Peter Thomas Roth Un-Wrinkle Peel Pads

4.4

Water, Glycolic Acid, Ethoxydiglycol, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Lactate (Lactic Acid), Rosa Centifolia Flower Water, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, Ppg-5-Ceteth-20, Butylene Glycol, Arginine, Linolenic Acid (Vitamin F), Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Retinol (Vitamin A), Cholecalciferol (Vitamin D), Alanine, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C), Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Symphytum Officinale Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Salicylic Acid, Caprylic/Capric, Triglyceride, Propylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea.

on 9/6/2009 11:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I bought these based on reviews. This product is amazing. I started out using a pad once every 3-4 days at night, then increased gradually to every other night. If I notice dryness, I skip a night. That being said, these pads produce noticeable results. Small bumps and blocked pores seem to disappear with continued use. The next morning you look as if you had a real facial peel. I followed the directions and only keep on for 3 minutes then rinse off with cool water. I follow with a little moisturizer. It will sting for the 3 minutes, but I am sensitive and have not noticed any irritation.

on 8/27/2009 9:37:00 PM

I bought these on a whim in the UnWrinkle package. I love them completely. I used pretty much only these to cleanse my face (with reactive, sensitive, aging skin) and my skin feels soft and smooth. The milia on my forehead cleared right up and even my jawline looks a bit firmer. Will definitely repurchase. I'm using them about once every two days right now.

on 8/22/2009 3:34:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

The list of ingredients encouraged me to purchase these pads (I LOVE lactic acid, well, most formulations) and even though the ph's of some of the ingredients should by rights cancel out the effectivemess of some of the other ingredients (not all ingredients can just be lumped together) I thought them worth a try, especially based on the reviews.. If I use these about once, MAYBE twice a week, and only leave it on for up to three minutes then I see nice results. Any more or any longer then my skin looks worse for wear, more dry and hence my pores then look even a little large. These don't do anything totally amazing for my skin, but then I exfoliate/cleanse really well anyway, so there is probably only so much they can do, but I do like how they make my skin feel (baby smooth, just as smooth as the clarisonic) and I do think they help impart a glow, again, as long as I don't over use them.

on 7/19/2009 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

After reading so many good reviews, I decided to buy this! I don't regret buying it because this stuff is amazing! 60 peel pads for 45.00, that's pretty good. This has a whole cocktail of ingredients that will exfoliate, hydrate, and clear the skin. I have combination/acne prone skin and this has helped clear up acne and smooth out my skin very nicely and helps my serums/creams sink in better. Since I don't wanna overdo it because it might backfire on me, I only use this about 2-3 times a wk. I leave it on my face/neck for about 5-7 mins and then wash off and apply my serum/night cream/eye cream/acne treatment.

This is such a great product..I've been using my PTR Viz-1000 after rinsing this off. I'm really into PTR products and willing to try more.

You can find PTR at Ulta.

This is an early review, as i've only used this twice so far. I havn't had any irritation with this. I'm impressed with these pads early on because they have already significantly improved some of the areas on my face very prone to clogging. I hope this continues to be affective for me, even at a young 22 it makes me feel good that it's geared for anti-aging also. I will update with more regular use, but as far as i can tell this is all it's been chalked up to be around the skincare boards.
Update** I think there are better cheaper alternatives out there. This didn't help a whole lot with my clogged pores. I like leave on formulas better, along the lines of a toner.

Excellent product. A product I was using left me with some little bumps, and this fixed it, quickly. It isn't overly irritating either, which is surprising considering how strong and effective it is. It doesn't have a strong or irritating fragrance. It is sticky, but since it is rinsed off within minutes, it doesn't matter much. It is very expensive but also very effective.

on 6/5/2009 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I cut these in half and that is enough for my face, neck and hands. I have super dry, sensitive skin and use it 2-3x/week. It works pretty well on my face - my only real problem, apart from its crazy-sensitiveness, is flakiness, which it helps.
~What is *amazing* is what it has done for my hands. I've gotten eczema on my hands on and off my whole life, and over time steroid creams left me with, well, old lady hands. After my first use, my hands looked ten years younger (that is, they looked my age again). It really is miraculous. On my face I leave it on for the full three minutes, but on my hands only one minute or so because for some reason they get irritated more easily.
~Oh! and it was great on my legs! My legs always get super razor-bumpy no matter what I do. I tried exfoliated my legs with these - one pad for both legs - before shaving and I got an amazingly close, un-irritated shave.

on 5/31/2009 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

These are great!!! I love them and use them about twice, sometimes three times a week. I know that the directions state to use them daily but I don't think I need it that often. In addition, I usually cut one the pads in half since that usually has enough product saturation to cover all of my face and neck area. And a quick tip is that I keep the container upside down to make sure that the top pads in the container stay saturated with the product :)

on 5/18/2009 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I love this pads, I have used others expensive peel systems from Chanel, Shiesdo, and Dr. Dennis Gross MD skin solutions and IMO these out perform the others, not just in price wise but in overall performance. I do not use them daily because I use retin a, every 2nd night. I use these pads the morning after my retin a and the two together have given me soft clear skin. I would totally recommend them, just start slow, like leave on for the reccommended 3 minutes and then increase the time before you wash off. I love the simplicity of the pads as well, easy to use and excellent results, worth the money.

on 4/29/2009 6:20:00 PM

I have been using this product for two months now and just ordered myself another tub. While I can't say it has been a miracle worker for my skin, I do believe it has helped a lot. I use this everyday in the morning and leave on for ten minutes. I did notice when I first started using this product that my skin broke out mildly. However, after the inital three days I was good to go and have not had any problems since. Although I don't think my hyperpigmentation has gotten any lighter (it is so hard to tell!) I do ardently believe that this product imparts a lovely glow to my skin that I otherwise did not have. I will continue to use this product and will be taking a before and after picture two months later to see what kind of effect this product really has.

UPDATE: I finally figured out what was causing my acne: Unwrinkle Peel Pads! This surprises me becaue the acids in it should PREVENT acne, not cause it. However, everyone's skin is different, so what may be gold for one person is dirt for another. Let me add that I've never read about this product causing acne, so this may be a very rare reaction. I would not was this to deter other ladies from trying it out as, obviously, it has a very large following. However, be aware this it may, possibly, cause acne.

Popular Treatments (Face)