September 18, 2014 | 2089 users online

Brows - Maybelline - Define-A-Brow

rated 3 of 5 on 11/21/2011 2:16:00 AM More reviews by lovejkras

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought the shade "light blonde." I was told this was a dupe for Mac's brow pencil in "Fling." I can tell you it most certainly is not. While the packaging is very similar (twist up, a similar type of stick packaging), but the pigmentation is simply not there. I have natural, golden blonde hair and I wanted a brow pencil that made my similarly colored, sparse brows defined. This pencil is waxy and severely lacking in pigmentation. For a drugstore brow pencil, you'd be better off getting the Wet 'n Wild eye pencil in taupe, though that's a touch darker for me. Fling is still my HG and I will continue to buy it until I find a drugstore product that perfectly dupes it. Brows are too important to chance it with bad products!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2011 3:22:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Bought this in light blonde, which really should read "RED HEAD." I have light brown ASH toned brows, and this was so obvious. I used it up to give it a fair chance, but heck no. heck no.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2011 3:39:00 PM More reviews by FierceIncluded

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my staple brow pencil, until something better comes along =) I prefer drugstore brands for brow and mascara since I go through them so fast, and this one is great. Lasts all day even through sweating, and surprisingly rain as well. I tend to rub my face throughout the day just out of habit and this seems to stick to me pretty well. I wish it was a little cheaper by a buck or so, I think its great but for DS its a little pricey for a brow pencil.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2011 10:19:00 PM More reviews by jayme120

I was very surprised at how much I liked this brow pencil. There are not a ton of shades to choose from but I was able to find one that was close enough.
I also love that there is no sharpening required.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2011 4:57:00 PM More reviews by bigsvig

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great brow pencil. It works great and has a nice balance between soft and smudgey and crisp. I just notice that it gets used up very fast. Seriously. I know its a cheap drugstore brand, but I wonder if the economics are really all that great given how quickly it gets used up. I have noticed this in several Maybelline products. Even given the tendency to reach more often for a product that is working great for you, I think they are up to something...

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2011 3:40:00 PM More reviews by eko99

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this brow pencil. After developing a rather expensive addiction to the Kevyn Aucoin brow pencil, I needed to find a less spendy replacement. I didn't have high hopes. Most of the brow pencils I've tried are either a. just as expensive as the KA or b. waxy melted crayon greasy clown messes. Enter Maybelline Define-A-Brow. I bought them when they had a BOGO 50% deal on Maybelline and supplemented it with a coupon. I figured I could risk trying it and if it was crap, I wouldn't be out that much for the attempt. Instead, I was VERY pleasantly surprised. It's not as dry as the KA, but it is also more flexible in that I can soften up a harsh edge without ending up removing the color entirely. It doesn't migrate or smear without some serious effort and the dark brown is a good dupe of the KA brunette although very slightly warmer. It also works as a precise non tugging eyeliner and fake mole creator. My only complaint is that there's no spoolie on the other end, and I'm used to flipping the pencil over to use the spoolie to blend the color a little. The tiny green comb isn't very good in that regard- but I've got heaps of spoolies around. However, that little comb is AWESOME for separating eyelashes and dealing with wet mascara clumps. I used to use the metal comb type separator (which resulted in at least one trip to the eye doctor because I scratched my cornea with those evilly sharp needles) and have poked myself in the finger and drawn blood more than once when digging around in my makeup bag. No more........Great brows at 25% of the cost of a KA AND I won't have to worry about my tetanus shot being up to date....

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2011 8:30:00 PM More reviews by KungPowKitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite eyebrow pencil. It's a bright green tube so its easy to find in my mess of a makeup box. The small tip makes it easy to fill in the narrow ends of my brow and the product goes on not to dark, not to light. I love how it has the comb attached to the end, and the colors stays on all day. The only complaint I have is that sometimes when a buy a new pencil the and I try to twist it up, it just crumbles off. That's a bummer, but It rarely happens. Also, I used to get it in Soft Black, but I can't find that color in any store I go to anymore, including Amazon! I've had to choose other brands since then and I hate them all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2011 2:11:00 PM More reviews by maliastyle

I've been paying for MAC all these years - while all the while, there was the far more accessible, less expensive Maybelline sitting there at several nearby drugstores!

Without a tester, however, it's not quick and easy to find your match. I wear MAC Spiked, and thought that Dark Brown in the Maybelline would be too dark, so I bought Medium. While I liked Medium enough, my hair is quite dark right now, and I've switched to Dark Brown, which really isn't frighteningly dark at all. In fact, I think Dark Brown is closer to Spiked than Medium.

If I were given the two products - Maybelline's and MAC's - side by side, unmarked, in similar tubes, I doubt I'd be able to tell the difference. What I like more about Maybelline's though is the accompanying brow comb. I never thought I'd use it, but I quite like it, as my brows, while sparse, can be sometimes unruly.

About $7 CAD at Walmart, $9 at drugstores.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2011 11:48:00 PM More reviews by bubbles321236

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Green

My only brow pencil it is by far my favorite has been for years.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2011 10:28:00 PM More reviews by glamourdoll

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have been looking for a brow pencil for a while. This fits the bill. It has a fine tip, which allows me to draw light, delicate strokes. It goes on creamy and smooth, but it stays in place all day (yay!). I have dark brown hair, so I chose the dark brown pencil---and this is a perfect match for me. This goes on a neutral, deep chocolate color. On me there are no auburn, brassy, or red tones. I cannot tell how much product is left in my pencil so I guess I should start carrying a backup. And I would prefer the spoolie on the end instead of the comb. But these things are minor and I plan to repurchase.