November 22, 2014 | 1878 users online

Treatments (Face) - Peter Thomas Roth - Un-Wrinkle Peel Pads

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2009 9:47:00 AM More reviews by Delizzie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this on sale after seeing the good reviews on MUA. I don't get the tingling that I get with my other glycolic products, which is strange, but it has made my skin noticeably smoother and softer. The product could be stronger in my opinion. Tempted to give it a 3...but I'll give it a bit longer...

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2009 5:15:00 PM More reviews by browneedog

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

YOWZA!! I've had these for about 8 weeks and have used them faithfully.After just one use I noticed a big improvement in pore size and it does make the skin feel firmer.As for scarring and the nasal labial lines it didn't do much.I would say if you have sensitive skin to use once or twice a week and only for a minute or two.But if you have tougher skin like mine...I will leave on for up to 30 minutes about 3 times a week.To me it really is a product that performs and I have seen a noticeable difference.They are truly worth it IMO.
UPDATE: I have been using these pads faithfully since February and I have to say the longer you use them the better my skin is getting.They really have made a difference(finally) in the nasal labial lines.My skin is all over clearer,firmer and more hydrated so needless to say I am very pleased.It is one of those products where I actually keep looking in the mirror to see if my skin looks as good as it actually feels.It makes me look as if I can really go without foundation.But I don't for the simple fact I am such a makeup hound!!

14 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2009 3:19:00 PM More reviews by Roxlet

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product in the winter and used it a few times then kind of forgot about it until last week. I began using the pads twice a day, and then yesterday, as I was putting on my makeup near the window, I was shocked to see how good my skin looked. It kind of glowed. I am thrilled with the results of these pads not only from the standpoint of wrinkle reduction, but also for the general brightening of my skin. I will definitely keep these as a permanent part of my beauty routine. If I could give it 6 stars, I would.

11 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2009 10:49:00 PM More reviews by olelala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I must say, I absolutely ADORE these pads (like everyone on MUA seems to)!!!!!! They are a 20% blend of AHA/BHAs, as well as amino acids, and they retexturize your skin in a jiffy like no other. In other words, it's 60 cotton pads soaked in a really potent cocktail of glycolic, lactic (for exfoliation and hyperpigmentation), salicylic (to clean pores from the inside out), linolenic (to boost moisture) and amino acids, that do everything from smoothing out texture to lightening dark spots to stopping breakouts in their tracks. Sounds really harsh, but surprisingly the mix is pretty gentle and doesn't sting at all! You can even use it everyday according to the directions (although I don't, since I also use RAM 0.04%). IMO they really really really help with flakes and dryness associated with retinoid-usage. They're a dream team together for me (used alternately of course).

I've tried the MUAC Glycolic Peel up to 40%, as well as in-clinic microdermabrasion and chemical peels, and honestly these pads do the same job if not better. It's cheaper, more convenient, no danger of burning your skin off, and you get amazing, professional results without having to pay loads of money.

I find that the best way to use it is to combine the chemical exfoliation with physical exfoliation. I rub the pad on my skin in a circular motion for up to 60 seconds, and then I leave it on for up to 30 minutes (I know, it says shorter but I have really tough elephant hide level skin). I end up little red so I make sure to do this at night, but the redness fades quickly and in the morning I am left with glowing, clear skin! I will never be without these little pads, and count them as one of the HG products that killed my persistent breakouts. Make sure to not "rub" on an active breakout though. Just swipe lightly over it to coat it, and it will greatly help with killing it and lessening the chance of it leaving a mark. I'd suggest these to anyone who has wanted a professional peel or microdermabrasion, and hasn't been able to because they haven't won the lottery yet, lol. But seriously, from experience, this is MUCH better than peels/microderm from a clinic.

35 out of 37 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2009 10:59:00 PM More reviews by Jenls27

WOW! After reading reviews here I went out and bought this a couple of months ago. I have not had a zit since I started using this. I was and presently still using the PTR AHA/BHA Acne serum which has been great but in combination with the Unwrinkle pads, it's an unbeatable combination. My skin is so smooth and free of blemishes, even during my period. I'm in love. I'm going to go out and get the Unwrinkle for eyes. I only use the pads like 2 times per week. The pads will last me a few more months.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2009 10:21:00 PM More reviews by lilacmess

the first time I used a pad, I was impressed. the second time, 2 days later, my skin possibly looked better than it has in years. after the 3rd pad in a week, my skin was a mess.
i'm using just one pad a week now. i should have followed the directions that say to only use once a week for dry/sensitive skin. duh.

60 pads will last me months, and as long as i don't overuse them, they really even out my skin. yay.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2009 1:10:00 PM More reviews by Maliktai

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I too love these pads and have been using them for over a month. My skin is fairly tough so it absolutely adores them.

I used MD Skincare Peel Pads for about two months before trying these. Although I liked the MD pads, I wanted a product with BHA's. These fit the bill perfectly!

I am 58, dark skin (NW 45) with skin that has always been somewhat oily but is now more normal to combination. Dark skin often has hyperpigmentation issues, and these remarkable pads have really helped to fade those few dark spots.

Another thing I really like about these pads is that they have reduced the blackheads around my nose and chin. My skin feels smooth and silky and my concealer (don't wear foundation or powder) goes on smoothly.

Finally, the use of these pads had reduced my arsenal of skin care products. I have given up on exfoliators and scrubs and narrowed my regiment to just a few products.

14 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2009 1:00:00 PM More reviews by MakeupGalinCO

Wow, these little pads are great! I read the last two reviews and one review was bad because the person had a reaction to it...I don't think that's very fair because it is a great product and most ppl can tolerate BHA/AHA's but of course some can't. Not really the products fault...
Anyway, I have been using these for a few weeks and really love them. My skin hasn't looked better and my breakouts have really decreased, great stuff!!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/23/2009 11:10:00 PM More reviews by jrichardson

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm in the minority here. I'm only reviewing this product because I think it's pretty awful stuff. I had a very bad reaction on my neck, in particular. After using this, I got a large red, scaly rash that looked (and felt) like a burn. I could only put it down to this, as I hadn't used any other products on my neck at the time. For what it's worth, I would recommend you steer clear unless you're tolerant of very harsh products.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2009 7:08:00 PM More reviews by pitseleh7

I have been using these for over 2 months now and have noticed no improvement in my skin. In fact, my pores look bigger and my red marks seem darker. My face is just one big blotchy mess! :( These smell awful, too! I don't really understand why these have worked for everyone else and not for me, but that seems to be the pattern with products I use. Ugh. One positive note: These do make my skin soft.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No