September 23, 2014 | 2010 users online

Treatments (Face) - SKII - Facial Treatment Essence

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2011 10:05:00 AM More reviews by ECMac25

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I am not a fan of toners and mists and any skincare products that have a watery consistency. I just find them either unecessary or too drying for my skin. SKII facial treatment essence is the only exception. For whatever reason, this "holy water" truly does perform miracles...whenever I stray from it, my skin develops a bumpy texture and reverts to a combination state of being oily in the t-zone and very dry/sensitive in the cheeks. With the essence, my skin is even in texture, tone, and is moisturized evenly. Recently, I developed a horrible allergic reaction and sunburn to a new serum that I tried, and so I went and bought a new bottle of this essence after being without it for a year...as I remembered, upon first application, it immediately soothed my skin and healed the damage within a week. I probably won't purchase this product regularly as it's so pricey, but I will turn to it again in skin emergency situations!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2011 8:57:00 PM More reviews by limstephy

I have just returned from a snorkelling trip and my face are getting a lot of bumps and breakouts. Tried jojoba oil which was previously working for me, it doesn't seem effective now. SK-II is having a promotional package which came with a toner and FTE and I decided to give it a try. Though its just Day 1 of using it, I already noticed the effect on my skin. Fairer, lesser bumps, smoother and in fact I felt like I came back from a facial just after one night. Hope to see more positive results. Will update soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2011 9:09:00 AM More reviews by tnt21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product, not sure if it has improved any signs of aging, that only time will tell. But this product makes my skin feels really soft and smooth. It just erases any bumps on the face. As to clearing pores I don't think that is possible with any product, it may just minimize it a bit.
Have been using FTE for over a year now and will rebuy it definitely!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2011 3:37:00 AM More reviews by racmal01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I can't quite make my mind up on this essence. It was horrendously expensive and I didn't even buy the largest size bottle but bought the 150 ml bottle. I use this after cleansing and toning and find that it's applied better when my skin is just a wee bit damp from my toner.
Considering the premium price and branding the packaging is very cheap and they could well improve with how the liquid is dispensed to both save product and also to reduce the risk of contamination.
I have been using this for 3 months now. I have combination skin, early-mid thirties with no obvious lines or wrinkles. It doesn't cause break-outs or dry my skin but but I really done see much of an improvement for the price tage (much like the Genifique serum). In saying this though I think this product is a preventative anti-aging essence so unless I can do a 'Sliding Doors' moment I will never really know if using this will help slow down the aging process.
Not sure how people hate the smell - its so subtle it's not worth mentioning and one you apply any other face creams it is undetectable. Using it twice daily my bottle will probably last 6 months so i will have to review it later on to see if something better is on the market. If you don't mind spending the extra money on a product which is probably not an essential for your daily skin care routine then you should at least try it out but otherwise I wouldn't worry about buying it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2011 3:38:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

I had this for 3 years, initially I used it and find nothing significant. The effect is nothing short of using some scrub or AHA, but for the price, its not worth it. I used about half of it (4 oz) and I tried it the other day again & still .... not much difference.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/8/2011 9:33:00 PM More reviews by lkjpoiu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product broke me out HORRIBLY, I have sensitive skin and the sales women promised me that it would be ok for my skin. The first day I used it, it was ok...but by the third day, I broke out on my cheeks and could not continue to use it as it started to itch. I gave it to my mom and hope she gets use out of it or it will be money going down the drain..

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2011 8:26:00 AM More reviews by sixbluemooses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

My only negative comment about this is the price - why SK-II whyyyyy!

I don't use their whole range, I only use the essence because i got it as a free sample (30ml size). I'm using it as the SA reccomended for my oily/dehydrated acne prone skin - press into my skin with my fingers after toning and before moisturiser. I've been using it for about 2 weeks now.

I'm loving the feeling it gives me and my skin is definitely more glowy - a nice difference to my normal dull oily skin.
It hasn't negatively affected my acne either but it hasn't really prevented new pimples either. It seems like its making my pores smaller though, so that can only help my acne right?
I'll update after a few more weeks of use :)

UPDATE:
I ended up buying the big bottle :D
I don't use it every day twice a day like suggested, but more like every night or second night when I feel like I need some extra moisture etc
its made my skin softer, brighter and seems to help with my acne scars
Will buy again <3

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2011 11:06:00 PM More reviews by parisrose

Despite my acne condition, I have to say this is a good product. Together with the clear lotion, I can see that my skin is clearer. Remember to use it with the clear lotion. I used 2 bottles without the clear lotion and didnt think i saw any good result till I added clear lotion.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2011 1:00:00 AM More reviews by mamamabel

It really works! After day 2, I could see my complexion got brighter, tightened pores and became more radiant. I use it together with the clear lotion and together they work wonder :) My skin texture is improved, the T-zone area is normalized. Everytime I look in the mirror I look like someone who has been going regularly to her dermatologist for routine facial treatment. I didn't experience break-outs or allergic reactions to pitera that some might encounter. Yes the price is a bit high for it, but you only need small amount at each application...so a bottle is such a good investment for a healthy glowing skin. Love this essence and will repurchase it for sure! My suggestion is get the essence kit first so you know whether it's ok for ur skin...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2011 10:14:00 AM More reviews by monvai

No effect on my skin whatsoever. Used for about 2 months - have given it away to my mom for her to try.

UPDATE; I have started to use this with the Clear Lotion and it works miracles. My skin is glowing, smooth and soft in the mornings.

The SA told me to dab the Clear Lotion on a cotton pad and dab it on the skin for about 1 minute. (yes 1 minute). Followed by the FTE on a cotton pad for 1-2 minutes, dabbing gently (beauty is hard work but worth it). The results was abut amazing - I truly think the difference is the Clear Lotion and the technique of application.

Yes its expensive, but its still cheaper than, La MER!