014 | 1631 users online

Powder - Clinique - Almost Powder Makeup SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2010 10:19:00 PM More reviews by MumAgain

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm trialling a tinted moisturiser plus powder over the winter months when my skin is a lot dryer and this does not disappoint and I'm pleasantly surprised by how good this powder looks and feels. It provides just enough coverage to cover my acne scars and pores and smooths over the few lines I have without looking cakey. My skin looks so much younger, dewy and light. It feels like nothing and just melts into the skin without me having to buff. I just lightly brush this on with a big powder brush. I might just carry on using this over summer as long as it can cope with my oily T-zone and the humidity by then. I have no idea how I missed out on this for so long. Well done Clinique!

Reference: MAC NC40-42 - Shade 06 Deep

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2010 5:11:00 PM More reviews by maureenheather

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Just bought it yesterday and so far I'm impressed. (Only giving 4 lippies until I know whether it breaks me out.) After much trial and error, and waffling back and forth between liquid and powder foundations, I have finally concluded that powder works best on my skin, with a primer underneath to fill in the large pores on my nose and upper cheeks. I'm using this powder with a flat foundation brush, not a kabuki. It goes on looking very matte but in a few minutes really melds into my skin and takes on a natural, glowy look, similar to a good liquid foundation. But somehow it makes my skin look firmer and and more youthful than a liquid. It doesn't sink into my lines, it covers my sunspots and rosacea, and it doesn't flake or gunk up on my combination skin. I normally have trouble matching my skin to Clinique's colors, but I found that Neutral 04 is perfect for my NW 25 skin tone. I recommend sampling the colors in a store where you have access to outside light. Neutral 04 looked deceivingly yellow in the compact and store lighting, but in sunlight looks perfect on my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2010 3:35:00 PM More reviews by becca_anne38

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using this for 7 years. I have sensitive, neutral-fair, red when irritated, normal/oily/combo sometimes dry skin. I do love this, but you have to play with it to make it work. I use this with my EDM kabuki brush to set my foundation routine: Revlon Colorstay Oil/combo sand beige, Mac studio finish concealer NW25. without this powder, i look too yellow/jaundice. When i set this, it provides great coverage, natural, and just smooths out everything. The ashy powder neutralizes the yellow to my original skin color, and looks beautiful. If used with the wrong foundation, it will look asky. I use neutral-fair 02. My makeup lasts all day 12+ hours with this. I do use MAC MSF natural light-medium for touch ups during the day, which provides more coverage than clinique, but is more yellow/warm. Clinique melts into your skin, and it just gets better as the day progresses. It makes my skin glow. Not sparkly looking, but glowing, not shimmery, just healthy looking. i just ordered a new one. it last me a long time, almost a year i believe.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2010 11:00:00 PM More reviews by annamay

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I actually like this product. I apply after moisturizer and initially it does look a bit heavy and chalky. However, after 30 minutes, it melts into my skin and makes my face look smooth and poreless. I like the color match, Neutral Fair 02, and it lasts. The only problem is the waiting for it to meld with my skin. So, I tend to wear it on weekends and not when I'm rushing to get ready for work. I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2010 9:02:00 PM More reviews by jenmlopez

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Just bought this and I am absolutely IN LOVE with this powder!! I keep finding great products from clinique that make me wonder why so many people look this brand over so much. I have been a big fan of their almost makeup liquid for a long time, i have dry skin and don't wear liquid foundation so lean toward tinted moisturizer with a powder on top. Been using mac msf which i really like but was interested in trying this so bought it. It looks so nice on my skin, not drying, feels like silk. Gives more coverage than the MSF from Mac and can't believe a powder can look so good on my dry skin. I use a kabuki brush to apply and blend in. Really happy I found this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2010 12:42:00 AM More reviews by helenabinky

This product is OKAY. the coverage is blah. and it kind of washes you out and I got oily throughout the day. I used it all up and i was content with it but it wasnt my favorite. I switched to the stay matte powder , i got the shade 'stay honey'. Its pretty good, it doesnt make me oily, but you have to put a lot on to see any differences. I use this over studio sculpt whatever foundation and it works well. I SAY TRY STAY MATTE POWDER Rather than the Almost Powder

rated 1 of 5 on 3/29/2010 10:50:00 PM More reviews by efjones

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Useless product. If you want to look like you are wearing no foundation then save your money on this and just don't wear any:) This has the tiniest bit of coverage for about 10 minutes, that's all. Also, v. hard to color match because they SPF makes it go on dramatically lighter than it looks in the package. Boo.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2010 2:04:00 AM More reviews by Ryleen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Meh is how I feel about this powder. The colors suck (I've changed 3x), it doesn't last very long, and its only pro is that when it IS staying on your face, it provides good coverage without being cakey. If you don't mind reapplying, good foundation. If you despise it, ditch it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2010 9:51:00 PM More reviews by husserl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got this at the recommendation of one of my best friends. I typically use a very light dusting of this to "set" my tinted moisturizer or I use this on its own when I don't feel the need to look fully "done." I have a very fair complexion and this never appears muddy and I really appreciate the extra SPF. When applied with a foofy brush, it's a very no-nonsense powder that does the job and provides sheer to decent coverage depending on one's application style.

What I don't understand is how the effect I get from this product can be so variable. When I first started wearing this, I got tons of compliments. Yet, on some days, I would find that this product would settle into my fine lines and look funny. I'm young -- I'm not even supposed to HAVE "fine lines!" And yet, Almost Powder showed me exactly where they were! No one else seemed to notice this phenomenon...but, then again, who would honestly say so if they did?

I've also noticed that Almost Powder gives 50/50 reapplication results: sometimes, when I lightly reapply, everything looks great. And, sometimes, it just kinda cakes up in my T-Zone. Ironically, I think this powder is better for my days when I'm less oily (which are getting fewer and more far between as the weather warms up) when powder is supposed to be oil-zapping.

UPDATE: I found that switching to a mineral foundation solved all my issues here, and I don't think I'll ever purchase this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2010 12:13:00 AM More reviews by bootyliciousbaby

Just average for me. Sheer-light coverage, good colour match (01 fair) for NW15 skin, but no staying power. Put this on around noon and was sliding off my skin around 6pm, not a pretty sight. If you like pressed powder foundations, both Laura Mercier's and Dior Diorskin Forever Compact are superior to this in terms of staying power and finish.

EDIT 04/02/2010: This looks like I'm wearing chalk.