L'Oreal Refreshing Eye Make Up Remover

2.4

Water, Hexylene Glycol, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Potassium Phosphate, Sodium Laureth 8 Sulfate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Allantoin, Magnesium Laureth 8 Sulfate, Magnesium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Oleth Sulfate, Magnesium Oleth Sulfate, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Benzoate, Fragrance, FIL

on 9/27/2003 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This will NOT remove any waterproof mascara!!! but does a perfect job removing eyeshadow & eyeliner . although it felt refreshing around the delicate eye area it DID stung a little. this product is cheap enough but didnt get the job done fully for me so I wont be purchasing this again.

on 9/27/2003 11:04:00 AM

Agreed -- EXACT FORMULATION as Lancome's more expensive oil-free eye makeup remover -- just a different bottle with a lower price tag! At any rate, this one at $5.99 has worked very well for me this past week. (I use flat cotton cosmetic squares instead of cotton balls which absorb more liquid -- so there's no excess product to drip into my eyes.) Have experienced absolutely no stinging or irritation. Does the job efficiently, quickly, and leaves no oily residue. Plus it has a nice, pleasant rosewater fragrance. Where the corners of my eyes had begun to develop dryness when using creamy Cetaphil face cleanser to remove my shadow and mascara -- one use of L'Oreal Eye Makeup Remover eradicated the problem, instantly. So, perhaps, it's true as the bottle says, "Conditions delicate eye area as it cleans," Conditions WITHOUT being oily? -- couldn't ask for anything more from an eyemakeup remover!

on 8/22/2003 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This stuff hurts like h*ll! My eyes feel like they have acid in them when I use this product. Of course, you're not supposed to bathe in it, but the large opening with no squirt hole in the opening makes it difficult to use just a small amount without spilling it. This, in my opinion, is not a good product.

on 7/25/2003 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Listen to the experts: If you wear waterproof eyemakeup, this will not work. It feels good going on though.

on 6/16/2003 3:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Aaaaauuggh! The pain! The burning! This product was beyond horrible. It made my eyes and the skin around them (and any other skin that it came in contact with) sting and burn like mad. Yeah, it took off my makeup. And, yeah, it was pretty cheap. But holy scorched eyeballs - this stuff was way, WAY too harsh to be near my eyes. And my eyes are not even that sensitive. It hurt like h*ll for at least half-hour after use. Just awful. I wouldn't even put this menace up for swap - it went straight into the garbage.

on 5/22/2003 5:01:00 AM

Awesome, inexpensive eye m/u remover. It even removed my waterproof mascara without pulling out any lashes (I had that problem previously with Ponds wipes because they seemed too dry to remove mascara without a little tugging). The scent is light and pleasant, and there's no greasy residue afterwards. A good alternative to Lancome removers! :)

on 5/20/2003 12:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

From what I can tell, this product could be compared to Lancome's Effacil remover (NOT their Bi-Facil remover, which is oil-based) -- but that's just what I can tell by reading LOL.

My EXPERIENCE with this product has been wonderful -- it removes all my eye makeup w/o a problem at all, doesn't leave any greasy afterfeel whatsoever (feels like water), and, as a contact lens wearer, I really think that if I had to use this before I inserted my lenses (say, if I had to redo my face for whatever reason), my lenses would not be affected by it at all.

I'm on my 4th bottle of this, which says a lot -- it works, and it works well.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Did not take my mascara off. I don't even wear water-proof mascara!

on 4/6/2003 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have tried a lot of removers and this is my favorite for regular mascara (this one won't remove waterproof or that Revlon 3-day stuff). It takes it off instantly--indeed it almost seems to vanish. I had been using Revlon's colorstay remover wipes and boy did that take a lot of rubbing and time to gradually get ANYTHING off. This is like a dream in comparison. But if you are wearing waterproof or colorstay you will have to go with the oily stuff.

on 2/21/2003 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was using MK oil-free makeup remover and got milia from it..I also noticed I had to use more of it because it smeared it all over..This make-up remover is gentle and effective..I don't feel any irritation and I am a rosacea sufferer..The price is good too..It's similar to Lancome which makes sense since L'oreal owns the company..