December 20, 2014 | 1610 users online

Brows - Maybelline - Define-A-Brow

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2011 1:14:00 AM More reviews by mrsleonidas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

UPDATE: 2/2012 WTF! DARK BROWN has been DISCONTINUED!!! WTF!!!
BUT, these are actually priced high when comparing to the MAC one.
The size of each Maybelline is .1 for $7.00.
So 7 x 3= $21. Maybelline is actually only a good buy if you can get it with a "Buy 1 get 1 free Coupon!"

With all that said..........
MAC is bigger and is THE BETTER DEAL.
Cuz, it is actually 3 times the size at .3 for $15.00!!!!
Plus, the MAC formula is wayyyyyy better anyways!!
So, yeah..... its all good!!

Imo, this is just as good as MAC...but way over half off! I do find that MAC has better staying power,but with some good setting powder and face primer i am good to go.
I generally use this on weekdays and save my MAC for special occasions and nights out.
IMO, this is a great dupe.
I use the Dark Brown it does not have that horrid red in it!(which I hate when browns have that icky reddish hue when blended out!)
Though, this does have some chocolate cocoa undertones....but not too red at all...it just keeps it brown and not a charcoal like brown.
For under five dollars I recommend you to try it.
I know that everyone has their opinions, and there are many who didn't like it.
But, I(and millions of other happy user's) do believe that the ones with negative reviews, are probably just twisting too much out. Or maybe it somehow got too warm and then dried out when it went back to solid form.
Or they may just have there home very warm or too cool and therefore it breaks more easily.
Heck, I don't know! Lol!
Now, I did break it a lot on the first one I bought.
But, the past 8 or so have been perfect for me.
So, just remember that all you need is a very very very tiny bit out!
I really love that its so tiny and finely pointed, that I can draw and define the front box of my brows perfectly.
I also use Smashbox's Brunette Brow Tech, or MAC's Espresso Eyeshadow for my arch, and the two blend together nicely.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2011 5:16:00 PM More reviews by randomtaskzombie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite eyebrow pencil ever! The application with this is super controlled because its not insanely pigmented and if you mess up all you have to do is wipe it with your finger and it comes off. The only thing I would change is the brush at the end of the pencil, I wish it was a spool.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2011 4:47:00 PM More reviews by eelkennaid226

It does stay on the whole day. It's not as cakey as the other eyebrow pencils that I have tried. I'm using the dark brown and the color is great.I don't like the container, its hard to twist. But I wish I get more for what I pay for.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2011 7:46:00 PM More reviews by cosmic007

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I had high expectations for this product's performance, but I found it to be a let-down. It's tough to twist the product up out of the tube, and there really isn't much there for the price. The color isn't terrible, but it's get that almost reddish/strawberry blonde tint to it, so I didn't care much for that. I find it easier to use Avon's pencil, as it applies easily, looks natural, and is truly long-wearing.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2011 5:32:00 AM More reviews by jennyvo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Yes! The perfect eyebrow pencil for black hair. Other brown eyebrow pencils I've discovered has an orangey look to it, and this is an actual dark brown! It stays on all day.

I would've preferred a spool on the end of the pencil instead of a comb. And the first time I bought it I mistook it for a windup&down pencil but beware, you can't wind it down, just up! The pencil is very thin and it's perfect for drawing little hairs and making it look more natural!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2011 9:37:00 PM More reviews by lilaznkitty11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I give this product a 4.5. I LOVE this. I use it in Dark Brown and it has NO red undertones whatsoever, which is hard to come by. It's pigmented and goes on easily. The slimness of the pencil makes it easy to define the tail of my brow. The only thing I hate about this product is that it doesn't last the whole day for me. Because I have really oily skin, I have to reapply this if I'm going out again. Other than that, I would definitely be purchasing this again.

EDIT: I just found out that they have discontinued the shade Dark Brown. Although I was initially upset about this (since this was a dupe for MAC's brow pencil in spiked and I thought that I was saving money by getting Maybelline's version), after some research I found out that MAC's brow pencil is more worth it.

MAC: .003 oz for $16 = $5.33 for .001 oz
Maybelline: .001 oz for $6 (Walmart)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2011 11:41:00 PM More reviews by jcdx3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have repurchased this numerous times and I love it. Its so hard to find a pigmented drugstore eyebrow pencil and this is my favorite. IMO it is almost as good as macs but less expensive! The only problem is that it breaks off sort of easily:/ Oh well, I still love it HG for sure!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/8/2011 11:24:00 AM More reviews by summrgirl720

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

after great reviews, i was excited to try! except I have pretty wiry/thick brow hairs and this barely got in between them. because of that, you could tell how waxy the product was on my brows and it looked very weird and not cute. plus, since it was taking so much more effort to get between my brow hairs, i had to twist up the pencil at least 10 times during application, thus making me believe i'd go through this $8-9 pencil pretty quickly. Plus, the brush is not as good as a spoolie you could get from sephora's sample application stands or Sally's in a multi-pack. I'm immediately returning to CVS :(

rated 3 of 5 on 11/21/2011 2:16:00 AM More reviews by lovejkras

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought the shade "light blonde." I was told this was a dupe for Mac's brow pencil in "Fling." I can tell you it most certainly is not. While the packaging is very similar (twist up, a similar type of stick packaging), but the pigmentation is simply not there. I have natural, golden blonde hair and I wanted a brow pencil that made my similarly colored, sparse brows defined. This pencil is waxy and severely lacking in pigmentation. For a drugstore brow pencil, you'd be better off getting the Wet 'n Wild eye pencil in taupe, though that's a touch darker for me. Fling is still my HG and I will continue to buy it until I find a drugstore product that perfectly dupes it. Brows are too important to chance it with bad products!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2011 3:22:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Bought this in light blonde, which really should read "RED HEAD." I have light brown ASH toned brows, and this was so obvious. I used it up to give it a fair chance, but heck no. heck no.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No