Peter Thomas Roth Un-Wrinkle Peel Pads

4.4

Water, Glycolic Acid, Ethoxydiglycol, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Lactate (Lactic Acid), Rosa Centifolia Flower Water, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, Ppg-5-Ceteth-20, Butylene Glycol, Arginine, Linolenic Acid (Vitamin F), Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Retinol (Vitamin A), Cholecalciferol (Vitamin D), Alanine, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C), Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Symphytum Officinale Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Salicylic Acid, Caprylic/Capric, Triglyceride, Propylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea.

on 7/19/2009 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

After reading so many good reviews, I decided to buy this! I don't regret buying it because this stuff is amazing! 60 peel pads for 45.00, that's pretty good. This has a whole cocktail of ingredients that will exfoliate, hydrate, and clear the skin. I have combination/acne prone skin and this has helped clear up acne and smooth out my skin very nicely and helps my serums/creams sink in better. Since I don't wanna overdo it because it might backfire on me, I only use this about 2-3 times a wk. I leave it on my face/neck for about 5-7 mins and then wash off and apply my serum/night cream/eye cream/acne treatment.

This is such a great product..I've been using my PTR Viz-1000 after rinsing this off. I'm really into PTR products and willing to try more.

You can find PTR at Ulta.

This is an early review, as i've only used this twice so far. I havn't had any irritation with this. I'm impressed with these pads early on because they have already significantly improved some of the areas on my face very prone to clogging. I hope this continues to be affective for me, even at a young 22 it makes me feel good that it's geared for anti-aging also. I will update with more regular use, but as far as i can tell this is all it's been chalked up to be around the skincare boards.
Update** I think there are better cheaper alternatives out there. This didn't help a whole lot with my clogged pores. I like leave on formulas better, along the lines of a toner.

Excellent product. A product I was using left me with some little bumps, and this fixed it, quickly. It isn't overly irritating either, which is surprising considering how strong and effective it is. It doesn't have a strong or irritating fragrance. It is sticky, but since it is rinsed off within minutes, it doesn't matter much. It is very expensive but also very effective.

on 6/5/2009 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I cut these in half and that is enough for my face, neck and hands. I have super dry, sensitive skin and use it 2-3x/week. It works pretty well on my face - my only real problem, apart from its crazy-sensitiveness, is flakiness, which it helps.
~What is *amazing* is what it has done for my hands. I've gotten eczema on my hands on and off my whole life, and over time steroid creams left me with, well, old lady hands. After my first use, my hands looked ten years younger (that is, they looked my age again). It really is miraculous. On my face I leave it on for the full three minutes, but on my hands only one minute or so because for some reason they get irritated more easily.
~Oh! and it was great on my legs! My legs always get super razor-bumpy no matter what I do. I tried exfoliated my legs with these - one pad for both legs - before shaving and I got an amazingly close, un-irritated shave.

on 5/31/2009 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

These are great!!! I love them and use them about twice, sometimes three times a week. I know that the directions state to use them daily but I don't think I need it that often. In addition, I usually cut one the pads in half since that usually has enough product saturation to cover all of my face and neck area. And a quick tip is that I keep the container upside down to make sure that the top pads in the container stay saturated with the product :)

on 5/18/2009 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I love this pads, I have used others expensive peel systems from Chanel, Shiesdo, and Dr. Dennis Gross MD skin solutions and IMO these out perform the others, not just in price wise but in overall performance. I do not use them daily because I use retin a, every 2nd night. I use these pads the morning after my retin a and the two together have given me soft clear skin. I would totally recommend them, just start slow, like leave on for the reccommended 3 minutes and then increase the time before you wash off. I love the simplicity of the pads as well, easy to use and excellent results, worth the money.

on 4/29/2009 6:20:00 PM

I have been using this product for two months now and just ordered myself another tub. While I can't say it has been a miracle worker for my skin, I do believe it has helped a lot. I use this everyday in the morning and leave on for ten minutes. I did notice when I first started using this product that my skin broke out mildly. However, after the inital three days I was good to go and have not had any problems since. Although I don't think my hyperpigmentation has gotten any lighter (it is so hard to tell!) I do ardently believe that this product imparts a lovely glow to my skin that I otherwise did not have. I will continue to use this product and will be taking a before and after picture two months later to see what kind of effect this product really has.

UPDATE: I finally figured out what was causing my acne: Unwrinkle Peel Pads! This surprises me becaue the acids in it should PREVENT acne, not cause it. However, everyone's skin is different, so what may be gold for one person is dirt for another. Let me add that I've never read about this product causing acne, so this may be a very rare reaction. I would not was this to deter other ladies from trying it out as, obviously, it has a very large following. However, be aware this it may, possibly, cause acne.

on 4/26/2009 6:09:00 PM

I tried this because according to the skincare board this is very good for post inflammatory hyperpigmentation. Within a few seconds of applying, my skin was on fire! blotchy and awful. By the time I got to water (to remove) I had welts. Not so good.

on 4/26/2009 12:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

2 months worth for $50 isn't too bad but still it does hit the pocketbook. These (clearasil type) pads are steeped in some glorious compound that makes an instant difference in glow, even skintone, zero breakouts and no blackheads. I don't have anything but a small nose to lip line and little crow's feet popping up so this says Un-Wrinkle so we shall see. I leave this on up to 30 minutes to a half hour before rinsing but I will buy these every 2 months as long as the company keeps it out. Highly recommended!

on 4/25/2009 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I find many peeling pads leave a sticky, icky residue or have too much alcohol and leave my skin stung and dried out. These leave a bit of residue, but are effective without harming my skin. I use it nightly before my retinoid, and wake up to soft and smooth skin. I have an issue with some of the ingredients (methylparaben, diazolidinyl urea) that give it a moderate hazard rating on cosmeticsdatabase.com, but I like the effects enough to consider overlooking it for another purchase.

Popular Treatments (Face)