August 1, 2014 | 1031 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skin Finish Natural - Medium Plus

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2010 12:11:00 AM More reviews by babielylien

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my HG of setting powders I used it everyday over my tinted moisturizer, and sometimes alone. Looks amazing! Will definatly repurchasing I am on my second one in 4 months =S LOVE!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2010 9:51:00 AM More reviews by princessjuicydiva

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this product for ease of use as I apply this over my Mac Studio fix fluid to fix my makeup for the day. I use the MAC 187 brush to apply as i find this gives a better finish then using my MAC 150 brush. It stays flawless all day and I have very oily skin. As the pressed powder is not completely matt it has a slight pearlised finish which looks very natural. You can use this on its own as a foundation but i found i had to really build it up in layers to get a better coverage. Highly recommended if you want a long wearing powder. x
UPDATE: I am now using this with my Mac 182 buffer brush all over my face then using my MAC 130 brush on areas I need more coverage and its amazing...totaly flawless. x

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2010 4:49:00 PM More reviews by volle1731

I really like this product a lot. I have never had anything bad to say about MAC cosmetics. However, I have been having a bad skin condition ever since around the time I purchased this product. I have noticed inflamed areas around my nose and a few spots on my chin. I have tried many many products before on my face and have never had a skin problem before. I am completely baffled at this. I think I am about to stop using this product for about a week and see if my problem clears up. If anyone at all has had a similar problem with this, I would surely like to know! Thanks

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2010 7:28:00 AM More reviews by yinglinBCN

I really like this product. I'm NC30 (though i find this shade is a bit darker than my actual skin tone) and i have VERY sensitive, combination skin that means my forehead, cheeks and upper nose are pretty dry and flaky and my chin, nose and mouth areas are oily and acne prone though i haven't got acne scars (i'm 26 and gosh i still suffer from spots). When i say my skin is sensitive I mean it turns red with every product I apply in it. I really have problems to find the right liquid foundation since my face is so different from one area to another, but the only product that hides my skin problems and adds a nice natual look is MAC mineralized skinfinish natural!! I'm in love with it and will definitely repurchase. Wish i found the right foundation and skin moisturizer now ( I already tried an old Clinique one, MAC SPF and MUFE Velvet+)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2010 12:28:00 AM More reviews by RVB2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I think this is a good product. There are only a few things I don't like, and wish were different. The first thing being the durability of the finish. I have combo/oily skin, so I set my foundation with a powder, after putting this on and going about my day...after a few hours my skin looks oily! It looks great when first applied, but after that BAM! Back to oil. Also, there is a lot of fallout with this product, you open the flip and there is MSF natural all over the place! And I'm not flailing this thing around or anything, it is sitting nicely in my collection..weird.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2009 9:16:00 PM More reviews by ianastar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the Mineralize line. I use this alone to just even out skin color/texture, or to set a foundation and give skin a healthy glow.

I tend to use some of the darker colors, or some of the MSFs as bronzer.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/16/2009 10:39:00 PM More reviews by pinchopeach

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

i used this powder to set my foundation for the first time today and didn't like it. it made me oilier and i just wanted to go home and wash off my make up. i'm back to shopping for the perfect setting powder.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2009 4:03:00 AM More reviews by arikabh

This powder gives such a nice finish. It's matte but it still has a tiny bit of sheen. Just enough to give the skin nice dimension. Also this shade doesn't have the orange tones that most MAC face products have. I dont have any problems with my neck and face not matching up. Wish the packaging had a mirror like the Blot Powder but it's still great. I will still repurchase though. This seems to be MAC's most expensive setting powder though. I prefer this one though to the others because this adds a tiny bit of coverage. I use Face &Body Foundation and find that this combo gives just the right amount of coverage.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2009 8:22:00 AM More reviews by marlavm

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I normally don't care for MMU, but I like this powder very much. It's a very lightweight, light coverage product that I apply with my Jane Iredale flattop kabuki. I hate anything that's the slightest bit shiny on my oily skin but, as I get older, can't wear really matte products either without looking aged -- I think this product is a nice compromise. I usually wear it alone for light-makeup days. I've also used it over my BB Skin Foundation with great results. Oil control is okay -- Blot (pressed) is better. NC30-35. I usually get clogged pores from other MMU but have not had any issues with this product. Very good staying power/minimal fading as the day goes on.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/28/2009 12:57:00 AM More reviews by michellecruz1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't know if i like this powder and i dont know why ppl keep talking about how amazing it is ive tried powders that are cheaper and better but I got it about a week ago because i heard it was a very good powder. I also heard that this could make you break out but i decided to get it anyway and see for myself. In my opinion it doesn't give a very good coverage and you have to put a lot on and it makes me face feel cakey. Also since ive been using it ive been breaking out and im not sure if this is to blame so im going to start using it more frequently and if i keep breaking out it is definitely going back to MAC. Ill update in a few weeks.
UPDATE. I ended up taking this back to MAC and exchanged it for something else. It make my skin break out, even my mom told me what was up with my skin and i totally agreed. I only used it 4 times and it already caused breakouts . Its a horrible product and expensive, i dont know why ppl like it so much.